Sun, Oct 6, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Explorer

alida ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 2:36 PM

I'd love to  be part of  it,too:) I  still get  some  mails  from louise but it is not as active.

let's get started!!!

Rerewhakaaitu ( ) posted Tue, 09 November 2010 at 3:45 PM

Only one qualification for me: that is that we all own the list if it eventuates. So everybody is equally in charge.

love

mer

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 2:49 AM

I still do not understand what list you all are talking about

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

daali ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 3:33 AM

....I even Juliette :-)

Alida

daali ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 3:35 AM

Merr what you mean?

alida ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 4:06 PM

alidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they are talking about a new  FE list users as the  old one is more or less dead:)

daali ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2010 at 4:58 PM

Cioa Alida

hai sempre il solito indirizzo di msn?

ho smaciullato la mia rubrica.... ti mando una mail

Alida

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2010 at 11:37 AM

Hi Merren, a.o.!

I too would like to be in an FE group.
But my enegielevel is só low.
Because of facial pain in reading, writing, trying concentrate, I'm afraid I can't be active enough.
I do have interest, but not knowledgeable enough also, I suspect.

Do have a wonderful weekend, I still love FE the most (LOL)

♥ Mies

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Fri, 12 November 2010 at 1:32 PM

shall I start an fe-usersgroup in yahoo ???

als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

DarkBeam ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2010 at 5:30 AM

In my opinion only with UltraFractal you can handle fractals at 100%! :)

Hi all

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2010 at 5:36 AM

Hello DarkBeam,

It's jolly good to have your opinion.  However,  am not quite sure what you mean here.  Can you help me out?

DarkBeam ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2010 at 8:54 AM

With UF I can manipulate many layers, thousands of formulas and with the objects function even combinate/orbit trap them :) (sorry for my language, I'm italian) :(

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 13 November 2010 at 9:14 AM

No problem with your language!!! Thanks very much for your input.  I do like what I have seen you do with UF.

I understand what you are saying now.  Thankyou very much.  I suppose it is a case of each to his own.  The possibilities are there in most fractal programmes to find and enhance different areas of formulas, and I know UF is vast and very popular! 

I am  biased I suppose.  FE being the first programme I worked with.  I find it very "organic" based and it suits me perfectly:-)

daali ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2010 at 9:44 AM

Ciao Luca,

se per "gestire" intendi programmare graficamente, allora sì, UF è il programma che in questo senso dà le maggiori possibilità di progettazione. Effettivamente UF è un programma, regolarmente  aggiornato che da', con ll'aggiunta di nuove funzionalità,. sempre nuovi stimoli ad un frattalista.... ho però sempre pensato che toglie un po' la magia della scoperta di frattali. FE, che attualmente si può considerare  obsoleto, resta il migliore programma per la generazione di frattali puri,... può essere che mi sbagli, ma la mia opinione è che, i grandi frattalisti  ( quelli che possiamo considerare artisti e non solamente ottimi tecnici), ottengono le loro opere migliori con FE. Come diceva Jenny, ognuno deve utilizzare il programma  che è maggiormente nelle sue corde..... Tutti all'inizio abbiamo provato vari programmi, ma con l'andare del tempo abbiamo individuato quello che ci si confà maggiormente, pur continuando a spaziare ogni tanto in altri giardini....

Il mio inglese è terribile, sotto incollerò come sempre la traduzione di google, speriam bene!!

Alida

Hello Luca,

if by "handle" you mean graphically program,
then yes,
UF is the program that in this sense
gives more design possibilities.
UF is actually a program, regularly updated
that 'with ll'aggiunta of new features
new stimuli to a fractal ....
But I always thought it takes a little 'magic of the discovery of fractals.
**FE, which currently can be considered obsolete,
 remains the best program for generating fractal pure ...
I may be wrong,
but my opinion is that
 large fractality
(Those that we consider not only good artists and technicians),
get their best work with FE.
As Jenny said, everyone has to use
the program that is more in its strings .....
All we first tried various programs,
 but over time we have identified
what would be most suited,
while continuing to wander from time to time in other gardens ....

Alida**

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2010 at 9:55 AM

Well said Alida!

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 5:23 PM · edited Mon, 15 November 2010 at 5:23 PM

Each artist uses the tools and media that suit their artistic vision.  Do I prefer oils or watercolors or maybe even alkyds?  How about brush vs. palette knife or even fingers.  It has always seemed to me that the vision is the key.  I am always delighted to see a diversity of programs and finishing techniques on this site, it tells me that fractals are alive and well.  :biggrin:

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2010 at 10:54 PM

..and alive and kicking here at Rendo!  Well said Viv:-))

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 2:02 AM

art is in the soul of the artist, not in the medium

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2010 at 3:35 AM

Well said Juliette!
A nice summary of what Viv and others have said.

Just show your feelings by art ;-)
Mies.

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2010 at 12:11 AM

Attached Link: http://2dphotography.smugmug.com/

Wow, what an amazing thread. Louise told me about it, and I just stopped by and read the whole thing. Greetings to all the folks I know, and to those I don't.

I wasn't one of the original FE list members, but I joined somewhere near the beginning, after it had moved away from Yahoo. I used to maintain the spot file section of the FE site, so I have bazillions of spot files, but what I don't have is explicit permission to post them publicly elsewhere. I have several hundred of my own, though, so I may put them up on Juliette's site. 

Nice to see that there is still so much interest in FE after all these years. I have it running on my Win7 64 bit system. Everything seems to work except the formula compiler. I'll see if I can figure out what's up with that. 

Dennis

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2010 at 12:17 AM

What a lovely surprise!  Hello Dennis. Hope you are keeping well.

Yes, isn't it good to see so many here. Long live FE.

Maybe you can resolve Daali's problem too because she is unable to open a formula sent by Sally.

daali ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2010 at 1:57 AM

Dennis

I have the same characteristics of your
and I have the same problem
nothing to do

Alida

Cosine ( ) posted Fri, 19 November 2010 at 10:54 PM

Ok, folks, I figured out how to get the formula compiler working in Win7, but it will take a bit of work. What you need to do is go to Microsoft and download the virtual XP machine.

Go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Follow the instructions and download the XP Mode files. When you get it installed, run it and install FE there. Everything should work. 

Get in touch if you have any problems.

Dennis

Jennyfnf ( ) posted Sat, 20 November 2010 at 12:17 AM

Wonderful Dennis!  You are going to make certain people very happy:-)))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.