Wed, Oct 2, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: By Far the Best Software Ever Offered at Renderosity 5 Star Review

Leonardis ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 9:13 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:41 PM

Long Standing forum members might know me in the past for critical and sometimes extremely critical comments on items and software on offer here. This time it is the opposite, and I don't quite understand why this product isn't emblazened at the top of Renderosity's market place headline banner for all time.

I am referring to a brilliant, elegant, superb utility called :

Morphing Clothes.

In just a few short seconds it does what other software we all have grappled with in the past takes sometimes hours to do. This little utility is amazing and should really be adopted and embedded in EVERY clothing item made by every addon developer at Renderosity.  What it does, in literally seconds is this:

You load ANY figure with one or a hundred morphs....there are no limits...V3, V4..whatever you like. You then load in ANY clothing item. You can choose all morphs or single out the ones you wish to use. You pick a target output file location and WOOOSH!!! Your entire figure's morphs are instantly transferred to that clothing item. The clothing item's own (usually very limited) morphs can also be retained or discarded. The same process used to take other applications between several minutes and up to one hour to do, and even then you had to spend endless time tweaking. But this has all been blown away.

You have to use this software to appreciate how many hours and hours you will save mucking around with the woefully inadequate morphs which come with almost all addon clothing, and forgive me for turning negative in this regard, but I have been banging on for a couple of years now about how clothing designers really should not expect to get away with designing clothes which have ridiculously inadequate morphs. Hardly anyone uses default V3 and V4 settings so why do clothing designers make the assumption that they should?

Now with this fantastic software no-one has any excuses. I humbly suggest designers contact the author of this brilliant addon and come to some agreement to include his excellent work within their products...or perhaps he prefers to keep it independent. Either way this revolutionary piece of software has proved that morphs are not impossible to handle quickly and efficiently.

I hasten to add that I have no connection with the author whatsoever and this review is written by a fussy customer who has never poured praise on anything before.  I hope the author makes a small fortune.....he deserves every penny.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=64629&

Leonardis

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 9:24 PM

thank you for the tip, I may check in it and buy it...

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 11:15 PM

Dimension3D rawks! :)  I think he is right behind PhilC in his Poser support.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 1:20 AM

I can only agree here, this is a damn fine program.
Have even used it to transfer morphs between similar looking characters (V2 to V3V2).

Regards / Jonny

rowlando ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 1:25 AM

dose it place all the morphs in separate areas such as breast, legs, fullbody, head etc?

From what I read this program will only copy morphs from clothing compatible ( made for ) the same figure, is this also true?

I think from a perspective of product development, then adding all and every morph into clothing is so useful to the user. Sounds like a program for all developers. maybe other than wardrobe wizard which is great for all uses. but still has its flaws.

Thanks Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 4:48 AM · edited Sat, 27 September 2008 at 4:51 AM

I totally agree: this is one of the best programs I bought recently. In combination with crossdresser is it a better program than wardrobe wizard (sorry Phil)
To show an important option: Say you bought GND or one of the new elite morphs for V4 and you have a piece of cloth that hasn't the morphs for it. Within 10 minutes Morphing clothes transports the right morphs in your cloths.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 5:11 AM

Well I hope this works well, I have been having trouble with other programs, but that could be user error.  Do you have to purchase any plug in's for different models?  Sharen

P5y ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 5:12 AM

Question,..

Skirts done by hongyu are great. I do animations , and I want the skirt to simply move with the legs by themselves so I dont have to mess around animating the skirt for a 1000 frames

I get depressed however at other skirts because they simply dont move with the legs. The legs just poke through them as if they are not there.

Will this program solve my problems?

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 8:31 AM

Hi Sharen!

The program works with any character (to my knowledge) from scratch, as long as the clothing is made for the specific character it gets the job done recreating the morphs in the clothing.

I usually transfer/recreate full bodymorphs from character to clothing, a big plus is that the program is fast as ligthning.

This program should be a part of Poser 8 me think.

P5y.

Unfortunately I dont know the answer to your question, hope someone else answers on that.

Regards / Jonny

Dimension3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 10:43 AM

Thank you for the kind review and comments about my software.

To answer the questions:

Since the algorithm is based only on the distance between points in the source (figure) and target (clothing) geometry, you can transfer morphs with Morphing Clothes between almost everything. However, the result will be useful only if the overall shape of both figures are similar enough. There's no need for plugins or figure-specific configurations.

You also can transfer movement morphs from one skirt to another, if the skirts are similar enough. However, whether this will help when animating a figure with a skirt, depends on other factors as well. Dynamic skirts are probably the best solution for animations.

Dimension 3D - Poser Tools, Poser Props and Morphs, Cinema 4D Plugins, and more

Renderosity Store / D3D Web Site

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 11:02 AM

Another happy morphing clothes customer here. While the morphs aren't  always 100% perfect, they come closer then anything else I've used, and you can fix things with the poser morphing brush, or an external application.

Only thing I might like to see is inflate and deflate options, like wardrobe wizard has.

And this thing is faaaaast, so doing conversions, and testing them is a speedy process.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 3:08 PM

Okay being the dense old fart I am I need clarification this program is not a clothes converter correct?

It is only to create body morphs in clothes for a character that clothes are made for? Example if I had a full figured V4 and the clothes I wanted to put her didn't have that full figured morph target I'd use Morphing Clothes to get the full figured body morph of V4 in to the clothing yes?

I cannot take a set of clothes for V4 and stick them on V3 right?

Just wanted to know before I pull the trigger on this cool utility.

Thanks!

My Facebook Page

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 5:14 PM

Yes pagan artist, just just creates morphs to fit the same figure the clothing was designed for originally.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 6:25 PM

Cool thanks!

My Facebook Page

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 7:21 PM

wish I could run it on my mac somehow.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 4:28 AM

i have to admit it is excellent software, and the only custom morph program i use now as the results are excellent and fast
5 million stars from me

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 2:55 AM

Yep, another very satisfied customer here too! :biggrin:

UA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 7:37 AM

So this is like an updated version of The Tailor? 
(just trying to figure out what it does, and doesn't :o) )

I never had much luch with The Tailor. Perhaps this'll work better :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 9:28 AM

This program destroys the Tailor with shock-and-awe. 
Tailor - 20 minutes
Morphing Clothes - 1/2 second

How is this possible???  I don't know, but it works.

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 9:49 AM

This program is great, I have been using it instead of PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard to add morphs. How ever I do have a request for a feature of the program, I does create Inj Poses but not remove Inj.
Dimension 3D could you add this in the next version?

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 10:27 AM

Yep, D3D's Morphing Clothes is brilliant - a must have.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Klebnor ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:04 AM

No one had mentioned it, but I think one of the best features is the ability to save a version of a character set (ie the morphs you regularly transfer).  This saves even more time transferring frequently used morphs for a favorite character to different clothing.  Also, using the option to save a copy allows multiple versions of the same clothing item (with an appropriate naming convention) to be saved in the same runtime folder.

The results have been incredible (speed and quality) on everything I've thrown at it so far.

It even works on a parented prop!

Great utility - used constantly.

Klebnor der untershied

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 7:23 AM

I just want to say Thank you to Dimension3D for helping me figure out what I was doing wrong and get back on track.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

zai ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:27 AM

I'll second a Mac version here. I've looked at it several times but keep having to pass. Although with the new mac for hubby coming in a bit I MAY be able to run it on VM Ware.

zai

Rendo Store | Freebies | RDNA Store

Sambucus ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 3:46 AM

Lets see if I`ve got this right. If I give M3 a fat bloke morph but the clothing I want to use does not have a fat bloke morph dial, this app will make one. Right? So how about if the clothing was originally from Laura, to use an extreme example, converted to M3 in crossdresser, would that still work?

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 4:17 AM

I've used it to transfer morphs from standard characters, like V2 for instance, to Hybrid characters such as V3/V2 that do not have their own morphs. Works pretty well.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Dimension3D ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 9:09 AM

Right Sambucus, any morphs that are in the M3 figure (or injectible into M3) can be transferred to a clothing for M3 that misses these morphs. If the converted clothes work correct with M3, you can use Morphing Clothes to transfer any morphs from M3 to the converted clothes.

Sambucus ( ) posted Fri, 17 October 2008 at 2:06 PM

Thanks for the info. Ring up another sale!

rowlando ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 7:24 PM

dose this programme, transfer morphs to cloths converted say from A3 to V4.

I mean will it still put the V4 morphs in the converted item??

Would someone test it for me.

Rowlando

rowlando ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2008 at 7:26 PM

Sorry I think you have already answered this question

Thanks Rowlando

westcat ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 11:07 AM

can you transfer movement morphs between clothes?  such as wind movement between hair figures, or dress or skirt length between two skirts or dresses?

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 11:09 AM

nope

It also won't do my taxes, or take out the trash either.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 12:53 PM

Well, in general, you can use Morphing Clothes to transfer any morphs between any figure. But the resulting morphs will be useful or well working only, if the source and target figure have a similar enough shape.

Daidalos ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 2:15 PM

Well I know what I"ll be using some of my poser budget for now! Thanks for the heads up about this program.

"The Blood is the life!"

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 3:46 PM

This sounds very interesting.

So.. Just to see if I've understood it right, if I make a custom morph for M4 - can I then make ordinary M4 clothes fit?

And (and I'm sure this is in the readme but I might as well ask here) Let's say again that I've made a custom morph, can I then supply a (for instance) rtf encoded file of some clothes WITH morphs made in this program?)

Example: I've made a fat morph for M4. I take a pair of pants already made for M4 by someone else. Add the fat morph (if possible) and rte encode the pants so they're distributional. Is that withint the EULA of this program?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 4:25 PM

Yes, Morphing Clothes works for any morph, no difference whether standard or custom. You can transfer your custom morphs to any clothes for that figure.

You are allowed to do with the transferred morphs whatever you like, including distribution, of course only if this respects third party copyrights.

Binary morph injections or loader-CR2s (which are alternate output formats of Morphing Clothes) are probably better ways to distribute the morphs instead of RTF encoding.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 4:59 PM

Damn! You're after my Tax refund again D3D! :tt2:

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 5:43 PM

Damn, yet another great item added to my WIshlist...
now, I just need to render a bank, to pilfer, to pay for it all! :D

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 6:30 PM

Well this is encouraging, a one button fix that is fast...gotta love it!

Comitted to excellence through art.

uncle808us ( ) posted Thu, 22 January 2009 at 8:10 PM

Will there be a Mac version?

MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 12:34 AM · edited Fri, 23 January 2009 at 12:37 AM

Quote - Thank you for the kind review and comments about my software.

To answer the questions:

Since the algorithm is based only on the distance between points in the source (figure) and target (clothing) geometry, you can transfer morphs with Morphing Clothes between almost everything. However, the result will be useful only if the overall shape of both figures are similar enough. There's no need for plugins or figure-specific configurations.

You also can transfer movement morphs from one skirt to another, if the skirts are similar enough. However, whether this will help when animating a figure with a skirt, depends on other factors as well. Dynamic skirts are probably the best solution for animations.

An excellent piece of work.  I like it very much!  I don't use it to actually produce character morphs in clothing though.  I use a 3D program for that to do tweaks.  But, what I do use it for is adding all the basic figure morphs to the clothing so that poke-thru and basic morphs can be adjusted on the fly.  It's simply amazing.  Nothing has been this useful since Morph Manager came out and that it high praise indeed.

It is an excellent bit of software and amazingly fast!  I'll be looking forward to seeing your next product.  Thanks!

PS - The only thing I would really wish for is a better tutorial.  Your's covers all the bases but it's not exactly written for a novice to understand easily.  I'd love to see someone, anyone, post an in depth tutorial on this great product.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 5:44 AM

Will this program work with Capsces great morphs, such as Posy for Kiki or Mae for Sadie.  I love Beth's morphed characters, but would really love it if they had more clothing options!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 7:24 AM

It will work with Capsces morphs. It analyses the changes in clothing, so it works with everything.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Dimension3D ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 12:06 PM

uncle808us: There will be no Mac version of Morphing Clothes. However, it can be used on a Mac when emulating Windows.

rockets: Morphing Clothes works with all and any kind of morphs. The application doesn't know who made a morph and it contains no prebuild information about any particular morphs.

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 23 January 2009 at 1:59 PM

That's great...thanks!

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 8:58 AM

Hi,

I tried this product, and it is wonderful!  I have a question though...if I model a bodice, for instance, for V4, am I allowed to transfer her morphs to that bodice and sell the bodice with the transferred morphs -- to save hours of work with the magnets?

I realize I could not transfer another bodice-modeler's custom morphs to my bodice, but since the item is to be modeled for V4 -- and I'm using her morphs to make the item more versatile...

Do you see what I'm asking?  Is it okay to 'make morphs' this way -- with your morph maker?

Thanks,

Jan

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Dimension3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 11:00 AM

There are no restrictions about using the files and morphs created by Morphing Clothes - as far as I am concerned as the author of Morphing Clothes. You can distribute them and include them in your commercial products.

However, it's up to you to make sure that you don't violate any third party copyrights, e.g. of DAZ 3D in case of V4 morphs. If you are not sure about this, you have to ask the copyright holder for the morphs.

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 1:49 PM

Thanks!  :-)

I did call DAZ yesterday, and the tech guy couldn't answer that question.  He said that, as far as he understood it, the only way copyright could be violated is if I used the actual geometry in V4, which I most definitely did NOT and never will.  Lordy, that'd be a nightmare to uv map properly -- in Lightwave anyway.

Maybe I should email DAZ...this is confusing...a morph is just calculations, right?  Moving x number of vertices this way and y number that way...I wonder if a 'morph,' in itself, is protected by copyright.  Not that I want to use anyone's but V4's, but...

Still, your software is wonderful!  I saw people mention that it should be part of every content developer's arsenal, so I'm assuming people are using it in the way I mentioned...

So...does anyone else have anything to throw in?  Any..."I've used Vicky's morphs in my commercial clothing and didn't violate any rules?"

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Dimension3D ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:04 PM

I know of other vendors using Morphing Clothes to transfer morphs to clothings, and I don't think there is a problem with copyrights. But I can't give a definite statement about this, simply for legal reasons and because it is a somewhat difficult issue.

Of course a morph is copyrighted, but it's also for sure that a fitting morph in a clothing is usually not considered a copyright infringement. Hence it should make no difference whether the morph in the clothing was created manually, by magnets, or by Morphing Clothes.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:17 PM

Since there is some expectation that conforming clothing will fit the figure that it is modeled for, even though creating a fitting morph (whether by hand or by automation) is technically a derivative work, it is an extremely common exception.  I guess if some figure maker wanted to be very hard core, they could refuse permission for third parties to design fitting morphs for conforming clothing intended for a given figure, but I haven't heard of anyone being this restrictive.

It wouldn't matter if you generated a fitting morph by hand or by automation, it's a derivative work in any case.

My Freebies

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:21 PM

I must have looked at this product 4 dozen times and because i did not really understand it I never considered it! Thank you all for 1) this post, 2) the explainations, 3) the questions I had, and lastly the ringing endorsements! I feel i can buy with confidence! :)

Cha-Ching! ThanX to you D3D!

Hugs

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.