Fri, Oct 25, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Pets Portrait?

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 2:08 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 1:26 PM

file_358133.jpg

Hi Everyone, Well we dont celebrate Halloween downunder. So i thought that maybe we could share our pets portraits with you. I love my animals. Have four dogs,two cats and my two horses. Plus frogs and heaps cows and bulls. Here is my baby though. Benny . Who sleeps all night in bed with me and doesnt move the whole night. Great in winter to keep ones feet warm.lol. Love for you to share your pet with us. Chris

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 2:28 AM

file_358134.jpg

Awww cute doggy :P hehe yeah not sure if you'd count all the cows and bulls as pets LOL 😕  anyway geat idea! here's the one and only pet we have 😉

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

Zeldie ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 3:19 AM · edited Tue, 31 October 2006 at 3:24 AM

file_358135.jpg

Your doggy is really cute, and they're very clever I'm told!  Well, here's my most naughty pet.  He's a real tom cat.  His name is Cassie, he doesn't eat meat, he begs when I have any kind of fruit to share it with him, he's almost never at home and he's got an attitude like you won't believe!  But I love him ;0)

The sole purpose in life is serving humanity.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 3:53 AM

file_358137.jpg

Excellent thread Chris !!!

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 3:08 PM

Oh they all so cute. :)

aangus ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 3:53 PM

file_358158.jpg

Well Chris you have alot of pets, good idea for a thread.

I took this one last April. Fender is the one on the left, he belongs to  my brother in-law. The one on the right is not nearly as obedient. Although almost house trained now, is still much messier and much more expensive to keep!

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 4:04 PM

oh yes, very nice and beautiful dog !!!

mermaid ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 6:26 PM

file_358176.jpg

All very cute pets!.... here are some more parrots... our two hawkheaded parrots... as you can see they have nothing but nonsense in their mind... here they a cutting the roots of my orchids... lol

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 7:05 PM

file_358180.jpg

This is Sadie, whose spirit dwells peacefully and happily somewhere and somehow I do not comprehend.  This shot was taken as I remember not long after she had radioiodine treatment for thyroid problems.  The kitty did not want to eat during the 2 week quarantine and did lose weight...not a bad thing for her.  She lived a very happy and more active life than before the treatment for about another 1 1/2 years then her spirit left quietly and peacefully at home.

This is the genius cat in the family, able to consruct gemetric forms from the "balls of of an old chenille bedspread".  She formed perfect triangles, rectangles, etc., each to perfect measure. If not happy with the placement of the ball, she walked around then replace it.  Then the measure was to the mark on my measuring tape.  She was a loner, keeping to herself.  When other cats came in, she did not exhibit any special ability.  Only when alone or with only us did she do these things. She was very,very neat.          This is an old pic of her,  outdated Minolta Dimage F100 used for the shot.          TomD'Art.

P.S. four other cats are in the family now. Two remember sadie.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 9:48 PM

file_358192.jpg

This is the best friend I've ever had...besides my wife, that is.  Meet Jack...my loyal, protective, loving Golden Retriever.  I find him beautiful.  This was taken when he was three years old.  Click the image for a full view of his cute face.  Gee, can you tell I love him? :)

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 31 October 2006 at 9:54 PM · edited Tue, 31 October 2006 at 10:01 PM

file_358193.jpg

And one more of Jack, taken this Halloween evening...click again.  He's now seven, with grey upon his muzzle and brow, but he'll still tackle me in the yard to this day (I mean knock me down on my backside) and grin with his achievement.  He's 94 pounds of pure love.  Those are mommy's Halloween socks you see.  OK, now 'm getting cute to the point of revulsion :)  Hey, I love the guy!

Good thread, Chris!  And Happy Halloween to all!

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 4:28 PM

Wow i love how people love their animals so much. Tells people, they have such an open and caring heart. Sorry to hear about Sadie:(.  Amazing how peaceful these cats,dogs and birds are going on this page together:)
Chris:b_funny:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 8:03 PM

file_358245.jpg

Oooh, all these adorable critters. What a treat it is to see them when I finally muster the courage to take a peak in the photography forum! 

Meet my kitties, Bubba (gray, boy) and Tigger (black, girl). They're my babies :D

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 8:16 PM

Conniekat, very glad to meet you.  I have better cat photos on my gallery and I do love the critters shown here. Wow, Valou has a real loving assortment!   Your kitties are quite lovely...now, how about those personalities?  

Enjoly the forum and visit or stay a while.         TomDart.

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 01 November 2006 at 8:49 PM

The are adorable Connie. My eldest dog fleas my eldest cat. They adore one another. Nice to see different species have a special bond. And welcome to the forum and if you have any questions please dont hestitate to ask in her or instant message me.
Chris

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 04 November 2006 at 8:03 PM

file_358574.jpg

This is Bennie, a rescued male kitty..and the one in my Avatar. Today, I caught him sleeping on a chair and stuff.   This snapshot is of one fine kitty.        Tom.

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 1:14 AM

file_358595.jpg

Awww!!!! They are all so precious!!!! I might as well post two shots of my darlings then. First up is Eija....my little princess. Oh how i love this dog. 😄

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 1:17 AM

file_358596.jpg

...and then there´s Gizmo. An unusual cat that loves water and will jump into the tub with you unless you stop him. :rolleyes: He plays the piano...actually clinks away on it...and his utmost pleasure in life is to terrorize Eija as much as possible....which aint too hard seeing how my princess is terrified of that cat. :blink:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

southernamazon1957 ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 11:37 AM · edited Sun, 05 November 2006 at 11:38 AM

file_358642.jpg

This is our little Boogey! He is a peek-a-pom which is part pekingese and pomeranian. Our daughter has the mother and he is just so smart and adorable. We love him dearly...... Karen :)

st_fish ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:46 PM · edited Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:49 PM

file_358660.jpg

AWWW - everyones pets are SOOOO Gorgeous!!! I'm so glad about this thread, you can see how much everyone LOOVES their babies/princesses/etc... Thanks for this Chris! So here are my kitties in two uploads... first the brother: Espresso... he loves lying on his back like a doggy and then lets you scratch his tummy. So peculiar. I'll have to take a picture sometime to show you... I do love him... Est8;o)

st_fish ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:50 PM

file_358665.jpg

And then... the sister - all white totally deaf kitty called: Pingelig which means "fussy" in German... and boy is she fussy!! Wakes me up every single morning at 6-ish to give them food! But I do love her too! Est8;o)

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 2:53 PM

Awww!!! God you take the most amazing cat shots Esté. I simply can´t gush enough over them. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 05 November 2006 at 3:24 PM

I love the cat shots...seems like some love is in the air where these kitties live...for all who have posted kitties! Of course, the dogs have love, too.  And where there is snow...yes wet cold paws from daily needs to go outside.  

Nice selection of pets here!     Thanks all and thanks for this thread!.         Tom.

Maybe I will get another cat shot, 3 left to choose from..well, they do the chosing and posing.

LouLouBell ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 1:25 AM

file_359171.jpg

Nice pets everyone!!  This is my cat "Felicity" taken a few eeks ago in the late afternoon /setting sun.  Kittie Cats just rule (well they know theyre the boss anyway)!!

Dianthus ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 3:54 AM

What gorgeous cats Lou and Este. I have two cats. The oldest is best friend to my oldest dog Tiger. Who loves to flea the cat? lol So funny to watch him smooch the dog so the dog fleas him.
Have a lovely weekend everyone.
Chris

st_fish ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 1:34 PM

file_359210.jpg

Thanks Chris! I wanted to show you all how Spres lies on his back like a dog... :woot: so funny!!! :lol: -------------------- Est8;o) :tt2:

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:19 PM · edited Sat, 11 November 2006 at 4:21 PM

file_359242.jpg

This is Lizzie, our next to eldest kitty.  She is sleeping on my bed much of the day.       Tom

p.s.. I am working on portraits of all the cats and this is one experiment along the way to final "posing"; we all know how well cats pose!  This was a trial background and a bit of softer focus.

Dianthus ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 2:40 PM

Hi Este

That is so cute. My cat titty(male too) loves belly scratches. He is eight now. And he is the one that loves being fleaed by Tiger the dog.

Chris

natalieb ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 3:26 PM

file_359357.jpg

All these cats/dogs/birds are soooo adorable!!  I'm sure they all bring a lot of friendship!

Well I guess you've already seen my pets in the gallery... The first one is Jacko, my dog is called Bo (or Beau) and my other bird still has no name :laugh:. Jacko and Bo live at my parents house, but I visit them a couple of times a week.  We found Bo 8 years ago left behind in the fields when he was about 9 weeks old.

I love them very much, also my birds give me a lot of affection, what may seem weird...

Hope to see some more pets here, it's very pleasant to see them!

Hugs, Natalie

ReBorne ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 3:46 PM

Aw, some great pics........ I'd love to post a couple of pics of my cats Itty (black tom, very similar to Conniekat8's Tigger, and Pandora, a cute little girl born with no tail (as were all the females in the litter)........ unfortunately they're over in the US and I can't wait to see them again!

(",)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

Dianthus ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 3:58 PM

Oh that will be great Reborne. You holidaying at the moment?
Chris

ReBorne ( ) posted Sun, 12 November 2006 at 4:16 PM

I wish.... my babe is over there and I can't go back until I get a visa sorted out, so I'm stuck in England for a few months. boo hoo.
(",)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

babuci ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 12:20 AM · edited Mon, 13 November 2006 at 12:21 AM

file_359383.jpg

Hi guys and girls....what a great selection of cute little animals in all shapes and sizes!! They all so adorable! I could not put nothing new up from our familly, You guys already know my kitties and doggy ( Lilly and Muffey and Vincy)from my gallery...but  4 days ago happened to be " bumped into" a tiny little kitti....free for a good home. So we have her. Born 09 october 2006. Yes, just past  1 months old. Still missing mammy......miiiaaauuuing all day!...what drives my crazy but I love her!

seeyus  Tunde

ps: I belive she is ganna have a yellow eyes color...yeeppiiieee!

Dianthus ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 12:57 AM

file_359384.jpg

Oh congratulations Tunde and what a cutie. Got a red collar on already? Wear a bell. Both my cats had one but took collars off. One got claw caught in the bell when i was away one day. So i leave them off now. Okay here are all my babies together. Chris

GiveMe ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 8:43 PM

file_359467.jpg

This is my cute dog Cody.  Just a fun dog to have.

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:11 PM · edited Mon, 13 November 2006 at 9:12 PM

file_359469.jpg

I have one more kitty but this will be the last one unless I can get a decent picture of the last one.

This is our eldest kitty, Casey, a "maine coon" shelter kitty.  She doesn't jump much any more but is just as loving. Renal failure is a problem and diet and lots of water help.   She used to listen for nightcrawlers (large earthworms) and pull them from the soil!  She did not eat worms.  She did catch a few shrews.       She is a dear and loved a bunch.          Tom.

This pic was taken last year while changing bed clothes and she occupied the mattress.

Dianthus ( ) posted Mon, 13 November 2006 at 10:32 PM

Hey she cute Tom. How old is she now? Renal failure not good in humans and must be hard to treat in cats.
Hey Frank, i still think my Benny cutier.hehe. Cody got purple eyes in real life?
Chris

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 3:12 AM

ohhh Tom!! Casey is a most wonderfull looking lady! that deep thoughtful eyes. I hade a Maine coon cat called Babuci ( yes I am "wearing" his name). Wonderfull memories coming back from a little black box hidden deep in my heart ....Thank You Tom!!

Chris...You got quet a lot lovely companions! Wow! Thanks for a warning about a little bell!

seeya Tunde

Dianthus ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 4:16 AM

Thats okay Tunde. Also i had another cat a long time ago. His front leg got caught in his collar. I was away with my family. When i come back i could smell something and noticed he had leg caught in collar. The collar had started to eat into his leg. Lucky me a nurse and knew how to dress his wound. He recovered but i am careful about using collars on cats to save wildlife.
Have a great week mate:)

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:37 PM

Chris, we gave up on collars long ago.  We walk the cats in our "yard", brush and woods and moss.  Two males want to run too far and we have harnesses on them.  The ladies have learned the limits and do not go beyond certain trees.  Cats are really too active and rambumtious for collars it seems!

Renal failure in Casey's situation is lack of water intake.  She drinks a lot and likes the gravy in her  wet food more than the food.  We tried prescription diets but she would not eat it.  And with 4 cats all eating at the same time...difficult.  So, she eats and enjoys.  The problem down the road is dehydration but with a once a week instillation of water under the skin can help for a couple  of years.  It has not come to that yet.  Our prayer is that when she goes and her spirit is free and in a better place, it will be at home that it happens.  Then, her old body will join the 4 others beneath the hill behind out home.  She knew and was a friend of one, Sadie, pictured earlier in the thread.

Tunde, Casey is about 15 years old.  She has enjoyed a full life and we want her happy to enjoy what is left of it.  In human terms, she is an elderly lady.  Yet, she is still a lady, indeed. I do love this critter!                 Tom.

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 15 November 2006 at 12:42 AM

I love people with kind hearts. Can tell alot about that person.
Let her eat and do whatever she wants with the life that is she has left Tom. When i nursed we had this 83 year old male with COAD( chronic obstructive airway disease). He loved his smokes and they told him he had to stop smoking. I thought how stupid these people were to try and take something away from what he loves doing. He is 83. Amazing.
Chris

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.