Tue, Oct 22, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 1:34 PM

Quote - Anyway, I think it will probably happen this weekend.

Ooh!  Looking forward to it!  :thumbupboth:  Thank you!

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 2:41 PM

Great!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

edgeverse ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 4:29 PM

The Genfix morph doesnt work, i keep getting error that the vertices are wrong. which version of antonia was this made for?

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:04 PM

*Since I'm determined to keep both UV mappings around, there's really no point in pretending that one variant is obsolete. We'll just all have to write good Readme files.

Does this mean that the first texture-set I've created for Antonia still is useful? If so what should be mentioned in the readme? Because if there is a use for the older set with the old UVs why not make it available for the public instead of retiring it?! 😉

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:32 PM · edited Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quote - Does this mean that the first texture-set I've created for Antonia still is useful? If so what should be mentioned in the readme? Because if there is a use for the older set with the old UVs why not make it available for the public instead of retiring it?! *

Oh, please do!  :laugh:  That would solve many of my problems.  Well, those which aren't related to Python scripts, anyway.  And those problems which are personal still remain.  Or my general problem with hyperbole.  Hmm.

That would solve one of my problems!  :laugh:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:44 PM

...but I have to "warn" you about the eyes: You will still need the new version of the textures to have a variety of eye-colors. The older version only contains one set of eye-textures! But as both versions share the eye's mapping this should be no problem.

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:47 PM

Oh... please would someone help me out? I forgot the version(s) that use the so-called old UVs. I think I should add a note when uploading the texture set to not puzzle people too much.

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:09 PM · edited Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:10 PM

Quote - Oh... please would someone help me out? I forgot the version(s) that use the so-called old UVs. I think I should add a note when uploading the texture set to not puzzle people too much.

Antonia 118 was the last version to use the old UV's exclusively.  The "Antonia-122oldUVs" figure currently uses them.  Odf just announced that the name of the "oldUVs" figure will be changed in future releases.

The new UV geometry is Antonia-121.obj.  The old UV geometry is Antonia-120.obj.

Then there are the low-res versions, which apply the same naming conventions, but add the "-lo" suffix.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:17 PM

Quote - The Genfix morph doesnt work, i keep getting error that the vertices are wrong. which version of antonia was this made for?

What is the Genfix morph? If you mean the GenPatch mesh I posted on the previous page, that's not a morph but a separate object.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:20 PM · edited Tue, 20 April 2010 at 9:23 PM

Quote - Oh... please would someone help me out? I forgot the version(s) that use the so-called old UVs. I think I should add a note when uploading the texture set to not puzzle people too much.

I suggest to wait until the 0.9.123 release before you upload, and then just say that those textures should be applied to the  figures Antonia-123A and Antonia-123A-lo instead of Antonia-123 and Antonia-123-lo.

Edit: Or, more generally, something like "the 'A' variants of the figure, for example Antonia-123A and Antonia-123A-lo."

SaintFox ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 10:15 PM

Okay! I'll wait and add some lines to the readme - and if you have a recommendation what to write I would be thankful!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 11:12 AM

Just taking a minute to let you all know I'm not forgetting Antonia.

I've had to slow down on my computer stuff the last few days.
Can't get free of the myalgia  pain in my feet, legs, hands and arms.
It is causing my shoulder and neck muscles to tighten giving me a headache.

In addition there has been some strange chest pain that is really getting uncomfortable.

I haven't deserted the new free site and sure appreciate the great help from Digital-Lion on it.
He is the designer of the free site and it is working great now.
We wouldn't have it yet if not for him...Thanks Leo. :)

I'll be back off and on but need to take it slow until I'm sure there are no serious problems waiting to strike.

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 12:06 PM

...I'll pass your thank to him as soon as he's back from shopping groceries and the well deserved beer in the pub 😄

And I tell you a secret: He is so fond of the idea that he even tumbled up in the night and went over to the computer to add new feature or to clean up the code.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 12:27 PM · edited Thu, 22 April 2010 at 12:29 PM

file_451725.png

I mentioned seeing a small asymmetry in the forearms a few posts back. I was away from home at the time, so could not provide an image. I'm back now, so here it is. The right wrist seems to be slightly higher than the left, very roughly 0.0005 PU. The red crosses are at an xTran of 0.2443 and -0.2443, with a yTran of 0.591200. The view is from the front with Antonia 122 in the default pose.

I haven't had time to search for the cause of the asymmetry yet, but I will try to find it.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 12:49 PM

Take it easy Blu!

You come first when you're not feeling good, take care of business when you've taken care of yourself. Taking care of business was something Elvis was fond of saying, shame he couldn't take as much care of himself!

Rest easy

CHEERS!

edgeverse ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 2:34 PM

Oops, ODF. I assumed the obj was a morph target I had to add in Poser. My mistake.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 10:34 PM

In tinkering with Antonia, I find that a higher than 1.0 setting on the Breats-classic dial can give interesting results.  Lower than zero settings tend to create distortion and higher than 2.0 can do some odd things, but settings between 0.0 and 2.0 can provide potentially useful shaping variations, if that sort of thing is appealing to you.  :lol:

Would it be a bad idea to change the maximum limit on the dial for the next release of Antonia?

odf ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 1:12 AM

Quote -
I mentioned seeing a small asymmetry in the forearms a few posts back. I was away from home at the time, so could not provide an image. I'm back now, so here it is. The right wrist seems to be slightly higher than the left, very roughly 0.0005 PU. The red crosses are at an xTran of 0.2443 and -0.2443, with a yTran of 0.591200. The view is from the front with Antonia 122 in the default pose.

I haven't had time to search for the cause of the asymmetry yet, but I will try to find it.

I'm planning to write a script to find any remaining asymmetries in the JPs. Another thing to look for obviously is whether all channels are really set to 0 in the cr2 (and maybe even use a Python script to recheck within Poser). When MikeJ (I think) reported a small asymmetry in the mesh a while ago due to roundoff errors, I modified my workflow to eliminate that problem. But I'll go and check the current object as well.

But even if all these things are correct, Poser (I'm assuming you're using P6?) will introduce asymmetries in figures. I'm positive that that was the case up until at least the original release of P8, and I haven't heard anything about that bug being fixed, so it could still be present in the latest SR.

As a simple test, make a primitive "figure" with a hip and two limbs, one left and one right. You can model it as a widened cube subdivided into three segments. Then make a minimal rig for it. Since it's such a ridiculously simple figure, you can check very easily that there's no problem in the obj or cr2. Then load the figure into Poser and check the vertex positions with your little cross thingie. Play around with the origins and the axes of the joints, while still keeping everything symmetric. I promise you weirdness.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 1:20 AM

Quote - In tinkering with Antonia, I find that a higher than 1.0 setting on the Breats-classic dial can give interesting results.  Lower than zero settings tend to create distortion and higher than 2.0 can do some odd things, but settings between 0.0 and 2.0 can provide potentially useful shaping variations, if that sort of thing is appealing to you.  :lol:

Would it be a bad idea to change the maximum limit on the dial for the next release of Antonia?

Not necessarily a bad idea. The thing is, if the morph is to be used at higher values, I'd like to clean it up a bit to make sure it still works nicely. But then it would not be the same morph. The whole point of it was to allows people to use old morphs made with that shape in mind. Hopefully at some point, it will become obsolete in that function, and we can recycle it.

What I might do is remove the limits from the PBM-breasts-classic morphs, but leave them on for the dial. That way people would only need to modify one setting rather than four in order to use the morph out of its intended range.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 4:40 AM

Re the asymmetry in the arms. I'm still not sure what's going on here, but will add a few points. The problem is in the rig, the not the obj. The chest seems symmetric, with the asymmetry starting in the collars. Setting the 'orientation' to zero for all the arm actors seems to cure the problem.

I'm not advocating that you do set the orientations to zero, just noting the fact that this seems to cure the symmetry problem.

Now here is where I get confused. Starting with the orientations for the arms zeroed, I use the Joint Editor to set the orientation of the rCollar to "orientation 0 0 -8.5". -8.5 is the Z orientation, as the three values run x, y, z respectively. The result is that a vertex I am monitoring on the collar moves up.

Next I change to the the other collar, the lCollar, I set this to "orientation 0 0 8.5" (the inverse of the rCollar). The result is that a vertex I am monitoring on the collar moves down. Hang on! Shouldn't it move up? Irrespective of whether I set the value to 8.5 or -8.5 the lCollar moves down (and vice versa for the rCollar). This seems to be where the asymmetry in the arms is coming in. Setting a value for the xOrientation introduces an asymmetry, and this happens irrespective of whether the value is the same in the right and left collars, or the inverse (as is the case in Antonia).

The behaviour is not what I expected, and I wonder if I am missing some fundamental point here. 
P.S.
I'm  using P6.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 7:14 AM

lesbentley: Yes, that's exactly what I found, and since I thought it might be some problem hidden in Antonia's CR2, I cut it down until I had only three actors left, then came up with that minimal example I suggested in my previous post.

I thought about setting the orientation to zero for the collar actors, but if I remember right it only seemed to solve the problem as long as the figure was still in it's zero pose. Besides, the negative effects of doing that seemed to outweigh the symmetry problem, which is quite serious when one wants to make very tight conforming clothing, but negligible in almost any other situation.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 12:33 AM

Attached Link: Antonia-0.9.123.zip

Mmmkay... looks like I've uploaded a new release.

As in previous releases, I'll give you guys a few days to test this before I make it public, i.e. publish the link on Antonia's site, update the wiki and so on. I'd like to ask anyone who is mirroring Antonia releases to please do the same and wait until this is officially up.

The main changes here are the new finger shapes and thumb rigging. I've also fixed a few issues that people pointed out to me, and renamed the "oldUVs" variants of the Figure to (currently) Antonia-123A.cr2 and Antonia-123A-lo.cr2.

I'm still not quite done with the hands and feet, but decided that after two months it was time to share what I have. The thumb "grasp" needs a JCM, I'll try to get the hands to scale nicely, and do some work on the toes. That'll go into the 0.9.124 release, and then we'll have the base figure done with the exception of the inner mouth rig and the expression morphs.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:54 AM

Thanks ODF,

I'll have a play later.

CHEERS!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 12:58 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 1:12 PM

file_451841.png

i have been playing with this one a bit. I found no problems while testing various poses on all the body part. On the bending, twisting, back, front, up or down movements, all worked smoothly.

I used both 123 and 123 a sets and all my textures work beautifully.
No need for geom switcher on any of it to use the 123a for all the older textures, even the very first ones.
Oh yes, my face morphs work too. :biggrin:

BTW:Here's an image where I'm just having a bit of fun using the scale dials on the 123a version...lol

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 1:40 PM

It might just be the camera angle and pose, but, her head looks smaller and her body seems to have bigger muscles, or is that just you playing around!?

CHEERS!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 1:55 PM

Just me using the scale dials on her body area. lol.
I didn't scale the head.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 2:41 PM

I noticed Antonia has a  thighs thicker and shins thicker morph, but she needs one for her arms as well to balance things out when those morphs are used. One of my huge pet peeves is the stick thin arms in most figures.. Thankfully Antonia's default arms are nicely proportioned to the rest of her. :)

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 3:41 PM

A brandnew Antonia - cool!! And following your advice I've uploaded the previous version of her texture set, the one for the A-version.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:37 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:38 PM

file_451862.jpg

As I promised to equip Toni's texture with some Makeups I did a first try today - and can say that I am pretty unsatisfied with my work. I am not sure if it's my fault or if the eyelid is stretched too much because of few polygons. Maybe these images are helpful. The above shows the texture with sazzyazzca's eyliner applied to both eyes and an eyeshadow taken from a photo-resource and matched to one of the shadows that came with sazyzazzca's eyeshadow-resource.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:39 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:49 PM

file_451863.jpg

I left the bright highlight willingly to see what happens when I close the eyes. I used the Blink-morph with a value of 0.9 and this is what I get...

odf ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:47 PM

I think this problem has been mentioned before. We simply need a better blink morph. I'll see what I can do about that.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 7:53 PM

it has been mentioned before - unfortunatly I did not find the time to make my own experiments. A better blink morph to me sounds far better than re-sculpting something or adding more polygons. So I'll wait a bit until I make further tries with MakeUp - and in fact that flashy bright blue was just for testing purposes, I think it's pretty outdated as something makes me think on the early days of Abba when working with this color in a face 😉 So I will try and make something more elegant when I start with the final version.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 8:02 PM

I know I was pulling my hair out a few times over the stretching. LOL
And I know whatever you come up with will be lovely when it's done. :)

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 8:06 PM

Regarding textures for the old mapping (the A version), can the set which shipped with Antonia 118 be uploaded?  This has the "BE4" prefix for all of the included textures in the set, so I think it must be a BlueEcho creation.  I particularly like the eyebrow maps from this set.  :thumbupboth:

There's also a 118/version A texture which is available only at the Dev Site.  I really like this set, which has the SaintFox/Digital Lion watermark on all of the maps.  Can this one be made public, or is there a reason that it's only available at the Dev Site?

Initial tests of the new Antonia were quite promising!  :woot:  Thank you, odf!  :thumbupboth:  The only thing I noted was that I'd like to work out some way to allow the neck to scale on Y without creating problems with the head and neck joints.  I've been using a simple morph to compensate for the slight distortion created by the scaling, which works fairly well, but I need to test the technique with Antonia 123.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 8:45 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 8:57 PM

Have you looked at the freebie-site, Cage, under Texture-sets? I've just uploaded a set for the "A" version that I've made last summer so this should fit. But if this is not what you are looking for I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

odf, I am rendering some comparisons of the 122- and the 123-hands and can say that the differences are "small but oho" :laugh: I already liked Antonia's hands a lot but now she is able to apply for a job as a hand-model!

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:32 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:34 PM

Quote - Have you looked at the freebie-site, Cage, under Texture-sets? I've just uploaded a set for the "A" version that I've made last summer so this should fit. But if this is not what you are looking for I'll have to dig a bit deeper.

That's the one!  :woot:  Thank you, thank you!  :thumbupboth:

The Free Stuff site confuses me a bit.  What's the difference between "Texture Sets" and "Character-Texture Sets"?  I keep looking in one or the other and missing things that are in the one I'm not checking.  :lol:

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:51 PM

I think Leo took the Marketplace as an orientation. So texture sets are just textures, character-texture sets are textures and morphs. At least that's how we sort our products here when uploading.

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:53 PM

That makes sense.  So one is a combined category.  It's a good idea.

I guess the fact that I don't visit the marketplaces often sort of shows, at moments like this....  😊

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 9:54 PM

file_451871.jpg

I don't want to flood the forum with images but I thought that some of you might like a little comparison of the 122 and the 123 hands. I confess that the fist-pose is a bit too stressful for Antonia's hand and I will try my best to come up with something better. On the other hand: When will someone render such a close-up of the hand only (the originals of the images are 550x550 pixels large).

odf ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 11:27 PM

file_451894.txt

Here's a quickie morph I called EyesClosed. There's a low- and high-poly version, but I've only included a single morph that does both eyes for now. If you need a single-eye blink, you'll have to split it yourself. If you need a different channel, you can edit the pz2 file and change the number in the line that says "targetGeom PBMCC_01" near the top.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 11:31 PM

file_451895.jpg

Here's a render of the new morph with the 'A' variant of the ToniPolygon texture applied. Since I did the original UV mapping with the eyes closed, the pores are unstretched as they should be. For the other mapping, one would have to squish the original photo a bit in the vertical direction before applying it to the eyelids in order to make it look right with the eyes closed.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 25 April 2010 at 11:45 PM · edited Sun, 25 April 2010 at 11:46 PM

file_451896.jpg

Antonia being all serene and such... or maybe just about to fall asleep. :laugh:

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 12:08 AM

That looks fantastic!!  :woot:

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 12:11 AM

Nice work, odf! :)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 1:10 AM

file_451899.jpg

**Cage**: Many, many thanks for making me aware of the neck stretch problem. It must have crept in when I moved the centers for the neck and head the last time and apparently forgot to adjust the smooth scale settings.

Here's what it looks like when I repair the settings. It's too late now to put the fix in the 123 version, but I could make it available as a pose, if anyone's interested.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 1:15 AM

Ooh!  I've very interested.  :laugh:  My characters are supposed to have slightly longer or shorter than default necks, and the joint problem has been one of the complications preventing me from getting them together for release.  I'd love to have a pose, if it's not any trouble.

She looks like Plastic Man.  :lol:

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 1:20 AM · edited Mon, 26 April 2010 at 1:31 AM

I've found that with extreme stretches like this, posing the head can still lead to deformations. But posing the neck works very nicely. I'm assuming (and hoping) though that with mild variations in the y-scale, one will be able to pose both the head and neck normally.

Edit: Well, when the neck is shortened, head turns become more problematic. Little stretches such as, say, 120% seem to be fine, though. I might just make a JCM for head/neck turns at some point, because I don't think it's possible to make a turned neck look good without one.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 2:40 AM · edited Mon, 26 April 2010 at 2:52 AM

file_451903.txt

Here's the neck stretch fix pose.

Edit: Okay, came up with a version that works better when the neck is shortened. If you've downloaded the attachment before you saw this edit, please download again, as I've replaced it.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 4:23 AM

It's me again... :lol:

I don't know what in Quor-Toth made the propagating scale be all messed up for me before, but I just tested it again for the hands, and it works perfectly now. Maybe it's just Poser 8, and earlier versions still fail, but even then...

Of course that means I'll have to make some scale-controlled morphs for the forearms, because obviously tapering just doesn't cut it.

Rogerbee1 ( ) posted Mon, 26 April 2010 at 5:17 AM

Stunning work ODF, are they your own lights you've used there, if so, which set?

CHEERS!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.