Sun, Oct 6, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Explorer

daali ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 4:39 PM

......................last thanks
You did a perfect job
including thanks to the staff of Rendo
a very personal thanks :-)

I fear it is a problem between my PC and Renderosity                                                 

I can not open  also other links of Renderosity

Alida

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 4:49 PM

Could be your antivirus or firewall settings. I don't have any problems here but at some other sites I have to turn off my Firewall to upload and download stuff.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

daali ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 5:03 PM

Thanks Lenord
I'll try to check.....although it is not the same message
when the virus blocks a download, but I confess
I'm really bad at these things :-(

Alida

ligt ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:58 AM

hi, i managed to open the helpfile, but it is in russian. eilaas, i can't read that. does anyone has one in another language

( not hungarian or japanese or so....)

monica

daali ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 9:06 AM

this is my address: alidabb@yahoo.it

write me and  I will send you the help file in english by email

Alida

Gaiadriel ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 6:51 PM

Ack! Just look at all I've been missing! This is wonderful, all. And thanks, Juliette, for all you've done. :)

Merr! STILL sick with that mess??? I'm so sorry to hear this, Merren! That's it. Flames pronto here. I've finally shaken it completely, but it definitely took awhile. But, I cannot begin to imagine dealing with that painful breathing, and the pain from just lying down, for a full three months. Poor you! I seriously hope you're improved sooner than predicted. Power hugs your way, dear lady.

Mies and Alida, so good to find you both here too. And Mies, I'm also sorry to hear about your troubles and trials. I hope life goes much more gently for you, very, very soon.

I'm going to try to compress some spots for upload here too, at some point this weekend. Although as some of you know, I had to start completely from scratch in Aug, 2005, after the hurricane and losing my desktop computer as well as my external drive. But there are still many since that time, and everyone's welcome to them if interested. I'll pop in and drop a line when they're up.

Hope you all have an excellent weekend! Hugs! :)

Nancy

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Fri, 29 October 2010 at 8:34 PM

Waving to you, Nancy, and sending hugs back. Dear daughter I am so pleased you are feeling better. Yes. I remember all that you lost.

Re spots: Ummm My master spotfile is ouch! 179Mb LOL. I have to do some serious truncating before I can upload. Or maybe think of another way of doing it. I do have spots filed elsewhere in categories (well, I am a Virgo after all), but that's kind of messy too. Hohum. I have to work on it after I have a decent sleep. Maybe tomorrow.

love

merr

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 8:39 AM

I'll see if I can dig out some Spots to post in the freebies. I have a bad habit of not saving spots in FE or Flames in Apo though, just too impatient I guess. Wasn't till Incendia and Mandelbulb3d I started saving files like that but I'll see what I can dig out from the FE graveyard.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 8:47 AM

The more the merrier Len:-)))

daali ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 9:26 AM

Jenny's right!!!!!!
Hello Nancy! I, too like you, lost everything in 2006 / 7
disastrous........only after a long long time I managed to find a person
that  pulled something out of the HD
Merr how are you?
Monica works the helpfile?

Alida

ligt ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 12:04 PM

hi alida, yes the file works, thanks for sendoing.

now i have to figur out what is what, and where is it!!!

undoubtely it will take time.

good weekend to everyone!

monica

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 12:11 PM

Monica, there are some fantastic tutorials for FE, written in dutch by Titia

http://members.home.nl/titiavanbeugen/downloads/download.html

juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 12:31 PM

Oh cool!
I sure can use them, too!

Corrie

ligt ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 2:08 PM

oh, that is so what i was looking for, thank you thank you thank you.

did not know that titia made this, i knew she was very good with fe!

i have my work cut out for this winter.

monica

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 2:32 PM

She wrote it very simply.  Still helping us.  Have fun Monica and don't forget where we are if you need anything.

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 3:11 PM

glad I could help you Monica,,, and Jenny wrote ir right : Titia is still helping and inspiring us !

als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

XenoDreamSoftware ( ) posted Sat, 30 October 2010 at 11:40 PM

Ouch, Merren, that is a long time! I had pleurisy once, with every breath painful and sometimes even heartbeats hurt, but it was mostly gone after a week or two of rest and medication. I hope you have a faster recovery.

Interesting that UF, FE and XD are all made with Delphi. One of the guidelines for developers is to avoid using 3rd party components that don't come with source code, if you want forward compatibility.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 4:25 AM · edited Sun, 31 October 2010 at 4:25 AM

Good morning everyone!

Right now, I have a few of my spot-files uploaded.
Of course with much help from Karel.
I'll try to do more later.
Thanks Nancy for your encouraging words.
Thank all for your advice and help.
I appreciate you all very much, and am delighted a lot with this treat.
It is so nice to do this together.
Wish you a nice Sunday, and especially for "our" friend Merren, much strength and endurance. I sympathize with your pain. You are strong, my brave warrior.

Again, thank you all for your help,
Mies :-).

QuietRiot ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:28 AM

I started my leap into digital art with FE back in 2004. I used to post my work here, but for some reason people (here in the forums) got very snobbish about which fractal programs others used( it seems UF was considered the only true "art" program or some such garbage) and the fact that postwork made you post in the MM gallery. I finally pulled most of my fractal art and left. I think I have only a few fractal pieces in my gallery. I still love FE, and put my copy on several CDs to make sure I never lose it. lol

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:36 AM

You still run into that Quiet Riot, I have run into the same thing. To some it's not good enough just to try and do something creative you have to it with only "acceptable" programs,  without  postwork so the purests don't get peeved, what a crock. I've hit that wall of Cliqueshness in every gallery here except Mixed Medium and 2d.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:45 AM

I was recently told to make what I like.
And not what others like.
I always do and I love it!
That goes for fractal, too.
No matter what program!  :-)

Corrie

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:54 AM

so true Corrie !

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 10:56 AM

That is a sad story, but so lovely in that you have kept your copies.  I think Rendo must have changed a lot now, for all the fractal artists are a very friendly and helpful bunch and I have never once noticed any ill feeling, only really good cameraderie.  Maybe the people using UF and FE and all the other programmes understand it should be fun.  Are we going to see you posting FE again?  I'd love to see your images. I do quite a lot of postwork in FE Textures facility and add a little in PI or PSP, and have never been challenged.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 11:03 AM

Len,  I canot imagine that you would let anything get to you.  Maybe I am thick but I don't recall anything like this happening to me.   Oh dear.....perhaps I have missed summat! hehe

Corrie - you are quite right.  The way to be is your way.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 11:12 AM

I said I've run into it, never said I let it get to me, I'm too damn old and mean to cower from any type of criricism or pressure, you know me. The latest was in the MojoWorld Gallery, one particular Mojonaut took offense that I have so many friends commenting on my MoJo pieces that don't use MoJo themselves, how could possibly judge them as to competency with the program. Now what the hell kind of crap is that, didn't freaking know it was a contest or a bad thing to have friends. I just shine that stuff on and keep on doing my own thing. 

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 11:16 AM

As I said, I can't imagine......

I just thought we were here as kindred spirits.  Anyway I like your outlook and your humour you know that.

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 11:23 AM

There is always going to be some who think there Defecation is so tightly consolidated it can't possibly be odorus, just ignore them. That's my motto

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 31 October 2010 at 12:34 PM

hehe.................................................

Gaiadriel ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 6:05 PM

Hi everyone!

Well, best intentions again to hell in a handbasket, right? I had trouble uploading when I was finally able to try this past weekend, but the problem isn't the site, it's my ISP and sporadic connectivity and ul/dl speeds again. I'll keep trying. Another service call tomorrow afternoon. But, also working tons of mandatory overtime just now too, and both Sat. and Sun. So, I can't promise when. But, they're coming. Just didn't want you to think I've gone poof again, or that I'm not going to stick with getting this done. In the meantime, I hope you're all playing like crazy with the spots Juliette, Jenn, and Alida look like they've already shared. What fun! Thanks to each of you. I'll be downloading them as soon as I can, and getting happily sucked into the frac-vortex. Hey, can I retire yet? :)

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 7:07 PM

Darn it all! I just wrote a reply to everyone, point by point, and hit the wrong button and dumped the darned lot. Firefox killed all the tabs, and won't restore from the history.  I'll rewrite it all when I can.

Meantime, thanks everyone for wishes and those positive thoughts.

love

mer

daali ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hi Nancy :-)

if you solve the problems of the upload, then explain to me how you did it
I had it done by Juliette and Jenny.

Hi Merr :-)

Alida

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Fri, 05 November 2010 at 10:04 PM · edited Fri, 05 November 2010 at 10:05 PM

No problems uploading my file.  I just hit 'Free Stuff'.'Upload Free Stiuff', then followed the instructions. 272 spots awaiting approval. Two or 3 have some nudity, so I hope the staff don't flip lol.

dochtersions ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 2:02 AM · edited Sat, 06 November 2010 at 2:02 AM

Quote - Darn it all! I just wrote a reply to everyone, point by point, and hit the wrong button and dumped the darned lot. Firefox killed all the tabs, and won't restore from the history.  I'll rewrite it all when I can.

Oh boy, ....uh girl, that's frustrating. Really not nice, your computer did tease you , just as you've done so much work.
Too bad we missed, your always nice comments and good words.
I now just use my fantasy, okay? hehe!
But, dear you should just take it easy!!!!
Listening to Mies, right?

Wishing you all a lovely (fractally) weekend :).
Hoping I'll be lucky by collecting again some of my spotfiles and put them here on RR (on the right place ;-))

Bye all,
Mies.

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 06 November 2010 at 4:48 AM

Good morning everyone,#

No Nancy you cannot retire.  You are ensnared in fractaland forever.  What a good job you love it:-)  Don't kill yourself doing overtime either.

Merren - your messages will be up in the ether somewhere, perhaps a fishing expedition is called for?  It's a horrible feeling that hitting the wrong spot...usually the one with a picture of a window on it, and one I am used to hitting. 

Hoping you are making a good recovery and not overdoing things:-)

Alida, your spots are all uploaded now so it is ok:-)  It isn't you - it's the machinery.

Mies, It's so lovely to see you here.  Always someone to help when you have a problem, you know that. Have a great weekend:-)

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 1:26 AM

Ha! I am listening to you, dear Mies. If I take it much easier I'll be dead!  Pain is a bit less. I haven't needed to open the morphine bottle for a couple of days.

Thankyou everyone for your wishes and thoughts.

love

merr

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 4:55 AM

You're a brave girl, my friend Merren!

Thank you for listen to me !
What would it be nice, if you could create conditions in which you can leave the lid on the morfinepot.
That time for sure will comes, and of course we do hope SOON!

b.t.w. May I ask, is Nancy (Gaiadriel) in real life your daughter? Or is it, I am so stupid to think that? (because you wrote to Nancy: " my daughter")

Take your time in everything, dear.

Wishing all of you a wonderful Sunday,
'Seeyou', ;-)
Mies.

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Sun, 07 November 2010 at 7:13 PM

Ah yes, Mies, the morphine is staying closed. I am listening to you!! You are a blessing.

Nancy isn't my real daughter, but she is as dear to me as if she were. We have known each other for many years, since well before Katrina when she lost everything. She is very special, as are some other people that you also know, including Joeydude and Jenny. I think Joyey and I were among the original FE  users; he arrived not too long after me, and Nancy wasn't far behind. Then Jen. Is that right, Jenny?   Not sure where Len came in. Where did you come in, Len?

Anyway, speaking to Len: I'm not at all surprised that there are people who look down their elongated noses at 'the very idea of post processing'. Firstly, they are dumb and stupid, and secondly, they are dumb and stupid.

I almost never post process, because that's the way I work. To be truly honest, most p/p is beyond me, as I'm inherently lazy. But I admire enormously those of you who do p/p, and do it so well. Just as some of us stick with one programme or another, not because others are stink, but, well, just because we like our favourites. Most of us have tried almost everything that's out there, and settled on what we like. I drink tea; does that mean I'm better than you who drink coffee? I have old copies of UF and Garth's XenoDream that I play with now and then, and even post sometimes.

Anyway I didn't intend to write a book. Take care everyone

love

mer

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 1:17 AM

I don't know how morphine works.  It didn't help Alex and I hate even the name of it for it did not even blur the edges of his agony.  I do understand your pain will be severe and I don't know of any alternative that can help.  You are a tough bird;  you'll get through it.  I hope each day will be a little more bearable. We all wish you strength.

As regards pp ....I was once a purist, but then I learnt some of the rudimentaries of it..hehe..I know I over egg it sometimes. I remember a discussion on the pro's and con's here some years ago and I almost shrivelled up back into my shell to think that Artists I admired did not agree with it, but then I got over that and did what I liked.  I'm a sucker for temptation.

Yes, I came well after you and Evelyn and Sally too.  You all gave me such a lot of help - always questions and questions; gosh I could not even find my way round  my computer in those days but I was desperate to use FE and find all the wonderful things you were showing. I also have to thank Babs and HarleysAngel who took me by the hand  and actually showed  how to join FEUsers by picture form!!!!!! I even had a HarleysAngel email address.

Anyway Merren, I hope for you a more comfortable week and getting stronger all the time..

x

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:16 AM

I am allergic to morphine, and maybe that's a blessing !, allthough I have a lot of pain, I never use any painkiller

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:24 AM

I am sure so Juliette.  You are a lady with superb talents, great inner strengths and fine humour, and I admire you tremendously for overcoming things I cannot even imagine:-)  

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:27 AM

thanx much dear friend !

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 1:59 PM

You are a strong lady, Juliette. From what I have picked up about you, I admire you immensly. I'm not quite allergic to morphine, but it upsets me enough to make me very, very, cautious with it.

Jen. I do know it doesn't help with a lot of pain. I feel your memories of Alex, and wrap my arms around you. It never quite goes away, does it.

I was amazed, when I finally sloped over here and looked at your gallery, Jen.  Your work really is beautiful. I've never seen anything of yours that I have thought was over processed. I think you mostly throw those ones away!! You are a fast learner!

Of course. HA. What a woman! Sal is still around, frantically busy as always. She has a gallery here, but hardly ever posts. Those pencil drawings of hers still echo in my mind. Ev is here too, and doesn't post often. You know about Ivan, of course, and John.

Babs is no longer interested in the FE list. She has moved on to other things. She's letting the list go on without her input, to possibly die a natural death. No new members. I wrote to the list about our enclave here, and invited anybody who wanted to join us. Oddly, my post didn't appear. Gremlins, perhaps. I'll try again.

love

merren

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:19 PM

what list are you talking about Merren ??, and btw thank you for your lovely words!!

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 2:25 PM

Thankyou Merren. 

Do try again - I hope it was not gremlins.......I'd hate to think of all that talent at a dead end or worse still - losing interest in FE.

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 3:30 PM

It's the FEusers list, Juliette. It's been alive 12 years or more, First as a Yahoo! list, and then we ported to Babs' site at fractalfairy.  I'm pretty sure I was running Windows 98 when I joined.

Sadly, Jenny, most of the people have gone, and very little of what is being posted is work made using FE.  It really started to fall apart when John died and then Ivan had the stroke. They had kept the engines burning, and Babs couldn't cope with the work. Her husband became very ill with cancer, and died after a long battle. None of the originals is left, unless, like me, one or two are lurking. (Len? Alida? Kal?) The collapse also was powered by Arthur's departure. I really don't know what happened there. One day he was planning enthusiastically, and reprogramming into Delphi; the next day he wrote to Babs and one or two others to say he was dropping the project. From then on, emails went unanswered, but they were not returned. I just hope he and Olga and Julia, their daughter, are still ok. We will never know.

I will try posting again, this time, perhaps with an image.

I'll also upload some of my other versions to the Freestuff here.

love

merren

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 3:13 AM

just an idea :  we start a new (yahoo-) group for fe-users ?

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 11:04 AM

I'd be there, Juliette. Anybody else?

weezy136 ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 12:23 PM

First of all, Arthur is fine. He's always answered any emails I've sent. Second, Merren, you must have sent your post to the FE list to the wrong address. It never appeared on the list, and I never received a message that a post needed to be approved as I would have if your message had been too big or YOUR address was not the one with which you joined the list. Lastly, Babs' husband died  three years before she decided to not accept any new members to the list. While she had a really hard time when he died for a while, I don't think it had any impact on her decision.

It saddens me that the list isn't active anymore. I miss it a lot, but I think mailing lists are a thing of the past. I belong to at least ten fractal lists, and nobody posts in them. The UF list has the most activity, and people don't post there like they used to. When fractals were brand new and all bright and shiny, everyone was excited and wanted to share all the pretty things they had made. They don't do that anymore. They have this place.....among others. ;~) 

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 1:01 PM

the xenodreamdpix groups is active too, as is the xenolab-group for betatesters

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 1:28 PM

Nope. I sent the mail to feusers@fractalfairy.com. The old address was feuser@fractalfairy.com. If that is wrong, I'll be surprised because I cross checked it with the most recent  membership details, received from  owner-feusers@fractalfairy.com on November 1. Neither of my two mails has shown up.

Louise, some lists flourish and others don't. I am aware of when Babs' husband died. If Art is well, I would be delighted to know. How recently have you been in touch with him?

merren

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.