Thu, Sep 19, 11:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: New Reality (lux render) Plugin over at Daz...time for Poser Plugin Update?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 4:57 PM

Yes I did.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 5:01 PM

Quote - If you have downloaded recently, you should already have the install files.  They are located in the AIR subdirectory.  There is a readme.txt there, which i would suggest reading first.  Pay attention to the file it will ask you to locate.

Thanks, found it.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

wespose ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 6:42 PM

Im so glad some of the productive members of the Poser community are looking into a physically based renderer exporter script directly from poser. Ive been hoping for this option for quite some time now. Thanks guys for your passion of 3d rendering, and generosity that us less technically inclined can enjoy such fun tools with tons of buttons and dials to keep us busy for years.

Just wanted to say thanks, Im not at all productive around here. Sorry!

wespose ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 6:51 PM

Found the script...off to test and report.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 7:02 PM

Quote - yes I am...
must be that marine figure..

I'm downloading the figure now, but I'm off to work in a minute, so I can't do anything more before tonight. I'm surprised you're still getting that error.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 7:44 PM

OK, when installing LuxPose when Asked I msitakenly selected the wrong .bbml file.
I have Uninstalled LuxPose several times and tried reinstalling it with No Joy. I get this error:
onInvoke:

--------- FATAL ERROR -------------
Unknown command:
 schema

Understandable knowing I selected the wrong file.

I already had Air installed for a few other things, so I do not think i should uninstall Air.

How do I correct the error of my installation and install it correctly?????

TKS

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quote - OK, when installing LuxPose when Asked I msitakenly selected the wrong .bbml file.
I have Uninstalled LuxPose several times and tried reinstalling it with No Joy. I get this error:
onInvoke:

--------- FATAL ERROR -------------
Unknown command:
 schema

Understandable knowing I selected the wrong file.

I already had Air installed for a few other things, so I do not think i should uninstall Air.

How do I correct the error of my installation and install it correctly?????

TKS

I have the same error sometimes. Don't know why. After several rage attacks I deleted the complete AIR folder and installed again from the original ZIP.

That worked (for a while).

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 7:55 PM

Quote - Found the script...off to test and report.

Welcome to the club :)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:06 PM

If you look in

C:Documents and SettingsApplication Dataorg.LuxPose.LuxPose.CDC95EB2C8653080C2311EFF475397535E851155.1

or something like that, you can just delete that folder and it will ask you again the next time you run it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:19 PM

I don't know how you have solved some problems if were solved. I found Lux materials very incomplete and lacking of many useful features, at least in version 0.7.
The problems that I found are:

1- Transparency is very tricky and doesn't work properly. The only way that I found is using the mix and null materials. Setting an amount of transparency it works, but when I try to use a transparency map for the amount nothing happens.

2- For a simple diffuse and specular textures and a transparency map that doesn't work I have to create a lot of intermediate textures and materials and do a lot of tricks.
And I haven't tested bump maps yet and... displacement... forget it.

3- The lack of ambient color in Lux materials. The only way to do is to use a light as emisive material, but as LuxRender people says it takes more time to render emisive polygons.
Replacing  the ambient color by a light can be very good, but to be useful it need a transparency map applied to the light surface and no way to do this.

4- I tested a simple scene with a big square and a ball behind and the glass and translucent material doesn't work no matter how I change by hand the parameters.

Don't worry, nobody here is guilty of anything, Poser works fine and without problems.

Stupidity also evolves!

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:24 PM

Quote - If you look in

C:Documents and SettingsApplication Dataorg.LuxPose.LuxPose.CDC95EB2C8653080C2311EFF475397535E851155.1

or something like that, you can just delete that folder and it will ask you again the next time you run it.

Thank You BB!!

problem solved and cure Saved, even though I now see the location was shown during the initial installation.

Cheers
DR

Thomas Jefferson

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:24 PM

Quote - If you look in

Ok, for my setup now it's clear why I get this error sometimes. The contained permanent link contained there does not always exist on my setup. I switch my Wine-installation from one disk or path to another sometimes. My virtual Windows I use for compatibility testing is using completly other drive-letters. Now I set a softlink to this file and anything should be fine.

Thanks, BB!

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:31 PM

Quote -
1- Transparency is very tricky and doesn't work properly. The only way that I found is using the mix and null materials. Setting an amount of transparency it works, but when I try to use a transparency map for the amount nothing happens.

If transparency doesn't work in Lux, who the hell did they do it in Blender????

Tip: Forget about the tricks you learned for Poser to get "realistic glas". Read the Lux faq and forum. Have a look at the predefined Lux materials.

It's not easy. But it is possible.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:41 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:43 PM

Quote -
And I haven't tested bump maps yet and... displacement... forget it.

This reminds me: from the scene file description, it looks like displacement is done in the mesh, not the material. That makes sense to me, since displacement does in fact change the shape of what is rendered. I don't quite understand the details yet, but it seems that one has to specify a subdivision level as well for the displacement to take effect. If that's in fact the case, that would mean that the higher the level, the more details one would get.

I suspect that once everything's ready, we can simply feed the appropriate displacement 'texture' generated by BB's material conversion into this. All I need is an extra method call to get it out of the converter class.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:48 PM

Quote - Tip: Forget about the tricks you learned for Poser to get "realistic glas". Read the Lux faq and forum. Have a look at the predefined Lux materials.

I am not speaking about Poser and its tricks, I am speaking about LuxRender and LuxRender is not physically correct.
When a ray of light hits a trasparent object, one part of the energy is reflected, other part is refracted and a third is absorbed. You have three color parameters and LuxRender only has two, kr and kt, so it never can be physically correct..

Quote - If transparency doesn't work in Lux, who the hell did they do it in Blender????

I only want to know how it is done.
I want a material with a diffuse color, a texture and a transparency texture applied to the diffuse color. I also want the specular color with some color, withor without a tetxure map, but no transparency applied to the specular component.
It's a simple glass material where the transparency is used to create a micro geometry.
If this material do exist and works I will be very happy to see how was done and learn something new.
Only need a lxm file with only this material.

Stupidity also evolves!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 8:55 PM

Quote -
When a ray of light hits a trasparent object, one part of the energy is reflected, other part is refracted and a third is absorbed. You have three color parameters and LuxRender only has two, kr and kt, so it never can be physically correct..

Once you have specified what gets reflected and what passes through, whatever remains must be what gets absorbed. So you only need two parameters.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:00 PM

Quote - This reminds me: from the scene file description, it looks like displacement is done in the mesh, not the material. That makes sense to me, since displacement does in fact change the shape of what is rendered. I don't quite understand the details yet, but it seems that one has to specify a subdivision level as well for the displacement to take effect. If that's in fact the case, that would mean that the higher the level, the more details one would get.

Of course that it can be done in the mesh, but the purpose of displacement maps is lost.
Displacement map were invented just to give a geometry tiny details without the need of using a lot of polygons for these details.
A geometry with fine details will be much correct than using displacement maps that are only a trick, but a mesh of 50k polygons will turn into a million polygons mesh.

Stupidity also evolves!

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:08 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Once you have specified what gets reflected and what passes through, whatever remains must be what gets absorbed. So you only need two parameters.

You just forgot the energy that is turned into heat, and plants also use this energy for other things and human skin turns UV energy in vitamin D and so on...

And a black object? Light goes in and nothing goes out.

Stupidity also evolves!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - This reminds me: from the scene file description, it looks like displacement is done in the mesh, not the material. That makes sense to me, since displacement does in fact change the shape of what is rendered. I don't quite understand the details yet, but it seems that one has to specify a subdivision level as well for the displacement to take effect. If that's in fact the case, that would mean that the higher the level, the more details one would get.

Of course that it can be done in the mesh, but the purpose of displacement maps is lost.
Displacement map were invented just to give a geometry tiny details without the need of using a lot of polygons for these details.
A geometry with fine details will be much correct than using displacement maps that are only a trick, but a mesh of 50k polygons will turn into a million polygons mesh.

Just to be clear: you don't have to pass a mesh with a million polygons to Lux. You pass in the 50k mesh and your displacement map, and it generates the finer mesh internally (or so it looks, but I may be wrong). Every renderer that does displacement correctly has to have some kind of internal representation of a refined mesh with displacement applied.

Anyway, I may be misunderstanding what Lux does, so it makes no sense to discuss this further until I do.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:22 PM

Quote - Just to be clear: you don't have to pass a mesh with a million polygons to Lux. You pass in the 50k mesh and your displacement map, and it generates the finer mesh internally (or so it looks, but I may be wrong). Every renderer that does displacement correctly has to have some kind of internal representation of a refined mesh with displacement applied.

But if polygons are created internally they must be rendered, so in the end it will render one million polygons and not 50k.
Displacement maps, bump maps, transparency maps and even texture maps are tricks to give good visual image while keeping the number of rendered polygon low.

Stupidity also evolves!

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:37 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:39 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

You just forgot the energy that is turned into heat, and plants also use this energy for other things and human skin turns UV energy in vitamin D and so on...

And a black object? Light goes in and nothing goes out.

These are the properties for glass surfaces, a bit more than 2.

Glass

name                    description  
glass::Kr              The reflectivity of the surface  
glass::Kt              Fraction of light transmitted through the surface  
glass::index        The index of refraction for the glass surface 
glass::cauchyb   Cauchy B coefficient  
glass::film           The thickness in nanometers of the thin film coating (0.0 disables) on the surface  
glass::filmindex  The index of refraction of the thin film coating on the surface 

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:42 PM

Quote -
When a ray of light hits a trasparent object, one part of the energy is reflected, other part is refracted and a third is absorbed. You have three color parameters and LuxRender only has two, kr and kt, so it never can be physically correct.

Don't cry loud until you are really sure ...

Your missed parameter for refraction is called "index" (Index Of Refraction). And there are 3 more parameters. "couchyb" and 2 for a "film" - effect.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:45 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:46 PM

Kawecki, to be brutally honest - everytime you show up and start to open your mouth I get nervous.

If you wanna moan and complain that this or that or the other thing isn't physically correct, maybe you could go someplace else. All it does is start arguements and pisses off one programmer in particular who - quite frankly - we need in order to accomplish this plugin.

I've heard PoserPros is lovely this time of year.

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:46 PM

file_458116.jpg

> Quote - These are the properties for glass surfaces, a bit more than 2.

Of course that a glass or any surface has much more parameters, but the three basic are not present, only two.
Well, for glass the refraction index is also a basic parameter, so from the basic four only exist three.

I only want to do something like this, the fire is nothing more than a plane with ambient color and color, texture and transparency map applied to the difuse channel.

Has any rendered in Lux Vicky4 with hair that has transparencies?

Stupidity also evolves!

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:50 PM

Quote - If you wanna moan and complain that this or that or the other thing isn't physically correct, maybe you could go someplace else. All it does is start arguements and pisses off one programmer in particular who - quite frankly - we need in order to accomplish this plugin.

I only want to know how to do transparencies, anyone can help me?

Stupidity also evolves!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:50 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:51 PM

Quote - Has any rendered in Lux Vicky4 with hair that has transparencies?

Not yet, but I've rendered ivy made with the ivy generator that sure had a lot of leaves, each one layered on the other and each leaf with transparency.

Are you sure you even know what you're talking about? Or are you just trying to stir up trouble?

I've gotta wonder. Sorry.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:52 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - If you wanna moan and complain that this or that or the other thing isn't physically correct, maybe you could go someplace else. All it does is start arguements and pisses off one programmer in particular who - quite frankly - we need in order to accomplish this plugin.

I only want to know how to do transparencies, anyone can help me?

But it all (my ivy with leaves) exported out of Poser to Lux with the exporter intact? What do you need help with? So far as I've tested, ambience is not working yet, but transparency maps sure do.

Laurie

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quote - [

Yes.

Why not just try it out for yourself? Download the package und study what is defined as material so far.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:56 PM

Quote - So far as I've tested, ambience is not working yet, but transparency maps sure do.

Laurie,

ambient light will not work at all. We use area-lights for things like this (those lights having a geometry).

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:58 PM

Quote - But it all (my ivy with leaves) exported out of Poser to Lux with the exporter intact? What do you need help with?

If the leaves use a transparency map, just copy with a text editor the part of the leave material from the lxm file, post it here or send me an internal email and I can you give my email.

Stupidity also evolves!

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 9:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - These are the properties for glass surfaces, a bit more than 2.

Of course that a glass or any surface has much more parameters, but the three basic are not present, only two.
Well, for glass the refraction index is also a basic parameter, so from the basic four only exist three.

I only want to do something like this, the fire is nothing more than a plane with ambient color and color, texture and transparency map applied to the difuse channel.

By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - So far as I've tested, ambience is not working yet, but transparency maps sure do.

Laurie,

ambient light will not work at all. We use area-lights for things like this (those lights having a geometry).

Well, I was looking at his fire plane ;o). I know how I'd do it in Poser, but not Lux I'm afraid.

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:01 PM

Quote - By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency.

alpha map = transparency map

Stupidity also evolves!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:02 PM

Quote - > Quote - But it all (my ivy with leaves) exported out of Poser to Lux with the exporter intact? What do you need help with?

If the leaves use a transparency map, just copy with a text editor the part of the leave material from the lxm file, post it here or send me an internal email and I can you give my email.

Yes, adp is right. The leaves transparencies are just an alpha map, applied in Poser....converted over to Lux just fine. White includes, black drops out.

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:04 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:04 PM

Quote - Well, I was looking at his fire plane ;o). I know how I'd do it in Poser, but not Lux I'm afraid.

If would be possible to turn the ambient color into a light the fire could illuminate the walls with the fire's shape. This would be much better than Poser!!!!
And I have a lot of dungeons to illuminate....

Stupidity also evolves!

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quote - [
name                    description  
glass::Kr              The reflectivity of the surface  
glass::Kt              Fraction of light transmitted through the surface  
glass::index        The index of refraction for the glass surface 
glass::cauchyb   Cauchy B coefficient  
glass::film           The thickness in nanometers of the thin film coating (0.0 disables) on the surface  
glass::filmindex  The index of refraction of the thin film coating on the surface 

Couldn't the film effect be useful to fake SSS?

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency.

No, Sir. Not really.

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:07 PM

Quote - > Quote - These are the properties for glass surfaces, a bit more than 2.

It's really very simple: absorbed = total light - reflected - transmitted.
Example, 5% is reflected, 80% is transmitted, then 15% is absorbed.

If you follow this link you'll see a Luxrender I did with a few glass objects. [http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2099188

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2099188)

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I was looking at his fire plane ;o). I know how I'd do it in Poser, but not Lux I'm afraid.

If would be possible to turn the ambient color into a light the fire could illuminate the walls with the fire's shape. This would be much better than Poser!!!!

Yes, this works terrible good! We need a nice image with fire here ;)

One thing: Have a look into the Lux docs. They are talking about "achitectual glass". It renders faster, because it has no refraction.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:12 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I was looking at his fire plane ;o). I know how I'd do it in Poser, but not Lux I'm afraid.

They are discussing - or I thought so -  how to make a mesh object a light object, which would work nicely (I would think) for something like your brazier object.

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:13 PM

Quote - Quote - " Quote - "By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency."

"

No, Sir. Not really.

Which is the difference?

Quote - It's really very simple: absorbed = total light - reflected - transmitted.

Not so simple, of the 15% absorbed how many turned into diffuse light and how many was transformed into heat, light outside the spectrum internal energy and other energies.

Stupidity also evolves!

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:14 PM

Quote -
If you follow this link you'll see a Luxrender I did with a few glass objects. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2099188

Maybe could be interesting to see how glas comes out with area-light. You just have to scale your pointlight in Poser to a high value (I used 1000). Because the light is round then, the shadows are very smooth and perfectly "real".

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:19 PM

Quote - > Quote - Quote - " Quote - "By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency."

"

No, Sir. Not really.

Which is the difference?

Alpha is a sort of "stamp out". A transparency object can drop shadows and reflect light. Think about a hole in a window. The window is transparent (but with reflection/refraction). The hole is "stamped out" with an alpha-mask.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:22 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:31 PM

file_458119.jpg

As promised, here is that render I was working on.

I replaced the infinite light in Poser with the sun and sunsky setting from the example lux file included with LuxRender. I left the position as it was.

I like the lighing in this and the shadows as well, but I am having that problem with "fireflies" and I have no idea what that bright line is up the right side of the diagonal piece of the building with the doors. If you look behind the planter on the right side of the door it's where it's most noticeable.

I had to shrink this to get it small enough to upload, but the fireflies and that line are very noticeable on the larger image.

Rendertime: 9 hours.

Laurie

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:25 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quote - [

They are discussing - or I thought so -  how to make a mesh object a light object, which would work nicely (I would think) for something like your brazier object.

You can see if it is down while defining a point light in Poser. Export. In the lxo file -on top- the lights are defined. A pointlight is actually converted to an area-light with a "build-in" primitive geometry from Lux named "sphere".

# start light "Light 2"
AttributeBegin
 TransformBegin
  Translate 1.90746486187 190.746490479 19.0746498108
  AreaLightSource "area"
   "color L" [1.0 1.0 1.0]
   "float gain" [0.639999985695]
   <span style="color:rgb(255,153,0);">Shape "sphere" "float radius" [0.0654069767442]</span>
  TransformEnd
AttributeEnd

The shape-statement can be replaced with any other geometry.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - [

You can see if it is down while defining a point light in Poser. Export. In the lxo file -on top- the lights are defined. A pointlight is actually converted to an area-light with a "build-in" primitive geometry from Lux named "sphere".

# start light "Light 2"
AttributeBegin
 TransformBegin
  Translate 1.90746486187 190.746490479 19.0746498108
  AreaLightSource "area"
   "color L" [1.0 1.0 1.0]
   "float gain" [0.639999985695]
   <span style="color:rgb(255,153,0);">Shape "sphere" "float radius" [0.0654069767442]</span>
  TransformEnd
AttributeEnd

The shape-statement can be replaced with any other geometry.

Interesting ;o).

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:31 PM

Transparency maps are not transparency even are related.
A transparent object has a fixed value on how much it is transparent, a transparency map is a RGB image that modulates this transparency value, so it can turn the object more or less transparent by pixel value.
Strictly alpha maps are not the same as transparency maps, alpha maps only modulate the overall transparency for all colors. A transparent map can modulate each RGB component.
Poser only use alpha maps.

Stupidity also evolves!

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Quote - " Quote - "By the way: You are looking for alpha-maps, not transparency."

"

No, Sir. Not really.

Which is the difference?

Quote - It's really very simple: absorbed = total light - reflected - transmitted.

Not so simple, of the 15% absorbed how many turned into diffuse light and how many was transformed into heat, light outside the spectrum internal energy and other energies.

While that might be important in real life for biology, physics, etc..
It will not matter much when creating an image, you won't feel the heat, your leaves won't be synthesizing sunlight, you won't be imaging ultraviolet or infrared. ;)

So the equation will be close enough for image rendering.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:36 PM · edited Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - Transparency maps are not transparency even are related.
A transparent object has a fixed value on how much it is transparent, a transparency map is a RGB image that modulates this transparency value, so it can turn the object more or less transparent by pixel value.
Strictly alpha maps are not the same as transparency maps, alpha maps only modulate the overall transparency for all colors. A transparent map can modulate each RGB component.
Poser only use alpha maps.

Ok, I don't think it helps to argue what exactly what does what and why. It just turns into a pissing contest. For the sake of this plugin, we're going with what Poser uses and that's an alpha map, ok? I don't care one wit how it does what it does or the difference between. The image used to calculate transparency on the leaves in my image was a plain old, run of the mill alpha map. Just black and white. And it converts to Lux just the way it should. That should be the end of it.

Laurie

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2010 at 10:37 PM

Quote - While that might be important in real life for biology, physics, etc..
It will not matter much when creating an image, you won't feel the heat, your leaves won't be synthesizing sunlight, you won't be imaging ultraviolet or infrared. ;)

So the equation will be close enough for image rendering.

It will depend on the physical properties of the object. For a silver mirror or a good quality crystal glass the image error will be insignificant, but if you deal with a plastic you are in trouble.
Of course for Poser or Vue users the error will be also not so important, after all we don't care too much with Phong that is physically wrong.

Stupidity also evolves!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.