Sun, Oct 6, 6:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Have A Look at Michael 4

metabog ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:01 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:17 AM

Looks like a nice new male figure.

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:27 PM

So...........come on DAZ, where oh where is he?

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:30 PM

So that's NOT Apollo Max? :lol:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:37 PM

You know that this is violation, to post images from sneak peeks of Members Only forum on public forums elsewhere?

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:40 PM

Quote - So that's NOT Apollo Max? :lol:

if it wasn't for the title of the thread I would have sworn that was Apollo you know...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 4:50 PM

I don't want to stir the poopie but M4 looks way too much like Apollo. Just my take that's all.

My Facebook Page

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:02 PM

It is funny because from the very first sneak peek people compared him to James (I think)
I suppose the next person in a line after AM is P4NudeMan.

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:43 PM

Looks like Apollo to me.  I think I'll save my money and wait for Anton's 2008 version.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:48 PM

People are gonna say what they want, but Apollo's mesh is COMPLETELY different, and frankly the M4 rig is still obviously inferior at the pecs and shoulders.  I don't see any resemblance at all.

My Freebies

Kattey ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:57 PM

And just like AM he also has one head, two hands and opposite thumbs. Also, from the single picture in still pose I can see all flaws of design, rig, morphing and texturework.
:P

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:02 PM

Awwwww.......I wanted to play with him over the weekend!!!!!! V4 is awaiting her new boyfriend!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:12 PM · edited Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:14 PM

removed out of disgust for my fellow 'human beings'

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:39 PM

Just for the price, you have a hard time to beat Apollo being free. If they PAY me to take M4, I'll sing his virtues. :lol: I long since ceased to be able to afford CGI stuff, unless I build it myself. I just think the whole thing is funny, now. M4 will be out 'soon', DAZ time. I just found it amusing that one of the forms struck me like "It's an Apollo poser!' Well FOR Poser. :laugh: It's funny folks. Don't take this stuff so seriously.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

patorak ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 7:08 PM

LOL!  Think M4 will be fully magnetized,  like V4?

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 7:17 PM

Since the tech has been out for a couple of years now and obviously the market has embraced it, I'd say "of course".

My Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 7:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - So that's NOT Apollo Max? :lol:

if it wasn't for the title of the thread I would have sworn that was Apollo you know...

OMG! I agree. That was the first name that came to mind when I saw the image.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

kathym ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 8:50 PM

How original - not! It looks like just a mix of Apollo and V4 male morphs.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 8:58 PM
  1. This image should be removed, as Kattey said, it is against DAZ forum policy to post information or images from a restricted forum elsewhere.

2. Just because the face is slightly puffy in that particular image does not mean he's an Apollo clone.

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:32 PM

It may be against daz policy but I bet daz will not mind in this case - all advertising is good for them.  they probably hoped someone would do it.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:37 PM

*2. Just because the face is slightly puffy in that particular image does not mean he's an Apollo clone.

• never said he was. just commenting that if I had seen him without being told it was M4, I would have thought it was a morph of apollo. *

make of that what you will but there is no game or secret message or ulterior motive in my statement - only the words you read. anything you read into my words are your own problem.

and yes. I'm in a foul mood. I advise a minimum safe distance.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:52 PM

"make of that what you will but there is no game or secret message or ulterior motive in my statement - only the words you read. anything you read into my words are your own problem."

I didn't say it was you, but we all know what will occur when M4 is finally released and Anton resurfaces.

"and yes. I'm in a foul mood. I advise a minimum safe distance."

I can say the same, thanks to other DAZ-bashers like Sean Martin running around the forums there and criticizing a figure he hasn't even seen or used. Everyone needs to withhold judgment on M4 until he's released.

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:30 PM

file_414916.jpg

> Quote - never said he was. just commenting that if I had seen him without being told it was M4, I would have thought it was a morph of apollo.

*Apollo is a great figure, but really, don't you people ever look at a wireframe?  If anybody can get Apollo's thighs to show muscle definition like in that top pic I'd be impressed to see it.  The topology of the model simply does not support that.  The two models have practically nothing in common.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:36 PM

file_414917.jpg

Side comparison ... there is practically nothing in common between these two models, and if you're seeing a shape similarity between anything you've seen Apollo morphed to and what the mesh on the right can support, it only exists in your head.  And I'm not even a real fan of the V4 mesh any more, it has some serious anatomical flaws e.g. bad latissimus dorsi design and various major flaws in the rig and UVmap.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:40 PM · edited Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_414918.jpg

For completeness... I mean, I guess both figures have two legs, two arms and a head, but the similarity basically ends there.

My Freebies

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:45 PM

thanks pjz99.  Yep clearly very different figures.
Love esther

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:58 PM · edited Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:59 PM

**pjz99

well lets see. not having a wireframe of M4 guess what I could not do that.****

NOW STOP TWISTING MY WORDS and go provoke someone else. I am NOT playing your games. I saw ONE picture and made a comment. YOU are the one now making that comment into more than it is.

STOP TROLLING NOW.

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 11:13 PM

oh and just how are we supposed to compare a mesh thats not publically released yet? use logic!

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 11:30 PM

Considering that the A4/H4 meshes are just morphs of V4, it is also inconceivable to think that the M4 mesh is going to be based on V4.  Right. ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Velshtein ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 11:39 PM

And here I thought since Aiko4 was a morph for V4, that the V4.2 male morph was - ah never mind.

Velshtein ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 11:43 PM

Oh yeah.

And my first impression was it looks like Apollo Max.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:31 AM

Quote - oh and just how are we supposed to compare a mesh thats not publically released yet?

good point...which also leads me to wonder why people would be already complaining about a mesh that they haven't had a chance to use and pointing out supposed flaws based upon sample renders in everyday, basic poses.

as someone who HAS gotten to use it...I am tickled pink with it :)

Brandy

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:33 AM

Quote - I am tickled pink with it :)

Hoping that is a euphemism. :tt2: :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Kattey ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:35 AM · edited Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:46 AM

Quote -  It may be against daz policy but I bet daz will not mind in this case - all advertising is good for them.  they probably hoped someone would do it.
Love esther

Acutally,  no, I don't think so. They removed the same images from their very own Commons forums.
Sneak peeks are part of paid membership. If people want to see images of M4 (or everyone else) earlier, they should subscribe to PC.
When somebody's else artwork is reposted somewhere without a permission people tend to be offended very much, regardless of how much "free advertisement" this repost gives to them in theory. Why now the situation should be different?

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 2:58 AM

I'm sorry I brought up the comparison now. With only one pic to compare, how can anyone who isn't a beta tester on M4 compare rigs or meshes? I don't have M4, and not a beta tester on it!

Lordy,his thread needs to be locked or removed.  Jeez, you folks are in a really foul mood! :blink: I guess a lot of people must have lost money in the stock market.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 3:24 AM

It looks like AM, but that is superficial analysis.

The actual meshes look completely different - but only using an exemplary model (V4) against AM at this premature time.  But, does anyone here think that M4 is going to have a completely different topology than V4?  ReallY?  I mean, REALLY?  Have you been following DAZ for any time lately?  Really?

(Is my point getting through at all?)

In other words, has DAZ every deviated 91000 degrees in its current version models so that one is completely different from the other?  They are self-admittedly aiming for UBIQUITY among these figures (most especially in topology) in each version.

My case rests on the overwhelming evidence...

Court adjourned.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 4:30 AM

Quote - **well lets see. not having a wireframe of M4 guess what I could not do that.

NOW STOP TWISTING MY WORDS and go provoke someone else. I am NOT playing your games. I saw ONE picture and made a comment. YOU are the one now making that comment into more than it is.  STOP TROLLING NOW.**

Don't be such a drama queen, I didn't say anything direct and personal about you at all.  Do you even know what "trolling" means?  Tsk.  Is this your "foul mood"?  I suggest a strong laxative!

What in the world makes you think that M4 will have a different mesh from V4?  I mean I guess DAZ could, against all common sense, just invent a new model from scratch for M4, but they've been showing their philosophy with the Gen 3/Unimesh figures for quite some little while now, what makes you think they'd suddenly do everything differently this time around?

Can anybody point to SPECIFIC things about this pic that appear to be "just like Apollo", and maybe without the hissy fit?

My Freebies

ajsavill ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 5:13 AM

Quote - For completeness... I mean, I guess both figures have two legs, two arms and a head, but the similarity basically ends there.

Thanks for the comparison - is that the actual FINAL M4 mesh on the right in the images?

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 6:24 AM
  1.  No posting pics from the Members Only forum at DAZ.  People pay for their membership there, and the previes of the figures are a privelege, not a free-for-all.

2.  Please keep it civil, folks.   

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 6:29 AM

I think the comparisons are more along the lines of my cousin looks like Will Smith and not meant to be twisted into a mesh comparison. In that particular image he does resemble  Apollo. However, there were quite a few images posted in that preview thread and one might have elicited comments that he looks like Rikishi...

kalonart.com

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:10 AM

From what I can see of M4 in this thread he's not that impressive but having nothing to look at doesn't really help me make up my mind whether to buy him or not.

Anyway V4 looks like Apollo too if you ask me.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

metabog ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:11 AM

My apologies for posting that image. I sincerely meant no harm to anyone. I blame myself. I hate myself. Forgive me for instigating this hateful thing that I have done.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:18 AM · edited Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:19 AM

Never! You are hereby banished to the Art Zone where no-one will ever hear from you again. ;)

ps I'm kidding, don't worry about it :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 7:26 AM

somehow I think DAZ will forgive you.
Love esther

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 9:59 AM

Quote - Thanks for the comparison - is that the actual FINAL M4 mesh on the right in the images?

I don't have any special "inside" info, but it seems terribly unlikely the mesh will be any different from the current distribution of V4.  DAZ has had a decade of highly profitable and successful experience pushing the Unimesh family of figures, and I can't imagine they'll suddenly change their practice now.  Shown was the current V4 with the "Male" morph applied at 1.

Seriously, if somebody can morph Apollo's legs to show muscle like what's already been seen I'm quite interested to see it done.

My Freebies

replicand ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 10:56 AM

As always, late to the party.

In another thread, M4 pics were posted and I agree that superficially he resembles Apollo. Looking at the wireframes though, holy crick, I didn't realize Apollo is so "poly-heavy". His topographic design is really impressive though, and I bet he deforms very well.

I'm still waiting for low-poly, subD-able figures.

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:06 AM

Well, I don't know that apologies are warranted. I think we all saw exactly what DAZ wanted us to see. And, no, this is not a slam against DAZ. If nothing else, DAZ demonstrates consistently that they are aware of marketing concepts-- and that they're pretty damned good at them.

They're about to release their new flagship male figure... They look around at the competition, (competition being any male figure with any significant marketshare that was not made by DAZ) far ahead of the pack is Apollo, mid way are the G2 figures and then pulling up the rear are Rikishi, Clarke and Vincent Parker. Well, they can't compete with Vincent Parker, because his strength is low polygons, not an area DAZ has a strong interest in... The promo pictures released in the preview thread had the now detached Apolloish image, an image that had a Clarkish feel (young, soft male) and a large rotund figure -- clearly Rikishish. Earlier images I've heard described as looking like James.

The message is clear. If you like those looks, M4 can capture them. The more subtle message is that you can have your "Apollo (Clark, Rikishi, James) Look" with DAZ "support". With the preponderance of clothing converters on the market one of the greatest deterrents to the success of all the other male models has been the lack of good or great texture maps. Right out of the gate, preceding the figure's release, you know that you can use TC2 to convert all of your favorite M3/D3/H3 or Freak textures to M4. You know that the clothing converters will produce plugins for M4. You know that DAZ will produce clothing for him. Not as much as for V4, but certainly more than any of the competition, with the possible exception of the G2 men.

So, yeah, I agree with Esther. The image was removed, but it served DAZ's purpose. It increased chatter, which leads to interest, anticipation, speculation... All things that DAZ  wants to precede the release.

My guess as to the release date is October 9... Steal whatever thunder Content Paradise /Smith-Micro can muster for the long awaited release of Olivia.

kalonart.com

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:48 AM

@Kalon-
I cannot access the CP forums for some reason today and a product search comes up with "Olivia" as a Miki 2 morph.
What is the "Olivia" you refer to ?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:51 AM

pjz yes the arm/shoulder issue. naturally we only have a few renders to see, but it looks like a mixed result so far. the underarm cut is not as horrible as V4's, but it appears they are still hedging with a bulge in the upper arm. they think they can get away with that because most people buff out their male characters and the 'bulge' becomes part of exaggerated musculature.

However, it would not be an exaggerated statement to say that Daz and their promo people do not necessarily know how to show off their model to its best advantage! So evaluation in detail on release is called for.

If you've gone past V4 for the reasons given, which I share, what human model(s) are you using? I know you are a modeler, but for the general posing public????

::::: Opera :::::

operaguy ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:53 AM

replicand what about the V4 lo res 17K?

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:05 PM

@ Gini

Olivia was/is to be the counterpart female of KelvinG2-- an african-american female model.

Maybe this link will get you into the forums: http://www.contentparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10002&highlight=Olivia

kalonart.com

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:07 PM

tnx kalon. The link did the trick.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.