Mon, Sep 2, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:21 am)

Subject: Conforming cloths on morphed body, what's the trick?

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 2:07 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

I'm desperatly trying to conform cloths on a morphed body. It doesn't work, even if the character is one the cloths are for. Is there a trick to make the cloths get the morph from the character??
Or something else i missed??

My Store

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:08 AM

Attached Link: CopyMorphs script

In order to fit the morphed body, the clothes have to have the same morphs. Very few conforming clothes have ALL matching morphs (I assume V3 morphs here). Quite a few have SOME morphs, but a lot of clothes just don't have matching bodymorphs at all.

If the morphed body has custom morphs, i.e. those NOT provided in the DAZ morph packages, you can be 99.9% certain that the clothes do not have matching morphs. Notable exceptions are the clothes that are specifically designed for the character, e.g. As Shanim clothes usually have a morph that'll make them fit the As Shanim Kielo or Yaara characters. And clothes designed for Blackhearted's Girl Next Door and Irina will also have the matching morphs.

IF the clothing has matching morphs, their dials must be set equal to the morph values of the body. I've written a little Python script that'll do just that. Select either the character or the clothing, doesn't matter which body part, and the script will adjust the matching morphs in all conformed clothing to the values in the body.

You can download the script from the provided link. Unzip to your Poser:Runtime:Python:poserScripts folder, and run it.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:13 AM

Thanks svdl! I'll try your script!! It will answer to a lot of my wishes!!
:biggrin:

My Store

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:21 AM

Clothing for a figure is designed to work on that figure in it's out of the box unmorphed state.  So because of that when you add morphs and change the figure's shape, the clothing doesn't usually fit anymore.

svdl gave a link to his script that will help.

Also, here are some other options for other programs that can help fit clothing from one figure to another, or even from the same figure to one that has been "morphed up" using their morph packages.

The Tailor, which can be bought here:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=677

Wardrobe Wizard (I use this one and it's great). It can be purchased from PhilC's site here:
http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Clothes Converter, which can be bought here:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=3069&cat=131

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Wardrobe Wizard has the ability to shape the clothing to any morphed version of any supported figure.

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:27 AM

By the way, my script does not CREATE morphs. It just copies over dial settings.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:05 AM

Svdl the link you posted to the script doesn't seem to work, I get page cannot be found.

Also the link to your freestuff in your signature is broken.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:21 AM

The link worked fine for me, Anniebel.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 12:22 PM

Please forgive me for asking a silly noob question...
I'm about to get wardrobe wizard, or clothes converter, or both...  
Do they do the same thing, or are there key differences?

I read through the web info on both, but frankly I'm little overwhelmed. If someone whom has been through the process could beso kind to take a few minutes to point out key differences, I'd really really appreciate it!!!!  :) pleez? Pretty Pleez with a smile and a cherry on top?

I'm leaning in the direction of Wardrobe Wizard...

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 2:02 PM

I don't know a thing about clothes converter,  but here is what I can tell you about WW:

1.  Works within Poser through your python script are;

2.  Has buff support by both PhilC and Kamilche;

3.  It's an investment, not an expense and it actually saves you money in the long run;

4.  You can convert clothing between any WW supported figures, even from  Mil Baby to The Freak if you want;

1. How it works:
  • Load the WW supported figure (default out of the box state)

• Add all of the clothing / props for that figure that you want it to wear and conform the clothing, making sure it fits properly. Use the dials and magnets if you need to.

• Open the python window and find Wardrobe Wizard

• Select one of your clothing items

• Click "convert from " and let WW do it's thing. The time that this step takes depends on the item you are analyzing.  Sometimes it takes seconds and sometimes it can take several minutes (IE: 20 or 40 minutes), at least that's how it is on my computer.

• Once the analysis is finished, do it again for another clothing / prop item. Rinse and repeat until you have all of your clothing / props analyzed that you need.

• Morph up your figure, OR delete the figure and add a different WW supported figure to the scene.

• Select your clothing or prop

• Locate WW in the python window and click "Convert to" and let WW do it's thing. It takes about 10 seconds.

• Voila!  Your clothing fits.  Do a few smooths for select body parts on the clothing and an inflate or deflate and it looks pretty good. Of course it's not fool proof, but the majority of the time it works very well.  You do have to conform or parent after the process, even if you had done it before because "Converting to" undoes the conforming.

WW will deposit a small .dat file Inside the WW analysis folder which is found inside the WW folder for every item that you analyze.  What I do when I'm analyzing a full outfit that has multiple parts to it is to create a folder inside my analysis folder named for the outfit.  Then as each part of that outfit gets analyzed I move it to that folder.   You can take your organization one step further and put the outfit folder into a folder for a specific figure so it's easy to look to see if you have already analyzed something.   For example when I analyzed the Abyssal_Queen outfit, I put all of the .dat files into a folder called  "Abyssal_Queen"  and then moved that folder into another folder called "!!ClothingV3".  Unfortunately WW won't recognize anymore subfolders than that.

6.  So long as you don't delete that .dat file which was created you never have to analyze that clothing or prop again.  The next time you want to use that item just load whatever WW supported figure you want to use, add the clothing which you had analyzed before and click "Convert to". WW will convert that clothing to fit the figure.

1. Because WW relies on that little .dat file you no longer have to clog your hard drive with duplicate outfits for each figure you have.  It's fast and easy to just "convert to" as you go along because it only takes a few seconds.

8.  One clothing item can be shared between every one of your WW supported figures.

10.  If you can get the .dat file for the item and you have the clothing, you don't have to have the original figure the clothing was created for in your library. All you need is the clothing and the .dat file. Many WW users share their .dat files. I share mine and I also host the .dat files that people have sent me for sharing.  So this means that if you saw a great free dress for Mayadoll but don't have Maydoll in order to analyze the dress yourself,  you can ask around and see if anyone who has Mayadoll also has WW and would be willing to do the analysis for you and send you the .dat file.  Once you have that .dat file you just add the free Mayadoll dress to whatever WW supported figure you want and click "Convert to".  The only time you need to have the original figure in your libary is if you are wanting to analyze the stuff for yourself.

9.  WW also  has other features like Remove IK, Zero Figure, Inflate, Deflate and you can use it on your actual figure instead of a clothing item and you can use it on props etc.  Plus it has other features that I can't recall right now.

10.  Did I mention that the support for the program is second to none?

I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single day since I purchased WW that I haven't used it when using Poser.  To me it's become a staple and I can't ever imagine going back to using Poser without it.

NOTE:  I'm not getting paid for this glowing recommendation!  I believe it truly is by far the most outstanding program ever to come along for Poser.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:19 PM

Quote - The link worked fine for me, Anniebel.

Yeh, it is working for me too this morning, but definately kept getting page cannot be displayed all the time last night - go figure LOL

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 3:48 PM

Oh, wow, thanks a bunch Acadia for such a detailed description!
I think I'll have to get WW!

Seems like PhilC is quite the Wizard, huh?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

sumthinelse ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 5:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/poser_5_content_product_9751

I followed this link from Philc's WW page to see what figures are supported but it doesn't really help. What figure does WW actually support?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:24 PM · edited Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:29 PM

The demo converts between the Poser 4 and Poser 5 adult figures. That link is to where you can download the free Poser 5 figures if you do not have them.

The main list is further down the main Watdrobe Wizard info page:-
http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

and
http://www.philc.net/WW_update.htm (Which included the Poser 7 figures)

I'm never going to be able to support every figure ever made but certainly all the main ones are supported along with a number of the less well used ones. I expect to be adding yet another figure in the next couple of days.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:24 PM · edited Wed, 17 January 2007 at 7:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

Go to this page - it shows all the figures WW is compatible for ... and I have to say ditto to Acadia's assessment of WW.  I wouldn't be without it for so many reasons.

... oops, Phil, cross post LOL

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Willber ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 8:05 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong Phil, but you need the figure that you are comforming from. You can not just take a conforming piece of clothing and conform to another figure. You need both the originating figure and the target figure.
I use WW and it works great.....

sumthinelse ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 8:06 PM

Doh! I just needed to scroll down. Thanks.

sumthinelse ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2007 at 10:05 PM

Phil, if you are still looking here, I bought WW tonight and sent in a registration email (different email addy from the one I use here). I assume you do the registration yourself -- anxious to get started.

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 12:36 AM

Yea, WW looks great! Think i'll go to that someday. Thanks all!

My Store

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 3:47 AM

sumthinelse, 4:34 am EST Registration sent to somebody, probably you :)

Willber you do not always need the figure you are converting from. Check out this link for details:-
http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

sumthinelse ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2007 at 7:38 AM

Philc, thanks, got it.

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 12:47 PM

@Acadia- just wanted to say i found what you wrote above on WW .dat files very helpful . I wasn't understanding how to re-use things quite. I just bought WW and am learning how to use it.... scouring past threads for any info while waiting for a 'convert from' to finish. So, thanks !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

skeetshooter ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 1:47 PM

For those with Macs, PhilC has recently released a Mac verson update of WW for Poser 7 which he originally issued for Windows in December, and it works as well as it did for Poser 6; that is, wonderfully. SS

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 2:12 PM

( A Mac user ) It sure does ! Only just bought it.... fitted a V2 clothing on to a very morphed V4. Worked a treat !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 2:25 PM

Hey Phil,

Was just taking a look/see at the .dat files on the site...gotta say everyone who has added to the lists of the figures, rock!  Lotta work has been put in to this forum topic.

My question...Are these .dat files the "convert to" files?  I guess I'm not understanding them.  I looked in the V3 thread and thought there would be the files for other outfits from different figures, but, it's all V3, so before I do something stupid, I just wanted to make sure of what these files are.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 4:57 PM

When Wardrobe Wizard does a "Convert From" you need the original figure, lets call it XZY, and the clothing that fits it in the scene. It saves its analyses as a DAT file. There is no geometry information in it, you can not decode the binary file and rebuild anything.

When you do a "Convert To", Wardrobe Wizard looks at that DAT file and says, "Ahh yes that small area of sleeve was like that on figure XYZ so I have to tweak this magnet just a little like this to get it to fit the new figure".

Now what happens if you have the clothing but not the figure it was made for and you want to convert it to figure ABC? You'll be stuck unless some kind soul with the original figure has already done a Convert From and is willing to make the resulting DAT file available. Place that DAT file anywhere in the folder Wardrobe Wizardanalyses and below and Wardrobe Wizard will find it and be able to do the conversions.

They are not sharing the original figure, or the clothing. They are just passing on the "recipe" of how to convert this particular clothing item to other figures.

The DAT file names may look strange, they are simply the shortened path of the original clothing file. The names needed to be unique and we felt that there would be a good chance of duplication if we just took the name alone. eg. "V3 short skirt.cr2"

So there you have it :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.