Mon, Oct 21, 5:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: OT - Weirdest Fetish?

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:29 PM

could be wrong but I think that in the USA the AOC ranges from 14-17 according to jurisdiction but visual images, even if utterly imaginary and showing only one person with no explicit content or nudity, are banned below 18, 19, and 21 by the same jurisdictions. Canada has even stricter laws on artists' depictions of people below 19 although the AOC is 12 in some of its jurisdictions. Marriages in North American sub-cultures such as the Mormons and the Travelers often involve "marriage" between females 11-14 and males 25-85. I do not believe that below the age of say 24 or 25 true consent can be suggested in cases where the age difference is more than 2-3 years.  The age for voting in the USA is 18 and the age for drinking alcohol is 21 with an exemption for persons in military service as young as 17!

http://www.coolnurse.com/consent.htm

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:39 PM · edited Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:40 PM

The furry stuffed animal people always facinate me.

I met this man once that was straight and married and would ...

1-dress up as a blonde black woman(he was white)

2-Climb into restaints, jacket and then bodybag in a summer attic with heaters running

3-and then rub against the floor until........

Just the oddest one I ever heard of. Someone else might have one better. I judge noone. :)

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:50 PM

Then there is the whole shoe thing... what is that about?

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 11:33 PM

I just realized that posting to a thread bumps it to the top.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 12:50 AM

dawnryder, lactating itself is not weird.....having a fetish about it, that is odd. Of course that's just me if others are into it all the power to them 😉 I couldn't imagine though.

Shoes........ahhh lol they don't make me exited that way but I do really really like shoes!! :laugh:

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 12:54 AM

file_337838.gif

I am fascinated by the furry fetishists, and have been ever since I encountered the above image, the so-called "geek chart."  Also, the ABDL (adult baby/diaper lover) community is interesting.  I've explored both in my own dabblings in fan-fiction (I fall at the very bottom of the geek chart).  And the rubber fetish people often have really great outfits.  Wow.

The strangest fetish I've seen was probably the body inflation fetish.  Close second might be a fetish for seeing people gold-plated as statues.  Odd.  But fun, taken as fantasy.  Even the creepy stuff, like the asphyxiation fetish, can be fun, taken as fantasy.  Mind you, I find them fun as an observer.  No practitioner, I.  Cage has no strange habits, whatsoever.  :)

Ernyoka1, where was this Poser adult diaper site?  I have some ABDL clothes on my site.  I used to have associated props.  Do you have the link?  Golly, mine wasn't the site to which you refer, was it?  (Shudder.  What would Kuroyume think?  Gah.)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:19 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:23 AM

Cage,
Your chart overlooked the people who stand out in fields at night and wait to be abducted by UFO's.  This should be followed by those who fantasize having sex with the aliens while standing out in fields at night, waiting to be abducted b ythem; and this should be followed by all the women who, having been abducted, claim that their children are 'Star' material.

Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 1:29 AM

I think  the geek chart creator was restricting him or herself to areas somehow linked to science fiction writing and fandom.  The UFO abductee and contactee movements might fit, somehow, if you kind of stretch things.  Maybe.

But it isn't my chart.  It's been floating around the web for some time.  I can't claim credit for it, and I don't necessarily agree with the way it seems to laugh at the furry community, in particular.  As I said, the chart brought furry fandom to my attention, and I'm really fascinated by the whole thing.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 6:54 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2006 at 6:55 AM

Cage I love that chart!

Where do Trekkies, who speak a little klingon and dress up in Harry Potter robes while writing erotic fanfics belong in that? :lol:

And I do NOT put myself into the stories. I'm only Mary-Sue'ing by proxy

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 8:52 AM · edited Wed, 12 April 2006 at 8:53 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.brunching.com/geekhierarchy.html

There's a bigger, and expanded version of the Geek Hierarchy Chart at the link.

I got started in Poser in order to make pictures of a specific subject of personal interest (my traditional art skills not being wholly up to the job) and found a new hobby and a new community of friends thereby; so I don't consider that a bad thing.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 9:31 AM

I used to tell my students that being an artist was akin to spending your life translating the King James Bible into Klingon. An honorable endeavor but unlikely to lead to fortune or prestige... actually I'm pretty sure writing the Klingon translation of the Bible would bring you more of both then is likely to come from brushing oil colors on to canvas..

:b_rolleyes:

My new fetish is trying to use a big smilie on every post!

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 9:46 AM

Quote: Where do Trekkies, who speak a little klingon and dress up in Harry Potter robes while writing erotic fanfics belong in that?

Feeling superior to the Trekkie who marries their cat taking the Wiccan vows in Klinkgon wearing Harry Potter robes and writes the experience as a  Babalone 5 fanfic on their Blog with Barbra Eden taking the place of the cat.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 9:54 AM

file_337873.jpg

[FLAME ME NOW]

:b_scared:

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 12:23 PM

Heh..I've done some Mary Sue pics (fake books), but haven't done anything serious (there's a site called Lt*tica out there that turned down a submission of mine because of bad grammar..talk about rejection life..don't talk to me about life

Marvin the Robot..;)

As for the Kwakiatkul..I'm revealing my age..these are from a service called Roadrner that had a newsgroup (remember them?..;), and under alt.binaries.erica. whatever..you found most of the categories I mentioned..some years back. I never had the gumption to check it out..the stuff I recogonized was bizarro enough..

Alan Rickman's a cool guy..I've had a woman tell me he takes 'the road less travelled' though..whatever that matters..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 12:46 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, violence

file_338142.jpg

I dedicate this figure to Cage.  Here's a feline furry to warm the cockles of every man's heart. David

PS: Kevin, I think she wants you!  I can see it in her eyes.

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 12:50 AM

file_338143.jpg

And here she is again, shopping for dinner.  Isn't she a GOOD little housewife? : -)

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 12:53 AM

file_338144.jpg

And here she is yet again, bagging the groceries.  She may not bring home the bacon, but venison steaks aren't something to sneeze at. ;-). David

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 2:09 AM

Question: What's a Mary Sue?

For those of us who've been cut off from popular American idiom for the last thirty years, some of the terms and expressions used in these threads leave us rather mouth agape in wonder as to what exactly is beind said.  Well, I looked up at-least one of those terms, and am posting the explanation here.

Mary Sue

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

A Mary Sue (or just Sue) is a fictional character, the term originating from fan fiction, who is an idealised stand-in for the author. It is also sometimes used to describe any stand-in for the author (whether idealized or not), any idealized character (whether a stand-in for the author or not), or any original character in fan-fiction.

Mary Sue may be used to describe a character of any gender but male Mary Sues may also be called "Marty Stus," "Murray Stus," "Harry Stus," or "Gary Stus." "Airy Ooh" is a rarely used unisex variant of the term. Authors of such characters (of either sex) are sometimes referred to as Suethors.

While Mary Sues are generally written unintentionally, some authors deliberately write Mary Sues as a form of parody.

Contents

[hide]

//

[edit]

Etymology

The term "Mary Sue" was coined because of the popularity of these names in the English-speaking population. Mary and Sue have become the symbol of every possible girl, which means the Mary Sue is usually replaceable by anyone inserted in fanfiction, because they aren't canon. The most frequently used male terms "Gary Stu" and "Harry Stu" may exist because of the optical and phonetic affinity.

Mary Sue (or simply Sue) is a pejorative expression for a fictional character who is an idealised stand-in for the author, or for a story with such a character. Originally, the Mary Sue concept came out of Star Trek fan fiction and described an original female character who had a romantic liaison with an established, canon character, particularly if she possessed unrealistic or unlikely traits above and beyond those expected of a character in that particular series, or a conventional author surrogate. However, in recent years the concept has developed a wider meaning, so that any author surrogate character can be defined as Mary Sue. Some believe the term to have originated in a Star Trek fan fiction parody published in 1973's Menagerie #2 written by Paula Smith. The story "A Trekkie's Tale" parodied some current fanfiction in the community which featured original female characters with whom Captain Kirk or Mr. Spock fell in love and who were able to save the day. The term gained mainstream use in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

A more recent definition, based on a misunderstanding of the term in its original context, states that Mary Sue is any original character who possesses unusual qualities, parentage, or appearance — particularly in, but not limited to, science fiction or fantasy, whether original or fan fiction. By this definition, Lessa of Anne McCaffrey's Pern stories, Vanyel of Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series, Rudyard Kipling's intrepid orphan Kim, Ayla of Jean M. Auel's Earth's Children series, and Elminster from Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms novels and RPG setting, are all Mary Sues. Some have gone further, changing previously understood definitions, and have begun to define any original characters in fan fiction as Mary Sue.

In fan fiction, Mary Sue characters are usually the original creation of the author, but sometimes "canon Sues" are created by altering pre-existing canon characters. Conversely, such original or adapted characters are not necessarily Mary Sues. The Peter Jairus Frigate character of the Riverworld series, for instance, is deliberately based on his author but rarely the focus of the story (unlike Tom Sawyer, for instance — a Mary Sue by 2005 standards). However, there are a great number of what many fans think of as pre-existing Sues in canon.

Some fan critics believe that young writers tend to create "narcissistic" Sues and "unintentional" Sues -- characters that develop into Sues due to the author's supposed subconscious desires. Some authors now write Mary Sues deliberately as a form of parody.

Lately, however, Mary Sue in fanfiction is generally considered an original character written by the author into the universe of his/her choosing to upstage the canon characters, occupy the center stage, and take over the story entirely to satisfy the author's ego. Whether or not she exhibits all, none, or few of the classical Mary Sue traits is irrelevant. She has still taken over the established universe to the point that canonical characters are brought beneath her in all regards.

[edit]

Traits of Mary Sues

Mary Sues are characterized by their unusual and dramatic traits and experiences, their similarity to their author, and, especially, their exaggerated superiority to other characters.

Mary Sues normally have exceptional physical and personal characteristics, unusual and (typically) tragic backgrounds. They may have uncommon eye or hair colors and come from a race or species which is uncommon or unknown in the story’s setting. They may have exotic names, pets, and possessions. As children, they experienced abuse or other hardships that were substantially worse than the abuse or hardship experienced by other characters and by the vast majority of people in the real world -- though they seldom if ever display any evidence in personality or behavior of having been traumatized. In adulthood, they are misunderstood or unfairly persecuted. They are abandoned as infants, from a famous or infamous family, or related to the author’s favorite character.

They almost always share hobbies, likes and dislikes, and opinions with the author. They may be of the same nationality or age as the author and have similar but more dramatic physical appearances or backgrounds. In fan-fic, they cause things to happen that the author wishes would happen in canon. They mock and humiliate characters the author dislikes; if these characters are well-liked in canon they reveal to the other characters that they are secretly evil. If a character is disliked by most canon characters but liked by the author, the Mary Sue realizes that they are not really bad but merely misunderstood and either explains this to the other characters or becomes the character's sole confidant and friend. Mary Sues bring together characters the author thinks should be romantically involved with one another or become romantically involved with characters to whom the author is attracted.

Mary Sues have more and better skills than other characters in the story and easily solve problems that stump other characters. Young Mary Sues often have skills or accomplishments that are substantially greater than those of other characters their age and of the vast majority of people their age in the real world. Mary Sues are presented as more moral than other characters and frequently sacrifice their lives or happiness for the sake of other characters. They often have moral ideas that are common in the Western world today but unusual for the setting of the story. They are normally exceptionally attractive.

Mary Sues are heavily praised by the author and other characters. If Mary Sues are criticized, the criticizer is evil or misinformed and the criticism is used to emphasize the misunderstanding and persecution that the Mary Sues face. If Mary Sues have flaws or limitations, they are either minor and endearing or yet another hardship for the Sue to overcome (e.g. paraplegia.)

[edit]

Mary Sue Sub-Types

[edit]

Canon-Sues

Canon-Sues are canon characters who are changed into idealized stand-ins for a fan-fic author. Canon-Sues learn or are suddenly revealed to have powers or skills which make them substantially and unprecedentedly superior to the other characters. They have hobbies, likes and dislikes, and opinions that are never shown in canon and are the same as the author's own. If Canon-Sues have flaws (especially physical unattractiveness) or opinions the author disagrees with, they will be overcome within the story or ignored entirely. Canon-Sues reveal tragic pasts never mentioned in canon, dwell on tragic pasts mentioned but not dwelt upon in canon, and are misunderstood or persecuted by other characters to a degree that they have never been in canon. Canon-Sues become friends with characters the author likes and enemies with characters the author dislikes, even if the reverse was true in canon. Changes to canon characters are made only to make the character more exceptional, pitiable, or similar to the author, and not as part of genuine character growth. Often Canon-Sues will befriend, date, or be mentored by an original character Mary Sue.

The process of creating a Canon-Sue is called “sueification.” Canon-Sues are often referred to as [Character’s name]-Sue. Authors of original fiction may also be accused of “sueifying” if they suddenly idealize in canon a previously average character.

[edit]

Romantic Sues

Romantic Sues are idealized versions of the author’s perfect lover, rather than of the author him or herself. Many female anime characters are criticized for being the (male) writer's Romantic Sues.

[edit]

Anti-Sues

In an effort to create a character who is not a Mary-Sue, an author will sometimes go to an extreme reversal of the typical 'Mary-Sue' traits. Anti-Sues will often be described with just as much detail as their Mary-Sue counterparts; however, the description will usually be one that tells the reader in extreme detail how unbeautiful (or how pretty-but-not-stunningly beautiful), unpopular, unrich, naive, unoptimistic, etc. the character is. However, these characters can be just as forced and as overbearing as their prettier Mary Sue counterparts.

[edit]

Gary Stu

While female Mary Sues are often bright (literally and figuratively) and cheerful, Gary Stus are generally much darker, tending more toward brooding and violent behavior. They are very often apathetic and roguish, having no regard for authority or law. They will often get away with their transgressions again and again - or when they actually are punished, they are completely indifferent.

[edit]

Criticism

The concept of the Mary Sue has been criticized on the grounds that:

• What constitutes “exceptional” skill, tragedy, or an exceptionally unusual background is subjective.
  • Real people often have skills, tragedies, or backgrounds that would cause fictional characters to be classified as Mary Sues
  • Some characters might reasonably have “exceptional” skills, tragedies, or backgrounds. For example, a translator would be expected to speak several languages fluently.
  • Female characters are more likely to be classified as Mary Sues than male characters with the same traits.
  • Virtually all authors include some similarities to themselves in their characters.
  • Good fiction containing idealized characters or author-surrogates can and has been written. Examples given include Charles Dickens (idealized characters) and Hunter S. Thompson (author-surrogate).
  • It's common for authors to write about what they do know. So an author who studies martial arts will likely create characters who study martial arts.
  • Unusual physical attributes can sometimes be the focus of a whole, well-written plot.

Some critics agree with the basic Mary Sue concept but believe that it is (wrongly) applied to characters who are unusual in any way or to any original or changed character in fan-fic. Other critics argue that Mary Sue should be applied only to idealized author-surrogates, not to characters who are only idealized or only author-surrogates.

[edit]

Mary Sues in Popular Culture

• In the April 29, 2005 issue of The Times Literary Supplement Roz Kaveney said that the Doctor Who character Rose is: "what is commonly known as a 'Mary Sue' — an unironic reflection of the writers' and fans' desire to get in there and help the Doctor out (while managing to stay pretty)."
  • The X-Files character Leyla Harrison is an officially-sanctioned Mary Sue character on two levels. When the character, an F.B.I. accountant who idolizes Mulder and Scully, gets promoted and joins them on a case, she is inserted into an X-Files "monster of the week" episode (episode 8X19, "Alone") in much the same way that a fanfiction author writes him or herself into an x-file by using the Mary Sue convention in his or her story. Furthermore, the character was named after a beloved writer of X-Files fanfiction who died of cancer, so the Mary Sue status of the character serves as an affectionate tribute to the deceased fan.

[edit]

External links

[edit]

Sources

[1] Verba, Joan Marie. BOLDLY WRITING: A Trekker Fan and Zine History 1967-1987. Mankato, MN: FTL Publications, 1996.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 9:13 AM

Yes, she wants me. The question is... for what? [grin]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

MartinW ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 9:43 AM

I know this is going back a little from Mary Sues to the original topic, but here's a true story to warm your...heart

A few years ago I worked with someone who had a sideline

He used to sell used/worn female underwear through the newspapers

The 'product' was guaranteed as 'genuine' by means of, ah, a few...hairs with every used/worn panty

So one year he had three women 'working' for him as 'suppliers'

Trouble was, they were too successful, and by the end of the summer all three women had completely depilated themselves

So, not to disappoint their customers...the began pulling a few hairs out of the tail of a pet cat!

Anyway, after the summer that year, when the women's share of the profits had paid for them to have a very nice holiday, the enterprise kinda faltered and finished

And the punchline - he was my manager in a very well known UK bank!

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 12:24 PM

Not to be mean but which breed of cat has hair on it's tail that is anything like human pubic or head hair? What kinda dumb_ss cat would stick around to put up with that sort of thing? Maybe people who buy soiled underwear from newspaper adds are more broadminded then I be... maybe in fact the business was oriented toward Furry enthusiasts but your pall was to shy to mention that.

:blink:

MartinW ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 12:32 PM

momodot - I have no idea of the breed of cat used to donate hairs, but from what my friend told me it was just a service to sell used/worn pantys. Believe me, if it had have been more (furry, etc.) he would not have hesitated in telling me. It makes me wonder as to the, ah, degree of experience of the purchasers with women...or maybe they were just too shy to ask for a refund?!

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 6:43 PM

I am a bad influence, I see that now..;)
My favorite Mary Sue quote is  (something along the lines of).."bolder than Kirk, more compassionate than McKoy, smarter than Spock..and sleeps with all 3..;)"

I don't know if it's true or  not, but I've been told that  the British are head and shoulders above many others in coming up with new kinks..;) And for some reason after reading all this, I'm reminded of the Python skit about dressing up as mice, at a party, eating cheese, etc..;)

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 14 April 2006 at 8:00 PM

Quote - It makes me wonder as to the, ah, degree of experience of the purchasers with women...

Now you are really scaring me :-) I may not be the worlds foremost expert on pussy hair but I think I know it when I see it.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 12:11 AM

I love Wikipedia, and I really like your cat-lady, dphoadley, although her neck-chomping habits are a bit intimidating.  And this underwear thing kind of scares me....  :)  I'm glad to know about Mary Sues, however.  Hmm.  I seem to have written a few.  In fact, my avatar is a Mary Sue!  Neat.  :)

What does it mean that we've gotten "Multiple Advisories"?  I clicked on "details" but nothing happened.  It just sent me back to the top of the page.  If we get enough advisories, do we get a prize?  Or do we get locked out of Rosity again? 

Maybe I should read the latest TOS, eh?

Anyway, I apologize if I have said anything deserving of an advisory!  Jeepers.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 11:30 AM

Multiple Advisories just means people in the thread have clicked clicked more than one of the Nudity, Violence, or Language boxes... that is what I thought?

I propose that the male version for Mary Sue should be hensforth "Harry Postter"... he sure scores high on the Sue-nosity meter! Hits basically every point listed in the Wikipedia article.

Once I was really fat due to some meds I was on... wow their were a lot of chubby chasers after me, male and female. Now no one notices me :) Why aren't there any nerd-boy chasers like that latin chick in the American Pie sequel. I saw that on video while laid out drunk and sick on an air matress in a heavily fortified apartment surrounded by armed guards in Central America. Oy! The nerd chick (not the Vicky-esk nerd chaser) had to be the sexiest girl in movies... the one with the flute! How is that for a kink... nerdy girls! I did see a website for enthusiates of photos of youg women posing with their eyes crossed, was that a nerd thing?

How do two people with lip rings and tungues studs exchange salivae I wonder? I would be terrified of getting hung up! Not to mention being afraid of cold weather and hot coffee!

Well, this thread was worth it for me to learn a little about slash and Mary Sues! I wonder if their are Mary Seusses? People who write themseves into Dr. Seuss stories?

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 12:47 PM

Dear Cage,
    Thanks for the endorsement.  It's not Cat Woman, but PantherGirl.  She's an Eve 4 figure created with morphs generously supplied to me by both momodot and pakled**,** (for which I'm eternally grateful).  Especially useful were the morphs by which I moved the ears to the back and top of her head.  The texture is Traveler's Snow Leopard, available at his MorphWorld site.
    If anybody is interested in developing the figure further, then they can contact me at: dph@013.net.il
    Sincerely,
    David P. Hoadley
    Happy Passover!

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 1:11 PM

Blink!? I supplied morphs? I've done 2 so far, and no one's asked for them that I know of..(though I am getting a bit long in the tooth..memory's the 2nd thing to go..;) I appreciate the plug, but  all I have to offer are some messed up helmets at Traugs, and some classic keyboards at Planit3d (there..now that's a plug..;)  thanks anyways..;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 1:37 PM · edited Sat, 15 April 2006 at 1:38 PM

I meant via your NEAena Posette.  Her face morphs, along with others given to my by momodot were crucial in developing my Eve 4 characters: Olga, Ayesharya, Bolliharya, Kimberly Kwick, & Heather Haste.
And again, thank you for providing the bricks by which we build.
Sincerely yours,
David P. Hoadley

darken666 ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 1:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.deviantart.com/view/1367741/

Thinking of Harry Potter and the oft-frightening world of internet slash fiction...  I ran across this pic some time ago, and thought it apt for that subject. :)

As for fetishes, I've only got two, girls in glasses, and big women (200 lbs - 250 lbs range.)   

And I think the weirdest I've seen is the Inflation fetish which involves pictures of girls being inflated with various kinds of air pumps like they were balloons...

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 2:48 PM

dp, I think you are confusing pakled with pitklad... a common error. :-)

/And I think the weirdest I've seen is the Inflation fetish which involves pictures of girls being inflated with various kinds of air pumps like they were balloons.../

That is interesting. Fits in the category of surrealist/impractical fetish.

Glasses are cool... why? As a kid liked the dorky girls, not all of them wore glasses but certainly none of the frieghtful cool girls did. You like Velma I take it? Or not that type :)

darken666 ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 2:58 PM

Ah yes, Velma was one of my favorite characters. :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 4:09 PM

Oops!  My appologies to all injured parties.  I am still gratefull however to all who have aided me in my creations.
Sincerely yours,
David P. Hoadley
Happy Passover!

sixus1 ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 12:25 AM · edited Sun, 16 April 2006 at 12:27 AM

Just when I thought that I had heard of them all....then came Voraphilia. 

"What is a "Vorarephile?"

A vorarephile is someone who has intense interest in or is sexually aroused by one creature eating another. The eating involved can be something as "soft" as a frog swallowing a fly, or as "hard" as a lion tearing its prey apart with claws and teeth. Cannibalism, animals eating each other, amoebas engulfing other microscopic creatures... it's all there, depending on the individual's interest. A vorarephile's emotional reaction to their fantasies is almost always erotic, but can vary from gentle, joyful surrender, to the adrenaline rush of panic and pain. Vorarephiles may enjoy the thrill of the hunt as either predator or prey."

You can find the website by googling 'vore'
Don't ask why I know :)

--Rebekah--

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 1:06 AM · edited Sun, 16 April 2006 at 1:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - And I think the weirdest I've seen is the Inflation fetish which involves pictures of girls being inflated with various kinds of air pumps like they were balloons...

In my late teens, I came across a book titled 'Sex From A to Z'.  Among the fetishes described, was one in which the man blew into the woman's vagina.  Of the disparate cases recorded, however, several ended with fatal consequences for the woman.  Apparently the air pressure ruptured something inside of her, killing her.
So whatever inflationary fetishes are involved here, if it's not simple fantasizing, I can't help but doubt as to their veracity.  That is, of course, unless we're talking about a variation of the 'Snuff' fetish.

On the other hand, I have seen video clips involving vacuming, where vaginal pumps are used to greatly distend the Mons Veneris and Labia Majora.  Possibly that is what is being referred to.
Hoadley

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 9:55 AM

Vacuuming? Yuck. I was once on a TV advertisement focus group with a guy who became litteraly incenced because one of the adds showed a man vacuming (his living room), he also could not tell any african american actor/characters apart. The later saw the add and there were no dark skinned people and there was no vacuming for anyone. It was a banking commercial.

I have seen ads in the local "alternative" paper by "large" men seeking male "trainers" to help them gain weight and by "trainers" seeking "large" male "trainees" to coach in eating... I got the impression that these ads did not have to do with nutritional issues.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 10:41 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_338491.jpg

> **Quote - "I have seen ads in the local "alternative" paper by "large" men seeking male "trainers" to help them gain weight and by "trainers" seeking "large" male "trainees" to coach in eating... I got the impression that these ads did not have to do with nutritional issues."**

Double Yuck!!
Let's get back to the furries.  Here's PantherGirl in a less Vorarephilic mood.  I'd rather look at her than inflated overweight men, for that all I ahve to do is stand in front of a mirror.

Hoadley**

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 4:01 PM

ok..thank heavens...glad that's straightened out..Pakled is a none-to-bright alien, the intellectual equal of NaySayGuy, and pitklad is a ..well, what is a Pitklad?..;)

the weirdness stuff seems to be all over  the deian art website..but it's hard to tell with that place..(misspell a name, and there's no telling what you're gonna see..;) one of the funniest ones was a cartoon called 'blueberry girl', or something like that. It reminds me of a movie called Cecil B Demented, where they have some fetish movie theatre, with..well, I won't say, it's too freaky for me..;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 4:44 PM

Sorry about that, Pakled; hope I didn't cause you any embarrassment.
I think that the fetish that most disgusted me was something called scat.  I'd prefer not to elaborate beyond that.
Hoadley

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 4:49 AM

:rolleyes:

My FreeStuff

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 6:35 AM

All fetisches are perfectly OK with me - as long as all people involved are into it voluntarily.

No matter how 'odd' the behaviour may seem to others, it means something to someone and therefore I respect it.

So, none of that "How can ANYONE like xxxxxx? Eeeew" nonsense please.

Mostly I am fascinated by the fact that SO many people - including many in the Poser community - feel such a strong need to spread their opinion to influence others, as though they know right and anyone who is different to them doesn't have a clue and is only worthy of derision.

Come on people, get tolerant already. We're in the 21st Century now.

I'm talking to the ones who say "HOW could anyone xxxxx", not to everyone in here in general of course.

Of course I'm wasting my breath, but I guess that's my fetisch ;o)

:] Fish (no I'm not a fish fetischist, lool)

PS - Someone here thought using Poser for making porn was strange behaviour - i really hope that was irony, lol! Hilarious!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 8:39 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2006 at 8:43 AM

Attached Link: History of Porn

> Quote - PS - Someone here thought using Poser for making porn was strange behaviour - i really hope that was irony, lol! Hilarious!/quote] > Not only is it NOT strange, but it follows a well established tradition.  Animated porn, has among other things, involved some to the best jewellers and clockmakers of the past three hundred years.  Poser only adds a new twist to the whole affair. > David P. Hoadley > > P.S.  I still think manure is disgusting for all but agricultural purposes.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 9:43 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2006 at 9:50 AM

Well, my motto is:
You can't argue with taste!
I guess sometimes you must apply that literally ;-)

No, no one should feel bad if no one gets hurt... I find the polymorphus perversity of people interesting and maybe in some certain way humaine. When people have something particularly complicated I always find it kind of comforting when they can find someone who actually wants to go along with it.

I wonder if there is a catagorical difference between people who like to see women eating pie, or images thereof, and people who can not be "gratified" without the cooperation of a woman eating pie.

As a cultural historian I have had to write concerning such issues as shoe fetishism and the fetishism of industrial materials (rubber, PVC, Lycra) and this always leads me to contemplate what must have been the resort of the Paleolithic fetishists...  "honey, what would you think of wearing this skunk pelt tonight once the kids are a sleep?" or maybe the more conventional, "honey, what would you think of wearing this honey tonight?"

What is a Monster OT thread without a post count!

I did really want to hear about fetishes witnessed in Poser... but oh well.
At least we all know what not to send dp in the mail for Chanukah next year!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:06 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:08 AM

Actually, my birthday's in July, which is sooner.  I don't mind gifts of ANY kind, just so long as they're not brown and smelly, or yellow, wet & smelly!  I've cleaned far TOO many IDF latrines to be fascinated by anything of that sort, especially when Israel's public facilities used to be the 'Stoopy' kind.
May you all enjoy a pleasant and dulcetly fragrant Passover.
David P.Hoadley

Poser Porn: read my posted link above, there's also a section on CG Porn. interesting stuff.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:38 AM

Hmm.  I agree with FishNose.  It didn't occur to me that a discussion like this might seem to be critical toward the topic of discussion.  But I guess "weird" is sort of a value judgement.  I am fascinated by the whole matter, personally.

Although I might go "ewww" when confronted with gore, snuff, vore, coprophilia and/or coprophagia related fetishes....

So maybe I should rescind that first paragraph.  Hmm.

An immense "thank you" for the "Mary Sue" info.  I don't get to Wikipedia often enough.  What a great place.  Looking up Furries and ABDL was interesting.

Here's a question: does anyone have any idea what may be the most prevalent fetsh?  Or which might be the oldest documented fetish?  Maybe I should check the "history of porn" link, above?

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 10:47 AM

Quote - **An immense "thank you" for the "Mary Sue" info.  I don't get to Wikipedia often enough.  What a great place.  Looking up Furries and ABDL was interesting.**Here's a question: does anyone have any idea what may be the most prevalent fetsh?  Or which might be the oldest documented fetish?  Maybe I should check the "history of porn" link, above?

Ditto. Ditto.

Cage... you bring up a certain issue... what fetish isn't a weird fetish ;-)

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 11:42 AM · edited Mon, 17 April 2006 at 11:54 AM

Attached Link: Lady Chatterley's Lover

### From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Lady Chatterley's Lover

'In chapter 15 there is a passage in which Mellors approaches Lady Chatterley from behind "and short and sharp, he took her, short and sharp and finished, like an animal." Even the normally explicit Lawrence does not spell out whether this was vaginal or anal sex, but some events and language in the scene that follows suggest the latter. At the time, even the mention of anal sex was so highly taboo that the very existence of the practice was unknown to many people. There is no way to know how the prosecution interpreted that passage, and or whether the outcome might have been different had Lawrence been explicit.'

I believe Cage, that this basically answers your question on both accounts: "What is the Oldest and most widespread fetish?"
P.S. There's also the scene of the two doing the deed out in the open on the forest floor, so sex in public places must also count as an age old fetish.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:21 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

dp, I thiink that text is too explicet for the forum :(

As for the practice, I have seen these acts depicted in reference toa variety of assortments of male and female figures on ancient greek vases. I believe there is allusion to it in the bible. I have no doubt at all that it is not true the very existence of the practice was unknown to many people then or in the Paleolithic... some people may profess not to know what they infact know very well.

For homosexual use of the practice in the 18th c. see:

http://www.infopt.demon.co.uk/eighteen.htm

Also one of my favorite books in social history is at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0854491880/102-2324613-9036149?v=glance&n=283155

But I think maybe this thread has run its course. I was hoping the discussion would be merely allusive and referance weird kinks seen in Poser. In fact I have no idea why I started the thread... it is just that the dialog represented in the first post was so curious and the image of those tiny Poser 1.0 dudes with giant photo-ladies was so haunting. One thing haunting about it was that it was PG-13 as opposed to even R-rated as I recall.

Sorry :(

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:26 PM · edited Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:26 PM

Now that I think of it, that practice hardly in most cases meets the criteria of being a fetish:

An object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression.

I suppose we must add an "act" in the case of the inflation thing.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 4:40 PM

As for actual kinks in Poser, I've see a few over at 'rotica & Raunchy Minds; but an awful lot of these involved forced sex, sadism, and torture -none of which I particularly care for.  I saw one particular one that's stayed in my mind involving a pregnant woman with an enormously bloated stomach (here's a variation of teh inflation theme) about to be suspended over apool of water in preparation to giving birth (possibly an Alien offspring).
Others there seem to involve women being impregnated by alien creatures, some by means of mechanical devices and tentacles.
Then there's one consecutive series of pictures of a woman held bondage in a basement and forced to provide a husband a wife team with offspring, one after another.  It ends with a classic snuff film denouement.
All said, the nature of much of the 'art' there seems more of an acting out of frustration, rather than titillation (pun possibly intended).
Momodot, is this the kind of discussion you were looking for?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.