Fri, Sep 20, 4:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: What if I wanted to create my own clothes?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:16 PM

Since you asked about a hat, Robynsveil, I'd never even consider making it a figure. There's no benefit in that that I can think of. A parented prop works just as well, and you can still have all sorts of "brim-curling" morphs ect if you want.

And it's a nice hat. Two nice hats. Different but equally nice.

I use the tools I can lay my hands on. I've never been friends with the setup room, if I am to rig a figure from scratch I use PhiBuilder and if we're talking clothes, I use OBJ2CR2. I dont' see any reason in reinventing the wheel, and so far Iv'e never been able to model anything that I couldn't rig with OBJ2CR2. I even cheat and use Wardrobe Wizard to put the body handles in (converting to and from the same figures gives you body handles ;) ) So.. I cut all the corners I can cut. I'm not that kind of masochist ;)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote - Very nice BR :o).

Thank you ;o)

Quote - Although these old eyes were watering at the bright yellow on the black background...lmao.

lol sorry, That was what color my text was on last time I made a Flash banner, and I didn't think to change it.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Trekkie, not all people can afford(like me) to get all the nifty tools to make life easier. If I had them, I'd use the crap out of them and make a lot more conforming clothes (hint to anyone that would buy obj2cr2 or WW2 for me...hehehehe). But I made that tutorial for people who may want to learn for themselves as well.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:32 PM

Nice tutorial, BionicR... you make it look really easy!

I was going to offer to start a new thread on this topic with a freebie hat... anyone interested?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:34 PM

Hehehe...for me, this is a hobby for now. And since times are tough and I like eating, I prefer to spend as little money as possible since I can still do everything and not spend any money other than what I paid for Poser...hehe.

Color me cheap ;o).

Laurie

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:48 PM · edited Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:49 PM

Quote - Hehehe...for me, this is a hobby for now. And since times are tough and I like eating, I prefer to spend as little money as possible since I can still do everything and not spend any money other than what I paid for Poser...hehe.

Color me cheap ;o).

Laurie

...with a good sense of priorities, too, Laurie, like shoes for the kids and dinner on the table. :blink: I tend to agree.  Had this discussion about Reality on that other forum, and the Reality enthusiasts countered with "but that hardly a dinner out for two!" Actually, that will feed my family for a week: I know how and where to shop. Poser can be as inexpensive or dear, as creative or MakeArt or anything in between as we want or can afford or wish to spend or want to spend time learning to create. It's important for software junkies like me to realise that there is no such thing as "need" in Poser. Want, yes. But not need.

So, revising my statement above: Obj2Cr2 is desire-able. As long as the kids are getting their 3 squares and you don't wish to get into something (learning rigging) that would actually prove useful in your Poser experience, by all means get it. But realise the alternatives are by no means unattractive.

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2011 at 8:56 PM

Oh, btw, here's that hat I'll be giving away...

Metaphor of Chooks

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 1:23 AM · edited Sun, 02 January 2011 at 1:27 AM

I promised to keep away but I couldn't resist, when I see the discussion stray away again.

1. That Marvelous Designer makes it easy for beginners is just an extra bonus, not the main thing. The main thing being that it makes cloth more natural and believable and advanced, and have the potential to turn Poser Barbie dolls and plastic cloth into real art. Instead of an occupation where grown people are dressing dolls.

2. You are talking as if the setup room was the problem when it is the groping that is the problem. (or should I say the tiresome part). If you go into the setup room with a real and advanced piece of cloth that is incorrect grouped you are going to have problems and no matter how hard you try it is not going to work.

So, now I am going to keep away, I promise!

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 1:47 AM

file_463583.jpg

-

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 2:55 AM

That is impressive work, Vintorix! I'm impressed... and very jealous!

Metaphor of Chooks

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 3:13 AM

It is not I who is the modeler in this case RobynsVeil!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 4:19 AM

Regardless, it is a spectacular piece of work!

Metaphor of Chooks

MagnusGreel ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 10:16 AM

"So, now I am going to keep away, I promise!"

I knew that would last. not.

Airport security is a burden we must all shoulder. Do your part, and please grope yourself in advance.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 10:37 AM

the question I have is ... how does this go from the questin on how to make clothing to a inflamed discussion on technique with people getting upset and all.

Isn't it possible to just discuss the creation thing, be it by whatever means? Can't we just discuss each method without having to argue on what is the better way to get to the same place?

I would like to learn whatever way.... hearing all the possibilities and explaining each would be fine with me, and I'm sure the OP as well. That's why I asked about workflow. Sure, there are different methods....why not concentrate on flushing that out instead of hashing out which is better and getting all tied up into that.

I prefer Silo to Hex ... so what? I prefer Poser to DS..so what? as long as the end result makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, what does it matter?

So with that..vintorix..get your butt back in here and lets all play nice together. I would love to learn this stuff.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 10:51 AM · edited Sun, 02 January 2011 at 10:51 AM
Forum Moderator

I couldn't agree with Dave more. Who cares what road we take to get from point A to point B. Sometimes it's a bit curvier road than others, but we all get there in the end. I think MD is a neat-o program, but I can model and it doesn't take much time to make things, it's uv mapping and texturing that eats away at my clock (I said CLOCK lol).

I think the post has been answered tho, so I'd like to hear the OP's opinion on the software/utilities mentioned, and which he is willing to try. Then we can go from there on assisting him with those. There's enough people here that we can train yet another, not too long ago I was the eager student (still am actually) I just like helping others and sharing what I have learned thus far.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 11:03 AM

also, not mentioned yet, is PhilC's Clothing DEsigner

http://www.philc.net/BasicClothing_page1.php

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 12:54 PM

I hope to have time to learn to rig one day for my personal use

But it wont be clothing it will be GUNDAMS!!

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

BionicRooster ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2011 at 12:59 PM
Forum Moderator

I've been comtemplating making some sort of Mech, but haven't decided on anything yet. design ideas would be nice :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.