Mon, Oct 7, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Terradome problem

meltz ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 9:44 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:18 PM

file_457777.jpg

Ok so i rendered this scene in terradome with the lighting and settings they say to use.  But see in the picture the ground and hills have these black holes almost all around. any idea how to get rid of them?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:09 AM

Could you screencap your render settings?

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:17 AM · edited Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:20 AM

remove the ... gophers? :lol:
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

meltz ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:25 AM

here are my render settings. The same as i always use for my figures.

meltz ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:26 AM · edited Wed, 18 August 2010 at 10:27 AM

file_457780.jpg

here are my render settings. The same as i always use for my figures.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 2:10 PM

I can never remember if those are due to bad AO settings on materials.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 2:17 PM

Try checking "Remove backfacing polys" and see what happens ... :blink:

Two sided polys present ??? (they usually render black)

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 18 August 2010 at 3:39 PM · edited Wed, 18 August 2010 at 3:43 PM

Make a note of which sky you did use and then I would pick a different sky from the Terradome collection and render the image again to see what will happen. Most likely all of the black will be gone. There a one of two sky/light settings from Terradome that do cause this, I don't recall which ones. Whenever I encounter this problem with Terradome, it seems to me that the light is casting shadows from an object that isn't there, perhaps was left behind accidentely by the makers or a wrong setting used.

The other thing that could be going on is that the hills are casting shadows. For the light that casts the shadow , set the to a lower figure, like 0,8 and see that happens then.

If choosing a different sky will get rid of the problem, head over to RDNA and mention the problem. I think I've seen it brought up there before and they may have a solution for you.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Tessalynne ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2010 at 3:57 PM

If you uncheck cast shadows in the properties for the ground objects it should eliminate the black spots.

Pengie ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quote - remove the ... gophers? :lol:
(sorry, couldn't resist)

If he removes all the golfers, who's gonna pay the grounds fees?

geep ( ) posted Fri, 20 August 2010 at 8:17 PM

Gophers ... GOPHERS .............. not golfers ............ sheeeesh ... :lol:

You know ... 4 legged critters .... not 2 legged critters. :lol:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sat, 21 August 2010 at 1:18 AM

meltz, just curious to hear if any solution was found. I've been trying to recreate it but no luck.

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 4:44 PM

A golfer's gopher would be called a caddy, right? :P

Ergo... remove the caddys.

SORRY!

Silke

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 31 August 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quote - A golfer's gopher would be called a caddy, right? :P

Ergo... remove the caddys.

SORRY!

The original poster is going to scream...If I was you I would ask Bill Murray how to get the grass render correctly. :crying:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.