Fri, Sep 20, 4:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Applying materials, shaders in DAZ

inonit ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:40 AM

I created a crown in Hexagon, and I want to use it in DAZ. However, I can't find any real clear documentation on applying materials in DAZ Studio, if you can, or if I need to UV map the object, or if I can just apply materials like you do in Bryce. I got it looking like I want in Bryce, but I can't export it to DAZ. Any links, clarifications regarding textures, materials and shaders, at least as far as how I could utilize them in DAZ?
Thanks!

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:15 PM

I would, as a general habit, UV map your object, especially if you plan to redistribute it in free or for profit formats.  It'll make it easier, especially if you, down the road, want to use a painted texture map rather than procedural shaders.
As for if it's necessary...I don't know :(  Hopefully, someone who knows will be around shortly :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Dialer ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 1:48 PM

If it's just for personal use and you want some terrific shaders, check out the Calida Gleam and Shine shaders by Khori_D and si_vincent.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=393006

Just wondering why you can't export it from Bryce, though.

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 06 May 2009 at 10:50 PM

you can apply textures from the surfaces tool in Daz.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Khory_D ( ) posted Sat, 09 May 2009 at 11:31 PM

You do need to uv map it for studio. You can use solid colors and settings but not textures.. unless something changed since the last time I looked.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

inonit ( ) posted Mon, 11 May 2009 at 8:53 PM

Thanks all for your help. I appreciate you taking the time. you guys rock!

dbrv6 ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 4:45 PM

Inonoit,
If your looking for several good was to use the UV Mapping in Hexagon go look at the Hexagon tutorials over at Geekatplay studio. Really excellent - the ones covering the stump and a few of the others has good info on using shaders and textures.

UVMapPro is another program I would suggest you look into.

Cheers
DBRv6

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.