Tue, Sep 24, 4:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 1:55 pm)

Subject: DS and Windows 7 and DS with runtime on other drive

slonishko ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 2:35 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 4:07 PM

DS will not see my content, it is one of these 2 problems. Can anyone verify which it may be ?

I have my Runtime folder on my D: drive, not my C: drive, it sees it when i do a scan, but will not load it. the apply button is greyed (unclickable)

This is the newest (yesterday) version of DS 2.3

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 4:25 PM

I don't have the latest 2.3, but with DS installed outside the Program Files folder I've had no toruble accessing content folders on different drives under the Beta and now the RC of Widnows 7 (and with the beta of DS 3 it works with the application installed to Program Files). Was it working with previous versions of DS? Are you trying to select the folder through Edit>Preferences>Directories?

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 5:19 PM

You can alternatively load content with FILE->IMPORT  load the cr2 in any runtime (RUNTIME/LIBRARY/CHARCTER or RUNTIME/LIBRARY/PROPS (any drive).

I use this method all the time to load content.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 15 May 2009 at 5:21 PM

You can also Add additional runtime to D|S by going to Preferenrce and adding each Runtime folder there. Once dibe you should be go to go.  I prefer the manual File -> Import method, but that's me.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

slonishko ( ) posted Sat, 16 May 2009 at 1:17 AM

I got it figured out. I dont know what happened, but it managed to fix itself in the night :D

Now I am mostly happy again thanks for the help everyone :D

renmmk ( ) posted Fri, 22 May 2009 at 11:14 PM

ok...well...you knew you woupld have problems when you upgraded right?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.