Sat, Oct 5, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Poser siting: strip poker game

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 5:07 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pinup-strip-poker.com/index.php?source=ch

There is no nudity on the linked site. They are selling a strip poker game for $20 featuring Poser models, hair, and clothing.

I recognize many of the products as coming from here, DAZ, or Poser Pros. Did they have to get permission?  Do the vendors get a royalty from each game sold?

Anyone have this game?  Is it any good?

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 6:34 PM

If it is graphic based, no permission is needed. That would be what 3D commercial content is intended for.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Phantast ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 6:35 PM

Why should they get a royalty? Whoever did the graphics for the game is entitled to do what they like with their own pictures.

The license for items purchased at any of the major Poser marketplaces explicitly allows commercial usage of derived images, so the issue is very clear.

As to whether the game is any good, there appears to be a free demo, so why don't you try it out and report back?

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 6:49 PM · edited Thu, 13 April 2006 at 6:50 PM

Hey that girl seems busy. Not only is she stripping but she is posing for book covers too. :)

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_338107.jpg

I have yet to find a poker game I cannot beat.  This one took all of 15 minutes and I wasn't even trying.

Here's the "reward" screen, such as it is.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:26 PM

Okay, I played the demo. It's okay. Not terrible, but also not spectacular. The girls play pretty poorly. It's easy to outbluff them (I won more than once with a pair of threes.) They also easily give up their hands with terrible poker faces.

It took me about a half hour to have all three of the demo girls naked and out. Interestingly, when they are out they show that they are "dead." A bit morbid, but hey, to each his own I guess.

The English skills of the girls is horrid.

The best part of the game is after you win. It unlocks some still renders of the girls you played. They were decent renders, but nothing you can't see in the gallery, so not worth $20.

All in all, if you have twenty bucks burning a hole in your pocket, and you enjoy casually playing poker (since you will not be challenged by the game's AI) then you could purchase it. Otherwise, save your money, play the demo once for kicks, then uninstall it like I just did.

But that's just my opinion. :biggrin:

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:27 PM

Quote - I have yet to find a poker game I cannot beat.  This one took all of 15 minutes and I wasn't even trying.

Here's the "reward" screen, such as it is.

Well, I guess there is no reason at all to even try the demo now, lol!

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:28 PM

That's the reward?

Where's the sword and the temple?

They obviously don't know how to use Poser.  LOL

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 7:42 PM

Maybe they send one of these girls to your house as reward? I hope they don't send them as .sit file.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 1:37 AM

quess it depends where she sits :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 2:46 AM

Actually I was working on a Poker game like this myself about a year ago, which I thought might be worth releasing commercially. The playtesters all complained though that it was too hard and they could never win. I had to put in a cheat mode, and even so it was difficult.

I didn't pursue it further because it was such a lot of work designing each opponent.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 4:04 AM

Quote - Actually I was working on a Poker game like this myself about a year ago, which I thought might be worth releasing commercially. The playtesters all complained though that it was too hard and they could never win. I had to put in a cheat mode, and even so it was difficult.

I didn't pursue it further because it was such a lot of work designing each opponent.

I would be interested to see how I fared against it.  IMO, the AI is never great in card games and the only way some of them can win is to cheat by deliberately dealing bad hands when the human player is winning.  Even then, there are simple ways to minimize the damage.

My Store

My Gallery

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 6:13 AM

The most profitable gambling tip in the long run is "Do not gamble".

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 10:38 AM

Heck... I'm gambling every time I wake up in the morning. :)

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 11:32 AM

Quote - IMO, the AI is never great in card games and the only way some of them can win is to cheat by deliberately dealing bad hands when the human player is winning. 

When I started the project I was expecting I would have to let the AI cheat in order for the game to be any challenge, and I had built in a function whereby a certain percentage of the time the AI would peek at the player's cards. In the end I never needed that, because the AI was quite strong enough without it. I was quite gratifed!

BUT

What I did do was choose a version of Poker very favorable to my purpose. It's not Texas Hold'em. In fact, as I don't know much about Poker, I don't even know what it IS called. The game uses a short deck of 32 cards, which maximizes the chance of high-scoring hands. There's no draw. Each player is dealt five cards, and then there follows at most three rounds of bidding.

The limited bidding rounds means that the player can't wipe the AI out on one hand, and the game is therefore tilted towards many short hands. This maximizes the computer's strength of knowing the exact percentages. The absence of a draw and the high score variability obtained from using a short deck also play to this strength.

Each "player" is characterized by a large number of variables such as proneness to bluff and so on, and I was able to find a combination of these that gave the human player a fairly hard time. I could usually beat it, having some inside knowledge of the algorithm, but the playtesters complained that they consistently got beat by the tougher opponents.

Jackson ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 2:54 PM

"If it is graphic based, no permission is needed. That would be what 3D commercial content is intended for."

"Why should they get a royalty? ... license for items purchased at any of the major Poser marketplaces explicitly allows commercial usage of derived images, so the issue is very clear."

I thought I’d read in the past people complaining about products being sold for “non-commercial use only.”  My mistake.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 3:27 PM

Quote - "If it is graphic based, no permission is needed. That would be what 3D commercial content is intended for."

"Why should they get a royalty? ... license for items purchased at any of the major Poser marketplaces explicitly allows commercial usage of derived images, so the issue is very clear."

I thought I’d read in the past people complaining about products being sold for “non-commercial use only.”  My mistake.

Standard terms of license permit commercial use on items bought from most - not all - 3D sites.

Freebies are a different matter and each license varies as the creator sees fit.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.