Thu, Sep 19, 3:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 6 Final Update

keenart ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 12:18 AM

You may have the dreaded Memory Leak, where threads are not being processed, or purged correctly. 
Usually the only way to get out of this situation is to use Task Manager and Shut down the app.  If not, with the memory tied up in bad threads, your app will crash. 

jankeen.com

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:07 AM

Its  a same we have to revert to so many things to get a piece of sofware to work when the previous release of Vue 5 inf doesn't require it and goes ond on like the battery bunnie not needing all this.
 I see people still don't get it all......... It

Tech said it would be reverted back to how Vue 5 inf coding worked so we would not have the memory and resource issues we are still geting but I can see they have not done it with last update..

I loaded one poser model last nite and my reosurces dropped to 43 % and then when added a spectral atmosphere it dropped to 19 % and Vue got so sluggish I was not able to continue.  Two items and Vue is useless if going to add any more.     I say once again Vue 6 is not ready for prime time yet...........:(

For those who are using instances then this will not effect you as us who are using obj and vobs.
I

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:22 AM

I'm trying to get one done now, 4 lights, normal atmo, 72 objects and 345,000 polys and it's choking!
I have to keep purging memory because it's dropped as low as 9%.
Sucks!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:57 AM

What I don't understand is the prerelease before that last release for beta worked with out having memory and resource issues and tech said they were going to revert back to that.
 It seems to me they havent even tryed to give us back something that did work and now don't work.
   I will never fall victim to a pre release version of Vue again.as we were duped into this one and now still got a prerelease when its name Final and now getting beta upgrades for a Final.....Gheeez who ever heard of such stuff.
  Some body is not testing this software as it should be if we the customers can find such simple things as it will not handle resources and memorys issue when the prereleases would and Vue 5 inf would.
  And I don't care about hearing excuses it works for me.   Sure it does if you don't use it as I want it to be used and that is like Vue 5 inf. :)   

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 6:05 AM

They're asking for all the poser files in the scene now, which means they'll need the lot not just the pz3. A pz3 is useless to them without the obj's and textures that it's looking for!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 6:17 AM

Same with a ticket I have with them.
 They will be asking for our comptuers the next time around........?

ïÏøçö

keenart ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:19 AM

More work but have you tried to use the Administrative Tools and search through Event Viewer.   

At the time a crash happens, look through all of the Logs in Application, Security, System and so on, and click on an event to find out what caused the crash.  This could tell you what module was causing the trouble and give e-On more info.

jankeen.com

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:30 AM

What causes the crash and problems should be fond by e-on.   Why do we have to do it all for a final thats been in developing since early last year or before.
  And to answer your quetion Yes I have done all that you have asked and more. :)
Not wanting to sound hateeful but Why didnt the beta tester find these problems before they release the patches.
  If all they are doing is using simple to be made scenes with instances and bill boards instead of models as most users are doing then they are missing a lot of the problems as it seems to me. :)
 WE need to find why they can say they dn't have a problem when lots of others do.  Lets all be on the same playing field as I see it.
  Also when we see some pics posted are they using a beta that we as regular users dont have acess to.  Lots to be consider with all of this since its still in beta. :)

ïÏøçö

keenart ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:56 AM

Well, not sticking up for anyone, but when I used to work for a company, and we released our new Word Processor for Beta testing in house, after six months of hard work, there were 256 bugs, on the 17,000 computers tested.  We fixed all but 11 within three weeks.  Those 11 got shipped with the Word Processor, for which we put out a patch later.  

As a programmer you really never know what is going to break the software until it happens.  The real problem gets you when you patch something and then that patch breaks the system for others.  

Trust me when I say I burned out after four years and got out of that job.  No way would I want to be in e-On's shoes. 

jankeen.com

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:07 AM

I agree with you 100% and wonder how much of the problems now are related to burn out with programmers and even the beta testers.....?

I for one could not handle it as some of the tech does. :)

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:24 AM

I used to send the log files to e-on also until one of their techies responded with "this doesn't really tells us much so don't send any more"
The fact is, these log files almost exclusively pointed to something happening within Vue 6 because it's name was there for all to see, what it meant I have no idea but from their response, not a lot!!
I'm trying hard to help I really am, I want it back working as it did!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:40 AM

This is just not right. We paid for a working program. Will I install the beta? Well got the email for it this morning and the link isn't working so came in here and read this and don't know if I would install it if they do get the link to work. I'm SO sick to DEATH of companies banking on our loyalty to a product and spewing out crap and THEN acting like it's our fault. Oh your model must not be just right for it to work. No more Vue for me. I'm still ticked about the fact that apparently the image resolution ability of matchmover is not as good as the pro version. Why do I say that? Because I just got an email telling me if I upgrade it I will get the higher image resolution I was told I would get in the first place!!! Bad e-on and anyone who defends this.
Marque

regeer ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 1:03 PM

Just a comparison Vue6 Esprit "Final" vs Vue6 Esprit "Beta"

Loaded a scene with just 1 poser figure , polycount 178940. This scene worked well in the beta version of Vue6, build 288792.
Rendered the scene in preview full screen (1024X800). This toke a whopping 35min 06 seconds to finish. Memory usage 1.4GB , monitored with windows task manager.
Re-installeed the beta version of Vue6 and rendered the same scene, also working in wire frame mode. Render full screen in preview, Time to render 1min10sec. memory usage 537 MB.

Pc : Pentium4, 2.4GHz, 512MB Windows XP

This says it all

Wim

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 1:20 PM

Personaly and this is just an opinion is the tech said they would put it back like the beta that was good and I don't see they have done it all. :(

ïÏøçö

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:52 PM

Yep. they lied.  They have not done what they say they would do. They are listening to the one side that doesn't use Vue the way we do. It gets tiring very fast with the did you do this and did you do that when the fact is, there is a mem problem that they don't want to address. Even though they admit that it is there.

Sending them a pz3 is not a good option. First you need the object and materials that were used in it and it is totally against copyright to give them these objects. Are you going to tell me that e-on does not have a copy of Poser to make thier own pz3's and use Poser content. Is this why the major F up? I call BS. 

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 4:54 PM

I have vue 6 pre release and I have downloaded the final version and the latest update to the final version. Should I wait to pull the trigger on the final version? To update or not to update that is the question.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:00 PM

I regret fully at this point, taking off the pre-release and installing the final, period!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:44 PM

Quote -
Not wanting to sound hateeful but Why didnt the beta tester find these problems before they release the patches.
  If all they are doing is using simple to be made scenes with instances and bill boards instead of models as most users are doing then they are missing a lot of the problems as it seems to me. :)
 WE need to find why they can say they dn't have a problem when lots of others do.  Lets all be on the same playing field as I see it.
  Also when we see some pics posted are they using a beta that we as regular users dont have acess to.  Lots to be consider with all of this since its still in beta. :)

Well iloco, to me, you are sounding hateful. I was one of the beta testers and I and MANY OTHERS find Vue 6 works just fine for me. I do see there are a handful of users here who aren't happy, but there are others who are. I don't appreciate you denigrating the hours I and other beta testers spent submitting bug reports, outlining on websites exactly what's wrong, and working our best to help Vue deliver a good product. And this is the thanks I and other beta testers get from those of you who won't even bother to send in a scene file.

It's obvious you have no respect for Vue. That's fine and up to them to deal with. Disrespecting others who are here and have tried to help is no way to conduct oneself in a community.

-Chipp

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I do appreciate the work of the beta testers. I do think though that e-on should have asked more people to beta test - us. People who use poser and vue a lot. There are big problems and "I do see there are a handful of users here who aren't happy" if you look at all the people who want to use poser and vue together I think there are many many more than a handful who are finding the software really difficult to use because things aren't working as they should be. Here's a small example. I have a mac and poser 7. When I import a pz3 it won't import any props, so my figures come in bald. I asked at either eon or cornucopia and lots of people said they were just getting instant crash on trying to import a pz3. I don't get the instant crash because i know I have to tick the box that says about same materials on import. However I also discovered that the reason the PZ3 doesn't import the props, is because poser 7 saves the obj paths for the props in the pz3 with backslashes but the path for figure .obj with : the paths for textures have backslashes and now vue handles that fine but not for those prop .obj path. This seems to me like it would be an easy fix but vue are blaming it on EF "The paths handling is not done in our code, but in the Poser SDK, so we can't fix it ourselves. We hope the SDK developpers will be able to fix this (it is by the way quite strange that the poser file was saved like this...)" Well who knows, but the e-on advertising says poser 7 and vue 6 are compatible and they are not at present. Some people use these softwares to generate their income, so can you see now where all this frustration is coming from? I should have thought thenot importing of poser props with poser 7 could have been fixed by now, surely. Love esther PS I must admit poser 6 used to work beautifully with vue 6 until poser 7 came along.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:10 PM

Oh, by the way, I love vue to bits. that is the really frustrating part. Love esther

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:19 PM

Maybe you should have beta tested it with poser.

Proves all my points , again.

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:39 PM · edited Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Poser Import Example (semi-nudity warning)

I did beta test it with Poser.  And it worked fine.

I am extremely displeased with the final version.  One of the main issues I am having is that magnet deformers from Poser are no longer applied to the figure correctly.  I have attached a picture what happens when importing from the same Poser 7 save file between the pre-release (left, correct) and the "final" version (right).  I'm seriously thinking on reverting back to the previous pre-release.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:56 PM

My reply was not at aimed at you Giolon.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:09 PM · edited Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:19 PM

It helped me - several bugs that were really a pain are fixed.  The only problem I am still having is with network rendering.  

Will it work for you?  Install and try it.  If you have problems, contact support.

P.S.  I am fed up with this forum.  All everyone wants to do is whine about how bad Vue is.  Your not helping yourselves or anyone else.  Get over it, I really don't care if the pre-release worked for you.  That's old code.  What we have is the final version and any new patches that come along.  If you have a problem, document it, and send it off to tech support. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:26 PM

I've been sending all my problems to tech support. Love esther

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:26 PM

Quote - Maybe you should have beta tested it with poser.

Quote - My reply was not at aimed at you Giolon.

I assume then it was aimed directly at me, and not any of the other beta testers.

While I did not beta test the Poser import, it was tested by other, more experienced Poser users than I.

I tested the parts I knew about. You can check out my website at:
www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/VueStepbyStep/AboutStepbyStep.htm

for more information regarding how I use Vue. I've recently updated my Vue Python plugins which include a new 'Mirror' function. I also have a number of tutorials on terrains as well as Fog & Haze in Vue. I try my best to support this community.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 11:59 PM

No one is questioning your support to the community. That has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. You as a beta tester post to a thread that is based on the poor mem problem with Vue when used with Poser. You say we don't have any respect for Vue. Respect has to be earned. You also admit to not testing with poser, yet you still felt the need to tell us we are in the wrong. and don't except help. But, funny thing is, all the ones that seem to keep telling us that and telling us it is all in our heads and it works fine for them, are not poser users. And you wonder why people get upset. I don't understand why that is such a hard concept for some of you to comprehend.

As for pointing at you and not other beta testers, you are the one that posted. But you can point the others to the threads if you want. I'm used to being labeled the bad boy. Sorry but I'm not afraid to say what I think unlike so many others. That may be a good reason why you and e-on think there are only a very few of us that have a problem. The others are scared to say anything.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:15 AM

Quote - You also admit to not testing with poser, yet you still felt the need to tell us we are in the wrong. and don't except help.

Absolutely, an untruth. No where did I accuse any of you as being in the wrong. I am certain each and every one of you has REAL problems with Vue.

If you would please reread my comments, you will see I was responding to the notion that beta-testers were not effective. That's it.

It's obvious beryld, you're just looking for a fight. I can't find a single post where you've said anything not negative. Nor have I seen anything which resembles helpfullness.

A quick search regarding your recent posts:

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% My reply was not at aimed at you Giolon. Last Modified: Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:56 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% Maybe you should have beta tested it with poser. Proves all my points , again. Last Modified: Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:19 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% Yep. they lied.  They have not done what they say they would do. They are listening to the one side that doesn't use Vue the way we do. It gets tiring very fast with the did you do this and did you do that when the fact is, there is a mem problem th Last Modified: Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:52 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% Well, you proved my point very well for my first statement. That's OK, keep your heads buried in a hole and only pull them out to make a comment on something you don't understand what is going on. Late inposting so that goes out to the non poser comment Last Modified: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:08 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% RyanSpaulding wrote: "I love not being a Poser user.  :)   :)   :)" Your lose and very poor taste posting that, just to rub it into user who do like to use it and spent big money on a software that advertises that it Last Modified: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:43 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% That didn't take long for someone to tell you that it's the model and not the software. Totally ignoring the fact that these models worked in the pre-release.Yep, going to be a long and frustrating wait and see if this ever gets fixed. I'm back usin Last Modified: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:17 pm / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% So what, are they trying to blame some of the models for the mem problem? Those numbers that monsoon posted, I hope they skip a few numbers when they label the SR1  SRs or it's going to be a long wait for a proper fix. This just keeps getting better Last Modified: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:08 am / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Re: Vue 6 Final Update Relevance: 100.0% Here we go again. The ones that don't use poser stuff are going to tell the one that do that there is not a problem and it is your fault. Again. I see a pattern here. (Shakes head and walks away) Let me know when the final is really fixed and t Last Modified: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:13 am / Forum: Vue / User: beryld

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:38 AM

"It's obvious you have no respect for Vue. That's fine and up to them to deal with. Disrespecting others who are here and have tried to help is no way to conduct oneself in a community."

That's what I read. I"m sure your going to say that was at someone else but it is really directed at anyone that is having this problem and has anything to say about it.

Not looking for a fight, just telling you what I think. And very ####### frustrated. I bought under the advertizing that Vue 6 would work properly with Poser.

Did posting my posts make the sun shine brighter for you? Better than? Maybe you should have posted all the good things I had to say about Vue before the final release. No, that would not be right, would it. Oh well, it makes you look good.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 2:40 AM

Chipp - give up, this is something you can not win. There are always people that, when something does not work for them but for others, know exactly that the others are wrong. No need to look for their systems. I gave up arguing a while ago, will not change anything.

When I read how much experience some people have with Warez sites that I can not find via Google or whatever i am not surprised btw that some systems have problems.

So let's concentrate on doing images Chipp. And other interesting stuff. You do such great work at the moment.

Main reason why I posted this here and have not wrote an im to Chipp is to get notifications about this thread. This is so good entertainment.

PS: No need for others than Chipp to answer to my remark - to play the same game as some here. So don't waste your time.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 2:55 AM

Hi Wabe,

People who read this forum end up forming opinions about Vue. Many times these opinions lead to purchase decisions, whether to upgrade or buy products from e-on. These purchase decisions affect e-on's ability to afford to fix bugs, add features and new versions and ultimately survive in an increasing competitive and tough 3D industry. Sadly, I have used other great products which for one reason or another, did not fare well economically and are no longer available.

I just would like to make sure for those who visit here, there are other opinions about the quality of the software. Thankfully, beryld pointed out in his last post, how he has spoken favorably about Vue in the not too distant past.

To me, that is important.
Thanks so much for your concern.
-Chipp

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:08 AM

* If you have a problem, document it, and send it off to tech support. 

*We have all done this many times Peggy and we're not whining we want an app that works, that's all, is that too much to ask for our money.
It worked before, it doesn't now, that's a fact, not a few of us whining!

For the record: e-on said that they had changed the way the final release [the last pre-release update also] uses and accesses the available system memory from the version 288741, they said it,not me, not Iloco, or anyone else and it "seems" that, that is the biggest single most reason for all the problems.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:41 AM

Chipp, wrong answer I'm afraid.

You will hear now the freedom of speech thingie (again). And that this is not an e-on forum. Maybe some will even unmask you as devilish e-on sales representant. Be warned.

I think people who are interested in buying the software simply should look into the galleries. A lot of arguments are there. Absolutely NO Poser imports into Vue 6 can be seen there.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 3:46 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1358578

Actually Wabe you're wrong, there are many of my images in this gallery with poser peeps in, one with 6 poser peeps in [this one], but they were done in the pre-release version, the final version won't touch these files now!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:43 AM

thefixer, my last image - posted in the gallery here - has 35-40 Poser 7 imports into the final release, build 290081. Ok, four different ones only but then copied until I got all I needed. And all as regular meshes, no instances (ecosystems). PLUS, two ecosystems, one even with the bulky conifer from Cornucopia. And that is a heavy model.  No problem at all here. Am I wrong in doing that?

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:45 AM

Chipp I can see the truth hurts.  I did not name any names and I know how beta works and thats probly the reason I was not  asked back into the special group who do the testing.

I did not name any names and I can see you are very frustrated.    I do have memory and resource problems with vue  and you can take it or leave and call me what ever you want but I have not bashed Vue because I liek the program.  Just saying I am having problems with it and poser.

Sure anyone can load a bunch of simple scenes and bill boards and make a scene look like its got a lot in it but PLEASE DO AS I HAVE SAID.  Go back to Vue 5f inf and use it and dot he same with Vue 6INF and there is no comparsion.  Vue 6 INF will not do what it does.

Little groupies taking sides is no good and shows most are acting like children.  Lets all get to why our Vue is not working with Poser models and see if this cn be fixed.   Enough harm has been done since C3d store went online with people taking sides for and against.   We know e-on don't listen to a lot off its customers but a select few so its time to move on.

Chipp I do agree its a black eye on e-on when potiental people read the threads and do not buy Vue.   That is not what I want and what ever you believe is up to you.  I don't care what you or anyone thinks if I have a problem I will discuss it and hope it gets fixed.
 For those who dont have problems why take the time to lash out at us who do.  Don't get it since you so happy with your working version that is not like my version that will not handle poser models. :)

ïÏøçö

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:50 AM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/ShowMessage.php?id=1173828184

Wabe you just dont get it all.   Some of us are having problems while you don't.   Can you admit we may be haivng problems instead of showing how you can load up a scene with all those instances to make us look bad.  Go back and get those ships and models we have been having problems with and then tell us you dont have problems.   Lets do it on a fair playing field and use the same as comparsion as tech keeeps saying.  they got to have the exact same models to recreate the problems. :)

Load the Uss Constituation by Kaol and then the Medusa by Faveral and try and load another if you can get that far. :)
  this is in a default atmosphere with nothing else added. :)

And for those who think I and others are not reporting to tech I have attached a link to a ticket you can keep eye on to see what is happening. :)

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:54 AM

I've seen the image Wabe and no disrespect intended but the figures don't look that resource heavy, probably very small compared to a V4 or 2 or 3, if I'm wrong please put me right and I'm sure you will [LOL].

OTOH maybe you could supply us that are having problems, your computer specs and maybe your actual work flow for creating such a complex scene in Vue6Inf so that we could see how you can manage it or if your computer is a far superior one with 8 Gig of RAM or something!

I'll say it again and John canver at e-on will back me up on this, I just want to be able to use it like I did before, it's not an anti e-on rant as some would have you believe, it's merely a desire to have something that I paid good hard earned money for [like the rest of us] to work like it did before, I'll ask again, "Is that too much to ask for?"

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:08 AM

file_371890.jpg

Ok, here is a screenshot - talking about truth.

And yes, I switched the background characters to boxes to make things faster in display. Now show me the billboards in here please. I really would like to know where I have used them. Btw, 5.5 billion polygons in here - talking about simple scene. Render time - if anybody wants to know - 30 minutes approx. on one machine only. Not too bad.

The major difference that would make the discussion a lot more relaxed are two tiny little words. And they are "for me". Nothing else. So a report sentence should read "Poser import is not working for me".  And not "Poser import is not working". There are tons of proofs that this is not true, even when this hurts.

But enough, in fact I do not have to proof anything really, I am here to have fun.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:11 AM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:22 AM

iloco, thefixer and others.

I am very sorry you are having such a hard time with all of this. I suppose complaining on these forums helps you feel better about it. I know when I'm having a hard time with something, I like to be able to talk to others about it as well.

I am not trying to be snide, but, saying the exact same things over and over won't get the problems fixed any faster. I suppose if something was causing me to generate so many negative posts in a single thread, I would consider going back to Vue5.

On a more positive note, there's a great thread Pam's (forester) got going over at Cornucopia on modelling. She's talking about creating chairs. There's certainly something there to learn for everyone. Below are a couple of quickies I've created in Vue. The one on the left is created only from 2 letter 'h's and 3 _'s (underlines). The one on the right (aluminum one) is created from an upside down letter 4 with boolean cube subtractions for the legs, and a single underline.

Sometimes it's pretty cool what one can do in Vue with the text editor alone!

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:13 AM

Sorry, forgot that all the knights in my scenes are M3s with high res skin materials. Henry if someone wants to know in more detail.

Thefixer, maybe we can find a better place to discuss Poser import specific issues, this here is a general thread about Vue 6 Final update.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:17 AM

I wasn't asking you to "prove" anything Wabe, I merely asked you for some help in understanding why you can do that and others here can't, clearly you're not willing to do that!

I'll ask again, can you supply us with your computer specs to see if that is maybe the reason, do you have more RAM than most for instance, do you run a MAC instead of a pc, anything that might give a clue where the problems are!

I'm sure I'd rather be having fun with Vue6Inf as well instead of coming here!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:26 AM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 5:37 AM

I got a feeling wabe is on a power mac with lots of ram and now we either have to upgrade to use vue 6 or get out the ball park.
 Something is happening that I can't understand but FOR THOSE WHO CAN NOT READ I have problems that I dind't ahve in the  prerelease next to the final one in Vue 6 beta and Vue 5 INf.
 Is it to hard to understand that.   Yes call me a liar if you like but at least I know what I have and have had.   Simple to those who don't kow or want to understand and help us who are having problems.

Chipp I do know there is more to Vue than Just using poser items.  If vue is not suppose to use poser models then why add it as part of the advertised product.  I do my thing and dont try and tell you how to yours when using vue.  I am just having problems trying to do my thing. :)

ïÏøçö

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:18 AM

Its a thread about vue 6 final release alright and isnt importing poser pz3 and working with them part of what Vue is all about.
 Why some think not I don't understand.    Even the pic wabe posted had poser images in it to prove his worked so why isn't it about  vue and poser working as its supposed to be designed to work as it does for some and not  others.

I heard all this when vue 4.5 had a bad meory leak and everyone said we had a problem and they didnt.  Well it turned out there was a big memory leak and then no one had much to say. :)

When tech says its a problem then do you believe them.............Must not as I see it. :(

ïÏøçö

keenart ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:53 AM

It is understandable why problems arise. You have three layers in a system: (this is very simplified, and it is far more complex)

1. The software layer which makes a request to the Operating system. The Software is the Guest of the System.
  2. The Operating System, which controls and processes all of the software requests and then sends them on to the Hardware. The Operating System is the Boss.
  3. The Hardware layer is the slave of the system, and does what it is told to do by the OS and just returns stuff back to the Operating System, or/and the Software.

Software is written based on the most current code, which has a lot of Libraries, and so on, to support all of the requests that must be sent to the OS and Hardware. Unfortunately all of this is changing from month to month. Think about it Microsoft adds new updates each month, and that is not just to the operating system but also to the SDK’s. New drivers must be written and old one’s made compatible with the new code, but sometimes they do not work and break a system. The Software gets caught in between all of these changes and must adapt, by writing new code that makes the software work.

My AMD won’t process MMX instructions according to the way Intel dictates, so some software packages that support MMX will not run on my computer. However, newer software versions will, since patches have been created to solve the problem.  

My supposition; So Vue puts out a beta based on the current code that supports the current OS. Someone says that does now work on my system, so Vue goes back and rewrites the code. Now they put out a new release and it breaks more systems. It happens because sometimes you cannot write enough code to make all systems work together at the same time and include the new changes. So you have to keep trying to patch the software until you can get everything working for everyone. Unfortunately that takes a lot of time.

All e-On can do is try to gather all of the information about all of the problems and different system configurations and keep writing code until they get it right. 

I am back to Vue 5 until all of this gets sorted out. 

jankeen.com

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:11 AM

Very reasnable reply and with using a lot of comman sense in writing the reply so that anyone that wants to understand it can in simple terms.   This is the kind of replys we need instead of it works for me so whats your problem.
 At least a few people know what is going on and understands us who are having problems.
Very refreshing to read your reply keenart.
  It gives me a little relief that there may be a chance we may get somehting fixed that is working for some but not others. :)

ïÏøçö

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.