Thu, Sep 19, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: V4 - recurring arm problem

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 1:03 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:31 AM

file_424373.jpg

Okay, this is so basic and recurrent it must be constant problem for others, but I haven't seen it discussed. Whenever I do a bit of arm posing with V4, her forearm loses its placement in relation to the rest of the arm, as can be seen in the image. This seems to occur whether or not limits are turned on. Any solutions?

On an unrelated issue - does figure height resizing (Figure > Figure Height) in Poser work for anyone? Whenever I try to use it, I get grossly oversized hands... or does it only work for Smith Micro figures? Hmm... never tried it with those.... EDIT: Just tried with Olivia G2: makes an even bigger hash of the figure than with V4.

I'm using Poser Pro.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 1:14 AM

Is this with the default morph, or have you spawned a new set of morph targets in some way?  This kind of thing can happen when you've used a "morph" that is actually a bone scale change, and most scripts that auto-spawn morph targets on all body parts will filter out the bone scale change.

Figure Height doesn't work with DAZ figures for sure, other figures by EF "maybe".

My Freebies

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 1:37 AM

I kinda thought it was fallout from my own playing around, but no. This happens with the default V4, even with not so much as Morphs++ applied.

I wonder what Figure Height actually works with if not Olivia. Maybe just the older EF figures. Kinda frustrating, because it's really tough (impossible) to try to change torso length.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

dasquid ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 2:24 AM

Yeah the figure height doesn't work with V4 but it did with V3 I was kind of irritated when I found that it didn't work with V4 because I had used it quite a bit with V3 but now i have to do something else.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 2:59 AM

The Figure Height was made for, and works with, the good old Poser4 characters (also known as Posette and Dork) . ^_^

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 3:05 AM

Quote - I kinda thought it was fallout from my own playing around, but no. This happens with the default V4, even with not so much as Morphs++ applied.

You probably have a fried install of V4.  If you are OK with completely removing, then try this:

Run the uninstaller for V4 if you installed it
Delete the V4 CR2 in FiguresDAZ People
Delete the RuntimeLibraries!DAZVictoria 4 folder
Re-download V4 from DAZ
Install the newest download

If you don't actually remove the RuntimeLibraries!DAZVictoria 4 folder, it can happen that some junk is left in that folder that can screw up your reinstallation.  Hope this helps.

My Freebies

Believable3D ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 3:35 AM

Thanks, pjz. Unfortunately, I turned down the uninstallers... may have to do a manual delete.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 17 February 2009 at 5:26 AM

The suggestion for reloading the uninstaller is to install the model again and make sure to include the uninstaller this time around.  Yeah, PITA, but what else is new?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.