Thu, Sep 19, 5:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: The Once-in-a-while custom prop challenge!

templargfx ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 10:37 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:21 PM

Hello good people of the poser universe!

Here is your chance to get a prop made for yourself!

for the next 24 hours I will take requests for any 3D prop you need!

at the end of the 24 hours I will choose 1 or 2 that really inspire me, and create the prop for you! free of charge.

Now here are the conditions :

This is a prop, no clothes requests sorry!
It can be pretty much anything, but if its too complicated (ie it would take me days to model it), the chances of it being selected are less.
The Prop will come un-textured but UV mapping will be in place (templar style LOL) and a template will be included.

How the selection will take place:

Basically the winning request(s) will have to inspire me! What inspires me? well you'll just have to find that out for yourself!

start requesting!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 10:45 PM · edited Sun, 07 January 2007 at 10:46 PM

I really really would like  a FUNERAL URN. The kind you put Uncle's ashes in to display on the fireplace mantle .
Please good sir :thumbupboth:

templargfx ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 11:24 PM

Any examples/photos? thats an easy object to create unless your thinking of something particularily intricate.

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 11:25 PM

Men's and womens cross- country skis and ski poles, please.

tom271 ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 11:38 PM

we should have a wishlist of model that are wanted....  a list where modelers can read and make some wishes come true......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

muralist ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2007 at 11:48 PM

Quote - we should have a wishlist of model that are wanted....  a list where modelers can read and make some wishes come true......

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product?  Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?  This is the place!
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12444

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:04 AM

thats what I plan to do, kindof.

the amount of models I create depends on the complexity. things like an urn and ski's above are relatively simple models to create. I could pump those out in a night.

I've decided to do this, because I like to model lo-res high detail stuff, but I'm out of ideas.

I worked on a mod for TES Oblivion called Myths and Legends, you may or may not have heard of it. anyway I created 14 weapons for this mod, and a whole lot of other bits and bobs, but I want to model other things than weapons LOL

keep em coming!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 5:34 AM

A slightly old-fashioned microscope, sort of first half of the 20th century. The sort of thing that might be used on an expedition to remote places.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:39 AM

time's more than up, i  see.  since not many have posted...

dress maker's dummy.  yes, i know theness made one, but i'd like another ;).

antique typewriter

rolls royce or antique hood ornament.

art deco gargoyle.

art deco just about anything architectual.

longhorn skull

sliced open nautilus shell

ostrich feather (dimensional, not transmapped plane)

stone cherub head (as seen on headstones and as architectural ornamentation).  no back, but more than a displacement map would be able to handle.

cooked turkey

dragon kite, or any kite with multiple parts and dimensions

rreynolds ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 12:59 PM

file_364870.jpg

An old fashioned staircase something like this.

Charles_V ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 1:30 PM

I'd like to see.........

a segway!   

or..........

What about....

a nifty sorta cyborg-ish gun arm to replace a figures lower arm, it could be like uber low-tech gritty non-retractable all in your face : ) 

Or I'd be happy to see a nifty looking above ground crypt : )   Something not to foreboding.

Just ideas : )  

puddykat ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 2:11 PM

I would also like a dressmakers dummy or even better an artist's lay figure or crash test dummy, it would not need to be a posable character .cr2 just the ball/joint body parts which I could parent appropriately.

Any kind of messy clutter would be apreciated; a rubish heap in the woods or a messy table or refuse on the floor? Poser renders are always too neat and clean I think. We have Poser bathrooms, kitchens, offices, but not bathroom counter, kitchen counter, or desktop clutter! 

Some bowls, vases, sculptures or other knick-nacks that might populate the shelves of an apartment as art?

Is it possible to make a simple low resolution static prop of electrical cord going to wall outlet to place to the side of that TV or whatever so it actually looks plugged-in?

Thanks

tekmonk ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 2:45 PM

Some of this stuff sounds quite interesting... so can other people contribute ? I'd love to do the cherub and a few other things (if templargfx doesn't mind of course)

Also, pix or links to everything you guys want done would really help...

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 3:38 PM

yay!

some cherub links:
http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/imagesLZ/Victorian/vict29475b.jpg
http://www.historicimpressions.com/ScotangelL.jpg
http://pmsa.cch.kcl.ac.uk/images/nrpBM/BMEE18.jpg - i don't like this one's face much, but it shows how it can be used in architecture
Gothic Gallery Store - several on the page

scott8539 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 3:46 PM

file_364880.jpg

i would really like to have this hair for a3

scott8539 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 3:48 PM

file_364881.jpg

and this ship.:)

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 4:13 PM

I'll try the early 20th century microsope.....   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 4:17 PM

I would like a simple greenhouse with glass windows and doors and the fans at either end. Benchs would be great but mainly the greenhouse and fans.
Thanks,
Marque

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 4:18 PM

LOL the SDF-1! theres robotech models out there already, in 3ds format. not the hair though.

theres still around 6 hours left in my challenge, so keep posting!

TEKMONK : Go right ahead, of course I dont mind, I cant accomodate everyone as much as I would like to, so the more the merrier!

there are some really nifty ideas here, some have really got me intreagued!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

scott8539 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 5:34 PM

i cant find any robotech models except for quake games.

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 6:11 PM

4 hours 27 minutes left

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 7:13 PM

a shopping trolley.... i think thats something i havent seen yet, and i would like to plop in a V4 scene.lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Realmling ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 7:22 PM

@scott8539

Grabbed the image there....been a little distracted with some projects elsewhere...but I'll try and get started on the hair here soon. Still can't promise it will be right away, but it will be worked on.

(hopefully...classes start up again next week, add to that a million things at work...and I'll be a screaming psycho in a few months...I just have to keep telling myself that going back to school was a good idea)

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 8:44 PM
ziggie ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:46 PM · edited Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:49 PM

**@ shedofjoy:

Quote - a shopping trolley.... i think thats something i havent seen yet, and i would like to plop in a V4 scene.lol

There are a couple of free shopping trolleys around... I think at the JP sites.

I don't know where exactly, but it might jog someone's memory.

Quote - and i would like to plop in a V4 scene.lol

Trekkiegggrl has a free dog plop at her site

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 10:03 PM

A cave. A VERY LARGE cave. Full of stalactites, stalagmites, columns, tunnel exits, gorges and so on, with a huge central area, big enough for several buildings. 500-1000 feet diameter, ceiling hundreds of feet high.
Would be extremely useful for the next couple of episodes of my story.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 10:08 PM

LOl to above, that sounds like a job for zbrush!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

cherokee69 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 10:12 PM

OK, here you go.....

Titanic's Grand Staircase...or any of the interiors of the ship.....

www.bobsliberace.com/vegas/vegasimage/titanic3.jpg

members.tripod.com/~titanic3/ships7.jpg

or a rail buggy..

thebuggyshop.50megs.com/completedturnkeys/images/bluebuggy1.jpg

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:01 PM

A bandoneon!  Copious links and pictures supplied upon acceptance/request.

templargfx ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:43 PM

OK, challenge is over, so for now, no more entries (at least none that I will consider to be fair to those who got in on time)

winning to be announced soon!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

tom271 ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 11:47 PM

file_364925.jpg

WIP1 @ AntoniaTiger :   I just wanted you to know I started your early 20th century microscope. here is a pic in grey of it...  

templargfx ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 12:11 AM

And the winners are :

SoCalRoberta - you get a Classic Funural Urn (base+lid+stand+plaque)
Muralist - Ski Gear (Ski's, Ski Poles)
  I Live in Australia,not much skiing around here, so Ill have to look into what is required.
PuddyKat - Electrical Cord plugged into outlet (I love this one!)
Margue - Greenhouse (basic frame, covering, door, fans)

depending on the time it takes to create all of the above, package them up and upload them, I might do some more of the requests. but for now, these are on my todo list!

I'm no speed modeller, but Im not that slow! keep an eye out for updates to this thread for model progress!

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 12:56 AM · edited Tue, 09 January 2007 at 12:57 AM

file_364926.jpg

I'm not a speed modeller either so I'll take as long as it takes...  I have not heard from** ** AntoniaTiger and I hope Antonia knows she is getting her wish.... ![](../../mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Here is my second WIP... maybe I'll post again later or tomorrow

scott8539 ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 3:42 PM

Quote - @scott8539

Grabbed the image there....been a little distracted with some projects elsewhere...but I'll try and get started on the hair here soon. Still can't promise it will be right away, but it will be worked on.

(hopefully...classes start up again next week, add to that a million things at work...and I'll be a screaming psycho in a few months...I just have to keep telling myself that going back to school was a good idea)

it's ok.let me know when you have it for sale.thanks

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:25 PM

Thanks, Tom, I've been having one of those awkward couples of days. I was thinking that something looked odd about the initial modelling. I think it's the lack of the sleeve around the microscope tube, and the way the end of the support-arm sticks up. It's a good start.

tom271 ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:46 PM

file_364980.jpg

WIP#3 here is the other part.. olmost finished with the top portion... 

@Antonia  ..  what do you mean lack of the sleeve..?   the central tubing is just fine... remember this is an old fashion instrument...

puddykat ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:24 PM · edited Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:31 PM

Hello!

I just thought of something I really /need/ but which would be no fun to make... on the other hand I am sure it would only take 30 seconds to make. A box... medium resolution like maybe the Poser box prop but with the edge beveled just imperceptibly, only enough so that when rendered it isn't so hard edged but not so much as to be a "camphered box". When I use the Poser box to make a wall or pedistal it is so overly sharp but if say an 96"x48"x6" wall partition had a sixsteenth inch bevel to the edge it would improve realism.

Also I would love a paper folded in the middled and opped up again... like a newspaper spread open or a Playboy Centerfold pinned up. There is the Newspaper by Trekkiegrrrl but it is very high mesh and I want to cover the floor. The centerfold I speaks for itself.

Thanks.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 6:13 PM

The newspaper isn't THAT high a mesh, but yeah, somewhat, to enable it to crumble. Of course that could now be done with displacement, but that wasn't an option back when I made it :)

So I'm working on a new one now, more like a centerfold :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 6:29 PM

file_364987.jpg

Here's a test render:

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 6:29 PM

file_364988.jpg

And the wireframe :o)

templargfx ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 8:14 PM

LOL, now THATS low res modelling! nice work

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 10:55 PM

this is a great thread all (templar).

i applaude all who model for this!
who said the community is dead? :biggrin:

Comitted to excellence through art.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 11:01 PM

file_364999.jpg

This is little bit of a sidebar to the topic, but since we're mentioning other models... here's something I modeled eons ... sSome 7-8 years ago for practice. It has some imperfections in the mesh, and is not mapped, but if anyone wants it, you can have it (3ds format) It's an old style survey instrument (theodolite).

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 1:42 AM

file_365005.jpg

Well here is WIP #4

I'm going to add a few more details to this 20th century microscope.   I can always tone it down if it gets too big of a file.....

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 3:52 AM

file_365012.jpg

Just a preview of the scope...   for those who like renders... 

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 4:04 AM

puddykat - if you're not using p4 or pp, you should be able to bevel edges really simply with displacement.  if you're using poser 6 or above, i'd bet you could manage to use a tile node as a displacement map.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 10:18 AM

file_365044.jpg

WIP# 5

I did a few changes to it....   but basically is the same... 

Any comments..?

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 11:01 AM

ooo, nice.  i really like it.

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 2:49 PM

Thank you cobalt.....

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 3:08 PM

That microscope looks VERY nice!

Hmm I better zip up my poster :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 4:06 PM

file_365079.jpg

The poster is now live and available at [my homepage](http://trekkiegrrrl.dk) :o)

Have fun!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.