Tue, Oct 1, 11:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Free IBL Generator TOOL for Poser

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 1:14 PM

Quote - I don't understand what you're saying about specular maps for the figure. Why would a specular map need to come from a different viewpoint? The Sphere_Map node implements reflection angle lookup - it does not use the simple surface normal the way diffuse mapping does. So even with exactly the same map, you get different results from a map plugged into the Sphere_Map node.

i didnt mean for the env_sphere. i forgot to writte it. i have a 3d room. and i want to make a ENV_texture from this room. my figure is not standing in the middle. thats why i asked.

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Why do you think max and Maya project the IBL onto anything other than an infinite sphere?

Are you saying you get different lighting from to props in different places in the scene? If so, how does it know how far away to make the virtual environment? Realistically, the floor/ground is only 5 feet away, whereas the sky is miles away. How would it know where to put these things?

i think its real geometry. i think i was reading somewhere that they build simple geometry. then project the IBL on the geometry. so then the geometry is lighting the props,figure,....

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 1:54 PM

Quote - > Quote - I don't understand what you're saying about specular maps for the figure. Why would a specular map need to come from a different viewpoint? The Sphere_Map node implements reflection angle lookup - it does not use the simple surface normal the way diffuse mapping does. So even with exactly the same map, you get different results from a map plugged into the Sphere_Map node.

i didnt mean for the env_sphere. i forgot to writte it. i have a 3d room. and i want to make a ENV_texture from this room. my figure is not standing in the middle. thats why i asked.

Oh well then, yes, you should move the Gen-IBL probe to where the main subject of your lighting will be - then the probe image you get is with respect to that position.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 2:02 PM

the doly camera is parented to the props. so i just move the doly camera right?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 2:16 PM

Props parented to the camera (you said the opposite) but yes just move the camera.

It may load invisible. While looking through another camera, select Dolly Camera in the Properties window and enable "Visible" Then you can drag it around with the mouse..

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 2:22 PM

ok.

thanks .

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 2:29 PM
Online Now!

Ice-boy, what you described I have already done.  If your main camera already covers the room, the IBL dolly camera will fall right into place.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.