Fri, Sep 20, 7:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: need help with UV mapping

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 10:02 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 8:29 AM

file_466190.jpg

I have started working or trying to get some mapping of a project that I have been working on. and doing some tutorials I was working on a leaf tutorial and when I looked at the screen shot of the tutorial it was a little different then mine. I Know that different people will set theres up different. but he had a UV map tap and I can't figure out how or were he got it. I am putting in some screen shots "I hope that they show." of the set up that is there. I am using Carrara 8 pro on windows 7. I'm not sure what version the person is using.  Can any one help me on this . I reall would like to be able to texture things that I make. 

thanks for any help

Woody2

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 12:58 PM

The interface has changed since that tutorial was made. All of the UV functions (there are many more now) are now exposed when you click on the icon that looks like a Globe that is being unwrapped at the top right of your side panel. 

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:05 PM

Thanks Mark for getting back to me so fast. I saw that but wasn't sure about it. I have had carrara for a while but am now just getting around to trying it out.

woody2

benney ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:07 PM · edited Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:09 PM

file_466198.jpg

Hi Woody.

The UV editing section has changed a bit since version6 but the route towards the UV mapping section is the same as mine even though I use 7pro at the moment (gotta get the cash together LOL)

If you check out the image I have attached you will note a button at the top right-hand side that you click on to enter the UV mapping section then it is just a case of browsing the various tabs as you will find the buttons that are essentially the same as what the tutorial shows but just in different places.

Hope this helps.

LOL.. mark aswered whilst I was typing... and learning to spell too.

woodcarver2 ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 1:11 PM

yes benney that will help a lot. I guess this old body just needs to look a little closer at the interface. It's like windows 7  everything is there that was there in XP but you just have to fine were they moved it to . some times you wonder if it is a help ir not.

thanks for getting back to me

woody2

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2011 at 5:24 PM

Even though this is off topic a little,

I've been using C since it ever existed and if it's any consolation, I'm still finding buttons and tabs once in a while.

For me, I think it's easier to miss new features/buttons when you're an old user than when you're learning new.  When you're learning a package from scratch you just click on everything to figure out what it does.  When you're used to the package, you use what you're used to and don't go and explore the whole thing again.

So every once in a while, I'll go and do something that I haven't done in a long time and dang it if there's not a bunch of new buttons all over the place!  The texture engine has been the most infamous for me on that count.  Lots of little buttons hidden in places and if you open up an old model, C will continue to display the same texture tree that you used when you built the thing so new buttons/tabs won't show up when you use old stuff sometimes.

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.