Thu, Oct 3, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Pubic hair for Victoria with displacement material

yoooha ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 3:19 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 3:24 PM

Hi

I wish to make nude renders with Daz Victoria 4.1 and Vue 6 Inf, in the style of Lucien Clergue famous photographies.

Then, i have a problem with pubic hair which are just painted in the skin texture, and no volume.

My question, then is : is it possible to "create" pubic hair by creating a displacement texture ?

Thanks for advice.

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 3:47 PM

You could fake it with displacement, but it would look unrealistic, due to the nature of displacement mapping, except for mid to wider range shots.. and in those shots, the effect might be negligable.

If you are going to invest the time to do it, you'd be better off making a smartprop or conforing figure, or using th ehair room, and making her a "rug".

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

yoooha ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 3:53 PM

Yes, you're right, the displacement cannot mimic the curved geometry of hair.

I have tried the hair room in poser, this was my first idea, but the result is absolutely awful.

I think the best possibilty would be actually to model somefhing with a modelling software, but is is outside my skill...

I have an hypothesis : could we imagine to use a modified grass-like solidgrowth plant ?

Thanks for advice

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 4:00 PM

The hair room really is your best solution. I would follow some of the hair room tutorials, or just visit renderotica, and buy an add on.. I'm sure they have something like that there.

If people can completely fur cover a rat, spider, dog, or cat in the hair room, then something simple like this is achievable.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

yoooha ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 4:11 PM

Hi

I will try again with the hair room, if you think it is a solution. ;-)
However, one must say that fur is different to pubic hair, in that fur is dense and not curled, in the contrary of pubic hair. I don't know how to make realist curled "fiber" in the hair room.

I had a look at renderotica. They actually have a product from Merkin which is volumetric, but the pubic geometry of Merkin are ... very rock and roll for punk rebel girls ! Far from vanilla girls.

My challenge is to reproduce the pictures "nee de la vague" from Clergue, which are "abstract" nudes where the pubic hair is half immerged in water and is a metaphor of marine vegetation...

A big challenge indeed... thanks for all advices

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 4:33 PM · edited Sat, 06 October 2007 at 4:34 PM

Attached Link: link is here

Dynamic hair doesn't work very well in Vue - that's the only problem with it.  It tends to look bloody awful tbh.

I'd go with buying one from "the other place" if it were me

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

yoooha ( ) posted Sat, 06 October 2007 at 4:39 PM

I'm not against buying something, but do you know a product of quality ?

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2007 at 2:54 AM

For a while there was a product here in the Renderosity Marketplace. But it disappeared and I have no idea where to. Maybe Renderotica?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

mstnicholas1965 ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 9:03 AM

If you have any 3D modeling software you could make a single curled hair strand and then use the ecosytem brush to paint it on.

yoooha ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 12:30 PM

thanks, sounds good idea. I will try.

Supposing this will fit, would be possible then to somehow export this ecosystem painting as an 3d object (i have modeller, hexagon), for making a prop usable in poser ?

mstnicholas1965 ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 8:39 AM

You would just need to model a single strand, a curling tube that srinks on one end to a point. You could either populate it as an object based ecosystem, or use the ecosytem paint for exact placement. Then you could make all the eco objects real objects in selection mode and export them to whatever program you want for further refinement. Just an Idea.

yoooha ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 10:04 AM

thanks for the advice.

I have tried my previous idea of mimicking pubic hair with grass, this looks interesting, but for dryads or the like ! ,-)

I will try your idea of modelling a strand. If i succeed in my challenge of reproducing the Clergue photography, i'll make a tute for sharing the discoveries i'll make about.

kisses

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 10:28 AM

As I thought, I found it at Renderotica. Go to the store there and search for Merkin (by christiandarkin) $15 btw.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

yoooha ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 10:32 AM

Yes, i knew it since long. But as you see, the pubic triangles proposed are far from "ordinary". I need something absolutely plain, for an everyday "normal" woman.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.