Sat, Sep 21, 11:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 6 is available for download!

smallspace ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 3:48 PM

Well, the site is back to normal, but this message explains why:

"Due to the massive number of people trying to place orders, we are forced to close the store temporarily. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding"

There's a commercial here in the US that starts out, "When sucess comes, will you be ready for it?"

Evidently E-on is not...

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:15 PM

"There's a commercial here in the US that starts out, "When sucess comes, will you be ready for it?"

Evidently E-on is not..."

LOL! GREAT analogy!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 4:36 PM

I'll wait -- because now I'll have to. 😉

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 5:42 PM

30 minutes after I got their newsletter in my email, their web site started slowing down.  I was just browsing the Vue 6 features.  So if their own web site was crawling, of course their store server would be down hard (because of everyone trying to download at once).  This happened with online store servers for Eovia, e-Frontier, DAZ, E-on in the past, Curious Labs.  It takes a week for things to calm down and cutomers can do business normally.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 6:13 PM

Mazak, I too downloaded the extrasCD which is a huge file and because everyone was downloading and I have DSL, it took all night, and like you I found the file was corrupt! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 6:58 PM

Well, looks like I made some progress.. I can now see the purchase on my account page, but the invoice isn't ready, nor the download yet.

Should I get an email confirmation from them once they process it? Anyone know?

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 6:58 PM

I started my download around 1:30pm.  After about an hour, it stopped.  I reactivated the download at 2:20pm and it's about 25% done with the V6I application.  At this rate, I might have everything downloaded by tomorrow night.  I hope I don't get the corrupt file after umpteen hours that many are reporting like esther above.  I'm trying to be understanding but this is not making the best impression on a new Vue user.

I haven't seen anything at e-on's forums from e-on addressing this problem or any offers to fix this.  Has anyone else?
What happens when our 5 days are up if we haven't been able to get a successful download?

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:02 PM

Quote - Should I get an email confirmation from them once they process it? Anyone know?

Gareee, I can only speak as a free upgrade purchaser.  I finally did receive an email telling my validation had gone through with a DL link and then a separate email with my V6I serial #.  I don't know if it's different for those who are purchasing at this time since my V5I qualified me for the upgrade and was purchased a few months ago.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:04 PM

Yes, Garee, you should get an email Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dhulse ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:24 PM

Is the downloader for the main V6I application allow for "resuming"? I couple of times now it has stopped because of a server disconnect. I'm wondering if it will pick up where it left off, or if there's a danger the file can get corrupted (not another day to download...!!!).

Thanks.

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:31 PM

I'm on a Mac so don't know if it's different for PC users.  But on mine, there was no option to resume the download.  When I had to restart, it began all over again.

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 7:55 PM

Yanno.....I may have been wrong.  Even though my download appeared to be back at the beginning (meaning the progress bar), it did say it was downloading 2/2 when before it said 1/2.  So it's hard to tell since my progress bar went back to the beginning.  Weirdness.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 8:14 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 8:16 PM

Cool. Thanks, gals! Now I guess I just sit in the wait cue with everyone else.

Oh! Does anyone know once I get the download link, if I can/should use getright?

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 8:52 PM

oh good grief... is the e on server tied in with the cornucopia store? the forums THERE are gone too...I did not know the beta or whatever of vue 6 was being presold...and I am afraid to actually try and put through my order at the cornucopia store...so better just wait...

special price for what, I heard beta elsewhere, seems content is not ready...so we loose out on some special pricing because we don't want half a product? confused

I just wanted Linda's new Lush stuff....and to find out if the Sequoia is SOLID GROWTH or what...beautiful tree but won't buy it if xfrog.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

dvdcdr ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:12 PM

Wait, can you get your free upgrade to Vue 6 Pro Studio, or is it only to Infinite and XTream?

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 9:39 PM

I'm now on my 3rd download attempt.  Download try #2 stalled.  I restarted the download application, told it to save to the same place I used before and yup - it started from scratch.  This is so beyond frustrating.  I have DSL for crikey's sake.

Time for some more deep breaths methinks.......

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:06 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:07 PM

I just purchased the upgrade from Vue5 Infinite and payment process via credit card went fine, I'm now downloading at slow speed ~15Kb/sec the main file using the E-ON downloader. I got the ExtrasCD.zip 2.8mb with only the caustics matt.vue file inside, a very tiny extras! Anyway I'm sure more will come in next days.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:24 PM

Wonder why yours went through immediately, amd I'm still waiting?

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:38 PM · edited Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:40 PM

Quote - Wonder why yours went through immediately, amd I'm still waiting?

No idea, I believe it's due to credit card type, issuer and time of purchase, I read on Vue forum that most tansaction are handled automatically bur certain must be hand processed, in this case it take longer. I found Vue support fairly responsive (18h)in answering my pre-purchase question. The download is proceeding terribly slow, 3% at ~10kB/sec.

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:49 PM

Lyne, I have the Sequoia trees and yes they are indeed SolidGrowth.  Great stuff I might add.  Linda's Lush Plants are the best veg out there IMHO.  I've been using the lush grasses and undergrowth - they are superb!

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 02 November 2006 at 11:54 PM

OH THANK YOU!!! Those Sequoia trees will go right INTO my cart (for when the site calms down) along with my two new LUSH sets... oh I agree...Linda's Lush stuff is just THE BEST! :))

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

sittingblue ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 1:17 AM

Well, I'm monitoring my Vue6i download. It's been six hours and it's 50% of part 1 on my upgraded DSL account. I checked the network connection. There's more data going out than in! That is bizarre.

I can't believe they haven't created a downloader that can restart a download. There's are no options on the download dialog window on my PC version.

Charles

war2 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 1:30 AM

mm i 2 just love lindas lush stuff :)

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:35 AM

Got my emails! Yay!

And they supposedly have a new server, with 5 day download limit.

Of course, you can't even connect to the server, so I still can't even begin my slow download journey yet.

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:39 AM

Quote - Got my emails! Yay!

And they supposedly have a new server, with 5 day download limit.

Of course, you can't even connect to the server, so I still can't even begin my slow download journey yet.

I'm happy for you and I'm also happy for the late E-ON attempt to fix the download problem.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:46 AM

Me too.. though since they know the bandwidth load, it woulda been nice to add a server that could handle it.. LOL!

tbird10 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:56 AM

I was able to purchase V6I this afternoon, but downloading it at the moment appears to be pointless. The downloader starts, but there isn't any data coming through. I wonder what will happen if things don't improve within 5 days and people are unable to download the file they've just paid for :-(

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:01 AM

I think the problem will worsen before it gets better.. those people who couldn't acces the website yesterday will over the weekend, and add to the already huge number of people trying to download it.

And those "playing the waiting game" will finally log on, and buy it as well, adding more burdens on the current servers.

Normally, I don't recommend things like Modo's bittorrent scheme, but since other protections are in place, I'm wondering if that's the onl thing that would fix this situation.

This also makes me wonder about the upcoming Poser 7 release as well.. will we see the same thing in a few weeks repeated?

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 8:16 AM

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the rotten timing.

As soon as I hit the "Submit Payment" button, I got to the screen that said, "Processing transaction...Please wait until processing is complete. Do not press back or resubmit this page or your credit card may be charged twice. If you cannot get past this screen, please call one of our sales representatives at 866 3414 EON."

Then a bunch of personal information scrolled across the screen, and finally:

"Server shutdown in progress"

I don't even know if my credit card went through and I can't get a hold of anybody!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:25 AM

Check your account status.. if the transaction went through, you'll see it listed there. If the receipt isn't available yet, they'll have to go through it by hand.

If you don't see it listed, it wasn't completed.

Even once you do get it accepted, the servers (even the new ones they added today) are even responding to downloads, so there's really no rush at all.

I'm hoping that maybe by sunday the downloads might start working.

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:42 AM

How the serial number is delivered ? Via email or via the user page in the e-ON web site ?
My order is "shipped" but no s/n received at the moment...

I read lot's of  complain about corrupted downloaded files, I will be grateful if some user with successfully download could post md5 hashes of the install files, thanking in advance!

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:44 AM

They email you the links and serial number, in a seperate email.

I got thrre in a row.. one confirming the purchase, one with the links (the extras cd is downloading now, with 26 hour to complete!), and a last email with the serial number

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:45 AM

Ops... I found the needed s/n in the printable invoice...

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:53 AM

file_358413.jpg

Here's something I did when we were all waiting for Poser 6 to download (similar situation).

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 10:46 AM

Quote - They email you the links and serial number, in a seperate email.

I got thrre in a row.. one confirming the purchase, one with the links (the extras cd is downloading now, with 26 hour to complete!), and a last email with the serial number

Thanks now I've the needed S/N.

26h to complete the ExtrasCD ? Again it's a total confusion, my ExtraCD contain only one file and is about 10mb unzipped, I read that other user have a much larger file (over 300mb).

Any large file successful downloader here just to explain what's inside ?

EA ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 11:00 AM

SpaceGfx,

you bought Vue 6 infinite or Vue6 X-stream. because I bought the X-stream version and, as you, I noted that extra CD contains only one file zip of 2.8 KB => 10.9 mb unzipped.

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 11:57 AM

I got my downloader and serial number, but it stayed at 0% for over 6 hours? is this happening to other people? grrrr

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 5:07 PM · edited Fri, 03 November 2006 at 5:21 PM

Quote - ArdathkSheyna  If you're talking about Cornucopia3D's site, I have never successfully placed an order without help from a support person for exactly the same reason - credit card declined.  However, if you check your credit card/bank online, you may well find that a charge was in fact successfully placed.  It will fall off the card after a few days, though, if you don't follow through.

I've tried from several browsers and several locations, always with the same problem, so now it's scared me. I'd like to get Skinvue6, though, when it becomes available.

This is E-On's main site and I've never had problems ordering from them. And it turns out it was something that I did wrong. Anway, I've got my confirmation and download links and now it's just waiting for it to finish downloading (it's been going since about 2pm central and it's about half-way through the second file.

Quote - I got my downloader and serial number, but it stayed at 0% for over 6 hours? is this happening to other people? grrrr

Yep, it's happening to everyone. The servers are just that busy, I guess.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 5:55 PM

They must have fixed something.. try again. I just started downloading 15 minutes ago, and already have more then 50% of the 1st part, and the extra cd!

At this rate, I'll be cooking with gas within an hour.

gothicwriter72 ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 6:16 PM

yay, I have mine downloaded. BUT I tried to put the serial number in and it won't take the   "o" key. 

Has this happend to anyone yet? I can't even get the serial number in because of that. 

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 6:19 PM

cut and paste the serial number from th email. use the windows cut n paste shortcut keys.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 6:41 PM

I want a boxed version with a book anyway.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 6:52 PM

I got it; got it installed. Now, I'm playing around with it. Problem is, though, I have to study (for school) so won't be able to really say just how much of an improvement it is over Vue 5. The one thing that noticed right away though is that interface is slightly different from V5. It's black instead of V5's silver and I haven't tried importing anything from Poser just yet. And speaking of, I almost have to wonder if there will be any problems with support for Poser 7 when it comes out.

It took three/four hours to download and then there were some problems getting the serial number to work. The Vue 6 installer didn't want to take the serial number, or rather, it wouldn't accept the letters A,E,I,O or U. So, if anyone has that problem, what you'll have to do is copy and paste the entire serial number from your email (including that VUE6INF-part) into the first box and it'll fill in all of the other boxes automatically.

Hopefully, someone who has more time to spend will have a little more indepth review of Vue 6 and what it can do.

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 7:12 PM

After backing up the installer and extra cd on a dvdr, I'm installing now.. OOOO the excitement!

Tip 'o Da hat to Eon, for responding quickly, and getting enough bandwidth space for us eager beavers!

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Fri, 03 November 2006 at 9:05 PM

Wow! It's 04:03am here, just restarted the transfer and I see a fabolous 230 kB/sec speed!

Abraham ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 4:34 AM

Hi everybody :)

It seems the link I was sent to get the Vue6xStream_Downloader.exe is broken :( Did that happen to anyone else ?

Thank for any info.

J-L

SpaceGfx ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 7:07 AM · edited Sat, 04 November 2006 at 7:15 AM

Transfer finished! About the ExtrasCD.zip, only a single file inside called "caustics matt.vue", could someone of you confirm ? I've read that some user got a ~300mb ExtrasCD... About the broken link, same thing here yesterday but I believe it's due to server overload, give more try at different hours. This early morning at 03:00am GMT I get very fast speed. An early standup from bed just to launch the transfer could be very useful!!! I confirm that the downloader is able to resume broken connections.

ArdathkSheyna ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 7:38 AM

Quote - Transfer finished! About the ExtrasCD.zip, only a single file inside called "caustics matt.vue", could someone of you confirm ? I've read that some user got a ~300mb ExtrasCD... About the broken link, same thing here yesterday but I believe it's due to server overload, give more try at different hours. This early morning at 03:00am GMT I get very fast speed. An early standup from bed just to launch the transfer could be very useful!!! I confirm that the downloader is able to resume broken connections.

You might want to try downloading ExtrasCD.zip again. The filesize should be around 300mb and the .zip file should contain somewhere around 726 files.

EA ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 7:56 AM

SpaceGfx, I contacted eon-software about the extra-CD: here is their answer:

We are having problems with that link once it is fixed you will sent a new down load link. thanks for your patients.

Best regards.”

Abraham ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 8:03 AM

Thank you for your answer SpaceGFX. I indeed tried more than once, but everytime I end with this : http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/Log/BrokenLinks/log.php?Location=/resources/TemporaryFilesOnly/XXXXXX/Vue6xStream_Downloader.exe

(I edited a part of the link for obvisou reasons :) )

I tried to contact them but as we are Saturday ... And as new customer, no access to their forum either (you need to have a product registered and since I can't register a software I can't downlod :P

Looks like I will send them an e-mail to cancel my order, probably the best thing to do I guess :)

J-L

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.