Thu, Sep 19, 4:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:00 pm)

Subject: P7 Bug List - Feel Free to add to this.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 7:22 PM

Has anyone noticed that the Compression ratio for saving renders in .jpg format doesnt work????

try it, save a render with 100% and the same render again with10% and then check them...
they are the same (and in file size)

Please can someone verify this to see if im going nuts,lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

fuaho ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2679889

Animation related **thermonuclear bug** description put in this thread

<"))###><<  

pennykay ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 10:56 AM

I really wish I would of saved my money, I am not pleased with Poser7 at all.
The renders are awful, there is no way to get out of the material room, and on and on.

rty ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 10:08 AM

Noticed problem #5 too : "delete" not working. Instead the library window moves up one level, for example from "characters" to "libraries".

No, that's just a focus thing which also happens in P6: If you click delete while the library has the focus, you just go up a level. Allows for keyboard-only navigation in the library.

But the real delete bug exists, I have it too. Apparently it seems to happen after rendering. Deleting from the hierarchy menu still works.

Rance01 ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 11:54 AM

Colored Pencil Scetch preset points to a wrong pzs file.  It seeks SketchPresetsColored pencil.pzs which is not present.  I did find a Colored pencil in the prefsScetchPresets but don't know if that is the correct file or not.

Best Wishes,

templargfx ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 6:31 PM

Camera Switching stops working :

Every once in a while, whilst working on relatively complex scene, I will choose say the dolly cam to setup my final render angle. then switch back to the main cam for more editing, but the camera doesnt change, infact no cameras can be switched to until poser is restarted. friggin annoying!

DOF guide disconnects from camera :
every now and again the DOF guide can disconnect from the camera, meaning its extremely hard to setup the focus using the guide (most of the time you cant even see it!)

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 7:02 PM

Quote - > Noticed problem #5 too : "delete" not working. Instead the library window moves up one level, for example from "characters" to "libraries".

No, that's just a focus thing which also happens in P6: If you click delete while the library has the focus, you just go up a level. Allows for keyboard-only navigation in the library.

But the real delete bug exists, I have it too. Apparently it seems to happen after rendering. Deleting from the hierarchy menu still works.

No there is still another bug with delete. If your scene is populated and you hit the delete key to delete a figure or prop there is a huge delay (like up to 10 seconds) in which you can click on another item and that other item then gets deleted instead. Its a huge delay problem. The delete while in library view issue is also annoying but not destructive.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2007 at 7:39 PM

The delay is due to Poser saving the change so that it's undoable.
I doubt there is a way to make it much faster.
You should compare the time taken to do this with the time taken to save the whole scene (which was previously the only way getting back a deleted item was possible).

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 12:12 AM · edited Fri, 19 January 2007 at 12:13 AM

file_366076.JPG

winxp, latest updates, fresh install, poser 7, default display setup within program

motherboard: ga-945p-s3 motherboard, 2gb memory, 500gb hd
graphics:  ati radeon x1600 pro (512mb) (default settings)

PROBLEM:  when mousing over joints, character and floor disappear completely.

see pic

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 5:01 PM

Quote - Kalypso:  bluecity I've had the same problem with Build Folder Menus.  But mine is even worse, because I have my very bloated P4 runtime linked (I never bothered to tidy that up with P5, P6 and now P7!) when I get the build folder menus option and select it, Poser crashes.  It works ok if I select each one of the libraries and open them, although it takes time.   I've already reported this over at the content paradise forums but you're the only other person I've seen mention it.  

Oh and it is a P7 bug because P6 has no problem with those huge directories.

Yep.  I've been seeing the exact same problem.  "Build Folder Menu" selection sometimes leads to an instant crash-out to the desktop.  But if I re-open P7 immediately after the crash: then everything works just fine.  The best policy is to save early, and to save often.

I've also noted the same delete key issue which has already been mentioned by so many others -- although I've also been using the menu bar delete as a work-around.  I'd like to see this problem fixed.

However: overall, I am VERY happy with P7.  It's a lot faster than P6 ever dreamed of being.  I can create complicated scenes in far less time than any former version of Poser ever allowed.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 8:12 PM

I found the solution to the "disappearing figure" issue I mentioned above.  Go to Poser preferences and under the DOCUMENT and INTERFACE tabs, select LAUNCH TO FACTORY STATE.  That should fix the issue.

Ciao,
            G

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 19 January 2007 at 8:50 PM · edited Fri, 19 January 2007 at 8:51 PM

I just had Simon alone and was adjusting the basic three lights. When I went to save the lights to the library P7 just locked up and stoped. After about 5 minutes the menus became accessable but didn't work. The Library continued to remaind locked up solid, unresponsive, and could not be accessed. Poser also would not shut down without being forced by through the Task Manager via the Process tab.

-on Windows2000Pro sp4, 768 RAM, P7 is the last program loaded.
-Fire wall = ZoneAlarm  6.5.737.000 {P7 access to local server 127.0.0.1 fully allowed (green checked)}
-Virus Protect = AVG  7.5.432

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

chimera46 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 10:03 PM

When exporting an image as a jpeg (yes I like to do that) the file ends up being the same size no matter what compression rate is used. The compression rate that it's stuck on seems to be horribly high though resulting in equally choppy pics.

And yes i've had delete key woes as well.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

westcat ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:57 PM

HI:

Just bought Poser 7.  The problem I have
deals with it crashing.  I set up a poser scene, save it then reopen it no problem.  Then I simply repose the characters in the scene, save then when I try to reopen it later, poser 7 starts crashing.  It is very frustrating, all that work posing a figure in a scene, not changing a single other thing, and the scene will no longer reopen once it is saved and closed again...maddening.
I've tried this many other times with the exact same out come I am really upset!

pruiz ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 9:06 PM

Welcome to the crowd.

sjmills ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2007 at 2:30 PM

Quote - Dynamic Cloth simulations only work on the first group created. I tested this with V4 and V4 Summer Fashion. Whether I put the skirt or the top into a 2nd cloth simulation group, the second simulation would not work properly and the object in question would just fall through V4. Putting all dynamic cloth objects into the same (first) simulation group "solved" the problem.

I'll second this. Truly annoying. How can you put multiple cloth objects into the same simulator group?

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 1:28 AM

I have a mini list of troubles as well ...I did have more when running poser7 on my older machine
right now most everything working fine beside:

1. The JPG compression don't works
  2. the FFRender.exe make strange things and hang up all system (Kaspersky don't like it too lol)**
  3. **The export of the alpha channel works not good alpha channel is solid when render over background picture

that's all my mini troubles ;) I was working in every room beside Setup room
Cath

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 6:16 AM

Cath, did you install the latest update? It sounds like at least your #1 and #3 are issues addressed in SR2.1.

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 6:29 AM

No ... I did reinstall everything 2 times and now I run without, the issues #1 ans # 3 are not the major one b/c I do not use this options anyway and the rest works really great for me , the only one thing are  FFRender.exe
** do not works fine some way I was thinking it have to do with my firewall or Anti-virus  that block it all the time, whatever I am waiting for Poser Pro :)

Cath

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 8:19 AM

BTW Stefan, I fixed the preview of the scaled textures..
in the Poser files some way it was set wrong that why Nvidia dont worked  good , I change it to
HARDWARE_SHADING 1
HARDWARE_SHADING_OPTIMIZATION 1

and now everything show up as expected :)))))

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 8:20 AM

FFRender and Poser are using IP sockets for communication. Can you tell your firewall to permit network operations for both programs?

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 21 November 2007 at 8:22 AM

I know ....Yes I can :)
thanks!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.