Fri, Sep 20, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 2:05 PM

Connie, when my Panner went through this they had me feed him strained baby meat, mostly turkey or lamb. Because it is high protein tho, be careful of her kidneys (*ask your vet), also a teaspoon of flat beer has carbs to put on weight. (*again ask your vet!) ; ).

Please post a pic of Tigger for me! 

Hugs

Ariana 

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 2:06 PM

From the sounds of things and given how long this has gone on, I must say she shows signs of improvement.  Instead of getting weaker and weaker she does appear to be rebounding somewhat, and the fact that the neck incision is healing shows good signs that her immune system has not shut down or become over taxed in dealing with toxins and other things wrong inside her.  I do hope she continues to hold her own and get better.   Perhaps more than can be done about the tumor to help her.  It is obvious that she does not consider herself licked by this thing just yet!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 2:46 PM

Quote -
Connie, when my Panner went through this they had me feed him strained baby meat, mostly turkey or lamb. Because it is high protein tho, be careful of her kidneys (*ask your vet), also a teaspoon of flat beer has carbs to put on weight. (*again ask your vet!) ; ). Please post a pic of Tigger for me! 

The doc told me to use A/D prescription diet, which is specially made for animals recovering from surgeries or illnesses, making sure they get the calories and balance they need, and have something easily digestable and low residue.

He also has me supplementing it with Gatorade, to keep her fluids and electolytes and carbs on the high end. Protein is what causes most of the toxins (it's waste product is ammonia, which is the major toxin that she can't eliminate). Also, her poopy medicine, Lactulose, also binds ammonia. Lactulose doesn't get processes through the liver, but goes straight through her.

We tried milk thistle and some aditional vitamins, but those made her feel worse :(

Here's another pic of her (I don't have any recent ones handy)
She's around 4 in this pic.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 3:05 PM

Ah! she is so pretty!!! Definitely looks in charge of her surroundings!!! (*TU!)

The foods I spoke of are very gentle and easy to digest (*and pass!) so maybe ask if they might be introduced to help perk her appetite up. After all, I had Panner on Feline CD his entire life due to bladder infection preclivity. And in the long run it was good...but not all that exciting. You know best what perks her tail and tickles her whiskers!

Big hugs to you both!

Ariana

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:03 AM · edited Mon, 09 February 2009 at 5:11 AM

We've had some success with abcesses healing (once they're past the first ikky stage!), using turmeric cut 50/50 with talc, it's anti-fungal and mildly anti-biotic.  Works wonders on athlete's foot lol.  Our vet said there's no harm for cats and our Biff has regular abcesses due to his run-ins with the local magpies and ravens!

arbee999 ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 6:44 AM

Beautiful pic Connie - and better news!

Glad Tigger is doing better - keeping you both in my thoughts and my three furries send purrs and muzzle rubs 😄

davlin ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 6:54 AM

Glad to hear there is a change for the better We have her in our thoughts Dave and Linda

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 12:08 PM

Sending Tigger Kisses and Wishes to you both!!!

Hugs

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:32 PM

Eh, 30 min till lunch, till I can run home and check on her, and feed her and snuggle her up. Can't wait.
I had to giver her a little bath last night, I didn't catch her pee in time, so she got yucked up. She was mad at me after that.
She's getting skinnier and skinnier... I hope I can somehow find a balance thaere... feed her enough to maintain, but not get too pukey or toxic. She was alert and snuggly in the morning when I fed and snuggled her up, and made her bed before running off to work.

Must be PMS time again, everything gets me extra emotional last day or two...

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 09 February 2009 at 1:39 PM

Connie, please ask your vet about the strained meats, it put weight on Panner very gradually, but safely. Gentle on the tummy and the bowels. Thinking of you both.

Hugs

Ariana 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 12:00 PM

Well, we had pukies last night and this morning... I cleander her up and gave her some electrolites and medicine this morning, and had to go to work. She had just puked after a 4AM feeding (at 7AM).
Usually I'd wait anhour for her tummy to settle and give her more food, but I had to run. I'll be home to feed her at lunch today.  She did show interest in treats, so I left her with a pile of them to nibble on. She does nibble on her own.
I hope the pukies were temporary.

Before the pukies last night she was all purrs and snuggles, MAJOR PURRS. She spent the nigh in the bedroom in her cubby next to my bed. She hadn't done that in a week or so, she didn't want to be moved from the den. Probably moving her arund was a bit too much for her.

I wish I had a webcam on her... Luckily, the office where I'm temping for some engineering work at the moment is only 5 miles away, and I can run home at lunch. I've been out of work since last March, so I had to take this...  I thought abut not taking it because of Tigger being ill... This way, if she gets fit for a surgery, I'll actually have some money for it...

Well, that's Tigger report for today, back to work now ...

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 2:04 PM

Hugs to Tigger and You!!!

have a wonderful day, so glad she is a bit better!

Hugs

Ariana

emay68 ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 5:26 PM

Thanks for the update.  Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

shadownet ( ) posted Tue, 10 February 2009 at 8:10 PM

Sorry to hear Tigger was sick today.  I think she must have been feeling sorry for me as I did taxes! That's enough to make anyone puke!  Sure hopes she has a better day tomorrow.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 3:35 AM

Thanks for the update!  We're glad she's well enough to take an interest; Tigger must have got some norishment from her food in the three hours before she threw up.  Enjoy the good days and know that Tigger knows she is loved.  Our Ninja confounded the vet and outlived expectations, probably due to the expensive food we gave him, as the vet said we need'nt keep him on his strict diet :)  All our good wishes for you and the family.

arbee999 ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 4:17 AM

Glad to see your updates, and glad that Tigger's well enough to go to her cubbie.

Good thoughts still beaming your way

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 11 February 2009 at 10:36 AM

Good Morning Connie and Tigger!

We are all thinking bigtime positive thoughts for you both...

Hugs

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 9:38 AM

Tigger Report:
We had a good afternoon yesterday. She made a big poo, all the way across the room in the litterbox. She managed to get off the desk, to the litterboc, actually hit the litterbox which is better then her brother can do on a good day, then she got back on the couch, and nestle in a blanket. When I came home for lunch, she was sitting there purring. She's holding her food down, and purring and snuggling a LOT in the last day or so.
Looks like her pukies yesterday were, again, because she needed to poo.

In the evening, she actually came out of her cubby when I was turning the lights off... which usuallu means, mommy take me with you. I made her bed in her old night-spot, next to my bed, on the nightstand, and she nestled in there. Looked pretty excited about a change of scenery. and purrrred and purrrred. Just like she would always do.

When I see her like that, I start thinking, maybe she'll pull through. Also, her poo is pretty dark, which means somehow the bile is finding it's way out.

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 10:38 AM

Say, that does sound encouraging.  Give Tigger a big hug and remind her we are all rooting for her!

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 11:43 AM

Happiness and hugs for another good day/night

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 11:59 AM

What a great day Connie! You go tigger!!!

Honestly, I think that is really spectacular news... : ) My Hubby is on board with the Tigger watch as well!

Check about the strained meat, adds weight and tastes really nummy!!!

Lots of love and huggs!

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 12 February 2009 at 6:44 PM

Awww, you guys are too cute with Tigger watch :)

I forgot to mention, I did ask the Vet about strained meats, he said that A/D food should have the same effect, but I can give her additional stuff.

Yesterday she ate a little bit of ham on her own, and a lick of her favorite soft food too. Not enough to make a meal. Her tube still bothers her enough to swallow much, so she gives up after a few bites. 

15 min till I go home, I an't wait to see her.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 5:51 AM

So glad to hear Tigger's so comfortable.  We're all on board with the Tigger watch, mum-in-law too!  All the best to Tigger, you and family.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 9:49 AM

Thanks Cardinal Biggles and family :)

Thigger had a really good evening. VERY snuggly, and she was very hungry. Ate a fair amount on her own. Not just nibbles, but about a third of a full meal.
I left her in her cubby in the den, as she was getting snuggled up and nodding off.

In the morning I found her on the couch, on the other side of the den. I'm not sure if she needed to pee, or got disturbed or adventurous. I put her back in the cubby to feed her. She had a pukie when I started feeding her. It was a dry heave. After that things settled down. 
No purring this morning. She seems a bit stressed, uncomfortable, but not a lot. Could be just from moving her, then her brother bugging her while i was mixing their foods.
No drooling or other signs of toxicity.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 11:42 AM

I am so happy she had some real interest in some food in a small quanity!!! Be sure to dilute with a little water to keep it from being too drying in her intestines too! I had forgot to mention that! I have a kitty right now that is a diabetic, I don't have him on insulin, but I manage him with diet. I use a lot of water in his food, it helps to keep them hydrated.

The Baer's have the Tigger watch too!!! We are all puling for your furbaby to recover and thrive for a long time to come! ; )

Love and Hugs to you both!

Ariana (*& Don), Sparky(*the dog), Scooter, Ziggy and Jr(*the one with diabetes) (*The Cats!)

arbee999 ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 12:09 PM

Let's hope for adventurous as far as the couch goes.

Glad to hear that she's still doing OK.

TiggerWatch 2009!!!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 13 February 2009 at 11:48 PM

Tomorrow, February 14th are Tigger's and Bubba's birthdays.
Yesterday was a three week mark since the Vet said she only had few more days left.

We had a nice evening, one little pukie, but that one was my fault for being awkward when I fed her and acidentally mishandled her a little. Nothing bad, but enough to give her a little jolt which makes her puke. Plus since she was wanting to eat more, I increased her food a bit last couple of days. Looks like it's catching up tp her a bit.

She's little more low key today then yesterday. Resting up for her birthday, I would guess.

emay68 ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 12:06 AM

I hope it's a happy birthday for Tigger and Bubba!  (And for you, your honey and the doggie, too!)  😄

sandmarine ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 12:44 AM

just read your thread today... as a cat lover myself, my heart is totally with you and Tigger right at this moment...

all the best for you both!!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 12:49 AM · edited Sat, 14 February 2009 at 12:50 AM

file_424141.jpg

Happy Birthday to Tigger and Bubba!!!

: )

Hugs Love and Happiness!

Ariana and the "Gang"!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 5:26 AM

Happy Birthday Tigger & Bubba!

arbee999 ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 7:06 AM

Happy Birthday Tigger and Bubba!!

Easy on the cake...
(and Happy Valentine's day to you Connie)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 6:40 PM

Aww, THANK YOU everyone. Put a big smile on my face, and made Tiggers and Bubba Purrrrr!
They are 12 years old today.
Happy Valentines to my all dear friends and kitty and animal lover in here!!!!

Tiggers is showing more and more interest in eating, so I made her a special treat in addition to her normal feedings. Also took her outside to spend a little time in the sun. Oh, and my Ex, their first daddy came to visit them and snuggle them up. They get VERY excited when they see him.

They're both catnapping now.

Oooh, and last night, I fell asleep on the couch for a while, waiting for a render... and Tigger got out of her cubby on my desk and made her way to the couch (somehow) and snuggled up next to me :D

emay68 ( ) posted Sat, 14 February 2009 at 10:46 PM

Oh, that all sounds wonderful!  What a beautiful day you had!  That makes my heart feel better.  😄

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 8:04 AM

Thanks for the good news Connie!  We're wishing you all the best.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 1:13 PM

Oh, by the way, Ariana and the gang, special thanks for such a cute card :)

Just fed Tiggers this morning. Things are still looking petty good. What a little sweetheart.

On a different note... My honey took me to a wonderful dinner last night for Valentines, and then he porposed!  (We've been together 5 years, and living together for last two. Sometimes I call him 'hubby' to avoid awkward questions, because we both knew where things were heading.)  Last night however, he officially proposed :).  Apparently he's been planing on it for about 6 months, everyone but me knew about it.

Tigger and Bubba approve. He's even been helping me launder Tiggers poop and puke, so they knew he is a keeper :) 

shadownet ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 1:20 PM

Well sound like everyone there had a great valentine day!  Glad to know Tigger is proving modern science still does not alway know everything.  :O)

arbee999 ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 3:58 PM

Congrats Connie!  👍

Glad the furries approve, and that Tigger's still goin' strong

CreekyPointStudios ( ) posted Sun, 15 February 2009 at 4:46 PM

Congratulations Connie (insert big hug) :)  I've been lurking, sending thoughts to you & Tigger, but this news definitely requires a response :) Any man ready to help clean up poopies & pukies is 100% a keeper :)  And I am so glad to hear that Tigger is still going strong.......cats can have amazing strength & willpower and it sounds like your furbaby is not quite ready to leave you just yet :) all the very best wishes, and if I don't post much/again, my thoughts are with you and I will be lurking keeping up to date on the progress. Hugs & happy thoughts sent your way,

Bella x

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:28 AM

Congratulations Connie and hubby to be!  Mrs. B says that any man who will love you while you're nursing a cat and help with cleaning up is one to hang on to.  All the best to Tigger you and family.

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 8:32 AM

I've been lurking here to and not saying really much.  However, as we are kitty folks too, our hearts are always out to you.  Jan

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 9:09 AM

What great news, Connie!!! Congrats to both you and your hubby 2 B!!!! I just lurk, reading about yours and Tigger's problems. Know that I as an animal lover am thinking of you and your babies in my prayers everyday.

Wishing you and yours the very best!!!

TS

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 10:26 AM

Wow, look at all the new people delurking! You guys are so wornderful. Making me sniffle with happy tears.
Tigger is still doing pretty darn well. Snuggly and clear eyed, I'm slowly increasing her food, so she maintains weight, and she's tolerating it. No signs of toxicity.  I really think the bile found it's way out past the tumor somehow.
I better run.. monday morning at work...

Hugz to you all, people and furbabies!

emay68 ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 5:53 PM

Wow!  Congratulations to you and your honey!  Belladragon said it perfectly, "Any man ready to help clean up poopies & pukies is 100% a keeper!"  And a big "YAY!" for Tigger who continues to amaze and humble me with her strength and tenacity.  *Big Hug  *😄

Lillaanya ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 6:05 PM

Wow congrats on the engagement!  Definately sounds like a keeper.  So glad that Tigger is doing so well too. /hugs

LadyElf ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 7:47 PM

Good news for Tigger and congrats to you sweetie pie!!!

HUGS

Deb

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 4:16 AM

Wonderful news Connie! :)  Hope things continue well.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:38 AM

Tigger watch update!
She pooped another big one yesterday. I put her in the litterbox, and she poopied!!!! YAY.

After that she got very very snuggly (she was little low key the day before). She came out of her cubby to snuggle. I took her to the bedroom with me into her old spot, and we snuggled some more. Then she fell asleep in her usual spot.

This morning we woke up at 5AM, and she came out of her cubby to snuggle. Gave her a feeding and moved her to the office/den. Looks like a good day in the works - I hope!!!
The housekeeper will be there today, so I hope things will go okay, and she won't get too scared.

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:46 AM

Wonderful news!  Good ol Tigger!  :O)

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 11:52 AM

This is such a drastic (and wonderful) change from just a month ago. Seems like someone's keeping an eye on you both.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.