Sun, Oct 6, 4:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is it okay to ask about Poser Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales?

dasquid ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 2:55 PM

Quote - LOL wall of text that actually makes sense from beginning to end.

Very Well said Gagnonrich.

MikeJ ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 3:57 PM

Come on people. Who cares? Can't you all find something better to argue about?
Do some Googling or something. Find some free modeling and texturing programs and make your own crap. Start up your own site or something.

Quote -
uh uh.  a sale for only a couple of days can be easily missed.

Yeah? And? Worst case scenario, you save some money.

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2008 at 10:35 PM

*Find some free modeling and texturing programs and make your own crap. *

Anyone who has time for this controversy should have ample time to master modeling and texturing. 

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

donquixote ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:11 AM

And anyone who has time to bash everyone else for participating in this thread should have ample time to go off and become a world class brain surgeon ...

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:28 AM

Yeah, it was pretty brutal to suggest people can make their own stuff.  

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

donquixote ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:47 AM

Whatever.

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 1:56 AM

Quote - Yeah, it was pretty brutal to suggest people can make their own stuff.  

Some people have the talent to make their own stuff, and some don't, hell I WANT to learn how to do my own stuff but I just don't have the time (yeah I don't have the time even though I do have the time to post in threads like this that annoy some of you so much.)

Just because some of you guys don't like these threads doesn't mean that some people may want to voice their opinions.
Those of you that don't like these threads can just as easily not waste your time reading or posting in them. It would seem like the sensible thing to do now wouldn't it?

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 9:19 AM

Quote - Just because some of you guys don't like these threads doesn't mean that some people may want to voice their opinions.
Those of you that don't like these threads can just as easily not waste your time reading or posting in them. It would seem like the sensible thing to do now wouldn't it?

Thank you, Dasquid...

There it is in a nutshell. This reflected belief that any forums contents must always please you... must always be of interest to you... It's so simple, you have choice. If you're not interested, don't look at this thread. Or if you've looked and find it's not to your liking, move on to something of more interest to you...

My understanding is that the rigid enforcement of these rules is the result of people complaining about too much linking to other products. At least, that was cited in earlier discussions. While I can understand concerns from a business aspect-- merchants fearing poser dollars will be spent elsewhere, the other side of the coin is that while I'm posting and reading in these forums I'm subjected to a variety of ads-- many of which (addict that I am) I succumb to. But if the strict enforcement of these rules change things to the extent that I go elsewhere for news, I'm not here to see those ads...

I've been offline since Wednesday, and on returning I see basically the same threads are still on the front page. Used to be a time when if you posted something and it didn't get a response within a few hours, you had to bump it from page 2 or 3 to get it back into the mix.Maybe it's just my perception, but it definitely seems Poser forum participation is down.

It seems strange to me that a site would limit outside linking, when the object is to support a software, sold elsewhere, that is so firmly intertwined with content-- the major components of which are located at yet another site... How many posts have there been by newbies, looking for Victoria in their runtimes?

Thank you StacyG for revisiting this. I've always thought the Renderosity forums were the most informative and the place where you were most likely to get an honest, non-biased opinion from the membership-- or at least variations in opinion.Be a shame to lose that.

kalonart.com

MikeJ ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 10:39 AM

Quote - Just because some of you guys don't like these threads doesn't mean that some people may want to voice their opinions.

Those of you who don't like these types of comments to these types of threads don't have to read them or comment either.
That argument doesn't make any sense. If everyone who ever didn't "like" certain threads or topics threads restrained from commenting in such threads, they would be kind of one-sided, wouldn't they be? Just one massive love-in or whine-fest.

All I was saying is the information is out there. You have the Free Stuff, the MP Showcase (or whatever it's called), the Front Page for major sale announcements, the Newsletter... other sites such as DAZ and their forums and Art Zone, a whole lot of miscellaneous Poser junk sites all over the 'net, and finally the Almighty Google

But noooooo... Poser people want what they want, where, when and how they want it and if even the people who own the site disagree it must be bad and wrong - because, dammit, Poser people DESERVE to get what they want no matter who likes it or not.

The militant vocal faction of the Poserverse seems unique in that respect. Probably because it's made up largely of amateurs, hobbyists, and little kids. Look around at some of the "pro" 3D sites like CG Talk and Autodesk's Area forums - you don't see this kind of crap tolerated.

So why should it be here? Why should RO have to allow something they don't want just because a handful of people think it's wrong?
With the ENORMOUS amount of Poser information "out there" all over the WWW, why is it so unreasonable that a forum dedicated to the discussion of a certain software and techniques therein remain free of all those ad threads?

Wait, I already answered my own question- Poser people want what they want, when they want it, how, where, and when they want it...

Never mind that maybe the site owners and adnins don't like the idea - that's irrelevant.

dasquid ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 11:31 AM

Quote -
The militant vocal faction of the Poserverse seems unique in that respect. Probably because it's made up largely of amateurs, hobbyists, and little kids. Look around at some of the "pro" 3D sites like CG Talk and Autodesk's Area forums - you don't see this kind of crap tolerated.

So why should it be here? Why should RO have to allow something they don't want just because a handful of people think it's wrong?

Oh so now WE are the militant vocal faction? what about the few people who complained about ..." too many ads" when there were never that many to begin with. what the poser community is made up from is irrelevant it is not what is important and getting insulting is about what I should come to expect from someone with their opinion set in stone. This isn't "elitist talk" or "I have more cash than you so Im more important than you" here this is Renderosity. I think everyone here is equal unless you are a mod or admin and I only see a few of those tags in this thread and none of them are making judgements like you are.

If I remember correctly from what the various admins have said about the situation and what brought this insane (in my opinion only) tos change, was people complaining about the commercial and freebie threads in the Poser forum. Oh my god Renderosity admins changed something because a handfull of people complained because they thought it was wrong?

To the Admins: Sorry if this reply here was way over the top  you may delete it if you think it is necessary to keep the thread unlocked or even just to delete whatever you think is  too much. I am just tired of  people acting like the ones who don't think this particular TOS change is such a good idea are a tiny fraction of the population of Renderosity. The only true way to make sure would be to have a poll of some sort but thats all up to you guys.

dasquid

JenX ( ) posted Sun, 30 November 2008 at 11:35 AM

I think everyone has said their peace.  If anyone has any further concerns on the topic, please email admin@Renderosity.com 

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.