Thu, Sep 19, 11:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

oddbob ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 1:54 AM

I'm impressed. Best bits of Pro and P8, very slick on my 64bit box.
Especially liking the multi-threaded bending, scaling options and library improvements. Nice job.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 2:09 AM

Quote - I noticed several postings at Daz claiming I said that drag-n-drop conforming and scaling bugs fixed in Pro 2010. Now something about that here, but not attributed to me.

In any case, I just want everybody to be clear that I never once said anything about scaling or scaling bugs fixed, and that I have no idea what the scaling bug even is. I have never scaled a figure and I don't have the Freak.

I know I mentioned your name BUT I said to ask you if you knew anything about the scaling. I did not say you said anything.

There was someone else That said there was additional scaling to the drop and drag conforming. I think they were one of the main beta testers but I don't know for sure.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 2:54 AM

OK , the new library ROCKS! The original library I liked the tile ability, but moving back and forth was a bit weak. P8 library (after adjustable thumb size) was better moving around, but I missed the tile effect. Now I'm using the tile effect, with bread crumbs and I'm as happy as a pig in stuff!

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 3:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - I noticed several postings at Daz claiming I said that drag-n-drop conforming and scaling bugs fixed in Pro 2010. Now something about that here, but not attributed to me.

In any case, I just want everybody to be clear that I never once said anything about scaling or scaling bugs fixed, and that I have no idea what the scaling bug even is. I have never scaled a figure and I don't have the Freak.

I know I mentioned your name BUT I said to ask you if you knew anything about the scaling. I did not say you said anything.

There was someone else That said there was additional scaling to the drop and drag conforming. I think they were one of the main beta testers but I don't know for sure.

Might have been me ... someone mentioned autoconforming and I added that auto scaling was a feature as well ... I had permission to leak (LOL)

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:31 AM · edited Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:34 AM

Is it just me or does PP2010 (x64) have problems with ATI cards and OpenGL?

I just bought PP2010 and installed it on my machine (Win 7 Ultimate x64 German, Core I7 920 @ 3.4Ghz, 12 GB DDR3-1066 RAM, PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB with Catalyst 10.2 drivers).

I unchecked the option to install 32bit files and used the traditional library setup (Runtime in the Poser folder).

Problem is that with the OpenGL Preview Renderer, whenever I move the mouse pointer over the actual display area, it goes black. When I move it back to anywhere else, it returns to properly displaying the scene...

Using SreeD instead, all is well. Also, I still have Poser 7 and 8 installed separately on this machine (both with latest service releases), and they can use OpenGL with no problem.

So, what did PPro2010 change in the way it handles OpenGL in contrast to earlier versions of Poser? Any hints or ideas how to get it running properly? °_°?

Cheers,

SW448

EDIT: spelling

Run, wolf warrior, to realms eternal....

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:44 AM

Quote - Is it just me or does PP2010 (x64) have problems with ATI cards and OpenGL?

I just bought PP2010 and installed it on my machine (Win 7 Ultimate x64 German, Core I7 920 @ 3.4Ghz, 12 GB DDR3-1066 RAM, PowerColor ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB with Catalyst 10.2 drivers).

I unchecked the option to install 32bit files and used the traditional library setup (Runtime in the Poser folder).

Problem is that with the OpenGL Preview Renderer, whenever I move the mouse pointer over the actual display area, it goes black. When I move it back to anywhere else, it returns to properly displaying the scene...

Using SreeD instead, all is well. Also, I still have Poser 7 and 8 installed separately on this machine (both with latest service releases), and they can use OpenGL with no problem.

So, what did PPro2010 change in the way it handles OpenGL in contrast to earlier versions of Poser? Any hints or ideas how to get it running properly? °_°?

Cheers,

SW448

EDIT: spelling

You need to reset your preferences, that should solve the problem. I had that problem with P8 and after doing that everything was fine again.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:51 AM

Quote - Might have been me ... someone mentioned autoconforming and I added that auto scaling was a feature as well ... I had permission to leak (LOL)

That's who it was. You.

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 5:20 AM

Quote - You need to reset your preferences, that should solve the problem. I had that problem with P8 and after doing that everything was fine again.

Resetting preferences? Since P7, P8 and PPro2010 use different folders to store their preference files, I don't really see how that could affect the OpenGL performance.

But okay, just to be safe, I went ahead, deleted all the preference files for all 3 versions of Poser, restarted the computer just in case and opened PPro2010 again. After loading my current WIP file, I still get OpenGL display errors. Though I must admit that now, it isn't completely black anymore. Instead it.. but look for yourself:

OpenGL with mouse on the windows taskbar (not visible since I cropped the pic a slight bit to remove it)

OpenGL with mouse over the preview area

SreeD with mouse over the preview area

Seems to me that PPro2010 handles OpenGL differently than P7 and P8, since those, after deleting the pref files, still do not have this problem, but display correctly.

Or did I misunderstand you and I need to reset something other than the Poser preferences?

arcebus ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 5:26 AM

If I were mean I would say your monitor surface ain't able to handle the lady's volume....
But I am not.

I don't know how the ATI behaviour concerning their drivers meanwhile is (I'm working with nVidia), but maybe you should drop both SmithMicro and ATI a line with the screenshots and see what they can do for you. SM normally reacts pretty fast.

www.skin2pix.com

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 5:28 AM

Wow... that's something. It wasn't that bad on my computer. You understood me correctly, but there's definitely something more going on. I guess it's time to contact support.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 5:37 AM

Well I uploaded my first image to Facebook directly from Poser Pro 2010 and it installs a facebook app called Smith Micro Video Uploader. Does this mean I can upload rendered animations directly to facebook from inside PP2010? That would be nifty.

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 6:18 AM

If you have problems with Open GL, how about playing with the Open GL settings? (That means changing the preview render settings...)

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 6:48 AM

Quote - Wow... that's something. It wasn't that bad on my computer. You understood me correctly, but there's definitely something more going on. I guess it's time to contact support.

Thanks. I am wrapping up a little package to send to SM support later right now. Will see if they have an idea. :)

Quote - If I were mean I would say your monitor surface ain't able to handle the lady's volume....
But I am not.

Oh, believe me, if the person who ordered that image had his way, she would have double that size at least. ^_^" Talked him out of it, though.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 6:54 AM

I run PoserPro2010 on a Windows 7, 64 bit system, with ATI 4580 card and the lasest Catalist drivers. Everything working fine, in Open GL and Sreed.

Sugestion; In the Render Window, Preview settings=> Display engine.

Did you play with the hardware shading settings? If not try to do so.

I one had a problem a while back, but it was related to textures not displaying corectly in preview?. Perhaps your solution is the the same corner?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 7:13 AM

Render Settings -> Preview -> Display Engine

The only option that has any visible effect is the switch between OpenGL and SreeD.

It does not matter wether I use PBuffer or Scene Window, nor does it make any visible difference (at least for the scenes I tried so far) if I tick the boxes for Hardware Shading and Optimize Simple Materials.

I'll just see what SM thinks about this. Until then, I'll keep using P8. At least there, OpenGL works as it should. ;)

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 7:24 AM

Quote - Drag and drop can be done from the file system - no library manager is needed at all to load content or apply poses, materials, etc.

Etc. etc. etc.

Could you explain this please?
Are you saying that one could use their Windows File Explorer to locate files from and external runtime, without having to add that external runtime to the Library?
Does it use a Python Script

Thanks

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Keith ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 7:38 AM

On a business trip, so I took advantage of the hotel download speeds to grab everything (even though I only really need the core application).

I haven't installed yet, but a big, big thumbs up to Smith-Micro.  Clicked on the link in the email I received and it was one of the smoothest software upgrades I've done.  Payment was quick and easy, I didn't have to search up older serial numbers...all in all, fine job.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 7:51 AM

Quote - > Quote - Drag and drop can be done from the file system - no library manager is needed at all to load content or apply poses, materials, etc.

Etc. etc. etc.

Are you saying that one could use their Windows File Explorer to locate files from and external runtime, without having to add that external runtime to the Library?

Thanks

Yes, drag from explorer. But I think an external runtime has to already have been added to Poser's list of active runtimes. Not sure about that. I suspect that if it was a self-contained item, such as a prop, that did not reference another geometry file found elsewhere, it would work anyway. I suspect also that if said geometry file was actually in the same folder as the prop file, it would work anyway. I don't know all the internal details that would affect behavior. I just know that the preview window is a native OS drop zone, and it will accept files dragged from any application window, not just Poser windows.

It does not involve Python, or the Poser Library GUI. It is built into the Poser application itself.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 8:04 AM

Thank you BB for the information.
Will have to experiment with that feature.

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Drag and drop can be done from the file system - no library manager is needed at all to load content or apply poses, materials, etc.

Etc. etc. etc.

Thanks

Yes, drag from explorer. But I think an external runtime has to already have been added to Poser's list of active runtimes. Not sure about that. I suspect that if it was a self-contained item, such as a prop, that did not reference another geometry file found elsewhere, it would work anyway. I suspect also that if said geometry file was actually in the same folder as the prop file, it would work anyway. I don't know all the internal details that would affect behavior. I just know that the preview window is a native OS drop zone, and it will accept files dragged from any application window, not just Poser windows.

It does not involve Python, or the Poser Library GUI. It is built into the Poser application itself.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 9:18 AM

SpiritWolf, this is a longshot since you say P8 is functioning correctly (and you've probably checked this already but I didn't see you mention it), but have you ensured your drivers are reasonably up-to-date? as OpenGL advances, older versions of graphics drivers no longer play nicely, and I do know that with P8, I needed to update my driver compared to the original Poser Pro.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

SpiritWolf448 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 10:07 AM

Quote - SpiritWolf, this is a longshot since you say P8 is functioning correctly (and you've probably checked this already but I didn't see you mention it), but have you ensured your drivers are reasonably up-to-date? as OpenGL advances, older versions of graphics drivers no longer play nicely, and I do know that with P8, I needed to update my driver compared to the original Poser Pro.

Using Catalyst 10.2 (as stated in my first post about the subject ;) ), as the 10.3 version has not been released so far.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 10:56 AM

Ok, I've installed Poser Pro 2010 and am puzzled by the two shortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Poser Pro 2010 and Poser Pro 2010 (x86)... What's the difference?

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 11:14 AM

Quote - Ok, I've installed Poser Pro 2010 and am puzzled by the two shortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Poser Pro 2010 and Poser Pro 2010 (x86)... What's the difference?

My guess is the x86 is 32bit and the other one is 64 bit.

Thomas Jefferson

Silke ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 11:52 AM

So, maybe if I put "Remember the darn location of my runtimes" on my wishlist for Poser 3000... :)

Seriously, I wish they put a "Main runtime" location in the preferences, so I don't have to navigate from Poser to the runtime (which happens to live on another drive) every time I want to change a texture manually. :/

Silke

peterpan ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 3:20 PM

Ive just had an email , just offering Pro 2010, hm , I did like the idea of getting poser Pro and having the option to download Pro 2010. I dout Id ever user the export options unless I come into lots of dosh, but I really like the option. I ,as yet have not finished building a 64 bit machine, yet one or two seem to be doing fine on their 32 bit ?

I am currently running a E6600 2.4 core duo, with 4 gig mem ( yep I know only 3.1 in use untill I upgrade to 64 bit ) 2x 250 gig hd and an Nvidia GS 7900 256 meg.
Is that good enough for the time being untill I finish building the 64 bit machine ? please advise if possible, just not sure how meaty a machine is required and if rendering would be ok for the moment ?

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 3:34 PM

Peter Pan:

There are people running Poser Pro 2010 on machines with a lot less power, but the newr version has better memory management than Poser Pro (the old version).

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 3:45 PM

Quote - Ive just had an email , just offering Pro 2010, hm , I did like the idea of getting poser Pro and having the option to download Pro 2010. I dout Id ever user the export options unless I come into lots of dosh, but I really like the option. I ,as yet have not finished building a 64 bit machine, yet one or two seem to be doing fine on their 32 bit ?

I am currently running a E6600 2.4 core duo, with 4 gig mem ( yep I know only 3.1 in use untill I upgrade to 64 bit ) 2x 250 gig hd and an Nvidia GS 7900 256 meg.
Is that good enough for the time being untill I finish building the 64 bit machine ? please advise if possible, just not sure how meaty a machine is required and if rendering would be ok for the moment ?

That's about the same that I do use and Poser Pro 2010 runs fine on it, I would say more then fine. The only real difference you will see when adding more RAM is you'll be able to do larger scenes and a new CPU will speed up your rendering. If you buy a new one, make sure you don't buy something faster with 2 cores, you will not see much of a difference. Get 4 or more cores, then you experience a good speed up in rendering.

We've got various computers and runs as good and responds good on any of them, but when it comes to rendering, the difference is noticed.

Food for thought.....

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 4:51 PM

Quote - I haven't installed yet, but a big, big thumbs up to Smith-Micro.  Clicked on the link in the email I received and it was one of the smoothest software upgrades I've done.  Payment was quick and easy, I didn't have to search up older serial numbers...all in all, fine job.

Same for me. It also gave me the hybrid download. Both win and mac.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 7:23 AM

Quote - > Quote - I haven't installed yet, but a big, big thumbs up to Smith-Micro.  Clicked on the link in the email I received and it was one of the smoothest software upgrades I've done.  Payment was quick and easy, I didn't have to search up older serial numbers...all in all, fine job.

Same for me. It also gave me the hybrid download. Both win and mac.

Same here as well.
I noticed the Mac Files. I use a PC, but wondering IF maybe I should DL'd the mac files just incase I find myself wanting a Mac someday???

Thomas Jefferson

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 7:25 AM

Can someone point out just How to Add a Skeleton to and Object?

I imported a Daz Figure as and Obj file to get around the scaling issue, I would imagine that if I went to the setup room, I should be able to add that daz Figure's Skeleton, correct????

Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 7:37 AM

mariner: yes that should work fine as long as the vertice count is the same as the original obj. All you should need do is pop into the setup room and add the bones from the original figure. But I'm not sure what that will accomplish, as I dont understand the scaling issue you are having. The scaling of a figure is usually a function of the bones, so if the original figure is saved to the library scaled, just inserting the bones into the new obj will also scale the new figure.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 7:49 AM

Quote - mariner: yes that should work fine as long as the vertice count is the same as the original obj. All you should need do is pop into the setup room and add the bones from the original figure. But I'm not sure what that will accomplish, as I dont understand the scaling issue you are having. The scaling of a figure is usually a function of the bones, so if the original figure is saved to the library scaled, just inserting the bones into the new obj will also scale the new figure.

Freak4 would be and example of the Scaling Morph breaks the mesh in Poser.

I found that i can open the figure in DS3, use the scaling morphs, then Export figure as and Obj file.
It will then Import Ok into Poser and the mesh not broken, yet it is and object.
I would like to see IF adding the skeleton back into the object will as you say break the mesh again.

Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:15 AM

Mariner, I think what will happen is you will get a double scaled figure. I would go through freak4 and copy down all the scale data on the bones that have been scaled, and then with your scaled obj pop in the bones for M4 and scale the bones in the setup room that way they fit the new scaled obj and will not scale the obj again.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:26 AM · edited Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:27 AM

Quote - Can someone point out just How to Add a Skeleton to and Object?

I imported a Daz Figure as and Obj file to get around the scaling issue, I would imagine that if I went to the setup room, I should be able to add that daz Figure's Skeleton, correct????

Can you explain in more detail why you are exporting Freak 4 as an OBJ from DS and then importing into Poser?  Does it have to do with fitting clothing to him? If so, PP2010 has a solution for that, but I'll need more detail as to what you are trying to do before I can detail the solution.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:30 AM

Quote - Ok, I've installed Poser Pro 2010 and am puzzled by the two shortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Poser Pro 2010 and Poser Pro 2010 (x86)... What's the difference?

The Poser Pro 2010 shortcut runs the 64-bit version (64-bit systems only)

You'll get a Poser Pro 2010 (x86) shortcut on 64-bit systems if you also elected to install the 32-bit version.

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:30 AM

Afterthought: Better would be to take F4 and descale all the bones, and save that to the library.  Then pop your scaled obj into the setup room and rescale all the bones to fit the new obj. That way you still have all the falloff zone setting for F4 and save alot of work.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:30 AM · edited Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:35 AM

Quote -
Can you explain in more detail why you are exporting Freak 4 as an OBJ from DS and then importing into Poser?  Does it have to do with fitting clothing to him? If so, PP2010 has a solution for that, but I'll need more detail as to what you are trying to do before I can detail the solution.

I just sent you a Rendo PM

It has to do with How Poser handles Scaling. If applying a particlular Morph to this Daz figure, the mess breaks.
By exporting from DS as and Obj, where there is no scaling problem, I can then Import that (Figure) object into Poser and the Mesh is intact with no scaling issues.

Problem is that i would need to do everything in DS each time and then Export ObjImport to Poser to use that Figure Morphed, with a specific Morph.

Thomas Jefferson

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:32 AM

Quote - Can someone point out just How to Add a Skeleton to and Object?

If your figure is scaled, and then you try to add the figure;s skeleton in the setup room, you'll have to adjust the bones and falloff zones to match your scaled figure.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:46 AM

file_449395.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Can someone point out just How to Add a Skeleton to and Object? > > > > > > I imported a Daz Figure as and Obj file to get around the scaling issue, I would imagine that if I went to the setup room, I should be able to add that daz Figure's Skeleton, correct???? > > > > > > > > Can you explain in more detail why you are exporting Freak 4 as an OBJ from DS and then importing into Poser?  Does it have to do with fitting clothing to him? If so, PP2010 has a solution for that, but I'll need more detail as to what you are trying to do before I can detail the solution. > > > > It has to do with How Poser handles Scaling. If applying a particlular Morph to this Daz figure, the mess breaks. > By exporting from DS as and Obj, where there is no scaling problem, I can then Import that (Figure) object into Poser and the Mesh is intact with no scaling issues. > > > Problem is that i would need to do everything in DS each time and then Export ObjImport to Poser to use that Figure Morphed, with a specific Morph.

OK, if I'm reading you correctly, then, all you want to be able to do is use Freak 4 in Poser Pro 2010 without having to deal with the scaling issues that take place with the clothing. Good news ...

Load Freak 4 in Poser Pro 2010.  Then add a piece of clothing to the scene. You'll probably notice more in the freak's shirt that something is wrong, because of the scaling.

Now, select the BODY of the clothing, and then go into the Properties palette. You'll notice two new options:

--- Include Morphs when conforming. If your clothing DOES have compatible morphs, but DOES NOT have automatic conforming, check this option to create a link between the morphs and the figure. If you check this option when using clothing that DOES auto-conform, it will double the morphs. 

--- Include Scales when conforming. Check this option for figures that have scaled body parts (such as the Freak).

You'll see your Freak 4 clothing behaving nicely if you check the second option.

(And the world rejoiced!)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:48 AM

file_449396.jpg

Here let me try a slightly larger pic ...

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 9:53 AM

Quote - > Quote - Ok, I've installed Poser Pro 2010 and am puzzled by the two shortcuts that appeared on my desktop. Poser Pro 2010 and Poser Pro 2010 (x86)... What's the difference?

The Poser Pro 2010 shortcut runs the 64-bit version (64-bit systems only)

You'll get a Poser Pro 2010 (x86) shortcut on 64-bit systems if you also elected to install the 32-bit version.

Ok, so what's the performance difference between the two? Never mind, I'll find it out myself by playing around with them both. Thanks!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Coleman ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 10:17 AM

Thanks for the tip, Deecey !!

peterpan ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 10:42 AM

Hi guys, can Pro 2010 live on the same computer as P6/7, or am I to uninstall these versions??
Thanks inadvance

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 11:20 AM

All versions can happily coexist on one machine.  They go into their own folders.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 11:33 AM

Quote - All versions can happily coexist on one machine.  They go into their own folders.

:0) - I have TBs of HDD so i have p4,P5,P6,P7,PP,P8 and PP2010 all installed. No problems at all. I left PP2010 Runtime basically MTY and made P8 and external runtime, same Figures etc, no sense in duplications.

Cheers
DR

Thomas Jefferson

peterpan ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 11:59 AM

Thanks guys, downloading Pro2010 now ! and thanks for the advice , really looking forward to using it ............

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 12:03 PM

Quote - Thanks guys, downloading Pro2010 now ! and thanks for the advice , really looking forward to using it ............

:0) - Have Fun with it!

Thomas Jefferson

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 1:45 PM

Quote - You won't believe how much better IDL renders look with GC turned on, and not have to bother with dozens of GC shaders to mess with.

can you show some simple renders with GC and IDL?

a little hard for me to belive that it makes such a big difference compared to tone mapping .

ice-boy ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 1:53 PM

bagginsbill i will ask you.

does normal mapping work with alternative diffus,specular,reflection,...?

is the reflection bug still there when you render with IDL? remeber  i posted some pics months ago.

peterpan ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2010 at 10:11 AM

Two shortcuts on the desk top ,hm , both work ? And mine is a 32 bit system , maybe cause it can be a 64 bit system ? Will it blow up my computer running 64 bit or is it really only running 32 bit and just not doing what it could on a 64 bit system?
 Close up renders fine , crashs once so far , will there be an update soon or have the bugs been ruled out due to it being a P8 with bells. Or do the updates apply from P8 /or Poser Pro 2010 different ?
Strange looking male and female models , female has a broken neck on mine. Has any one used the male Ryan with mocap cart wheel ?
I did, cleaned the whole thing up ,looked kinda cool. Then I tried to add another to it ( like I`ve done many times in P5/6/7 ) and the whole prog crashed on me ? Still early days and this place has died since the release................?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.