Tue, Oct 1, 5:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 3:04 PM · edited Tue, 28 September 2010 at 3:05 PM

Quote -  So... I am kind of lost... What is the Subdivision for? I know what it is, just not sure what it is being used for in this situation.

Try it out with a sphere from Posers "Primitives". If you render such a sphere (with LuxRender) you will see it's very lowres. Catmul-Clark subdivision is a specialized methode to make a 3D-model "smoother". Ask wikipedia to read more about this. 

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 8:33 PM

Need a material for a Halloween pic I'm thinking of trying in Lux. I'm going to use a melty, drippy candle, either red or black. What Lux material formula would I use for candle wax? And how would I do the candle flame object? I don't absolutely have to light this particular candle, but if I were to???

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 8:47 PM

For candle wax I guess one of Laurie's gel materials, change the colors and glossiness, should look good.
Small point light for candle flame? See this image where I used a scaled down point light.

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 11:16 PM · edited Tue, 28 September 2010 at 11:23 PM

file_459760.jpg

Latest update gives me problems. Texture maps did not come in on my background props (DM productions), however it looks like the bumps came in. The lighting was so incredibly dark (I used only one spot light.) I'm going back to the 30-a update.

I stopped the render when I realized the textures had somehow not gone through.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 28 September 2010 at 11:56 PM · edited Tue, 28 September 2010 at 11:57 PM

file_459762.jpg

Arrrgh! Now I find that 30-a exporter had a problem. I do not know if it is also in 30-d because I deleted that one from my Poser 8 runtime.  I have marked it.  I have only two lights. One Spot light and One Point light. The Point Light is casting a circular shadow. I am continuing the render because I'm testing the materials on the candles.

Weapons of choice:

ayanematrix ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:03 AM · edited Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:14 AM

file_459766.jpg

Part of the reason you're seeing a black object in the background is due to one of the lights being in front of one another. You could move it out of the way to avoid the shadow, change it's type, turn it off from within the GUI and loose it's lighting data, or remove it from the exported lights. I think this might have been touched on somewhere in the thread.

Another possibility to consider, aside from turning the flame itself into a mesh light, your best bet would be to set it to emit light from by modifying it's material and exported geometry, detailed a bit on the LuxRender wiki.

What's interesting is that having an object emit light instead of being a full blown mesh light is that the scene appears to render much more quickly than the norm and the scene still receives light from the said object. Sadly, since that sort of functionality has not been implemented in LuxPose, you'll have to hand edit each flame object emitter mesh and and it's assigned material. Possible example as follows:

<em>Add this after the NamedMaterial section for your light
emmitter:<br></br>
    LightGroup "flame"<br></br><br></br>
    AreaLightSource "area" 
"texture L" ["Flame:light:L"]<br></br>
   "float power" [2.000000]<br></br>
   "float efficacy" [20.000000]<br></br>
   "float gain" [1.000000]</em>

You'll need to play with those settings to see what works for your scene, then add something similar to the following after your generated material for that object:

<em>Texture "Flame:light:L" "color"
"blackbody"<br></br>
   "float temperature"
[6500.000000]</em>

If you want to be able to able to control each individual flame, you'll obviously need to change each one's LightGroup name. Also, you don't need to add anything else to your exported lights file (.lxl) as it's not a real light, per say. Again, I also highly recommend that the object is textured and, possibly, transparent for a more interesting effect.

ayanematrix ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:17 AM

Quote - Updated Version 1.30d

Pathes now all changed to forward slashes. 

To make CC-subdivision more useful, I added seperate scripts to the utility folder:

addParameters2CurrentActor.py

Adds parameter dials to the currently selected prop.

addParameters2AllActors.py

Adds parameter dials to all props in a scene.

Additionally there is a script to delete the parameters: deleteParametersFromAllActors.py

Important note: This parameters are only used if the subdivision-level in dataOut.bblm is set to 0.

Any chance that you took a look at the Poser 6 error from earlier and made a fix? If not, is it simply possibly that by being outside of the python folder for Poser 6's runtime that it can't import the necessary files to function?

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 5:33 AM

Quote - Any chance that you took a look at the Poser 6 error from earlier and made a fix? If not, is it simply possibly that by being outside of the python folder for Poser 6's runtime that it can't import the necessary files to function?

Yep. But I need your help because I don't have P6 installed.
I've updated the current package (same version-number). Can you please try if the error still occurs with P6? If yes, start "tellSysPath.py" from the utility folder and post the output, please.

ayanematrix ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 6:14 AM

Quote - Yep. But I need your help because I don't have P6 installed.
I've updated the current package (same version-number). Can you please try if the error still occurs with P6? If yes, start "tellSysPath.py" from the utility folder and post the output, please.

Well, if I leave it outside the Poser 6 directory, say C:Program Files, I get the same issue. Here are the results of tellsysPath.py:

• ['', '', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30c', '', '', '', '', 'C:Python26', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonDLLs', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlib', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlibplat-win', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonliblib-tk', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePython', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlibsite-packages', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30c', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30c/workers', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30c/pydough', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30c/luxmatic', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d'

After that, I tried copying and pasting it into the Python runtime folder(s) to see if it changed any by moving it and got the following:

• Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "", line 212, in ?
      File "C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 62, in ?
        import BBLuxMat
      File "C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkersBBLuxMat.py", line 55, in ?
        reload(luxmatic.matcore)
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'matcore

I guess whether it's in the runtime folder or outside of it, there seems to be some sort of problem for Poser 6. Not really sure what else could be causing it. 😕

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 7:27 AM

Please try the actual version. I've added some lines to find something out. Please post the complete output.

MysticDaniel ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 10:40 AM

Ok now I have a problem. I only downloaded luxrender and the plugin for poser last night, but the render takes too long. I setup the scene in poser and imported it into luxrender. I put in on linear tone mapping and didn't change anything else. It was a simple portrait so i watched it render. It took so long I decided to go to bed and when I woke up it didn't change very much, mostly loads of dots no texture only the form of the face and it was still rendering. This is about 8 hrs.
Am I doing something wrong? What setting should I use. In poser I used one of BB's lights he included in his Vss shader folder. An indoor one. Nothing else!

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quote - Ok now I have a problem. I only downloaded luxrender and the plugin for poser last night, but the render takes too long. I setup the scene in poser and imported it into luxrender. I put in on linear tone mapping and didn't change anything else. It was a simple portrait so i watched it render. It took so long I decided to go to bed and when I woke up it didn't change very much, mostly loads of dots no texture only the form of the face and it was still rendering. This is about 8 hrs.
Am I doing something wrong? What setting should I use. In poser I used one of BB's lights he included in his Vss shader folder. An indoor one. Nothing else!

Textures are not converted yet, because BB is too busy to work on this. What works are only simple textures (P4-style). This is not a real problem, because LuxRender does not need complicated textures.

Regarding to your light: Don't know how you set up the scene. But if you're using IBL than you have to note that LuxRenders lighting system is different from Poser. You better start with simpler spot and pointlight to get a feeling for what LuxRender can do. The most complicated things we are familar with in Poser are not required with LuxRender.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 11:52 AM

Also, to expand on adp's answer...

LuxRender is an unbiased renderer and therefore, for the present time, is much slower than Poser's firefly. What might take a half hour in Poser will take hours and hours in Luxrender. The result however will be vastly superior in LuxRender. If you aren't prepared to waive time for a better render then LuxRender may not be for you ;o).

The LuxRender programmers are busy getting GPU rendering to work with it, which will speed it up a lot if you have a decent graphics card, but for now, it's all CPU and is slow.

Laurie

MysticDaniel ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 11:53 AM

ok thanks ADP

ayanematrix ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:08 PM

Well, now it's one step close to finding a solution. :)

Traceback (most recent call last):<br></br>
  File "<string>", line 61, in ?<br></br>
  File "C:Program
FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkersBBLuxMat.py", line 55,
in ?<br></br>
    reload(luxmatic.matcore)<br></br>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
'matcore

Do you still need the output from tellsysPath.py?

Also, if I add the following:

try:
    import luxmatic.matcore
except:
    import sys
    sys.path.insert(0, myFolder)
    import luxmatic.matcore

try:
    import luxmatic.nodes
except:
    import sys
    sys.path.insert(0, myFolder)
    import luxmatic.nodes

I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 218, in ?
  File "C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 63, in ?
    reload(BBLuxMat)
  File "C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkersBBLuxMat.py", line 67, in ?

File "", line 921
     scale=" ".join(str(v) for v in (self.x_scale/scdiv, self.y_scale/scdiv, self.z_scale/scdiv)),
                             ^
 SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Blargh, I probably messed something up somewhere!

ayanematrix ( ) posted Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:33 PM · edited Wed, 29 September 2010 at 2:34 PM

Ah, forget it, I'll just post what tellSysPath.py says:

['', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d', '', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d', '', '', '', 'C:Python26', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonDLLs', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlib', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlibplat-win', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonliblib-tk', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePython', 'C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonlibsite-packages', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dworkers', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dpydough', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30dluxmatic', 'C:Program FilesPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-30d']

I think it was the same as last time, but somehow copying and pasting it into the window dropped off the bracket. 😕

Gah, I should have read that earlier to be sure, but it was soo early. :closedeyes:

ayanematrix ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 12:45 PM

file_459835.jpg

Image sample above for issue below.

Hit another snag with the exporter 1.30d, which is pretty much what Latexluv experienced a page ago. What appears to be happening is for materials that have solid (ie. no textures attached) diffuse and specular colors set to black are being dropped off at the time of export. Without them, LuxRender will default everything to white and blow out the other attached colors or textures attached to the mesh. As a work around until the next version, simply going into the file itself with a text editor and setting the color Kd/Ks information to [0 0 0] or slightly higher fixes the issue. That, or giving everything in Poser a different color prior to running LuxPose would work as well.

ayanematrix ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 12:49 PM

file_459836.png

And with with fixed image. Sorry about it being tiny. :unsure:

Also, I noticed that one of the polygons attached to Terai Yuki 2's flip-flop strap seems to have shifted away from mesh. At first, I thought I was seeing things, but it's consistent with each time I run the export script and is not visible in Poser 7's OpenGL (software, blargh, crap laptop!) real-time viewer or final render. Not sure what to make of it, other than possibly that the area where the polygon/vertex is located is being approximated in some off manner at the time of export. I'll have to get it past 120 S/px to be sure. 😕

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 2:48 PM

Quote - And with with fixed image. Sorry about it being tiny. :unsure:

Also, I noticed that one of the polygons attached to Terai Yuki 2's flip-flop strap seems to have shifted away from mesh. At first, I thought I was seeing things, but it's consistent with each time I run the export script and is not visible in Poser 7's OpenGL (software, blargh, crap laptop!) real-time viewer or final render. Not sure what to make of it, other than possibly that the area where the polygon/vertex is located is being approximated in some off manner at the time of export. I'll have to get it past 120 S/px to be sure. 😕

Thanks for the report!

Fixed Version Alpha 1.30e

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 2:57 PM

Quote - Not sure what to make of it, other than possibly that the area where the polygon/vertex is located is being approximated in some off manner at the time of export. I'll have to get it past 120 S/px to be sure. 😕

Can't say anything about the geometry but nothing has changed here.

With the last version I changed how subdivision is handled. "addParameters2allActors.py" now attaches the dials only in a figures body actor. All other actors of a figure are left alone. The dials in the body are taken for subdividing of the whole figure.

Beside of Catmul-Clark subdividing, LuxRenders own subdividing can also be used. This is mutch faster and should be used if "normal" subdividing is needed and boundaries should stay sharp.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 3:03 PM

If you want LuxRender render faster, change the SurfaceIntegrator- and the Accelerator-part in *.lxs:

SurfaceIntegrator "path"

"string lightstrategy" ["one"]

Accelerator "qbvh"

(delete the rest from Acccelerator)

NOTE: Maybe not all images are renered correct with this parameters.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 3:37 PM

I am getting this error in poser 6.

File "", line 53, in ?
Exception:

Please install script into correct folder

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 4:01 PM

Quote - I am getting this error in poser 6.

File "", line 53, in ?
Exception:

Please install script into correct folder

Did you extract the complete zip into ../Python/poserscripts?

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 4:07 PM

Seems the only way to have this al run with P6 is to hardcode the folder-structure. This means, with P6 it must be extracted to ./Runtime/Python/PoserScripts.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 4:12 PM

I checked by unzipping all the files again and I still get the same error when I run the script.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 4:59 PM

My last try for P6 for the moment. 
Must be installed into ./Python/poserScripts.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 5:44 PM

What you think, will there be some material tweaking UI in luxpose coming soon? Do you need any implementation help here?  If not, I guess I should buy this reality thing over at DAZ, it has its "last" sale day :)

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 30 September 2010 at 6:36 PM

I get this error now.

File "", line 76, in ?
Exception: Folder 'toLux' can't be created in path D:Poser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrender.Check if a file named 'toLux' exists already

The problem seems to be the luxrender part of the path, that doesn`t actually exist.

Synpainter ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 4:39 AM · edited Fri, 01 October 2010 at 4:51 AM

file_459864.jpg

Depth of Field...

How is this setup in Poser to LUX? 

In the meantime, I finally created an image almost worthwhile of posting:)

Synpainter ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 4:42 AM

Depth of Field...

ayanematrix ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 5:14 AM

Found another problem in 1.30e, most of which links back to xantor's encounter earlier. For the most part, it seems that the directory structure was really hardcoded to be in the following directory: C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrender. This itself creates some issues if you just extract the scripts into a folder in the same directory, but by the compressed zip file name. After making the directory and moving the scripts over, you're then presented with another issue, this time relating to the subdivision code for Lux itself rather than using CC.

Compiling C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrenderluxmaticnodes.pyc

Loading  pydough.geometry_export

Loading  pydough.geometry

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.from_poser

Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux

Loading  pydough.hair

Loading  pydough.to_lux

LuxPose Version alpha 1.30e, exporting files to C:program filesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrendertoLux3poserscene_alpha 1.30e.lxs

Using sampler metropolis

Using integrator path

Using accelerator qbvh

GEOMETRY EXPORT

CC-Subdivision for figures: 0

Figures compute normals: 1

File "", line 219, in ?

File "C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrenderworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 544, in write

ExportFigure(fig, self.globalParameters).write(outfile)

File "C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 6RuntimePythonposerScriptsluxrenderworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 235, in write

meshparameterstring = (file,

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'sharp' referenced before assignment

Seems that setting lux_subdivision to 1 or more brings this error up on both Poser 6 and 7. Using ccfigures or ccprops at 1 or more does not. Though, oddly enough, setting ccfigures to 1 by itself seems to not work in creating subdivisions. 😕

Oh, and you're right about setting integrator to Path being pretty fast. Seems to really work well with HDR IBL lights and a single infinite light for low level specular. Though, now it appears that the HDR map I attached to the light is showing up on the background! Not sure what happened there, mostly as it was not acting like that the other day.

ayanematrix ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 5:18 AM

Quote -  Depth of Field...

Pretty cool image of Sackboy from Little Big Planet. Seeing him just puts a smile on my face. 😄

As for depth of field, I'm not too sure how that works in the current exporter. Chances are that it has something to do with an explicit setting pertaining to the camera controls in the .lxs file, but I really have no idea. :huh:

Anyone else know how to make it work?

Flenser ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 5:54 AM

I don't think the exporter does DoF, you have to add DoF settings to the .lxs file, like so:

Camera "perspective"

"float fov" [14.8586407274]

"bool autofocus" ["false"]

"float lensradius" [0.00625]

"float focaldistance" [4.0]

lensradius is dependant on the camera aperture setting, this is for an Fstop of 2.8, lower Fstop is larger radius.
focaldistance is distance in meters to the focal point.
autofocus must be false.

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 6:17 AM

**ayanematrix,
thanks for your detailed report. 

I now re-structured the zip, having "luxrender" as the main-path.
I hoe the actual download will work now, even subdivision per actor.

Synpainter ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 6:21 AM

Quote - I don't think the exporter does DoF, you have to add DoF settings to the .lxs file, like so:
Camera "perspective"

lensradius is dependant on the camera aperture setting, this is for an Fstop of 2.8, lower Fstop is larger radius.
autofocus must be false.

Thanks for this 👍 will give it a shot this weekend :)

The double post has me stummped once again, must be the dialup "Power of Cheese" (read AOL)

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 6:21 AM

Quote - What you think, will there be some material tweaking UI in luxpose coming soon? Do you need any implementation help here?  If not, I guess I should buy this reality thing over at DAZ, it has its "last" sale day :)

I don't know what the other guys are planning.

For the GUI: The "webserver" already included in the package could be used to make a "tweaking GUI". At least after some additions.

Synpainter ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 6:30 AM

Quote - [Pretty cool image of Sackboy from Little Big Planet. Seeing him just puts a smile on my face. 😄

OT:  It's Samedi from Netherworks Freebie :) Very cool little dude.

here <<<

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:17 AM

Quote - I don't think the exporter does DoF, you have to add DoF settings to the .lxs file, like so:
Camera "perspective"

autofocus must be false.

Version Alpha 1-30g

with DOF support.

Parameters are taken from Posers GUI, except for the parameter "lensradius" (this is how depth the sharp area is). This is taken from "Shutter Open". If "Shutter Open" is zero, depth of field is ignored (camera works as before).

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:24 AM

*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:8888 - Poser RuntimesPoser ProRuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuLuxRenderPoserLuxExporter.py", line 57, in ?
    raise Exception, "nnPlease install script into correct folder!"
Exception:

Please install script into correct folder!*

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:37 AM

Quote - *Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:8888 - Poser RuntimesPoser ProRuntimePythonposerScriptsScriptsMenuLuxRenderPoserLuxExporter.py", line 57, in ?
Exception:

Which Poser version?

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:42 AM

The best way is to extract the folder "luxrender" from the zip package to [PoserPath]/Runtime/Python/PoserScripts.

I tried it on a fresh installed Poser 2010 and it works this way.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:44 AM

Quote - > Quote - *Traceback (most recent call last):

Exception:

Which Poser version?

Poserpro

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Synpainter ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - I don't think the exporter does DoF, you have to add DoF settings to the .lxs file, like so:

Camera "perspective"

autofocus must be false.

Version Alpha 1-30g

with DOF support.

Parameters are taken from Posers GUI, except for the parameter "lensradius" (this is how depth the sharp area is). This is taken from "Shutter Open". If "Shutter Open" is zero, depth of field is ignored (camera works as before).

:woot: THANKS!

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 7:47 AM

Quote -
The best way is to extract the folder "luxrender" from the zip package to [PoserPath]/Runtime/Python/PoserScripts.

makes no difference. same error message as before, just one folder up.

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 8:34 AM

Quote - > Quote -

makes no difference. same error message as before, just one folder up.

Don't know why this does not work for you.
The test for correct folder is now only done for Poser versions less than 7.  Please re-download and post if this works for you too.

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 8:40 AM

ok that fixed it, thanks!

stepson ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 9:24 PM

Did odf quit on us?  😕

Life is hard, but what a ride.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 01 October 2010 at 9:30 PM

Nah, odf is on vacation and BB is busy with paid work. They'll be back (I hope). Don't know what happened to Dizzi tho ;o).

Laurie

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 12:30 AM

Well export with the latest Luxpose is quite interesting. The image came in at just the right settings under Linear. I didn't have to fiddle with anything. However, I have tried to brighten my lights and use black body temperature but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I'm still rendering tho. I did want to ask about Poser light export. Will shadow blurring be supported at sometime? My shadow in the image looks way too sharp for my taste.

Weapons of choice:

odf ( ) posted Sat, 02 October 2010 at 4:06 AM

Quote - Did odf quit on us?  😕

No, I just have flaky internet that doesn't like rainy weather.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.