Fri, Oct 4, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Totally OT: Red Dwarf

bikermouse ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 10:00 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 5:27 PM

Well I sat through all 9 seasons(if you could call them that) of the highly aclaimed(by who or is it whom?) I don't know and was left wanting I have questions as well might you if you tortured yourself by watching as least 48 'sodes of this smeg in one sitting ... well the last episde only left me wondering about one thing: was Thomas Magnum really Robbin Masters ? did Tweeky really go out with Erin Gray (who or is it whom my daughter was named after Erin Gray) ? Did T'Pol really have a serious crush on her captain - you know the guy who did all those 'sodes with Dean Stockwell - oh c'ummon Dean Stockwell was the guy who played the Mean Cylon Dude on Battlestar Galactica ... and finally on Lexx, why did it only last 4 seasons - I mean despite poor plots, the fact that the last two seasons seem to be written by Elton John's gayer brother and the fact that Stanley Tweedle was never gonna get the girl even in his dreams.... Okay okay one more question: what is the meaning of life the universe and everything? If you say 42 I'll have to assume you didn't read the whole book - or watch the whole mini-series. and finally why did my English teacher ever have the pomposity to believe she was qualified to teach me to count. 

So I guess my real question is : Are ther gonna be any more 'sodes?  

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 5:06 AM

You know, reading the topic subject I thought you were talking about a girl Ang25 and I once met at a supermarket in Rhode Island or was it Connecticut? But really, I don’t have a clue what in the world you’re talking about! Obviously it’s some TV show.

:b_uncertain:

Incognitas ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 5:32 AM

Quote - Well I sat through all 9 seasons(if you could call them that) of the highly aclaimed(by who or is it whom?) I don't know and was left wanting I have questions as well might you if you tortured yourself by watching as least 48 'sodes of this smeg in one sitting ... well the last episde only left me wondering about one thing: was Thomas Magnum really Robbin Masters ? did Tweeky really go out with Erin Gray (who or is it whom my daughter was named after Erin Gray) ? Did T'Pol really have a serious crush on her captain - you know the guy who did all those 'sodes with Dean Stockwell - oh c'ummon Dean Stockwell was the guy who played the Mean Cylon Dude on Battlestar Galactica ... and finally on Lexx, why did it only last 4 seasons - I mean despite poor plots, the fact that the last two seasons seem to be written by Elton John's gayer brother and the fact that Stanley Tweedle was never gonna get the girl even in his dreams.... Okay okay one more question: what is the meaning of life the universe and everything? If you say 42 I'll have to assume you didn't read the whole book - or watch the whole mini-series. and finally why did my English teacher ever have the pomposity to believe she was qualified to teach me to count. 

So I guess my real question is : Are ther gonna be any more 'sodes?  

What the hell has this to do with Red Dwarf,the finest SF comedy EVER produced?As for the Answer 42 why not ask your question in a more coherent manner at the only online guide to the universe that counts because the author helped to set it up.

You will find it at the BBC online site under h2g2. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/

As for episodes WHICH programme are you reffering to?Because Robert Adams had sadly left us and Red Dwarf just had 4 brand new episodes shown UK digital TV  at Easter.I'm fairly certain they will be out on DVD before long.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 7:25 AM · edited Thu, 07 May 2009 at 7:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Are you sure you've been watching Red Dwarf?????

As for 42 - you obviously don't understand the question.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 11:22 AM

wtf is red dwarf?

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 2:33 PM · edited Thu, 07 May 2009 at 2:33 PM
Forum Moderator

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Paul Francis ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 4:05 PM

Just to do my usual trick of subverting every post about to be about me, me, me....my (late) brother was the VFX designer on Red Dwarf (last 3 series) and on Hitch Hiker; I used to be a model maker on both, thanks to him!

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 4:21 PM

Quote - So I guess my real question is : Are ther gonna be any more 'sodes?

You'd have to ask Dave about that.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 4:45 PM
Forum Moderator

"Goodmorning, Dave."

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 6:15 PM

Quest, tsk tsk, so not PC. And was she red? And yes, it was Rhode Island, not Conn.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 7:23 PM · edited Thu, 07 May 2009 at 7:29 PM

LOL...you know me and PC...I just don't care for or believe in it. Red as in a tossing football you mean?

:b_grin:

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 9:18 PM

Bryster: the question is, what is "6 times 9"? which led the main character in "the hitchhikers guide ..." - no not Zaphred Breeblebrox that other guy - you know the one who hung around with that Ford Prefect guy to come to the conclusion that there's something fundimentally flawed with the universe.  

I would ask Dave Lister but as we all know, "Dave's not here."  Four new to me episodes, eh? makes me feel as rich as knowing Bender's last name. 

Wel,l Rayraz after watching over forty eps of it over the last weekend I feel totally unqualifed to form cohesive sentances let alone answer your question which to the best of my recollection had something to do with whether it was a male turtle or a female turtle - however I'll try.

Well you see there's this giant mining space ship named Red Dwarf and I don't think I'd be assuming too much if I were to venture a guess that the series derived it's name from that, where this Ritter guy messes up his assignment and thus kills his whole crew except this ner- do-well named Dave Lister(think Tim Curry only funnier and not as threatening) and his genetically mutated cat (think Little Richard only straight and not so noisy) and this Guy named Arnold Rimmer who can only be described as a smeghead who died too but was reincarnated as a hologram. well there's a lot more but I wouldn't wanna ruin it for you besides  
once you see the Tim Curry analogy the currey jokes take on a whole new meaning.

O.K. so you think you  know Red Dwarf, eh?
Well alrighty then !!!! who played the following:

Einstein?
Hitler?
Marilyn Monroe?
John Kennedy?
Ace Rimmer?
Oswald?
Hollie?

skiwillgee ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2009 at 9:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity, violence

Well I was going to answer at least one of the questions as "42" . Yes, I did stop reading because I saw no further reason to continue after I had learned the answer to the ultimate question.  Anything beyond that is dribble: same as media telling me what I just heard a politician say.

I do not have cable or satellite dish.  I own the entire set of dvd of Battlestar Galactica but the final episodes have not been release.  If anyone here spoils the ending of the series for me I will "frakkin' waste you"

Have I been drinking too much of bikermouse's stuff???  my head hurts.

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 3:59 AM

my head hurts as well. and i have no idea at all what you people talk about :lol:

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 5:29 AM
Forum Moderator

Arthur Dent and yes, the question was flawed...or was that the answer?

I think the real answer is to read all the Hitchikers' books....but avoid cricket.

As for Red Dwarf, I got bored with it after the first series.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 6:01 PM

...or just throw yourself to the ground... and miss...;)

I actually did read all the Hitchhiker's books, and 42 is in there all right. You might as well ask about all the 47's in Star Trek episodes (yes, there's even a site devoted to it).

T'pol eventually had a thang goin' on for Charles IIi (trip) Tucker. That was a wasted opportunity; had they let the guy running season 4 start season 1, it might have lasted a full 7 years.

I've seen a couple episodes of Red Dwarf on PBS (Petroleum's British Syndicate - recycling made pixelated...;) Since they were somewhere in the middle of the series, I was a bit lost. There's a Red Dwarf model out there if you want to do some renderin'.

Maybe someday I'll find some online episodes of 'Blake's 7'...;)

I should talk; I just found out that there's a place on Youtube called startrekepisodes...so i've been perusing my faves...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Rayraz ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 7:02 PM

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 7:23 PM

**skiwillgee,
I got my BSG from scifi.com ... it's one of the few they released for free but you had to keep up ... I think it's too late now but they might do a recap ... also Hulu might have them  and O.K. I won't tell you that Kara Thrase was actually Robin Masters, The mean cylon guy from Quantum Leap was having an affair with President Rosalin or that Captain Pirk kicks Sheriepie's bum in star wreck 5 (or was it 6) and that Bender's last name is Rodriguez.
well six of one half dozen of another. 

Bryster: 
"That was the equation - survival must override programming" yes Arthur Dent dat waz de guy !!     **

pakled:
I can just hear T'Pol saying, "well, now that was one wasted Trip." which I think was probably the point of that whole fling ... and at the end you get an indication that she has some feelings for her Captain Archer  although the writers sort of left that up in the air because by now you  gotta know no Star Trek series really ever dies and they don wanna box themselves in in case the series is ever reserected in one form or another ...

Blake's Seven, eh? thanks I check it out.

Paul: my codolences(oh man my speel checker iz gone again) but you musta been proud ! !

Disclaimer:
Every six months or so the bikermouse goes on about something so totally off topic that the title of his thread gives little clue to what's actually on his mind.  My apologies to those to whom my out of the box thinking makes little sense in their version of reality but then I say to those, "You will remember this day as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow" or words to that effect.

Bob's your uncle!!
-TJ

skiwillgee ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2009 at 9:07 PM · edited Fri, 08 May 2009 at 9:11 PM

This is definitely appropriately named the assylum. 

B mouse
I have every episode of BSG plus "Razor"  I'm just waiting for release of last half of final season. I am going for Caprica next.  I think the last cylon of final five is Spock's grandfather, Lazarus Long. Fair dinkum???

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 4:11 PM · edited Sat, 09 May 2009 at 4:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/features/interviews/jim-francis/

> Quote - Blake's Seven, eh? thanks I check it out. > Paul: my codolences(oh man my speel checker iz gone again) but you musta been proud ! !

He also did Blake's 7 and Doctor Who.  Wish he was still here, but I guess he felt he had to leave....:(

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2001/10/12/obituary/

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

Lown ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 7:45 AM

Bikermouse, you are totally of your trolly!!!!!! Give me five of whatever your on, it must be good!!😉
Are you guys talking about the old BSG with the guy who was in A-Team or the totally rubbish new ones? Why is it tv studios are churning out loads of really naff scifi/supernatural/horror miniseries´ at the moment? They´re all naff, and I love scifi and horror!!
Best things on TV, 24 and Life!!

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 11:23 AM

"SMOKE ME A KIPPER, I'LL BE BACK FOR BREAKFAST!"

"Space Corps Directive 34124...No officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero gravity!"

:D

Paul
shame but, what awesome brother to have had!! God bless him :)
somewhere in the Celestial Realms, a pint gets poured ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 12:26 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - Paul
shame but, what awesome brother to have had!! God bless him :)
somewhere in the Celestial Realms, a pint gets poured ;)

Cheers, Silverblade, he'd take you up on that pint.  He was my big brother, and l loved him, like, well, a brother.....don't let anyone ever tell you that suicide is painless - it f**king hurts, man....:)

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 12:57 PM

Lown,
I'll take that as a compliment but like I said, 51 episodes of Red Dwarf back to back would drive anyone to distraction.
The new one - you musta been thinking of Dirk Benedict  in the old one ... also there's a rumor going around that Sky is gonna redo B7; maybe Scifi will play it on their website.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 1:48 PM
Forum Moderator

I actually think the new BSG is awesome.

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 4:37 PM

BTW
Elvis - Clayton Mark
Hitler - Kenneth Hadley
MM - Pauline Bailey
Einstein  - Martin Friend
JFK Michael J. Shannon
Oswald - Tony Aspin
Ace - Chris Barrie
Holly - Hattie Hayridge

"So how was I supposed to know a Chicken vin de lay  was gonna cause all this?"

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 4:58 PM

Quote - "So how was I supposed to know a Chicken vin de lay  was gonna cause all this?"

Everybody knows that a Vindaloo is hard to handle 😉

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 5:08 PM · edited Sun, 10 May 2009 at 5:13 PM

nruddock,
Thanks for that:

"well, stoke me a kipper I'll be home for breakfast."

BTW:
I just checked the last 5 eps of BSG are still on scifi - but hurry !!!

http://www.scifi.com/video/

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 4:38 AM
Forum Moderator

That would be 'smoke me a kipper'. LOL 

Quest ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 5:06 AM · edited Mon, 11 May 2009 at 5:07 AM

LOL...apparently some people would rather stroke the Kipper than smoke it.

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 1:16 PM

here in amsterdam we prefer to smoke other things :-P

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 9:35 PM

No, man: it's "stoke me a kipper"  ...  sorry Bman but I checked it out -  in fact there is even an ep titled "Stoke Me a Kipper "  ... and if you think about it a kipper is actually smoked herring and to say smoke me a kipper would be redundant. 
Now, when it's Arnold Judas Rimmer's turn to be Ace, he says as he's leaving to go out and be Ace, "Stoke me a kipper I'll be home for Christmas"  but his predecesors all said "Stoke me a kipper I'll be home for breakfast" which only adds to the level of incompetance of the A.J.Rimmer we all came to know and love .... well, maybe not love but ...

Quest,
how did stroking it get into this conversation? I mean I love you like a brother but really I'd rather serve Kristie Allie breakfast a couple hundred times rather than 'stroke it'  once.
c'mon man get real. And " All you female cats out there, I AM available ! ! !  Whoa ! ! ! !"
.... and as Kriton in the earlier adventures might say, ""Smmmm Heeeeeeee"
Of course, there was one other person  who played Holly besides the one I mentioned . . .
but I won't ask you who it was, I won't ask you who it was ... the Hell I won't.

"There's two types of people in this world; those who dig with gloves and those who go to the doctor"
-TJ  on May 11, 2009

Quest ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 7:11 AM · edited Tue, 12 May 2009 at 7:12 AM

Egads! ROTFLMAO! I could have sworn you posted stroke! Done nearly got myself in trouble there. I would stay away from the heffer also (just to be PC). I know kipper is smoked herring...at least on this side of the pond I enjoy it from time to time. Well, don't mind me I'm just standing on the sidelines picking up bits and pieces and skrewing them up to keep myself entertained.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 1:52 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/acerimmers/scripts.html

> Quote - No, man: it's "stoke me a kipper"

The line (on several occasions) is "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast".

Quote - sorry Bman but I checked it out -  in fact there is even an ep titled "Stoke Me a Kipper "

The episode is called "Stoke Me A Clipper" (Series VII Episode 2).

Quote - ... and if you think about it a kipper is actually smoked herring and to say smoke me a kipper would be redundant.

Which is the point.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 7:11 PM

Getting back on topic.  I love Red Dwarf and I have yet to watch a Season in its entirety, I've always missed an episode here and there.  I need to get a hold of all the episodes and watch them.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 7:37 AM
Forum Moderator

OK, I just e-mailed Chris Barrie to ask him to solve this for us.

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 9:00 AM

Red Dwarf is absolutely the best Sci-Fi comedy ever written!

I think most who've seen it would agree.  It's really well written, and every character really does have his/her/its's place.  It's not long before you accept them as characters as opposed to actors.  Kryten really is a doormat, Lister really is a slob, Rimmer really is a coward, and Cat really does love himself!

Coming from the UK where it's made, it's easy to forget that those in other parts of the world might not be aware of it.  Nevertheless, I can't help feeling sorry for those that don't know about it.  You really are missing something very unique indeed.  The thing about Red Dwarf, those that don't 'get it', is that you really need to see the very first episode to understand what it's all about.

The first series was ok, but as each series come out they got much better and better.

Red Dwarf rocks - no doubt about it :thumbupboth:

Here's a clip of Rimmer gone nut's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KE0njnZXyY

Fruuuuuuuuuh!!!

bikermouse ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 1:39 PM

nruddock,
 I'll take your word for it . at least until Cardinal B has his say: That would open up a whole new world of possibilities such as: 
'Well, cloak me a stripper - I'll be home for brunch ! !'  

**pumeco,
**I think it's an aquired taste . the first time I saw it I wasn't thrilled but now I'd have to  agree with you that it's pretty good.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:00 PM

I never liked Red Dwarf.  One of the annoying actors later went on to do Battle Bots or Robot Wars or something.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 1:44 PM

Quote - I never liked Red Dwarf.  One of the annoying actors later went on to do Battle Bots or Robot Wars or something.

It was Robot Wars (the UK version).
He's now got a part in Coronation Street (a long running UK soap for the hard of Googling).

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 3:39 PM · edited Mon, 18 May 2009 at 3:39 PM

Quote - I think it's an aquired taste . the first time I saw it I wasn't thrilled but now I'd have to  agree with you that it's pretty good.

I'm not surprised you didn't like it at first when you said you watched all episodes back-to-back.
I love the thing but even I don't think I could do that - that's a lot of hours!

bikermouse ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 7:05 PM

To clarify:
I  watched the first ep when I wasn't in the mood for it.  Thus the initial bad reaction. I then later watched  all eps back to back and wasn't disapointed at all except that it ended at which point I started this thread while I was both a bit dazed and smeg headed from the experience. 

Well, rope me a blipper I'll be home for Yom Kippur.

• TJ

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 8:24 PM

I'd call you a Smeg Head but that would have been too obvious ;-)

DAM3D ( ) posted Mon, 18 May 2009 at 11:27 PM

42? Well, of course, that's the meaning of life. Everything else is irrelivant! now, read me some Vogon poetry! :P
RANDOM! AHAHAAAA!!!

PS, off the subject am I? was there ever really a subject? lol :P

My Rendo-Space 
Do you know where your towel is?! I love Vogon Poetry. :P
DON'T PANIC!

Portland Pirate Festival Arrrr!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.