Sat, Sep 21, 9:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 6 is available for download!

krimpr ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 5:43 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:07 AM

Not kidding you guys. Preorder and special pricing is now posted on their site. Get it while it's hot!

bucket417 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:19 PM

I placed my order for my free upgrade but still waiting for them to validate to allow me to download..

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:25 PM

I too, placed my order, but am having problems with the download of the extracd link.

Is anyone having this problem?

dvdcdr ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:51 PM · edited Wed, 01 November 2006 at 6:51 PM

I also am entitled to a free upgrade.   By chance, do any of you guys know how this works out, because I need to know some stuff before I go and get it.

Do I have to use it now, or could I wait until the final release?

And if we do get the pre release version, could we get the final version later for free?

ariannah ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:25 PM

Another person entitled to a free upgrade who'd love to know whether we should download now or wait for the final release?  I don't want to muck this up.  I have far too many duckets invested in this.

I can't seem to find out anything certain about this pre-release scenario.  Anyone know? Bueller?

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

ariannah ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:29 PM

slaps self with a wet mackeral

I just saw this part of the newsletter release:
" Of course, you can update to the Full Release version when it's available."

So it looks like you can get the final release when it's ready.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

bucket417 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:29 PM · edited Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:33 PM

It was posted on the e-on forums that if you download the pre-release, you will in fact get the final version when it is available, for free.

megalodon ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

Yes...  but it will ONLY be the download version - no manual or CD's. For that you would have to wait and buy the boxed version.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

Anyone notice the $149 price tag on that V6I special version of Matchmover 4HD.....?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:52 PM · edited Wed, 01 November 2006 at 7:53 PM

If you get the download version for $179 there will be an additional fee of $50 for a manual & empty box LOL....CD's will NOT be included.

Sbell is replying over at EON now - best to go there & read up :)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 9:29 PM

I'm having a problem downloading the extra CD too.  I posted a message to tech support.  Bet they are swampped right now.  The e-mail gives a link good for 5 days.  Hopefully it will get corrected before then. 

Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 9:29 PM

I can't download the CDextras.zip and it says I only have 24 hours. Too many redirects occurred trying to open https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/Log/BrokenLinks/log.phpryFilesOnly/579T22L6C78MJ4C5P32NS4868V5S7E/ExtrasCD.zip. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page. That's the message I get from my browser when I try it. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 9:58 PM

I see I am not alone.

My next problem is making my Veg files work.  The orange tree doesn't work and the pine tree causes an instant crash.  I also have a probelm with the wind direction arrow for plants not following the plants when moved, but that may be a problem. 

martindj ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:19 AM

I can't load the ExtrasCD.zip either.

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:38 AM

I'm also interested in purchasing, just a few questions: - This downloadable version is complete with sample scenes, preset and .pdf manual (like the cd1 & 2 of vue5 infinite). - It include both 32bit and 64bit version ? - The upgrade to the final release will be downloadable and free ? Thanks for any clarification. Mario

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:56 AM

I think the extras CD is empty for now.  It will be released with content at a later date.

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:00 AM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:02 AM

file_358270.jpg

Vue 6 Inf is great.  The spectral clouds are awesome.  Here is a pic of a poser character posed in vue with a painted ecosystem of lush grass with spectral clouds.  The program is awesome.  I haven't even touched the surface of its power.

pacman323 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:26 AM

hello

i would like to know if anyone can tell me what is the difference between nodelocked & floating version of V6I???

did after we download the pre release version are we going to have the final release with more stuff???

thx to answer me

Manu

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:30 AM

with the free upgrade. did it say serial number might not be good or something? I thought something bad was happening. I was lamost ready to cry! LOL. so does it say that on all the free upgrades? 

Grayhem ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 3:56 AM

If we buy the pre release now, is it definite that when the full version comes out, we won't be sent the manual, CDs, box etc ?

What is the reason for this?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:10 AM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:13 AM

Pre-release buyers get to use the software now and buy the manual later probably.  While later buyers pay more for the boxed version with the manual.

I'll wait until their servers aren't so busy before buying V6I and see what people are saying about the manual and content CD for pre-release buyers.

A lot of wheels will be getting grease today.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 6:59 AM

Can't even get to the order page, and it's 4:50a.m. here on the USA west coast. I would expect it wouldn't be so busy this early.

(hmm...I wonder if the severs are in Beaverton with e-on USA or in Paris with e-on Europe?)

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Trelawney ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:39 AM

Steve Bell has been answering all of the pre-release vs final & boxed set / CD queries on the E-On forums.

There's a lot of duplicate questions and answers as everyone is clearly excited - and I think the tide of orders must be keeping their servers busy.

You'd be suprised the number of people who are staying up through different time zones to try and get their orders & download in, but as with traffic congestion will probably  ease after rush-hour/day! :)

Daniel1705 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 8:17 AM

Ah well, that has nothing to do with staying up - here in Germany it's 3:12 PM right now and when E-on sent the newsletter it was November 2nd, 2 AM. So I guess all us Europeans are trying to get our hands on the download of Vue 6 while Americans or other countries are still at work or have not even woke up yet and vice versa :tongue2:

By the way, what a great day. I just received my new Dell Computer with 2 GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo 6400. And If I think about starting Vue 6 later this day as soon as the download is complete I'm really struggling not to drool any more than I already do 🤤

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 8:53 AM

They must be swamped now. You can't get to their forums, and you can't get even to the buy page!

I think someone should have bought a little more bandwidth for today... LOL!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:27 AM

Garee, thanks for posting that.  I thought it was my ISP or something when I couldn't even get to e-on's page to check on my free upgrade's validation status.  When I noticed I could surf elsewhere, I suspected there was a problem.

I guess e-on didn't realize just how excited everyone would be to hit their servers, eh? ;-]

still waiting to download

I hope the serial problem for the free upgrade folks gets fixed soon.
After waiting this long, it will be immensly frustrating to get V6I DL'ed and not be able to play. sniff

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:33 AM

Did someone know the file size of the ExtrasCD? My file is 368.8 MB big; but is corrupt after the download. No fun with 10KB/sec… I have DSL.  :blink:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:40 AM

Since ther forums are deadlocked, maybe someone over there will get a clue, and start posting information here instead of over there?

I'd suspect they probably can't get into their own forums either.

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:45 AM

Quote - Since ther forums are deadlocked, maybe someone over there will get a clue, and start posting information here instead of over there?

I'd suspect they probably can't get into their own forums either.

I agree, E-ON and Cornucopia forums are unreachable also from here...

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:52 AM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:00 AM

I just placed an order for my free upgrade but then got a notice that my credit card was declined. Went through all of the instructions on the website (pasting your order number for Vue 5I, etc). Has anyone else had this problem? I'm debating now whether or not to call and find out what's going on.

/edit

I just tried calling e-on; got nothing but a busy signal. Same thing must've happened to a bunch of people.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:01 AM

Sometimes credit card companies will decline a credit card transaction because the charge will show it is from France.  Call them and tell them the charge is OK.  Went through that last time for Vue 5...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:02 AM

And people thought that the Poser 6 release and the Hexagon 2 releases had online issues! LOL!

At least those servers didn't crash, and you could at least get through to EF and Daz.

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:05 AM

I've been debating whether or not to call myself so I can get my DL link since there should be no reason they need to verify payment.  My upgrade is free!

But I have a feeling their phone lines are just as swamped.  I hope e-on can get this together soon-like. It's frustrating to read those buying V6I now, are getting to their downloads where as those of us who purchased early & qualify for the free upgrade have to wait.  I'm not meaning to be rude, but it does feel like we are being penalized in some way.

On the flip side, I know DAZ went through a similar flooding of their servers during the Bryce 5.5 upgrades.  They definitely seemed to have learned from the situation as the DL's for Bryce 6 went off with hardly a hitch.  Perhaps e-on somewhat underestimated the response they would receive from folks eager to take V6I for a test drive?!

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:07 AM

Quote - Sometimes credit card companies will decline a credit card transaction because the charge will show it is from France.  Call them and tell them the charge is OK.  Went through that last time for Vue 5...

What I'm irritated about is that I shouldn't be charged at all, since I included the order number from my previous purchase of Vue 5, I should've gotten an email for a download link for Vue 6. Since I purchased my copy of Vue 5 between July 1 and October 30th, I'm qualified for the free upgrade.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:08 AM

I know I was mildly interested because of the initial pricing announcements, but with the prerelease pricing, I'll byte.

Trelawney ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:08 AM

I expect that so many people are trying to get onto the e-on servers that there is a complete Jam right now, so asking more of E-On elsewhere may not be the best solution - they just need time and space to get everything up and running again.

Many US customers were still up when the annoucement was made last night and started posting early and attempting to get the d/ls before most of Europe woke up - Our clocks have just back 1 hr last week too (UK), but some of us haven't been to bed for a couple of days too >9o)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:12 AM

I'm sure there are some support people who can literally do nothing at all right now, since the glut has to be handled by someone outside eon. (their server providers).

Rather then have them just sit on their hands, they could put one persn out there to just post that they are trying to resolve the situation.

Trelawney ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:22 AM

I think that's a fairly safe assumption to make that they are trying to resume service asap. I'm sure they will be suitably apologetic too, but I doubt very much they are just sitting on their hands doing nothing, unless you know this to be the case? Deep breath... and relax... >9o)

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:27 AM

So frustrating, site still down, guess a couple more days isn't going to hurt :-0

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:27 AM

Well I managed to get into their forums long enough to post about waiting for validation on my zero payment now that it's been over 12 hours.  I saw that I wasn't alone in my wait either.  Hopefully someone from e-on will see my post.  I can't get back in to even see if there's been a reply yet.

Patience young Padawan. ;-]
breathes in........breathes out.....

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:28 AM

No, but I remember when some of the other places went down, many of th epeople there could literally do nothing at all, beause they rely on the internet formost of thier work.

Since they couldn't access customer databases, thier hands were tied.

Eon's problem right now is their service provider.. they jus don;t have near enough bandwidth to support the number of hits they are gettings, and this really should have been anticpated.

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:30 AM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:30 AM

Gareee, I agree and hopefully they'll take the necessary steps to correct this problem when the final release is available.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:44 AM

Let's hope so! LOL!

I keep getting partial page uploads on eon's server.. I actually got to the product price list, but couldn't use the quick buy option at all.

Course after this, I'll have the long download time as well. LOL!

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 10:58 AM

So near and yet so far! I managed to get through the store purchase, my info, my Vue 5 serial number, but "buy now" just does NOT want to take my money!

The Pain... the Pain....

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:27 AM

Not sure what I should do. I finally go to the make patyment page, entered my CC info, but haven;t gotten the response back that it's been acepted yet. The page looks like it's still waiting for the secure servers response.

I can't use "back" because I don;t want to pay twice, and it's been stuck now for about 5 or 6 minutes.

Ideas?

hclbaumbach ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:13 PM

Quote - Anyone notice the $149 price tag on that V6I special version of Matchmover 4HD.....?

You betcha! I've got a question in to E-on about this: what is the difference between this version and the "full" version available directly from Realviz? I'm guessing the Vue-bundle version only exports to Vue, while the "full" version exports to lots of other apps. Chris

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 12:56 PM

A quick question for all those who have ordered the pre-release version: the price quoted for upgrades is $179 if you owned V4Pro and V5I, or $249 if you only have V5I.

Now, for those ordering from Europe, is the exchange rate correct ($179 should be about 94UKP or 140Euro) or have e-on done what they did with V5 and upped the exchange rate so that those of us outside the US paid a surcharge?

Steve

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:10 PM

E-on have now 'closed' the online store due to the volume of attempted purchases. At least this seems to have freed up site access to things like the forums. I guess I am going to have to wait a few days :-(

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:11 PM

This message is now on the e-on forums

"Wow! We had anticipated a flood of visits, but not this tsunami! Despite multiplying by 5 our server power in preparation of the pre-release, our servers are currently completely saturated with connections. We are doing our very best to resolve this situation, but the level of traffic is simply daunting...

Some people seem to think that if their first 25 orders of the free upgrade were not accepted, maybe the 26th will be. That's not going to happen, but it's killing our servers a little more each time... Please help us by not placing multiple orders of the free upgrade.

Thank you for your kind understanding and patience while we resolve this situation. Everybody will get his product. Thank you.

Best regards. "

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:36 PM

I managed to get on their forums and saw someone had posted they had finally gotten through to e-on on the phone after 1.5 hours.  The e-on rep explained how swamped they've been and to try calling back in a few days.  A few days?!!!  Yikes.  I hope e-on will at least continue to process the orders that have been placed?

norm1153 ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 1:37 PM

ArdathkSheyna  If you're talking about Cornucopia3D's site, I have never successfully placed an order without help from a support person for exactly the same reason - credit card declined.  However, if you check your credit card/bank online, you may well find that a charge was in fact successfully placed.  It will fall off the card after a few days, though, if you don't follow through.

I've tried from several browsers and several locations, always with the same problem, so now it's scared me. I'd like to get Skinvue6, though, when it becomes available.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.