Fri, Sep 20, 2:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Which Products did you regret buying / fall out of love with?

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:34 AM

I wonder which items people regret impulse buying.

I have a couple...

I jumped on the M4 Cuffed Tail when it came out, because I used to like the original Cuffed Tail.
Maybe it's my imagination, but I find the M4 Cuffed Tail to be... unwieldy. With badly thought out morphs that don't really add anything.
Seriously, I think I prefer the M3 Cuffed Tail to this one. I think it was easier to use, even if it had its own oddities.

Trekkers... same thing.
I wish there had been pants to try the damned thing out on when they came out (there wasn't much except Naquelir Kir at the time), because by the time I realized they are actually unusable on anything except the bodysuit or a naked M4... it was too late to return them.

M4 Ultra Morphs.
I looooooooooved those morphs. They were fantastic, and they still are -- unless you want to use them with any other morph other than base and ++ loaded.
If you load them, and you want to add some Hiro or Freak, or Elite... or anything at all, for that matter... all your morph grouping is dead. The only thing intact are the RDNA Ultra Morph categories -- everything else is in one longass list of morphs.
I asked for a fix 4 months ago. Other people added their voices... and... zip. While the promise was made that it will be fixed... by they time it works again we'll be on M5.

PS - it is NOT mentioned on the product page that the inject breaks groups if you loaded or added any Daz morphs released after the initial ++ morphs.
I'd imagine the V4 Ultra Morphs package has similar problems. I don't have it, but it would be interesting to know.

I'm currently having some issues with GI Studio lights as well, after adding the GI Studio Lights Manager... and it's starting to sour on me.

So...
Which ones do you regret getting, and why?
(Who knows, there may be fixes out there we don't know about!)

Silke

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:28 PM

Quite a few but - and I hope you are all taking note - without violating the TOS I can't be specific. 

We have the product review section here for feedback on products you bought.  If you have problems with stuff bought from other sites, contact them about it.  Bear in mind, DAZ has a 30 day money back guarantee.

Reasons I regretted buying some stuff...

Badly made, poorly implemented or just too damn difficult to use in the way I wanted.  Several of the vendors had the audacity to suggest I didn't know what I was doing and anyhow, what did I expect, being a Poser user?

Please, everyone, do not turn this into a bashing fest or I will be on you like a ton of bricks.

Post here if you wish but keep it within the TOS.  Ol' Sam will be watching, dig?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:30 PM · edited Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:31 PM

The freak, scaling issues. Unusable conforming clothing.

My opinion of course, or is that not allowed?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:35 PM

Quote - The freak, scaling issues. Unusable conforming clothing.

My opinion of course, or is that not allowed?

Of course.  But why didn't you claim a refund?

My Store

My Gallery

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:39 PM

Think I didnt? Sure as H**L  But that does not mitigate the disappointment. Very unhappy. But I still like Mike :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:52 PM

Maybe it's just me but I tend to not regret something I got my money back for.  :) 

My Store

My Gallery

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 4:59 PM

Well, I've raised those issues on the sites in question.

I'm not bashing, I'm stating why I am out of love with stuff.
It's all very well being candid and not mentioning names or product names or anything... but then you may as well not bother saying anything.

Freak scaling issues... yeah. That helps anyone using the Freak a heck of a lot, doesn't it? Without knowing which items have problems... well. Might as well not buy anything.
That's what happens when it's not specific to a product.

As for the product review section... sorry. Out of sight, out of mind. I should probably read the stuff, but alas... that means wading through a lot of things I'm not interested in.
And the reviews on the product screen won't help if it's a brand new product -- because there aren't any reviews at that point. Nor do I think I've ever actually seen a bad review on a product.
At Daz you're stuffed when it comes to reviews, because there aren't any. Nor on RDNA.
Yes, Daz has a 30 day money back guarantee. That's cool, but how often does it expire before you realize you bought a dud? (Happens to me regularly lol) I don't always use something the same day I buy it. Sometimes I grab it because I know it's something I will use, and it's on sale.

Most people finding an item doesn't perform won't post any negative feedback anyway, they just chalk it up as a bad buy. Either that, or the bad reviews get wiped out on the sites I visit. I dunno.

If there is a problem with the tyres on a Toyota XYZ... you'd say there is a problem with the tyres on the Toyota XYZ, and I don't think anyone would fault you for speaking up. If you say you impulse bought a Sony XXY DVD Player and then found it was near impossible to connect to your TV... you wouldn't say you bought "A DVD player", you'd be specific.

I don't see why it is okay to gush over a product, but if you don't have anything to gush... best not mention names. (product or otherwise)
Feedback is feedback, good or bad.
I agree that bashing isn't the point of the exercise here. I just wonder how many others are like me, fell in love with a product on seeing it... and rapidly (or not so rapidly) fell out of love because of usability, or other issues.

I still love the look of the Trekkers. I still love the M4 Ultra Morphs. I still like the Cuffed Tail 2. But if I knew what I know now... I wouldn't get them again.
I'm not talking about "Bad products" as such. I'm talking about well made stuff -- which all of the ones I mentioned are -- that loses its luster when you're trying to use it.

Silke

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 5:29 PM

Hey Silke, I wasn't taking a pop at you; just reminding everyone to play nice.  I remember a similar thread degenerated into a "let's (insert name of vendor here) crucify the so-and-so" thing within half a dozen posts.

I'm being - how they say it these days - Proactive, which never hurts round these parts.  :)

My Store

My Gallery

mike1950 ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 5:36 PM · edited Fri, 19 February 2010 at 5:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

"Maybe it's just me but I tend to not regret something I got my money back for.  :) "

When I purchase a product I am trading money for the product because I want the product more than I want to keep the money. I dont purchase things for the sole purpose of spending money. So I get excited about a product I really like the looks of, especially if it is a new version of an old favorite. I take the time, my time, and install it spend hours fiddling with it and damn its a lemon. Hell yes I regret that, I dont get the product I really wanted, and I spent my valuable time finding out it didn't live up to all the prior hype, and wasn't usable. Perhaps you have all the time in the world, I do not. Wasting time may even irritate me. If it were free I still would regret wasting time.

:)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 5:57 PM

It's an interesting point, mike.  With one exception I've kept the things I regretted buying because I needed 'em more than I needed the money (at the time).  I kept them in the hope I could find something useful from them but thus far it's proved to be a futile exercise.  Now they gather dust in my Runtime.

Don't know where you're based but here in the UK there's a very basic interpretation of buying and selling, which boils down to:

The seller has to provide a remedy if the product ain't right.  This never takes inconvenience into account, unless there's significant inconvenience, such as injury, death or huge loss of finance.  Even then, that sort of thing has to be settled in court because the seller is only obliged to refund if there's no other solution available.

I understand your point of view, however and I'm not dismissing it.  With Poser stuff, though - for me, at least - it's not a matter of life and death when it's a bit of a fun hobby.  For a paid project, if all else failed, I'll draw the damn thing in Photoshop and charge the client accordingly.

My Store

My Gallery

PoalaVandel ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 6:56 PM

I regret buying Anime Studio version 5. I guess I was suckered by the prospect of making cartoons with relative ease and efficiency too bad Anime Studio version 5 was frustrating and far from easy to use. I stuck with Toonboom Studio 4 instead.

Worst impulse buy I've ever made. I'm not saying Anime Studio is bad it's just not for me!

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 7:01 PM

Good points. :)

Sorry Sam, wasn't trying to take a pop at you either. :) But you're right, this isn't about "So and so's stuff is crap." Don't care about that. It's the good stuff, the stuff you really really wanted and looked forward to... the stuff you know is well made and (usually) worth the price... when that turns out to be a dud... argh.

But I tell ya what... sometimes something that looks like a lemon, makes pretty damn awesome lemonade. I take chances sometimes and it's a pleasant surprise when I get something that I thought I could do something with... and it's an absolute cracker.

I like being pleasantly surprised. :) StraightPantzz for M4 was one of those. Awesome. :)
You won't be finding that one in any "Disenchanted" thread -- at least not mentioned by me. It's outfits like this one, which has a ton of love and care (and not to mention an awful lot of work) put into it, that make it worthwhile to keep hunting through the not so great stuff.

Silke

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 7:26 PM

Quote - We have the product review section here for feedback on products you bought.  If you have problems with stuff bought from other sites, contact them about it.  Bear in mind, DAZ has a 30 day money back guarantee.

You're joking, right? Ever try to leave an honest review that doesn't praise the product to high heavens? I have . It didn't get to stay. I did get a refund (un-asked for), but I would rather the product had actually worked as shown and if not, then the review to be left to let others know what the vendor did not make clear.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 7:30 PM

Not joking.  I have left reviews - and read many others - which don't give unilateral praise.  They are still there as far as I know.

Been a long time since I bought anything and left a comment so you'd have to look for yourself to confirm it, though. 

My Store

My Gallery

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 8:09 PM · edited Fri, 19 February 2010 at 8:11 PM

Unicornist -

My experience is exactly the same as yours. On two occasions I've left reviews that called a digging instrument by it's proper name, and both times I got slapped down for it. I actually caught heat from the group for not being willing to name a character texture that just didn't work for fear of more heat from Management. (For the records: Bagginsbill finally looked at the texture and pronounced it "poorly made.") Yes, I finally got my money back on the item, but it was a long haul and lots of angry words separating the request and the refund. (And the item is still for sale, btw!)

I understand it's all about money, but one would hope that somewhere there could be a forum where the short-comings of specific items could be discussed without fear or moderational reprisals. 

My $.02

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 8:29 PM

I did once purchasee a character with a procedural texture that resulted in freckles on the palms of the hands, which was disappointing, but i kept it because the head morph was quite good.

The only products I've really regretted buying are ones that I purchased on impulse and don't use much...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 8:40 PM
Online Now!

The one item I bought and can't actually begin to use properly is one of those apps which takes a face photo and converts it into an OBJ mesh for use as a morph on a figure inside Poser. 

I never got really good results, probably because I'm just not able to get the hang of it.

So yes, that one I did regret somewhat, and I decided against upgrading to the next several versions.  Didn't request for any refund either.  Just figured it was not suitable for my use.  End of my story.

Eternal Hobbyist

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 8:44 PM

I don't really regret any of my purchases.  They served the purpose at the time they were bought. As with all things in life, especially hobby things, one tends to outgrow stuff and move on.  No regrets.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2010 at 11:57 PM

I don't really buy anything (except an occasional Brit mag with some Poser stuff in it). Besides, it's a challenge to try and do things with only what I model, and free things.

that being said, I regret downloading several hair color sets (several hair styles, and 40 colors for each) when I started cataloging them in Access...;) Lawd bless ****** for making them, but did it get tedious...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:25 AM

I regret buying freak 4.  He doesn't work properly in poser.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

hmatienzo ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:38 AM

I bought this gorgeous dame from another big site also starting with R...  Gorgeous model.  Gorgeous texture.
Until you rendered it and found the massive texture breaks and white lines around the lips, no matter what light you used.  Complaints got me "You use the wrong lights" and "newbies will do that".  Like, I am no newbie after more than a decade of Poser and being a beta-tester for almost as long...
I did not want a refund, I wanted a fix.  More laughter from the merchant...
And enough was enough.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:44 AM

well maybe most people render that model from a different angle???

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 4:10 AM

Too many to list and no sense in dredging them up. I've simply stopped buying.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 4:35 AM

I've bought a few items I've later regretted, more a case of the "ooh look shiny thing must have" syndrome rather than anything actually wrong with the items themselves.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 7:22 AM

If there are any, it's my own fault because I got carried away with a shiny promo render and didn't stop to think whether I would ever actually use the thing myself.

One or two utilities didn't have sufficiently detailed system requirements, meaning I couldn't run them, but I got a refund so no big deal. 

wolf359 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 9:51 AM

The original "Girl" from Daz....what was I thinking??

My website

YouTube Channel

vampchild ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 9:57 AM

I like every character I've bought. I kind'a hope all the
folks that make them bring out new and different ones.
I don't have the time to make my own so I thank the artists
who spend hours making figures and characters so I
can buy them. Need more realistic females true to life.
I still love V3!

Beware-The Smoking Man Still Lives!

hoplaa ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 1:57 PM · edited Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:00 PM

Silke, the problem you have with the morphs is a known technical issue. Basically PMDs will clobber any morph grouping already present in a figure.

There are ways around this issue: you can either convert the morphs into regular injection poses, or you could create a pose that has the desired morph grouping. Neither is exactly trivial and I can't give specific instructions off the top of my head, but if this would be helpful to you, feel free to PM me for specifics :)

And yeah, rather a lot of stuff turns out to be disappointing which is why I hardly ever shop anywhere other than DAZ due to the refund policy there. I simply can't afford to take the risk of paying for something that might not meet my requirements and not have a money back guarantee.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:00 PM · edited Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:05 PM

Brought a tractor trailer from a vendor at another site. Promos looked good, but didn't notice the steering wheel was against door. Customer service was not good. Which kinda turned me off to the product and vendor. After much discussion with vendor, item was fixed. If I do use the item, which is rare, it is in the background only and uncredited. Also don't purchase from vendor any more.

Brought the wet t-shirt but the textures strategically hid the important parts (if you know what I mean). Ended up adjusting textures to get effect I wanted. Probably only used once or twice in a render.

These are the only two I can think of that stand out in my Poser history. There are a few others but price was so low wasn't worth complaining about.

Oh, also want to add Windows Vista to list of disappointments. Poser 7/8 crashed so much began to think it was part of the work flow.

Nolos.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

Aanascent ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:14 PM

I regret buying several characters and textures from someone who turned out to have not actually done the work they said was theirs and blamed it on a bear.

I've bought some software I regret not having the time to use. 

I regret not buying each and every one of Ironhart's cottages before he died.  They were on my private wishlist forever and I just never got around to it.  Lame.

I regret not buying ApolloMax and giving Anton timely props for the incredible job he did on that character. 

-Anne

www.aanascent.com

mwafarmer ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 4:50 PM

Poser.

Ever since I bought it I've had no money and no free time!

:-)

BloodRoseDesign ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 5:05 PM

The Girl.
I think I fell down and hit my head...then hit it again getting back up, then fell into my keyboard. lol.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 5:29 PM

Things I hate without having to name anyone in particular.

1. Structures where you can't delete walls or make them invisible without the entire thing disappearing. This happens a lot in rooms when there is no good camera angle and the only useable angle would be if I could delete a wall or the roof. This happens with the D store a lot.
  2. Props that you can't scale or move around. They just sit there.
  3. Items with missing textures or the wrong path. These went through testers. Why weren't they fixed?
  4. Characters with seams. Again, where were the testers?
  5. Hair or clothing that when asked to conform, twists V4 or other objects into a mess for no known reason.
  6. Merchants who use almost the same face morph for ALL their characters. Why buy more than one?
  7. Poser 8's useless library.

And so on....

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 5:30 PM

Hexagon. buggy, unstable, limited development support...

moving to Wings instead.. far more stable, Free, continuing rapid development.....

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 6:42 PM

most of the things i regret buying are my fault. i mean, just about any hair i buy i regret because it never moves like i want and rarely fits morphs like i want (sorry, but scaling does not make hair fit against the forehead and around the ears like it should), so those don't count.    i think i just need to use dynamic hair already.  or convert them into single group smart props with custom morphs by me or non-conforming figures with body handles.  but i digress.  everything else i really regret are just things i thought i'd use and haven't. 

for instance, i regret getting just about every cute product i own.  they are cute, but even if i like other people's cute works, i'm not actually inspired to make them myself.  i don't do commissions, so the products just collect dust. they're still great products, from the LoveyBear to the Plushies, but they're just not my thing. i regret buying utilities i thought i'd need before i actually did because now i find i don't use them, either.  i'd be a lot richer if i had all the money i spent on things i not only haven't used, but i won't use.

so, for me, the point isn't a specific product or merchant.  though i will say i don't seem to have Silke's problems with M4.  maybe because i tend to use the dials in the body?  anyway, the lesson i'd pass on is that you'll be less disappointed if you stick to base products, like figures, morphs and 3 to 5 textures, and buy everything else as you need it instead of as you think you might need it in the future.  and if you use something right away, you don't have to worry as much about refunds.  but if you buy an outfit because you think it looks cool and it's on sale, it really may not work when you finally go to use it.  because your use may bring up requirements you didn't realize were important when you bought it.  and if you only buy what you actually have a plan to use, you won't have to worry much about the extra cost of not buying everything during sale times because you'll buy so much less.  and you won't get unduly influenced by really cool looking images in promos or  the gallery.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Wed, 03 March 2010 at 11:12 PM

poser 8- imagine my surprise that it works worse with windows 7 64bit
than with windows xp 32 bit. parameter dials lock up now or whole
program freezes. (yes-with latest patches)
most satisfied with poser 6 - my workhorse- became very stable
with windows 7

raburii ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 12:01 AM

Quote - Hexagon. buggy, unstable, limited development support...

moving to Wings instead.. far more stable, Free, continuing rapid development.....

Agreed.  Even though I paid virtually nothing for it during one of the DAZ sales, the compatibility problems Hexagon has with Macs makes it worthless to me.  I'm trying Shade now instead.

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 12:11 AM

Other than general buyers remorse, I don't have huge regrets on content. Apps that I wouldn't have purchased if I had to do it all over again, definitely, especially Carrara Pro and Faceshop. The latter because I could not get it to work, really. The former because I don't have time to use it and the GUI is a complete exercise in unintuitiveness for me.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 6:48 AM

Thighmaster.  Never did get the hang of it.

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:04 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hexagon. buggy, unstable, limited development support...

Agreed.  Even though I paid virtually nothing for it during one of the DAZ sales, the compatibility problems Hexagon has with Macs makes it worthless to me.  I'm trying Shade now instead.

I am just wondering what problems you are having since I am working in Hex right now on my Mac and it is going fine.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:10 PM

for me on windows :

turning on smoothing then turning it off causes the mesh to corrupt and give a 'has to close' error
using the bevel tools for any real length of time causing a 'has to close' error

and so on. the first error I listed was verified by other users is a real show stopper.

and I reported it 3 years ago and it's STILL not fixed.

since then I've washed my hands of Daz products anyway and moved on. there's better software out there.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:30 PM

Good to know, so far I haven't had any issues really. I tried Wings but I didn't really get it and I do get Hex from what I have done with it.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 8:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=559718&user_id=36349&page=4&member&np

> Quote - I regret buying several characters and textures from someone who turned out to have not actually done the work they said was theirs and blamed it on a bear.  > >   

:lol:  Gee, I wonder who that was?  

My Store

My Gallery

Aanascent ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 1:27 PM

When Mike saw what I posted earlier in this thread, there was much mirth. 

-Anne

www.aanascent.com

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 3:24 PM

Poser - it's been a hole in my wallet.  A small hole, but still a hole.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

dasquid ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 8:26 AM

I almost regret buying poser simply because of the amount of cash I have sunk into content and support programs. But if I had not bought it I may not have met my girlfriend and probably never would have gotten to know her at all.

Something I truly regret wasting the cash on is poser fashion. Now THAT was a piece of utter crap.

Minyassa ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 9:47 AM

I bought this gorgeous outfit for V4 at Daz. I should have taken some warning from the blurb that they'd included some "most popular morphs", but I didn't know any better. Got the outfit on my own V4 character (completely dialed, nothing custom) and realized they didn't have the normal battery of full body morphs OR the ++ morphs, so the set was useless to me without using magnets, which I hate having to do. I kept it, since it was cheap and I figured I could use parts of it in other pictures in future, but I never did finish the picture I bought it for.

Klebnor ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 3:42 PM

Minyassa - you might consider MorCloth to add desired morphs from a character body to a clothing item.  It does what you seem to be describing as your problem with that item.  I don't even look at the morphs included - I know I can add whatever I want with MorCloth.

Klebnor

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

whbos ( ) posted Sun, 07 March 2010 at 8:30 PM

Most everything between 1999 to 2005, but then many of the things were about the best for that time period.  I'm finding a lot of that stuff that was bought during that period I still haven't used and probably won't since they weren't made very well.

Which is why a periodic runtime cleanup is in order once in a while.  Sometimes I find one of those oldies and think about using it because I can't find anything comparable now, then a quick render shows how bad the textures are so I scrap it and dump it from my runtime.

I have that hair mentioned in the first post and, while I liked it, I found that the hair was hard to manipulate and the morphs were not very good.  I don't use it anymore because parts of the hair stick into the figure's body and can't be adjusted.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 1:55 PM

Quote - Most everything between 1999 to 2005, but then many of the things were about the best for that time period.  I'm finding a lot of that stuff that was bought during that period I still haven't used and probably won't since they weren't made very well.

Which is why a periodic runtime cleanup is in order once in a while.  Sometimes I find one of those oldies and think about using it because I can't find anything comparable now, then a quick render shows how bad the textures are so I scrap it and dump it from my runtime.

I have that hair mentioned in the first post and, while I liked it, I found that the hair was hard to manipulate and the morphs were not very good.  I don't use it anymore because parts of the hair stick into the figure's body and can't be adjusted.

If the textures are the problem, why not make some new ones?

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.