Fri, Sep 20, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:41 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Content Paradise Customers Order Histories

Alowyn ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 9:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:23 AM

I'd suggest porting Content Paradise customers order histories over here so we can get updates on those products as well as being able to leave feedback for them, have a central purchase list, etc.  After all, they are purchased from Renderosity, just through a portal store.
I'd say about 90% of my purchases at CP were of Rendo products. I would appreciate being able to see that history here.
-D

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 9:10 PM

I will add it to the list but this is a off site issue and not sure it can be done.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

cyllan ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 3:22 AM

This would be very helpful.

It's not off-site - the link to CP, AFAIK, sourced downloads straight from here rather than transferring the files there for download. So the files were always here, on this site. And still are.

You have lists of those purchases. The difficulty is that people have different names. The cut-price option is to simply do all those people who have the same email address registered here as at CP - that could be done with a very short program. It's not all of them, but those who would require manual intervention would be a very small subset.

It would obviously involve some work and some costs, but goodwill is also usually rated as a material asset in assessment of a company, and therefore worth something.

blade68 ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2008 at 2:22 AM

I agree completely with this suggestion.  Not a perfect solution but as Cyllan says it would be the minority that would be an issue rather then the majority.

I have 10 pages of CP rosity purchases, yes they are backed up but that doesn't cover product updates or natural disasters.  Right now I'm pretty peeved at RO seemingly walking away leaving CP holding the baby on this.

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 2:39 PM

I would be more then happy if it was possible to transfer the order history from CP to here!

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

JeniferC ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 3:51 PM · edited Tue, 04 March 2008 at 3:55 PM

Quote - This would be very helpful.

It's not off-site - the link to CP, AFAIK, sourced downloads straight from here rather than transferring the files there for download. So the files were always here, on this site. And still are.

You have lists of those purchases. The difficulty is that people have different names. The cut-price option is to simply do all those people who have the same email address registered here as at CP - that could be done with a very short program. It's not all of them, but those who would require manual intervention would be a very small subset.

Before I address the download issues I would first like to make sure everyone knows the facts. It was Content Paradise who gave their notice to dissolve our partnership of nearly six years. Renderosity had every intention of trying to work through new contract negations, but their only offer to keep our partnership would cause us to actually loose money. 

The 30 day download is a standard Content Paradise policy for all purchases made there.  It is important that as buyers, you are aware of different companies' polices before purchasing.

The way our process works with Content Paradise is not as simple as creating a very short program to run. If it was simple, it would have already been done because we have already discussed this internally.  All purchaser info from CP is not passed to us, nor are CP purchasers required to have a Renderosity account. So many orders cannot even be matched to members here (even if we have an email address).  The ONLY thing we have to try to align is an email address, and we even have some orders without that.  Then, there are people that might have a Renderosity account, but used a different email address at CP.  It's actually a VERY large number of email addresses that do not line up with Renderosity accounts.  ALL order realignments (order username changes) would have to be verified and that is completely manual (it's not a very small subset).

Since our system was not built to find or change the username at the order level (only manually at the individual product level), it will take programming time just to be able to manually change the usernames on an order.

With all that being said, I will see if there is something we can do.  Please note that our programmer is backed log because it's his first day back.  He was out for surgery and has several other projects in the works, so we would greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

cyllan ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:16 PM

Thank you for giving it serious consideration and thought; I'm sure we all appreciate it can't happen instantly, especially for the data where you haven't got a good join. I hope your programmer's feeling better soon.

Rapunzl ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 6:40 PM

I, too, would appreciate my Rendo downloads from CP being transferred to my Rendo account. I know ignorance is no excuse, but when I first got into the 3D world, I didn't know much if anything about the way things work. I never read, and found out only today about the 30-day download policy. I've never had any reason to check into it since I've always been able to re-download anything previously. A hard disk crash caused me to have to do just that, and there wasn't one file that was unavailable at the time.

That said, I think it would be nothing but great customer service to support those of us who blindly bought your products without knowing the future consequences. CP says they have no access to the downloads, and you say the only way you have to know who is who is by their email address. I use a different address for each, but it would be easy enough for me to temporarily change my address here to match.

Bottom line: Thank you for considering our request, and I hope a solution can be reached that allows us to access and get continued support for the products we've purchased. Especially with the release of Victoria 4.2, there will surely be many updates to the many products I've purchased. We don't want to be left in the cold when it's cold enough right now outside :)

Jamie 'Rapunzl'

blade68 ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 5:57 PM

I knew about the 30day download policy but was always under the impression that if there was a product update the product would always be reset.  It's product updates that are my real concern.

Anyway, thank you to Rosity for trying to work this out, even if Rostiy required us to submit a copy of our purchase history.

tmouse ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 12:10 PM

If anything could be done I feel it would be a great service to Rendo and its customers. Your post answered many questions I could not find answers to. I realize business decisions lead to some tough choices but anything you can do will be VERY much appreciated from your customers. The split leaves people in a difficult situation. I know no one guarantees the availability of re-downloads or updates but they are an important thing that shows support for the customer and increases loyalty just as much as price. The content suppliers are also helped since they would not be put into the difficult position of not supporting customers or hosting updates themselves. Unfortunately I have observed a great malaise in many sectors taking customer support for granted, as the economy gets worse and discretionary spending gets tighter and competition gets tougher, customer loyalty WILL be the key to survival. So kudos for looking into any possibilities, and I hope something can be worked out. 

Natolii ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:43 PM

So even if you can provide your order history, the e-mail address you used there and here if different, we are currently out of luck otherwise.

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 6:25 PM

Ok, Sorry it took so long to work it out and get back to you.  I hope you didn't think we forgot about it or ignored your suggestions 😄

Our programmer was able to create a way for us to match orders based on the email address that buyers used at Content Paradise.  If you want your Content Paradise orders transfered to your Renderosity account, you will have to email store@renderosity.com from the email address you used at Content Paradise and it will have to match the email address you have listed on your Renderosity account. 

Unforunately, if the email address you used at Content Paradise doesn't match the one you have here, there is no way for us to verfiy the orders.  If you're email here doesn't match, you can go to your "My profile" here and update it first.

Rapunzl ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 6:34 PM

Thank you to you and to your programmer! It's a relief to know we can count on continued support for Rendo products we've purchased. It taught me a valuable lesson... I only buy from the source from now on. Especially now that both RDNA and Art Collaborations also split from CP.

Now I'm hoping the other two will be generous enough to go to the same trouble you and the Rendo programmer have.

Rapunzl

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:19 PM

Jennifer - just to be clear - do we need to give info on the order numbers, dates, etc, or just the email addys and the request to have things transferred here?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 11:20 PM

All we have to be able to verify 100% is the email address you used at Content Paradise and it needs to be the same as the email you have here.  We do not need any other info.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 11:37 PM · edited Fri, 14 March 2008 at 11:39 PM

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

blade68 ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 1:48 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

tmouse ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 9:24 AM

This is an example of the type of customer service I wish more companies would have. Kudos again to the entire support staff. Its unfortunate smith micro looks to be taking CP in the wrong direction but fortunately Renderosity is still going in the right direction.

xManonDumayx ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 6:47 PM

Thank you!  I sent mine to you.  

Alowyn ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:16 PM

Thank you very much for supporting your customers, regardless of where the purchase was made. Smith Micro would do well to study up.
Please give the programmer a big hug from me!
You guys rock!
-D

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:57 PM

Just a quick note in here to let you all know that I am trying to keep up with the requests coming in to the store email address to transfer your purchases but there are quite a few coming all at the same time, lol.  So if it takes me a minute, please bear with me.  I will get them done as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much

Stacey

sboyd ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 11:46 PM

My email addy was different to now when I made early purchases at  CP

I am hoping it is based on address as at a certain date maybe? like Mar 1 or Feb 1?

Biddles

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 12:04 AM

Just want to say thank you for making this possible! It is good to know that Rosity is being so helpful to us members ;o)  

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

sammy2 ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 12:05 AM

Quote - Just a quick note in here to let you all know that I am trying to keep up with the requests coming in to the store email address to transfer your purchases but there are quite a few coming all at the same time, lol.  So if it takes me a minute, please bear with me.  I will get them done as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much

Stacey

well you did a great job with mine, and I consider an hour between my requesting, and your responding that it was complete was excellent service.

Thanks again

Sammy!!

cyllan ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 2:53 AM

Thank you very much! It is very much appreciated.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 9:33 AM

Thanks so much Jenifer, I've sent my email out.  Hope it works.  Now if there were only a way to make this happen for the RDNA stuff. 

Surprisingly enough I had 2 pages of items bought through the portal for 'Rosity.  Surprised me!

All the best

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:12 AM

Yay, that was fast. Thanks so much :-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:15 AM

Wow - thankyou for providing this service. I've sent through my email request - I'll keep an eye out during the week to see if it goes through okay (it being Sunday I don't expect immediate action).

Cheers

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:49 AM

Yup, got my notice that it's been done!  Thanks so much for the excellent service!!  😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 12:16 PM

Blimey - I got mine too - so fast - very impressive!

Cheers!

Purrdey ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 12:58 PM

Thank you so much!!!

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 1:59 PM

Got my notice mine has been transferred too :)  Thank you very much!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

LazyLeopard ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 4:38 PM

That's worked. Thanks. :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 6:28 PM

You all are very welcome.  My hands are tired though, lol:)

We are all caught up for the moment, wheeewww.

emay68 ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 8:49 PM

I only had a couple of items, but I thank you all the same.  :o)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2008 at 6:05 PM

I just found out about this thread today. Email sent.

rb006969 ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 6:04 AM

I transmitted a message to you about my e-mail address on May 6, but does time of how long suffer from the work that you move my purchase history in Renderosity from the contents paradise?

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 08 May 2008 at 8:32 PM

You might need to send it again as all emails are answered within 24 hours.

Send to store@renderosity.com

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.