Fri, Sep 20, 5:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Saving buildings with opening doors and windows appropriatly?

chris1972 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 4:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:35 AM

I'm making a scene that will eventually contain several buildings. I have made the first building with opening doors and windows that are opened with morph targets. The windows and doors are seperate components. I was wanting the user to be able to load the building from the props library complete with windows and doors in place and morph targets intact without loading each seperately. I'm familiar with creating morph targets for distribution with v4 figures .
Do I need to rig the doors and windows with a "skeleton" for this to work and then save as a figure instead of a prop, or is there a better solution?
Chris

geep ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 5:04 PM · edited Fri, 13 June 2008 at 5:06 PM

Hi Chris,

You can do that or ...
When you "Save" it as a prop ... click the "Select Subset" button and include all the object you want to go with it.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

muralist ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 5:17 PM · edited Fri, 13 June 2008 at 5:17 PM

I make buildings as figures; theres a great tutorial at http://www.cocs.com/poser/makingfigure1.htm

chris1972 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 6:48 PM

Props and prop subsets worked exactly the way I wanted it to. I will also check out the figure tutorial.
Thanks guy's
Chris
P.S I saw the the subsets option when I saved it the first time, I don't know why I did'nt try it, getting old and feeble minded I guess

geep ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:51 PM

re: old and feeble minded ........................ join the club :lol:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.