Sun, Oct 6, 1:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: EUREEKA..!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 2:05 AM

Pretty cool

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 3:50 AM

Imckenzie, try the fall off graph on the magnet zone.

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 7:56 AM

beryld: Consider yourself painted pink, but I draw the line at calling people Silly. There is probably NOTHING new to all this... to those people who already knew about it. It was new to me, and obviously to a lot of people who have commented above. We are not all experts or professionals.. some of us are amateurs and hobbyists and use Poser for fun and share the little things that we discover along the way (even if everybody already knew about them). All I was trying to do was share something that I found that I hadn't seen before. In future I will keep my mouth shut.. for fear of being painted blue (I am already pink) and being called Silly.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:10 AM · edited Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:12 AM

ziggie, in future do exactly the same that you have done. there are people that cant enter the forum daily, so we can miss info that other members can give us in another moment. "What is new about this?" Well, beryld, for you not and Im glad of it. But as I can see, for me and a lot people this is a very unknown tip, and USEFUL a lot

zigg, thanks for sharing it :D

Message edited on: 06/15/2005 08:12

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

kawecki ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:10 AM

But there are many people that didn't knew it or never thought about including me!

Stupidity also evolves!

ziggie ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:33 AM

lmckenzie: I aggree... but find it very difficult to make straight edges for instance... because the mag zone is a spheroid. It would be nice if there were a way to magnetize ANY shape. I would like to see something where one object or body part could be given a negative value and another a positive value... similar to the way that MetaBlob systems work. Imagine having a chair or couch and being able to give it a negative value all over... then giving a whole figure a positive value. Wherever the figure came into contact with the couch it would deform it accordingly. Also.. if such were possible... those values could be adjusted... increased/decreased to alter the amount of the deformation. I am sure that it must be possible... somehow... someway... someday :-)

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:41 AM

Maybe Beryls'd came out a little more negative than they intended...? Well, magnets aren't new, nor is the idea of using them to simulate some kind of deformation/soft body dynamics. Someone (Duane Moody?) did a tutorial on using magnets to simulate fingers squeezing a breast (I love it when the examples are interesting). I'm sure the magnet guru Traveler must have covered something similar. New to me was the idea of having the magnet and zone parented to different objects. Had I known you could do that, I might have been able to get my can crushing thing to work a long time ago. Maybe the mag/zone idea isn't new either, probably not. Still, I read most of this forum most of the time and I don't recall seeing this exact method before. Apparently quite a few others haven't either. There was a thread on creating a wake for a landing craft a while back where magnets came up. Maybe it was in there but if it was,I didn't snap to it. What makes me wonder is that, while I seldom visit the galleries, I'v seen plenty of floating or sunken figures but few with realistic deformation from objects. I've seen even fewer with realistic deformation where one person is touching another (though that may be against the TOS somehow 'body may not be deformed except by contact with clothing of furniture'). Also, when something is well known, you usually see posts with people asking how to do it or create variations, I haven't seen those in this case. Indeed, I get the impression that this type of object deformation isn't something get's a lot of copy at all. Based on those factors I'd say that while technically it may not be new, it doesn't rank anywhere the level of attention given to magnets to fix clothing poke through or magnets to create face/body morphs. Magnets in general are underused and that is directly related to what was, IMO, a poorly implemented design. The whole three part magnet and getting all the parts in sync is simply too arcane and causes many people to give up on using the dang things if they ever try. "Lmckenzie, try the fall off graph on the magnet zone." I'll look at it. I didn't use it to alter the shape of the zone which is I think the object here. Can you change it into a square or a rectangle to match a deformer object? It occurs to me that perhaps the grouping tool might be useful here. Create a group on the object to deformed as close to the shape/size of the deformer object as possible and then have the magnet affect only that group.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 12:35 PM

ziggy... please continue the way you are. I for one find this information very interesting. Though some of this may have alredy been discussed in years past it's always good to get another point of view. As you can see from some of the other posts, it's getting others thinking of new approaches.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Rachel_R ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 1:24 PM

whether this is new or not, it's new to me. I have steared away from magnets because I don't understand them. This is the first time I am excited over the idea of learning how to use them.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 2:15 PM

I didn't mean to sound negative, I really was tring to see what was new, maybe something I missed. Late night posting and net service cutting out every couple of minutes makes for poor posts. Im not a professional, most of you seem to know more than I do. Ziggy, saying that you won't post about something anymore because of what someone else say's. Won't do anyone any good. The grouping tool combined with the falloff graph would be a good way to do things. Think of a park bench and how the slats would look with someone in a bathing suit. Then again, maybe not, what do I know. I'll go back into my corner now. I'm such a BAAAAD boy.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 3:35 PM

A bad boy? Hmmm. Here in the Poser Forum we have but one pushment for being a bad boy. A spanking! We'll have to put magnets on the end of a board-shaped rectangle and apply it repeatedly to your back side. And after Ziggie spanks you, he must spank me. Although I'd rather him designate Vicky or Posette or NEA or even Judy do it. And after the spankings, the... never mind.This is silly.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 1:32 AM

No harm, no foul. Move along. Don't you guys start spanking any monkeys in here though. I've never played with the falloff graph, magnets alone have been challenging enough. My impression was that it only controlled the "steepness" of the edge of the magnet effect. I'm sure I'm missing something that only experiment will clarify. I always thought that "painting" on the magnet effect, using color/shades to indicate the strength/falloff would be much easier. The grouping tool is a crude (very) way to simulate that. Ziggis just create fully magnetized versions of all the Poser figures or at least V2, V3, Posette, Dork, Mike, Aiko, and Maya Doll and put them in freestuff by next week. Also, please supply an assortment of settings to simulate deformation of various materials, foam rubber, down pillows, etc. Let's see, I think that will do for starters thanks :-) Oh, if you have time, do a plump rump being deformed by the spanking effect of various objects for Bobasaur.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 9:16 AM

[grin]

Rachel_R ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:16 PM

Does this mean Ziggie has left the thread and won't be doing a tutorial?

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:24 PM

Uh... wot..? Me...? No..! Trying to put sumfink together, but.. tuts are not my sort of thing.

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 3:04 PM

file_254955.jpg

Actually... I am trying to work out some morphs for Bobasaur...

Bobasaur ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 3:49 PM

[Bobasaur grins *really big, humming Peter Gabriel's song "Spank The Monkey!"] Oh wait a minute, that was "Shock The Monkey!"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:31 PM

Now that's a very good idea, Cheers Ziggie, hadn't thought of parenting the magzone to the figure...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 10:55 PM

Yes..please continue with this subject, Ziggy. Like many others..I knew about magnets..but knowing ABOUT them, and actually being able to USE them..thats different. Sometimes..you can hear so many explanations..and not 'get' it..then you hear/see one more explanation from a slightly diffrent viewpoinpt..and it suddenly 'clicks'.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 7:13 AM

Ooh, have you posted that cool exam table anywhere? Now see, once you start spanking the monkey, next you'll be beating the bishop, choking the chicken, whipping the lizard, flogging the dummy and creating mayhem, against various innocent animals and ecclesiastical figures. No good will come of it.

kobanion ( ) posted Mon, 05 December 2005 at 10:04 PM

Uh, ziggie: That image reminded me of that hoary old joke about tying on a 2 x 4. Please, don't make me explain it.

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2005 at 3:05 AM

Nice anyone resurrected this thread. I have tried to do this sometimes, and absolute failure. I've waiting for a Easy-tut-for-dummies but I see no news. So I ask: I have for example a primitive box and a hand. I want to deform the box with the hand. I create a magnet in the box or in the hand???? I parented it to what? How I get the magnet has the size and profile of the hand and not the elephant leg size? I tried Geep's tuts but magnets still are a mystery... or a uncontrolled force of Nature "The hardest part is adjusting all the mag zones" The impossible part, I think. And I cant make it work...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 06 December 2005 at 3:07 AM

Just unbookmarking this thread...

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 9:03 PM

Gadzooks! I've been looking for this thread, LOL   Never thought to search for "EUREEKA..!", silly me!

barrowlass ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 7:12 AM

bm

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 7:59 AM

oh yes! bookmarked

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 5:12 AM

Ditto

Silke

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 6:01 AM

Me too! Hi Ziggie! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 6:52 AM

Different methods for different circumstances. Speak, please.
[my bk]

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 10:35 AM

I'm interested in this too.

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 8:46 PM

Do tell I like to try different things out.....keeps it interesting! ;)

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2006 at 8:51 PM

Don't quit!!!! I want to know how!!

zarquen ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 9:21 AM

bookmarked too!!

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 1:57 PM

BMRKD

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 3:38 PM

Please do a tut so we can all get to grips with this, it should bring models to life. 8)

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2006 at 11:24 PM

So what is the word, are you going to share or sell or even continue to work on it? Enquiring minds want to know.   8^P

LadyElf ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 2:54 AM

I've been using Poser for a while now and I'm always looking for new tips and tricks ;)  Hope we find this out :)

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 6:49 AM

I sent Ziggie an email with the link to this thread.  I apologize but it's an old thread that I bumped up so he probably hasn't looked at it in awhile.

To my knowledge he provided instructions via pictures on earlier in this thread. However you have to be familiar with magnets to understand it.

Dr. Geep has a tutorial on magnets at his site.

Hopefully Ziggie will check in soon though.

ju8nkm9l ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 11:09 AM

Just Bookmarking this thread.

I wish there was a way I could bookmark a thread without having to post a message.  That way the thread isn't cluttered up with posts such as mine :)

Arien ( ) posted Thu, 31 August 2006 at 11:13 AM

Quote - Just Bookmarking this thread. I wish there was a way I could bookmark a thread without having to post a message.  That way the thread isn't cluttered up with posts such as mine :)

That's what the "subscribe" link at the bottom of the post is for. :)

My store

sandmarine ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 5:57 AM

so nothing happened about a tutorial after august 2 years ago??

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 6:17 AM

I miss Ziggie. I haven't heard from him in yonks or seen him post. I suspect he's just lost in the Sims or some other game. Everyone misses him around here. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

EdW ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2008 at 8:09 AM

Quote - so nothing happened about a tutorial after august 2 years ago??

Just create some magnets and deform the area you want deformed... then parent the mag zones to the body parts of the figure that need to deform the prop. You need to adjust the size of the mag zones.

When the body part is not close to the object it will not be deformed. The mesh you are deforming must be dense enough for it to deform in a decent manner.

Ed

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 8:20 AM

I just need to bookmark this so I can read it when less tired.

Thromm_BM

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 10:39 AM

Bookmark

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 8:29 AM

Great going Ziggy.
Good to see someone thinking outside the box and trying new things. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

shante ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:39 PM

Me thinks this and other linked threads/posts are dead. No magnet threads work. The nice fluffy msttress DL link no work.

Yep, dis thread is dead.

I wish there was a way to remove dead threads so we the needy and bandwidth deprived don't waste time and hopes to browse incomplete or dead threads. :(

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:44 PM

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:48 PM

Quote - Here's the link to Dr. Geep's Magnet tutorial... -jjsemp  http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1646678

Here is an updated link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=1646678

And a direct link to Dr. Geep's site.

http://www.drgeep.com/

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:51 PM · edited Sat, 23 July 2011 at 12:53 PM

Quote - Me thinks this and other linked threads/posts are dead. No magnet threads work. The nice fluffy msttress DL link no work.

Yep, dis thread is dead.

I wish there was a way to remove dead threads so we the needy and bandwidth deprived don't waste time and hopes to browse incomplete or dead threads. :(

This thread isn't dead. The information is very relavent.  However, occasionally sites undergo server moves which ends up breaking the link.  All that is needed is to search out the new link, or more simply to attach the numbers from the end of the old link to the basic address text of the newer links. I've updated the links in this thread in the posts immediately above.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpr/showthread.php?thread_id=**thread_#_here **

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.