Sun, Sep 22, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Conforming Bodysuit

darman42 ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 7:41 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 5:24 AM

does anyone know of  a free conforming bodysuit for V4?

i need one for a project and, while i would normally just use second skins, a certain amount of depth is required for the clothes. thus, the need for the suit

also, texture templates would be appreciated

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 4:53 PM

Had you considered using displacement mapping to give thickness to painted-on clothes?

I could slap a quick rig on Thip's V4 QuickSuit, but the fit will probably not be ideal without a lot more work (this may be why there isn't a free one). You can make most of V4 invisible underneath it, of course. 

darman42 ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2009 at 5:42 PM

Had you considered using displacement mapping to give thickness to painted-on clothes?

do you have a link to the tutorial for it? and, the most important part, will it work in DAZ?

I could slap a quick rig on Thip's V4 QuickSuit*, but the fit will probably not be ideal without a lot more work (this may be why there isn't a free one). You can make most of V4 invisible underneath it, of course. *

yeah, that would be nice. i just need something to work with,lol.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 8:38 AM

I don't use DAZ|Studio, so I can't help much with that - I do know that it will do displacement, but that's all. I'm sure the folks in the D|S forum would be helpful in fleshing out the details.

I discovered that I hadn't installed the V4 update for OBJ2CR2. Once I have that sorted out, I'll run the QuickSuit through it and see what I get. Do you have a preference for UV mapping style - "bearskin" (one connected piece, with the seam down the back, like V3/V4) or "split front/back" (two separate pieces, with the seams down the sides, like V2)?

darman42 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 8:57 AM

I discovered that I hadn't installed the V4 update for OBJ2CR2. Once I have that sorted out, I'll run the QuickSuit through it and see what I get. Do you have a preference for UV mapping style - "bearskin" (one connected piece, with the seam down the back, like V3/V4) or "split front/back" (two separate pieces, with the seams down the sides, like V2)?

thank you so much. yore the first really helpful person ive found,lol.

umm..whichever one is easier to apply a texture to. I could run it through UV mapper if i had to.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 3:16 PM

file_429203.jpg

> Quote - thank you so much. yore the first really helpful person ive found,lol.

Wait till you see the results before you say that. :-)

Looks reasonable so far, but there's some pokethrough and I have to figure out why the feet don't conform...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 3:18 PM · edited Wed, 22 April 2009 at 3:18 PM

file_429204.png

> Quote - umm..whichever one is easier to apply a texture to. I could run it through UV mapper if i had to.

Here's what the template looks like. It's a bit lopsided, maybe because the mesh wasn't totally symmetrical. I may re-do that as a front-and-back layout, which stands a better chance of being balanced - but gives you more seams. Your choice, depends on what you want to do with it really.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 3:22 PM

Quote - yore the first really helpful person ive found,lol.

Think of it as my "5000 posts" gift to the community. :-) (I only just noticed that I passed that milestone.)

I can't spend too much time on it though, and I don't want to add too many features since I'd rather it didn't compete with DAZ's body suit. Not much chance of that yet. :lol:

darman42 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 4:49 PM

*Wait till you see the results before you say that. :-)

Looks reasonable so far, but there's some pokethrough and I have to figure out why the feet don't conform...*

poke through is ok. thats what a paint program is for,lol.

Here's what the template looks like. It's a bit lopsided, maybe because the mesh wasn't totally symmetrical. I may re-do that as a front-and-back layout, which stands a better chance of being balanced - but gives you more seams. Your choice, depends on what you want to do with it really.*

alright. cant wait,lol.

Think of it as my "5000 posts" gift to the community. :-) (I only just noticed that I passed that milestone.)

I can't spend too much time on it though, and I don't want to add too many features since I'd rather it didn't compete with DAZ's body suit. Not much chance of that yet. *

congratulations,lol. 

and it doesnt have to compete, lol .so long as it works, its awesome.

darman42 ( ) posted Wed, 22 April 2009 at 10:35 PM

hate to be an impatient sha'buir, but any ETA?

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 7:54 AM

Attached Link: v4bodysuit.zip (221KB)

file_429268.png

Oh, about... Now. :P Here's a first try at it, anyway. The feet just started working of their own accord, so I guess Poser must have been playing up last night. I've remapped as a front-back split, which has come out a bit more symmetrical.

Have a play with it and let me know how you get on. That goes for anyone else who may be lurking in this thread, too. :)

darman42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 11:40 AM

Oh, about... Now. :P Here's a first try at it, anyway. The feet just started working of their own accord, so I guess Poser must have been playing up last night. I've remapped as a front-back split, which has come out a bit more symmetrical.

you, sir, are awesome. ill play with it and get back to you on it.

Have a play with it and let me know how you get on. That goes for anyone else who may be lurking in this thread, too. :)

heheh. yeah...you KNOW theres someone

darman42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 12:06 PM

edit above post

wow. thats a LOT of pokethrough,lol

JoEtzold ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 2:25 PM

@EB : 
I have found that there is a glitch in Poser's IK funtionality ... since version 4.
But with V4 it's real heavy, unconforming feet, feet's turning a bit if using the undo functionality of P7 and so on.
With a short look into your zip I didn't see any inkychain statements but the inkyparent statements are in the feet. May be this will do some strange things. I found best to delete all want smells like "inky" from conforming clothes.

Regarding P4, with finding that nasty inky stuff for V4, I solved a problem with Posette. Ever if using the original boots with her I found that the toe's of that boots (like also all Gerry boots) never worked conforming with the Posette toe's. If the leg IK of the boots is disabled (or deleted) they conform like a charme.

Deleting IK in clothes is best cause the given parameter On/Off in inky chain seems not working right. Equal of it's value if IK is checked in top menu it's used and not overwritten by the CR2-value.

B.t.w. did you also find that the symmetry (swap left right) functionality of Poser7 SR3 is buggy ?
It will use also the values of morphs. So for example a V4 with all morphs loaded but not used is swaping correct. But only set i.e. ThighThickness to -0.3 in body will distort the legs with only 2-3 swappings to really hungry topmodel ...
Looks like the function is pushing that morph values on actor basis also but without taking in account that these are added on top of the given Body FBM value. Very ugly behavior.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 4:18 PM

Quote - wow. thats a LOT of pokethrough,lol

I haven't had much chance to test it - could probably do with some joint parameter work, yeah. I'm hoping to get away without having to make JCMs. Did I mention that I hate JCMs? :D

On a scale of 1 to 10, roughly how usable is it now? I'll tweak it up at the weekend, hopefully.

Quote - I have found that there is a glitch in Poser's IK funtionality ... since version 4.

Thanks Jo, I was being a bit disingenuous when I claimed it just started working. OBJ2CR2 made a CR2 with IK statements in it, and I had edited out the ones I saw while I was fixing something else. That was probably what made the feet work. I didn't search out any further IK-osity at the time, but I will do.

Quote - B.t.w. did you also find that the symmetry (swap left right) functionality of Poser7 SR3 is buggy ?

I'm using Poser 6, and it seemed to be fine... But I have no morphs in this so may not have noticed if something went wrong.

darman42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 4:45 PM

ok, i just checked it more thoroughly this time.

no pokethrough in basic t-pose.

elbows need work, though. they tend to poke through. a lot.

Did I mention that I hate JCMs? :D

JCMs? joint something......???

darman42 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2009 at 4:47 PM

edit above

also, the knees and genital area, as well as the armpits. the knees do like the elbows, the armpit area of the suit has some sort of...thing...i can only describe as a deformation of the cloth, and the genital area.....just messes up,lol.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2009 at 7:57 AM

Quote - JCMs? joint something......???

Joint Controlled Morphs. The later figures like V3 and V4 have these - they're morphs that work along with the joints to make the figure bend better, since Poser's joint parameters don't have enough flexibility to always get the right shape. Since they are in the figure, you should theoretically replicate them in the clothing too, else the figure will bulge where the clothing doesn't and there will be POKETHROUGH. (Da - da - daaaah..!)

However V4's JCMs aren't as numerous as V3's were, and V4 also has those magnet thingies to help her joints out. I was looking at the PoserWorld catsuit for V4, and that has no JCMs, so maybe I can get away without them too. I don't know; this is my first bit of V4 clothing, so sacrifices may have to be made in the interests of learning. And when I say sacrifices, I mean sacrifices. Real chicken giblet stuff. :)

darman42 ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2009 at 10:30 AM

ahhhh. all this technical stuff is non sequiter to me, seeing as i dont have poser

and, lol. you want me to supply the chicken?

JoEtzold ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quote - I'm using Poser 6, and it seemed to be fine...

The IK bugs are the same from P4 to P7, but that symmetry thingy is a "feature" of P7. In P6 it's working correct, but huh .... if you are loading once a full morph equipped V4 or V3 in P7 you will never go back to P6 ... it's like pressure fuelling a jet against filling a old car with the gasoline hand pump. :-)

Regarding that JCM's .... Dimension3D Morphing clothes is the name of the game. May be hand made morphs are sometimes more correct, e.g. some straps around the breast like in a vampi outfit, but most times that automatical calculated morphs are super and quick as hell ...

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 28 April 2009 at 6:17 AM

Just a quick update, so you won't think I died. :-) I made another version of the rig, but it wasn't any better. Looks like I have to get intimate with those joint parameters, sigh.

Quote - ahhhh. all this technical stuff is non sequiter to me, seeing as i dont have poser

Well, the same things are happening in DAZ|Studio too, so you may as well know about them. In some ways, D|S handles JCMs better since they weren't a documented feature of Poser, whereas DAZ were able to write their code specifically to be compatible with the sort of things that were going on in clever people's CR2s.

Quote - Regarding that JCM's .... Dimension3D Morphing clothes is the name of the game.

Thanks for the reminder. I do have Morphing Clothes but haven't used it yet. I made my first JCM morphs using The Tailor, which wasn't very accurate. M/C should do a better job, from everything I've heard about it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.