Thu, Oct 3, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 03 11:32 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: So how much $$$ does venders make ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 5:54 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 12:23 PM

If I got a job at mickyD's.
I know I would make $7.25 a hour.
$290 a week
$1160 a month

If I got a job in the coal mines
I know I wold make $16.00 a hour.
$640 a week
$2560 a month

So how much does the vender of the month make at Renderosity ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

LukeA ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 10:49 AM

It is not a salaried position. We are not paid by Renderosity.

LukeA

My latest novel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:14 PM

probably should have used insurance and car sellsmen as examples instead of mickyDs n miners.

I get it is based on sells.

I did not get what one would make
I was told $100 a month
is that corect ?

LukeA ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:17 PM

It varies widely and I don't think most people will give out that information.

Luke

LukeA

My latest novel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 3:26 PM

can i at least make $2000 a month here ?

at turbo

i know Andrey made at lest $12,480 from ratings

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/248996

msg24_7 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 4:12 PM

Quote - can i at least make $2000 a month here ?

at turbo

i know Andrey made at lest $12,480 from ratings

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/248996

That would be about $ 220 a month, considering the model was released in December 2004!

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:26 AM

Ya see 3000 down loads in some of the free stuff

So I I'm guessing there are 3000 poser users.

But for sell stuff ya only see a few revies if any

Lukes "The Wizaerds Place" has 16 reviews that's more then most reviews.

Luke any chance of you telling me the % of sells to reviews ?

sample

say 50% 32 sells 1/2 wrote a review

say 25% 64 sell 1/4 wrote a review
you can email me would be fine
I realy would like to have a clue what venders make
I half to make a income I have a few choses of how to make a income
but I do not have a educated guess

LukeA ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 1:57 AM

Let me ask you this, how much of an income do you need? This is probably not the way to get it, probably.

I have had awesome months a bad month or two. I am still relatively new so I don't know if things will even out. I am getting better at figuring out what sells, but I still never know. Some items that sell well I didn't think were that awesome when I was creating them. One product THE COLISEUM!! :) was a dud!! Man I was working on that and feeling like it was the best thing in the world, really awesome. Who wouldn't want this coliseum for their battles, etc. It was really detailed and flexible and it sold like 3 copies!! I bundled it with some really awesome Spartan armor that fits V4 and M4 and lowered the price and still - a few copies sold.

The Nasty Bathroom! Now that thing is rocking. I felt great working on it and it took time, but I focused on a smaller set and created some poses that I never saw before (all the stages of a night of heavy drinking) and that is selling really well with no real interest from Renderosity. They will promote some items and over look others (not a complaint just an observation).

I too tried to get this type of information and you just won't get it. I can tell you that a vast majority of vendors don't make much at all and a few of the top ones might make an income. I am closer to having an income but I also have a wife and two teenagers and three dogs - lots of expenses. I also have income from my books and freelance game art jobs. My wife makes video documentaries so we always managed to make the bills.

Get a job and work on this when you can. It will take time to build it into a significant source of income, but it will be a nice addition to your steady income when you get it going.

Just my two cents.

LukeA

LukeA

My latest novel

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2009 at 6:20 AM

I would be a vender for $1200 a month.
Can you say if that is doable ?

Venders that only make $100 a month keep at it hoping to make more adventualy I guess ?

One would think if renderosity wanted venders thay would give 3D Artist a clue of what could be made.

I always asumed sexy stuff sold best here.
I would think renderosity is not promoting ya bathroom beacuse ,well it's just not sexy.
Would make a hell of a anti drinking add thou.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 6:27 AM

Being Aery Soul is vender of the year and thay make around $487.38 a month.
would be a heck of a trick to make $1200 a month

karanta ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 8:01 AM

With 1200 you would be on the top sellers list I think ;)

Nobody on that list is earning only $500.

Sexy stuff does not neccessarily make the most money. Props / Rooms / SciFi stuff can make a lot of money too. Endless people are making V4 sexy clothes ... If you are doing more "niche" stuff it's maybe easier to make a really nice income. 

My Renderosity Store

karanta ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2009 at 8:45 AM

I think Luke gave some very good advices.

If you NEED the money for living, take the regular job. It's absolutely possible that you do several products in a row which sell poorly and you don't earn well. I doing this job (it's my full-time job) for about 9 years now and still have products which don't sell well.

Sometimes when I'm working on something, I'm so sure it will sell well - and then it does not. On the other hand I have products I finished in such a little time and they are steady selling for several years now.

If you never sold Poser stuff before - it's a great risk to do that if you need the money for living.

My Renderosity Store

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:57 AM · edited Mon, 10 August 2009 at 6:57 AM

i am going to make a 3D movie
i was thinking what does one need to make a 3D movie
1_time to make the content for the 3D movie
2_software to make the movie
3_hardware to make the movie

the bigest probleam i have is time
if i spend all my time at another job, content for the 3D movie gets done 300 years after i'm dead.
if i spend all my time making the content for the movie, do not make any $$$
I do not run with out food.
PC's do not run with out electricity

so how do you get out of a catch 22.
spend all your time making the 3D content and sell it
the 3D movie content gets made and i do not go hungery :)

there is nothing i would not risk to be more then a nothing.

powerage ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 8:02 AM

I agree with what is said Luke and  Karanta. However, remember this if you decide to produce 3D content:

• To make a salary, this is not a game but a real job that requires hours and hours behind a screen.
  • Be prepared that a product is a real flop despite the care taken during its design.
  • Not to be exhilarated by the success of a product, continue to work hard on a new product.

Life is made of successes and failures, it's the same here :)

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 8:14 AM

Btw. Are you sure it's enough for living if you would earn - lets say $1200 ?

Don't forget that you have to pay tax, health insurance and such things from your earnings too.

My Renderosity Store

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:03 PM

Do not go off of what free downloads are showing, I've had free add-ons that had 10x's the number of downloads as the number of purchasers, and the downloads were useless without the product.  Some people are just compulsive downloaders - many actually.

As for income, you also need to remember that it can take a long time, sometimes years to earn income you can live off of, then things like this recession occurs and sales go down.  Sales also go down in the Summer.

3D content is my full time job and I have been able to live off it and support my kids if need be, but our expenses are low.  Part of it has to do with where you sell, what you sell and who your customers are and potential commission work.  That said, sales have taken a hit and my income has dropped considerably this summer.  I've also been doing this for over 8 years.

I find it hard to believe that AS makes less than $500.00 a month consistently, looking at my own income there is no way that  I average more a month then they do, perhaps that number if they shared it was not in USD or it was for a particularly bad month?

When I look at my sales I do not count any brokerage income,  just my personal product sales. I also do not count my store here at Rendo which has the lowest sales numbers for me - hence the point regarding customer bases, the who and where.  I also do not count any additional income from commission work and buyouts because those throw my averages way off.  Those are just additional income.

However I also put in far more hours than I would in a regular job. 

Since I have fibromyalgia and a daughter that  is bi-polar with severe depression (that occasionally requires complete overseeing)  and I care for my 6 month old grandson as well I don't mind the hours because I can keep them when I am able to instead of having a specific time requirement.  The chronic pain also keeps me from sleeping well, haven't slept well in years, so I don't mind working when others are in bed.

However, it can take years to earn enough to live frugally on.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:04 AM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:09 AM

i could survive for a month or two off of $1200.00 ,net ,take home after every body else got theres being new and all.

but i was told venders can make $4000.00 ,net ,a month.

I would be good on $2500.00 ,net ,a month = to coalminers.

all i had to go on was Aery Souls Product Reviews  is how i got Aery Soul makes around $487.38 a month, net.

trying to get what you can make being a vender is monumentaly agravating.

i have serched the web all the sites i can find that sell Poser D/S stuff no where is there a clue what venders can make.

why is it such a secret what a vender could make anyways ?

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 6:59 AM

i have no idea how to fill out these charts all i can do is guess wildly.

and the odd's of getting the chart filled out corectly is 1 in a billion as far as i can tell

Chances of a vender netting $$$ a year after every body else got theres.

Chart A

$10,000.00 a year ...with out even a effort

$20,000.00 a year ...will a effort every other week

$30,000.00 a year ...if you do something

$40,000.00 a year ...easy if you work

$50,000.00 a year ...if you work hard

ChartB

$10,000.00 a year ...better off with a sign that reads will work for food

$20,000.00 a year ...better chance at mickD's

$30,000.00 a year ...sale used cars

$40,000.00 a year ...not a ice berg chance in hell

$50,000.00 a year ...lol, a better chance of wining the lotery

ChartC

$10,000.00 a year ...

$20,000.00 a year ...

$30,000.00 a year ...

$40,000.00 a year ...

$50,000.00 a year ...

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2009 at 8:00 AM · edited Sat, 15 August 2009 at 8:04 AM

Quote -  

i could survive for a month or two off of $1200.00 ,net ,take home after every body else got theres being new and all.

but i was told venders can make $4000.00 ,net ,a month.

I would be good on $2500.00 ,net ,a month = to coalminers.

all i had to go on was Aery Souls Product Reviews  is how i got Aery Soul makes around $487.38 a month, net.

trying to get what you can make being a vender is monumentaly agravating.

i have serched the web all the sites i can find that sell Poser D/S stuff no where is there a clue what venders can make.

why is it such a secret what a vender could make anyways ?

Why would you use Product reviews?  I've had items with large volume sales that never had  a review and others with volume that had several reviews.  The majority of buyers do not leave reviews.

You won't get an exact number because to be honest it's ill advised for anyone to do so, we are all self - employed.  Self employment is a risk, it's a bigger risk if you have not yet made a name in the field you are entering into.

The numbers you say you have to earn per month could take you years to reach, building up your reputation and customer base.  For some it may come sooner - again depending on the product, customers and skill level.

I've seen top sellers here at Rendo whose items I would not buy or sell myself and I've seen top quality product producers that I do buy from who are never top sellers.

I would honestly say that if you are that consumed with the earnings, it's not the field for you to go into. 

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2009 at 6:11 AM

reviews are all i had to go on.

oh i know it will take years to get my movie made but that is ok.

it is a lot better then digging a hole to no where for a life time.

karanta ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2009 at 7:15 PM · edited Sun, 16 August 2009 at 7:23 PM

Reviews say absolutely nothing about sales. I've products which sold extremely well - and 1 or 2 reviews. And other products which did not so well and got more reviews. Most people don't write reviews.

You can not "calculate" what someone is earning. That's absolutely not possible. Some people say what they are earning - but most people don't tell you. You can only guess. But you may guess very, very wrong (to high or to low).

And you can also not calculate what you will earning. I can not even calculate what I am earning the next month. Earnings go up and down a lot.

Did you make any Poser products? Or do you plan to learn to make them? Often the first products don't bring in a lot of money. You have to learn a lot, before you are able to do good work. How much time you need for learning depends on the product you want to make. Props are easier to make. For making conforming clothes  with morphs you need to learn a lot more. And that all takes time.

Usually people don't start with this work and make 1000+ Dollar a month. It can happen if you are lucky - but most of the time it does not happen that way ;)  Aery Soul are doing this work for years. They are 2 people and they are very good in what they are doing. And they are earning A LOT more than the average merchant here. They were merchant of the year several times.

If you are new with this work it does not make sense to try to find out what they are earning.
There are about 1500+ merchants here or so... maybe more. 50 of them are on the top sellers list. Maybe 200 or so are earning decent. And I don't even want to know how many of all the Renderosity merchants make only 10 - 50 Dollars a month or even less.

But a lot of merchants are selling here and also elsewhere or doing commissioned work. So I have absolutely no idea what people are earning if they don't tell me ;)

My Renderosity Store

karanta ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2009 at 7:31 PM · edited Sun, 16 August 2009 at 7:32 PM

Oh and about your list:

Chart A

$10,000.00 a year ...with out even a effort

$20,000.00 a year ...will a effort every other week

$30,000.00 a year ...if you do something

$40,000.00 a year ...easy if you work

$50,000.00 a year ...if you work hard

Without any effort you will sell / earn nearly nothing.

If you want to earn well with making Poser stuff you need to work a lot.

My Renderosity Store

macatelier ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 5:43 AM

Quote - why is it such a secret what a vender could make anyways ?

It's not so much a secret, it's just that it varies widely depending on what sells well at a particular time, so you can't really put a figure on it.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 7:50 AM · edited Mon, 17 August 2009 at 7:52 AM

odf thread has reached 105 pages.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2753785&page=105

Antonia is kool thought you all might like to check it out.

these are just exsamples

these are wild uneduckated gesses

a vender has the potental to make___$ 5.00 a year

a vender has the potental to make___$ 50,000.00 a year

a vender has the potental to make___$ 500,000.00 a year

guess what i was asking for was a edcated guess for exspearance venders to fill in the blank.

be kool if Arey Soul or the top 50 would fill in the blank huh.

but i get it is not going to happen

does not mean i will stop being curious thow.

a vender has the potental to make___$ ???.00 a year

karanta

I have decade+ exspearance with C4D,Zbruuh so we have the skills n tools to make what ever we need.

I know Posers philosaphy of a 60,000 polycount mesh that will morph in to any thing and using conforing cloths n hair.

my charaters base polycount are under 10,000.before sub divided.

if i need two defrent charaters i model two defrent charaters.

i am use to dynamakic hair cloths.

so there is a new philosphy i would need to follow.

karanta ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 8:30 AM · edited Mon, 17 August 2009 at 8:37 AM

Ah ok :) I was just curious ;)

====================================================

*a vender has the potental to make___$ 5.00 a year

a vender has the potental to make___$ 50,000.00 a year

a vender has the potental to make___$ 500,000.00 a year
====================================================

$500 a year - pocket money ;) - very easy to earn that with nice product(s)

$5000 a year - a bit nicer earnings ;) - needs more work - doable with nice products.
$50000 a year - good earnings - doable with a lot of work and really good products.
$50000+ a year - good earnings - doable with a lot of work and really good products.

$500000 a year - not doable with Poser products (that's only my guess ;)..)

I wrote this without any "." or "," because I'm from Germany and we write it
different than people from the US. So 500 means 5hundred, 5000 means 5thousand.

My Renderosity Store

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 9:41 AM

I know of some vendors that make $1,000 a year and some that make much more than that. With no past products and a good product you might make $500, each product you add would probably grow it a bit. So if you can do three products a month you might make your $1,200 a month (Since one might not do as well as you hope). It is better to think about it per product rather than per month since, if you are only relying on your old products, you might make $50. I am not meaning to discourage you but it is a hard way to make a living. I know I couldn't do it.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2009 at 10:02 AM · edited Mon, 17 August 2009 at 10:17 AM

@RorrKonn You forget one simple fact. Technical ability and experience as a modeler will not bring you income. This is a selling activity. Many artists, myself included, can't stand to work on the marketing stuff, but that is what determines the success of your product. I worked almost 30 years in the software development field and I always say that anybody can write a program but it takes a special talent to turn it into a product. Same is valid here. Your technical skills only help you turm raw polys into a shape but it takes something like AS's vision to have a line of products that excites people.
Every week I force myself to take care of the marketing part. I hate it but you have to crunch numbers, think about promotions, write copy for the ads etc. That takes time bu THAT is what will bring in the cash.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2009 at 6:17 AM · edited Tue, 18 August 2009 at 6:17 AM

is every thing sold for personal and comercail use ?
would be helpful if thay would say it is for comerial use in the advertisement,if it is.

one can't help but notice that 80% of all the stuff sold is stuff for V4.
most of that is sexy stuff.
10% for M4
10% props
if i wanted to make a movie with just sexy girls in it i would have every thing i need all ready.

not much at all to pick from for M4
the freak ,one page it's sad atualy.

being that there is so much stuff sold all ready for V4
i would not need to make girl stuff for the movie but that is what sells i guess.
one probably sould make stuff for V4,M4
but i would rather use my characters.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 5:52 AM · edited Wed, 19 August 2009 at 5:53 AM

[

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=72973](http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=72973)

Please, note: Alice character morph/package is NOT currently AVAILABLE for sale.

I don't know but this just seems self destructive to me.
like there trying not to sell there stuff.
Any one get this ?

bazze ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 9:50 AM

Quote - i am going to make a 3D movie

How about skill?

www.colacola.se

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2009 at 2:52 PM · edited Wed, 19 August 2009 at 2:54 PM

Quote - > Quote - i am going to make a 3D movie

How about skill?

skill , lol , now your just asking for to much.

but luckly i have C4D ,Z .thay make my skilless ass look good :)

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 2:36 AM

If you work hard enough to make a living as a vendor you're still not going to have time to invest into making a movie.
Between modeling, texturing, UV mapping, rigging and posersizing, and making catchy promo images and self promotions and everything it takes, you're pretty much working 12 hours a day.

If you don't put that much effort into it, then you;re looking at the lower end of earnings - which is $0-$500 a month. 

Also as was pointed out, skill and talent and having a feel for what people are interested and will buy in has a lot to do with how you'll do.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 5:17 AM · edited Sun, 23 August 2009 at 5:17 AM

would be a huge help if i could make a real time render video cause render farms cost a lot of $$$.
NVIDIA has some wicked 3D Cards for real time renders :)

I always asumed sexy stuff soild best.
realy don't need sexy stuff for the movie thou.
need city blocks that have been bombed but don't think that would sell here.

now i think vicky is a master peace and one of the best meshes every created.
but i really don't think DAZ cares to make her a sex toy.
cause when she bends over her but is not all that great looking.

i always thought if ya made a female that could bend over and have a great looking but then ya would have a sellable mesh.
don't need that for the movie thou.  

but if i could make $1000.00 a week and live off of $200.00 a week
then i could save up enuff to make the movie.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2009 at 6:30 PM

One of the things anyone whom wants to be a succesful merchant needs to do is follow the market and what sells and what doesn't sell and what the trends seem to be very closely.

There's been a number of non-vicky otems in the marketplace that have done extremely well. You have to be able to figure out what's special about them, and see how you can make your items special in some way. You have to be able to see past the stereotypes, and analyze things a bit more in depth.  Something like that can affect your earnings a lot. It could make or break you.

The bottom line is, there are a LOT of variables in whether one can make a living as a merchant or not. It's just like running your own business.

If you're making props for your own purpose, and just making them available for the marketplace as a side thing it's almost guaranteed that you will not be as successful (and make a living wage) as if you followed the market, spent a lot of time learning about your customers, and focused your product on what you learn they are interested in.

Also, if you're making stuff for your movie in C4D for example, and plan on putting the product in the marketplace as poser props, about half of your time will be spent making them "poser friendly". Compared to high end programs, Poser has a lot of quirks and limitations that need to be accomodated to make things work in Poser. For one, all your materials will end up needing to be re-done specially for Poser (for a commercial quality item).  Scaling and making props work in proportion with Popular Poser figures is also an issue you'll have to deal with. Lot of other little technical things. Those are all the things that will affect how succesful you will be as a merchant.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

3-d-c ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 5:23 AM

i guess you overvalue the sale here RorrKonn. Yes you may be able to hit that mark you target...
BUT: It is a hell of work! You need to keep on posting items, no day rest. No week holiday. you need to keep on. People keep on buying items if they feel there is value in it. And you gain this only when there is value in it. It is basicly like every market. Regardsless if you sell 3D Stuff or Tomatos: Quality counts. Service Counts. If someone has a problem, you have to react on it. It is a full time job and even more. In my opinion, you may earn more with less stress when you stick to your coalmine idea...
The work that you sell at every market place is only half valued as most revenue is halfed. Also, count sales and reductions etc. You have to accept slow month like summer etc and as already said above: You can never say, what sells best.
Making 1000$ per month is a hard piece of work that really requires you to stay on your PC for the rest of the day. It is not easy, do not think so....

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

3-d-c ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 5:26 AM

Quote - If you work hard enough to make a living as a vendor you're still not going to have time to invest into making a movie.
Between modeling, texturing, UV mapping, rigging and posersizing, and making catchy promo images and self promotions and everything it takes, you're pretty much working 12 hours a day.

If you don't put that much effort into it, then you;re looking at the lower end of earnings - which is $0-$500 a month. 

Also as was pointed out, skill and talent and having a feel for what people are interested and will buy in has a lot to do with how you'll do.

That is unfortunately true. I initially started modeling cause of the idea making a movie too.
But ended up in having no time anymore. As said in my post above: It consumes your time more than you think.

And: I think that only a handful of people may be able to live from what they earn at any marketplace: Consider: You have to pay taxes even on the little money you earn here! So the 1000$ you target get taxed-- you may have 700 in the end to live from...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:21 AM

don't know if you read that corectly
it was a $1000.00 a week $ 4000.00 a month

so if i work 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
and if i am very lucky i can make $ 250.00 a week , $1000.00 a month.

i could make a 1000.00 a month at micky D's working only 40 hours a week & eat to.

why would venders be venders for so little ?

i am going to make a movie as soon as i get the $$$ to buy the content i need.
would take to much time to make all the content my self.
so i will use a lot of D/S content
even if i half to work 2 jobs one at micky d's one at wally world.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:30 AM

oh mostly need $$$ for hardware n some editing software.
 there's a wicked $1200.00 3D card that would be killer,but i seriously do not think i will be able to get it.

3-d-c ( ) posted Wed, 26 August 2009 at 6:40 AM

in my impression vendors do sell stuff that they had been done for their own anyway. Thats how i do it ... I build my stuff for my comic i am working on and because i have it, i sell it too. But beeing a 3D Modeller only for money making purposes, ... well, tough job i guess.
You wont be making 4000$ a month. THat would need lot of luck, expirience and a good sense and understanding of what people need......

and: I still think vendors and merchants here do what they do cause they feel its an obsession, a hobby. Very little may make 3D Stuff only because of the money. There are much easier way of making money with litlle stress and work....

my 2 cent on this ...

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2009 at 5:03 AM

need a exsample so i know for sure what you all mean about sumer.
some thing like
" if you make $100 a week most of the year your make $50 a week in  june july august "
is that what you all mean about summer ?

i have hung around here for a long long time
renderosity is one of my favorit forms :)
the only trend i have ever seen in the poser n now D/S galerys is 99% of the renders are of vicky most in some sexy out fit
a few in a fancy out fit
with conforming cloths n hair
dynamics have been around sence poser 5 still seldom used.
most have a back ground but very few props if any

whirlwind ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2009 at 11:14 AM

You're right, working at Mickey D's is more reliable and probably pays better.

Most vendors here have "real jobs" too, although I mean no insult with the phrase.  They do this as a hobby, at least at first. Only the best of the best have been able to make it their full time job.

karanta ( ) posted Wed, 02 September 2009 at 11:27 AM · edited Wed, 02 September 2009 at 11:30 AM

I think you are getting nowhere with our answers.

Why not just try it?

Make a nice Poser product, release it and you will see what you will earn and how much time  you have to work for the money you earn. But believe me - a new merchant will usually not earn as much as one of the top sellers here or at other stores. You can upload your product here, at CP and there are a lot more shops where you also could try to sell your product.

It does not help you one little bit to know what other people are earning, because earnings are so different.

Oh and earnings in Summer are often (not always) a bit lower than usual. A lot of people are on vacation or so. But sales usually don't go down 50%.

My Renderosity Store

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 7:17 AM · edited Thu, 03 September 2009 at 7:18 AM

i realy would injoy making stuff for D/S.

ODF n theam look like thay are having a lot of fun with Antonia.

but the realaty is i can not 3D just for fun.

the goal is ,a 3D video studio with a lot of hardware, software ,CGI Artsit ect ect to make 3D videos ,that will take a lot of $$$ to get.

1_D/S 3D Video Studio_This studio ya just need a few PCs n content but you are limmited to what is sold.

2_3D Video studo with C4D ,zBrush_This studio ya need a lot but no limits.

right now i am debating what path to take

A_draw a 2D comic to build a D/S or C4D studio

pro_easyiest n fastest to make

con_will not look all that killer.

B_make a 3D comic with C4D ,zBrush to build a D/S or C4D studio

pro_would look killer better then most comics

con_would take a lot to make

C_make D/S content to buy D/S content for a D/S video.

pro_would have some killer content

con_would take a lot to make

D_work 2 micky D jobs to buy D/S content for a D/S video.

pro_i know i would have enuff for a few pc's n content in a few

con_ don't know if i could stand to do it

option A,B,C,D, i am just not smart enuff to figer out wicth one i should do.

would be nice if thay sold up grades for brains

karanta ( ) posted Thu, 03 September 2009 at 7:49 AM

Well - if you don't give it a try and maybe make at least 1-3 sets, you will never get an idea what you will earn with this work and how much time you have to spend each day for it. Nobody can tell you what you may earn. You need to make your own experience.

I think whirlwind is correct. Most of the merchant here started this work as a hobby. They started with making Poser stuff for themself for fun, uploaded their first freebies and after that they started to make something for sale.

Some have their day job and still doing this work mostly for fun or to make a little extra money and others are doing this as their full time job. And with full time you usually have to work a lot more than 8 hours a  day / 5 days a week.

I never work only 40 hours a week (of course I don't want to complain about that :), because I love my work )

If you never made a complete set (modeling, mapping, cutting in pieces, making conform, working with the joint editor, adding full body morphs, maybe adding adjustment / movement morphs, adding jcms, making textures, packing the set, doing promos) you may wonder how much work is needed to make a set.

This is not a job where you know how much money you earn before you do it. FIRST you start and THEN you will know how much you earn and if it was worth the efford. It's not working the other way ;)

My Renderosity Store

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Sun, 06 September 2009 at 2:27 PM

Not sure if I should jump in or not. I am Not a top vender, I am a stay at home mom who's hubby has been Out of work for awhile now. I work anywhere from 5 hours to 14 hours a day, and I make less then my hubby gets off unemployment. Why do I do it? I love poser stuff, made many friends, always trying to learn new skills, I can do trades now, if I need textures or a character for soemthing I can make it now, I Love tos ee what others do with stuff I make, and cause I am a stay at home mom, this gives me a bit to buy poser stuff with and pay a few of the bills like internet and phone. I so not do it to get rich, and wish I had a real job as well i could make a Lot more that way. But jobs are hard to find right now and in our area we have had bad luck at finidng nothing. Hope this helps a bit,.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 7:02 AM

jump right in Blazerwiccan ,always injoy chating n making new friends.
ever tid bit of info is always helpful.
one thing i have learned is.
if i ever need a crew that can keep secrects, defantly the market place crew ;)

Karanta is right ,you learn buy doing.

right now i am terrorising Zbrush or it's terrorising me ,lol.
read ya bio n list of app's you have did not see Zbrush.
http://www.pixologic.com/home.php
if i could only have one app it would defantly be Zbrush
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/featured2col.php
makes some wicked textuers.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 07 September 2009 at 7:01 PM

I think my best month ever was around $350. That is a lot of money to me.

These last couple of months, my sales have hit rock bottom with just around, usually under $100 a month. But then I hadn't done any new things in almost a year.

I have now, and sales are picking up quite nicely ^_^

Not awesome, but I think I can say for sure that this month will be a $100+ month. Which ios nice. I mostly use the money here to sustain my eBay habit anyway LOL 

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.