Thu, Sep 19, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 7 and 8 very instable

Myrailon ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:37 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Maybe somebody has had the same problems. I recently tested Vue 8 Pioneer and it crashed permanently. Then I created an animation with Vue 7 Esprit and while rendering it crashed nearly every time. It gave me an "out of memory" error. No idea why, 4 GB RAM should be enough. Maybe Vista could be the reason or some PC environment settings, which deactivates the hard disc oder whatever.
In my opinion, Vue could have a memory leak. I'm working in a technical support since 10 years and I know memory leaks very well.
The support of e-onsoftware does not respond.
This doesn't motivate me to update on Vue 8 Esprit as I planned it.

Kind regards
Roland

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:52 AM

If you do a search in this forum, you'll find many threads about this topic and many advises that could make your system more stable. There are many people who have a rock solid system (like myself, for example) and others who have many crashes.

Some general advises from my own personal experience (but nevertheless you should do the search I suggested):

• If possible, get a computer dedicated for Vue (or for CG). I have two computers, one for Vue and one for everthing else. My Vue computer is disconnected from the internet and therefore it doesn't need antivirus, firewall, antispyware, etc. I only run graphic applications in this computer (Vue, Geocotrol, Poser, photoshop, etc). I have no widgets, the GUI is optimized for performance (disabled Aero and all that fancy stuff). I don't even have a screensaver.

• Update your drivers (especially graphic card, but also others).

• Make sure you have the latest build of your Vue version (get it in e-on site).

• If you have a 32 bit system, get a 64 bit. You won't regret it. Even if you have 4GB, if you have a 32 bit system Vue only uses 2GB maximum. If you have complex scenes, those 2GB are used very quickly. Check your resource usage in the Vue lower right corner (where it's displayed the polygons, you can see resources instead). If it goes below 10%, you're in a very bad situation. In my system (64 bits Vista), I never went below 70% free resources, even with really heavy scenes.

• Run Vue as administrator (right click, run as administrator).

Hope that helps and don't forget to see other threads. :-)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 7:02 AM

As Rutra says :)

also, Nvdia cards seem stabler than ATI, PC is much more solid than MAC.
See my tutorial in signature on import optimization as they can take an assload of resources.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 8:30 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

YUP vue 7 and 8 are unstable and buggy as hell ...
but be sure they wont fix it ..they just release version 9 and ca$h in some more....

Since they are acting like they are in the big boys club now with some film stuff
the general state of vue dropped below normal standards ...
But i gues they need al their resources to kiss movie company's butt..

So i have Vue 8 complete now..and that will be the last ill buy ...
I know my money is as good as MGM's money .. so why do i get a bugged Vue ...  that i dunno ...

Chris
who totaly had it with Vue and its total lack of normal support and updates ...

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 8:43 AM

Myrailon, just so that you get a fair picture, there are MANY people out there who completely disagree with bar-code. I'm one of them. My personal story with Vue and e-on has been a bright and happy one.

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 9:59 AM

Of course Vue is buggy as hell. So what? Even if it had twice as many bugs I still buy it. Vue is indispensable. You just learn what to avoid and what to not do. I hate people who complain!

From Merriam Webster
in·dis·pens·able [from 17th c.]

1 : not subject to being set aside or neglected
2 : absolutely necessary or requisite; that one cannot do without.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 10:51 AM

Quote -
YUP vue 7 and 8 are unstable and buggy as hell ...
but be sure they wont fix it ..they just release version 9 and ca$h in some more....

Since they are acting like they are in the big boys club now with some film stuff
the general state of vue dropped below normal standards ...
But i gues they need al their resources to kiss movie company's butt..

So i have Vue 8 complete now..and that will be the last ill buy ...
I know my money is as good as MGM's money .. so why do i get a bugged Vue ...  that i dunno ...

Chris
who totaly had it with Vue and its total lack of normal support and updates ...

1. Vue has constant updates.

2. I only once had a delay on asking for help from a technician. They are mortal, they also, I'd bet do not like being hit by abusive posts. Their reply to you may also have been hit by a spam blocker, have you considered that?

3. Most instability problems come from OPENGL issues, and on MACs. In general if you have stability issues, use Wireframe with no textures, on view displays.
    Another issue is folk importing Poser characters and not cleaning up all the huge textures Poser characters have, which are great for portrait renders at big sizes, but no damn use when characters are not almost full screen.

:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 12:21 PM

use wire frames ..etc etc ..why its a hugh end tool no ?
work around are proof a program ain not that good.. good programs dont need them...
And updates... sure they have updates ..but its too buggy and the updates dont change that,..
i still use Vue6 inf a lot.. because its the most stable... 7 7,5 8... nah they dropped the ball being to bizzy looking big and importand,,,
pitty .... Vue is a good tool ..but it got broken along the way ...

Chris

My Free Stuff

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:05 PM

'Cause that's what you do when you have problems: try and sort them out.

well, it works for many, most folk report verison 8 works best of all so far, that's what I find.
So why not post your system specs see if we can help? :)

and last I looked, all software has issues.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:24 PM

Thats nice of you to offer ..
but i had it tested on more then 10 systems incl mac's
Im a computer engineer that had his own store for then 10 years..
So believe me when i say i did  the testing ..i tryed the tips ... i know my way around OS en Computers.. Vue 7 and 8 are not up to old Vue standards and it shows ...

But thnx anyway :}

Chris

Quote - So why not post your system specs see if we can help? :)

and last I looked, all software has issues.

Chris

My Free Stuff

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:37 PM

I have to say to some extent Chris is right, Vue 6 was head and shoulders above 7.4 and 7.5 in terms of stability and useage.....However, I disagree with you Chris about Vue 8, I find it as stable as 6 was, although I still believe it doesn't handle Poser imports as well as 6 did either.
I took 6 off when I changed my OS from Vista to W7, I had to have been confident in 8 to do that.

We're all allowed our opinions by the way, so let's keep it civil and make our points without getting fiery, it's an important debate, I wouldn't want to lock it down because someone got heated.
That's not aimed at anyone by the way, just a gentle reminder....

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 2:54 PM

I must admit I haven't used Vue 8 extensively, but Vue 7 and 7.5 have crashed a lot for me, and I use a Nvidia card, Intel processor, 8GB ram etc.

I have a degree in IT and I myself know my way around a PC like the back of my hand, but whatever I tried I couldn't get Vue stable, though others seem to have flawless systems.

There is no advice I can give as I couldn't get it stable myself, I guess you need to take it as it comes, some systems are stable, others aren't,  but Vue is a good application and it does the job most of the time. For me most technicians reply within 24 hours, though a lot of bugs I have reported still have not been fixed months after I first mentioned them. And if you are using Vue 7/7.5 then they wont be fixed now.

I hope to upgrade to Vue 8 soon and I hope that it will be a better experience.

Good luck with Vue though, if you can keep it semi stable its a good app.

Jon

PS : Save often

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:06 PM

IMO the moderators are far too "trigger-happy" and are seeing problems everywhere where there are none.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:14 PM

You're entitled to your opinion Vintorix as are we all.
If you feel I have "overstepped" the mark, feel free to e-mail admin@renderosity.com
That is your right as a member of this fine site.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:30 PM

I crash photoshop cs4 EX more often than Vue 8 Complete.

So for me Vue 8 is less buggy than Photoshop.

I use Vue 8 C on my 32bit Vista  and 64bit  windows 7 pro dual boot system.

I'm very happy with Vue 8 stability :)

As Vintorix said  "indispensable "

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

CobraEye ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:35 PM · edited Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:36 PM

There are more people that agree with BARCODE than the fan boys and girls realize.  They don't post here anymore because they realized vue has become a scam, A MAINTANCE SCAM to be exact.

I realized vue was a scam by version 6 because easy bugs that could have been fixed remained after so many versions later and their prices and upgrade policies changed drastically.  I started at 4.

Rutra is one of the last people to remain on the other side.  Reminds me of the american republican party.  Older generations seem incapable of changing their mind.  No offense intended but a common observation that is more true today than ever.

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:42 PM

First thing in my eyes is to look into the OpenGL settings of your Vue. Mostly the problem lies there, Vue expects more from many cards as they can deliver. Therefore the default settings should be reduced to get exactly what you ask for - more stability. For example, a lot of cards in theory can handle OpenGL 2.1 (shader 4) but in reality Vue has problems in this mode on those cards. Switch to OpenGL (fixed hardware pipeline) and a lot of problems go away.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:45 PM

There are no serious alternative to Vue. Not even the big movie studios with all their money have anything better. So you could just as well discuss "how to get food to everyone" or "how to stop all wars" or "Is there an end to universum" .  You just have to accept reality as it is.

Or, perhaps someone can explain what program to use instead? (Carrara? :) All meaningful critique must always compare something, or it is just empty complaining.

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:48 PM

Considering the cost of some software maintenance packages, I reckon Vue's is pretty good value.  I've usually only crash it when I'm doing something daft.  The odd time I've had any other crashes, I've had a response from E-On within a day or so, usually with a link to a patch which has fixed the problem.  I've used software which is way more expensive than Vue, both to buy and maintain and is a heck of a lot more unstable (and that's running on certified hardware for the app as well)

There does seem to be a wide variety of experiences with Vue but lets face it - even Microsoft screws up rather more often than it should do (most recently with a critical update which caused bluescreens on a significant number of PCs it was applied to.  That patch was to fix a 17 year old security hole)
Calling people "Fan boys and girls" merely because they don't have problems either with the software or the way E-On does business is not very productive.  Nobody here has a gun to their heads and are being made to use Vue.  If it's that much of a problem for you then don't upgrade.  Stick with whatever version you like to use.

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ddaydreams ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 3:55 PM

I for one will remain Happy with Vue, being glad it exists and not be overly eager to change my mind to an unhappy position unless my personal experience warrants such a change of mind.

If that means I'm a fanboy, then guilty as charged.

Vue works great for me.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

CobraEye ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hey, if you like paying for incremental updates...  we agree to disagree. 

If you like rendering a cloud in 12 hours... we agree to disagree.

There are so many bugs in vue it should really brag about having a new insect generator module.

I'd take the time to list the bugs but really I've done it a million times before.

I'll paraphrase a famous quote, "My software... right or wrong..."

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 4:12 PM

CobraEye - would you please tell us which of the professional 3D apps don't charge for incremental updates ?
Maxon do with Cinema 4D
Autodesk do with 3DS MAX, Maya and XSI

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 7:30 PM · edited Sat, 20 February 2010 at 7:31 PM
  1. I got angry at a post (not by anyone on this thread) other month cause they got personal, which is completley different to arguing over technical details and favourite things (be they apps, music etc.)
    I shouldn't have snapped, sigh my bad, but meh, I'm sick and in pain so I at least have an excuse to be a cranky butthole :p

2) I need to update my tutorials to point out EVERYONE should check their Vue ini file, Damn forget which file, it's 1 am here I'm off to bed, so brains on the blink hehe.
that file often ends up seeingly to leave the amount of video ram Vue will use at  max at only 128megs!!
THAT may well be an issue, I changed it and it made a good difference :)

1. CobraEye, go see Autodesk,realize why folk are really damned angry at monopolies and what they cause. Their products are good, but their prices and business practices SUCK.
    Only Lightwave, that I recall, doesn't charge for updates out of the "Big boys" ?

4) As I've noted before, on a game forum I got called a "fan boy" repeatedly, and worse, cause I supported and liked one "character class".
I beta tested, did write ups and articles etc, and showed that while yes, there were issues (which I knew better than most of the moaners), that class if played well was the absolutely nastiest for "DPS" (MMORPG players will know what I mean.
I was a magician player in Everquest for those who played, Karana server, "Redorious" the Red Robed mage, damn those were fun times! :)
problem was too many folk were lazy and wanted it all done for 'em (and oft became druids or lousy necromancers...good necromancers or druids *rocked *on the oither hand).
Hence folk like me, who worked hard at their game, helping others, got asked to go along to adventures/raids and got all the "Phat lewts" :p But yes, the class had real issues and some never got fixed until long after I quit playing it, fed up with the devs intransigence and other issues.
So...moral of this is: perception is VERY important in life. Often, the glass is half full, *for the right person.

*oh and totally off topic, anyone who likes 1st person shooter games should try STALKER: Call of Pripyat, if only to enjoy the scenery and artwork  in game :)
particlularly awesome thing is when an "emission", a sort of psionic/radioactive epxlosion fromt he Chernobyl plant occurs, it looks fantastic!
though, when those "bloodsuckers" come after you, omg...they're even scarier now... eeek! (invisible vampiric mind flayers...some things just should not be!!! lol)
the use of real time HDR lighting, bloom effects and also gorgeous lighting storms I find amazing, considering I rememebr playing the very FIRST Wolfenstein game 17 years ago...

bloom effects...Vue...hm....*

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 20 February 2010 at 11:16 PM

Vue 8 xstream on my 64 bit system, is usable. It's an improvement over 7. I will not upgrade to Vue 9 unless it has spectacular advancements. Upgrading for the sake of the e-on job schedule doesn't interest me. I could use Vue 8 another five years before the expense of the upgrade would become 'worth it" to me. 

Clearly this forum was much more active years ago. The Bryce forum is a thriving metropolis by comparison.  Why is that? Where have all the Vue users gone? 

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 12:49 AM

Quote - Clearly this forum was much more active years ago. The Bryce forum is a thriving metropolis by comparison.

I beg to differ. This is the only forum I know where moderators are moderated by users, where you find top secret industry information (ILM, Pixar and Weta just to drop a few names, would go belly up without the indispensable Vue) not found anywhere else in the internet, where your spirit can be enlightned by faith professions not in Xenu but in Vue, where you can find caring people who remind you of your medications... no, there is not another forum around like Renderosity Vue one.

All other places are just ordinary communities, where attacking a moderator results in the thread being locked and the culprit being at least suspended, where you happen to stumble upon sad people who live dry, boring, grey lives by sticking to facts, where flaming or, better, slandering (I think that this is correct english law term) by hinting at mental health problems may result in an outright ban... no, Renderosity Vue forum is special.

Quote - Where have all the Vue users gone?

Pissed off by E-On and the ever expanding Vue Klux Klan?

Bye!!!

P.S.: now it is time for some cold, hard, Spock-like Vulcan logic. I am going to check a site where you can find the latest news about Dulce underground alien facility, Denver airport satanic symbols, HAARP-induced earthquakes, reptilian invaders dastardly deeds and chemtrails.

P.P.S.: dear CobraEye, I was a bit upset by the faith professions in Vue. It as a kind of "Vue mit uns" slogan. Be careful about what you post; you might be reported as an Al-Qeida fifth coloumnist underming american morale, causing you to be given a pair of googles (not the steampunk variety), an orange jump suit and a one-way-ticket to a certain caraibic location...

P.P.S.: dear Rutra, as you are a kind and caring person, remind also other persons of THEIR medications...

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 1:26 AM

Yes, the Vue forum is special. It is not only about the program. Here is the people who are interested in nature, landscape and forest mystique, about architecture and mattepainting and old castles and no ONLY about dressing dolls. (but that too! :)

In short, here is the people who are aspiring artists!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 1:35 AM · edited Sun, 21 February 2010 at 1:38 AM

Quote - Maybe somebody has had the same problems. I recently tested Vue 8 Pioneer and it crashed permanently. Then I created an animation with Vue 7 Esprit and while rendering it crashed nearly every time. It gave me an "out of memory" error. No idea why, 4 GB RAM should be enough.

What does that mean "crashed permanently?"

Keep an eye on your resources left while using Vue.  Resources drop when rendering textures that eat up RAM.  More hi-res textures revealed to a camera during animation will drop resources even more.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 3:54 AM

Jon, I would love to compare our systems. You are an IT guy and so am I. Our systems seem similar but my system is stable and yours is not. So, where's the difference? Would you like to exchange a few sitemails on that?

Quote - "Rutra is one of the last people to remain on the other side.  Reminds me of the american republican party.  Older generations seem incapable of changing their mind. "

:-) CobraEye, I've been using Vue only since late 2006, version 6. I'm not an 'older generation', as you say, I'm much younger than you in what concerns Vue usage. Regarding physical age, I'm 45 now. :-)

Quote - "Calling people "Fan boys and girls" merely because they don't have problems either with the software or the way E-On does business is not very productive."

Frank, completely agree. I never understood that expression of "fan boys", to be honest. I, for one, am not an hysterical and irrational fan boy. I'm a fan because things go right for me!

Quote - "Clearly this forum was much more active years ago. The Bryce forum is a thriving metropolis by comparison.  Why is that? Where have all the Vue users gone?"

I can think of one simple reason: the big price difference. That doesn't mean Vue is less used, it could simply mean that the average Vue user is more knowledgeable than the average Bryce user and therefore doesn't need as much forum support (if the Vue user invested that much money, he's serious about it and studies it deeply, it's not only a toy).

I just compared the 1st 10 pages of Vue and Bryce galleries. The oldest image in Vue gallery was from February 9, 2010 4:00, the oldest image in Bryce gallery was from February 9, 2010 5:20. So, the difference in posted images is very, very small.

alexcoppo, it seems my humourous remark the other day has offended you. I wonder why. I didn't mean to insult you, I was simply joking. However, if you felt offended please accept my apologies. On the other hand, I would suggest that you try to moderate your posts, like the one that triggered my humourous remark, because some of them seem so full of hatred that the only possible response is indeed humour, just to aliviate the pressure. If you don't like other people's sense of humour, then you shouldn't write in the way you write. It's just my opinion, I hope I didn't offend your sensitive nature now because, like you wrote, I'm a "kind and caring person". ;-)

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 4:00 AM

Yes, definately Rutra, I will PM you my full system details, operating system, driver versions etc :)

Just got to shake this hangover and I will send you the info later today. Hopefully we can get it resolved as I love using Vue, just the crashes are so random my workflow is like :

Move something, save, apply material, save, do this or that,save

Will contact you later in the day pal :)

Jon

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 4:11 AM

Would be great if you two would post any information you get from this exchange that may be relevant to any other users that are experiencing issues.
It may be that your investigations/comparisons shed some light on issues for other users also.
Just a thought...

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 4:19 AM

Yes indeed, will do. :)

Jon

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 4:46 AM

For whats its worth I have never had any problem with my videocard. So if in doubt, buy
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT!

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 4:55 AM

LOL, same as mine Vintorix....

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 5:10 AM

same as mine .. ha! :)

When you see all the amazing things that are done with Vue you can only be flabbergasted over that anyone try to claim that Vue is worthless. Art is supposed to be difficult, otherwise anyone could do it..

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 5:15 AM

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 5:22 AM

I had a 9600GT and now I have a GTX260.

Jon

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 7:29 AM

NVidia GEForce 7300SE - older card which doesn't support the latest OpenGL but appears steady as a rock in Vue

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 7:57 AM

No one who has succeeded with ATI card?

?

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 8:13 AM

QUOTE   2) I need to update my tutorials to point out EVERYONE should check their Vue ini file, Damn forget which file, it's 1 am here I'm off to bed, so brains on the blink hehe.
that file often ends up seeingly to leave the amount of video ram Vue will use at  max at only 128megs!!
THAT may well be an issue, I changed it and it made a good difference :)

I've looked everywhere I can think it might be and can't find it  😕

QUOTE   No one who has succeeded with ATI card?

About 3 computers ago had an ATI card and didn't really find much difference between that and the next system that had NVidia.   ATI worked at the time (think it would have been around Vue 6 timewise)

Gill

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 8:47 AM

Quote -
No one who has succeeded with ATI card?

?

Vue is quite hard on Video cards.  Maybe the upper end of the ATI range would be better.  I just prefer NVidia cards myself but YMMV

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 8:53 AM

I had an ATI before my 9600GT and I had a lot of problems with it, moving to an Nvidia did help a few of the graphical issues I had.

Jon

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:10 AM · edited Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:12 AM

The configuration file is environment.xml

"C:Users-username-AppDataRoaminge-on softwareVue 8 xStreamConfigenvironment.xml"

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:30 AM

Quote -
The configuration file is environment.xml

"C:Users-username-AppDataRoaminge-on softwareVue 8 xStreamConfigenvironment.xml"

Found it thanks !  Mine was set at 128 so I changed it.  Now see if there's any improvement 😄

Gill

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:34 AM

Gill,

Very soon before you know it, we all will be able to render several hundreds times faster than to day with the help of the GPU processors and NVidia's CUDA technology!

Perseverance always wins..

"The one who is last shall be the first!" (from the bible..;)

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:46 AM

I'll have to take your word on that - I don't do technical - I leave that to hubby :lol:

Gill

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:49 AM

Gill,
yeah it's silly hwo it kepe sgetting set at only 128 megs!!
opengl is much more responsive when it's fixed and you have a card with more than 128 ram, whihc should be everyone nowadays ;)

Alex,
um...you really need to chill...!

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:53 AM

I set mine at 750 a long time ago.....

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 9:59 AM · edited Sun, 21 February 2010 at 10:00 AM

I take it hubby=husband?

But it is not so technical. In the CPU we have 2 or 4 processors, the old workhorses.

But on the GPU =Graphic card, we have hundreds(!) of processors in pararell.

In other words, the GPU is more fashionalble more hot! For the moment these processors are rather specialized and can work only with graphic card things but that is all about to change.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 11:11 AM

I have a 1GB graphics card - I set the xml file to 512 - so I could go higher with it??  Right up to 1024 ??

Gill

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 11:25 AM

Mine's set at 750 Gill, I have a 1 Gig also, didn't want to chance going the whole hog just in case!! [LOL].

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 11:28 AM

OK will try that  😄

Gill

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.