Sun, Sep 22, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Head/neck seam in Daz

Balaenanun ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:44 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:19 AM

Hello,
I've noticed a visible difference between the neck and head with pretty much all the character textures (good textures, commercial textures etc) I've used on v3, m3 and such, when I render them in Daz Studio.
They look almost ok in Poser.
Is it because of the difference of size of the skin maps, the head map being bigger ?
Then it would look ok in Poser because Poser renders are often less crisp than Daz Studio renders (depending on the settings).
Am I right ?
Do you have a workaround for DS ?
Is it ok to sell a texture even if I know you can see a small difference in DS ?

Thx !

Bala

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store

MirageBay ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:51 PM

Hi.

I do think it's because of the difference in the map sizes.  There was a workaround posted here in Rendo, but I can't find it now.  Basically, an adjustment in the head map size so that the textures looked like they matched better.

If anyone here, (hint, hint, Acadia!) knows the thread I'm talking about, would you please post it?

I'll keep looking and see if I can find it for you.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 1:54 PM

Hehe if it's about changing the map size, then it's about the difference in the map sizes :P

Thank you, I'll look for this thread too !

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 8:00 PM

Im not aware of any problems with texture sizes, what are your render settings? do you have an image showing the problem?

Fisty ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 11:06 PM

Are you rendering it in 3Delight (software) render settings?  You'll almost always see seams with OpenGL renders.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:17 PM · edited Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:20 PM

file_383677.jpg

Yes, it's 3delight. Should I choose hardware render ?

Thx for your answers !

An example in attached file.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 3:36 PM

frankly I think thats a problem with the texture itself. it doesnt have anything to do with the renderer.

Balaenanun ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 7:02 AM

No, no it does the same with all the textures I own, to some extent.
This one on the pic is the MR03 by MaskEdit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.