Wed, Sep 18, 1:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Strange goings on at Daz

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 12:25 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 1:01 AM

Daz Studio Pro is out, but you need to be a Platinum Club member to buy it. In addition, there is something called the Content Creator Toolkit for a mere $195.95. I’m worried that Daz Studio Pro ($430 to non-platinum customers when available) is in reality ‘Daz Studio Semi-Pro’ with the content creation tools missing and only available for another $200. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 12:41 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 12:43 AM

I also heard that people bought it and haven't received a serial number. Rumour has it that it's getting nasty over there.

Stick with Poser! It's better, apparently cheaper and you don't have to worry whether you have all of the tools you need to work with, and having to shell out more money to get a fully working program.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:22 AM

Don't always believe rumours, , while a few people did have serial number issues it was only a couple and as far as I know has been cleared up with all of them and generally the response has been positive from advanced and pro purchasers.

Pro does come with the complete Content Creators Tools as well as goZbridge, 3D Bridge for Photoshop, FBX exporter, Texture Atlas, and of course studio advanced

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:23 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:25 AM

Exactly the reason why I keep holding off buying it!

I was eyeing it because of the mention of creating dynamic clothes, but there is hardly any information on what that exactly comprises. Also I am on a Mac and I don't think the OptiTex software works on that platform, but again no clue in the info.

I think I will spent my money on Marvelous Designer instead ......

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:24 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:27 AM

And a Cloth Room? Please tell me they finally have a Cloth Room! And an exporter to LuxRender.

ETA: And what about Shader Mixer? Did they finally get that working? I logged on to the forum there and couldn't find out anything about it... even doing search on "Shader Mixer" produced nothing. Is it out of Beta yet?

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

durf ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:46 AM

I have no problems with DS4 pro, it works well and it is just a pre-release.

daz can not fail again and loose more customers.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:12 AM

Quote - Don't always believe rumours, , while a few people did have serial number issues it was only a couple and as far as I know has been cleared up with all of them

I stand corrected!  Thanks for clearing that up. :)

What I don't understand though is why they would introduce a program that is free initially (which I gather was probably an unannounced extended beta spanning several years, like my antivirus scanner was), and then when they do start to sell it they sell everything al-a-carte?  Why not just create a fully loaded program from the get go and sell that?

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:28 AM

Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:32 AM

Attached Link: Currently Free Version of DS4

No it wasn't intended on being an unannounced extended beta, the intentions all along was to offer a version of studio that was free as the primary base, so that anyone can try 3D, and they will still be offering a free version, there are no plans to discontinue that option as far as I know, the new free version is not yet out though they currently have a version that is currently free. as for why not just offer a fully packed program. well because some people dont want or need that and would prefer not to go through the expense if all they want is the basics, and a huge amount of people have been able to use the free version to see if they like working in 3D and than build up piece by piece if they can't afford all the bells and whistles at once. Now they are simply giving more options up front.

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:35 AM

Quote - Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

Good luck with that :) I made the mistake of preordering Poser 5, won't make that mistake again. Im sure I will buy PP 2012 but I will wait and see how it goes for others first.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:42 AM

TBH, I thought long and hard before doing it, I only really use Poser for scene set up these days, preferring to render in Vue 'cos it's better at lighting.

But having Poser full 64 bit swung it for me, with that in place and improved lighting I may start using it again for rendering because sometimes even Vue can't cope with Poser imports even though I have 8 gig of RAM..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:46 AM

Quote - > Quote - Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

Good luck with that :) I made the mistake of preordering Poser 5, won't make that mistake again. Im sure I will buy PP 2012 but I will wait and see how it goes for others first.

Heh! I bought Pro2010 last year in November when there was a deep discount and it was quite cheap.  However, I was on an extended break from Poser at the time and I didn't get around to installing it until about 3 weeks ago. Just in time for Pro2012 to come out!  LOL

Needless to say I'm not upgrading, hehe

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:46 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

8 years on, 4  versions later  (all more stable) and you won't let it go? thats a real grudge right there. 

dude, thats like still blaming Ford for the Edsel...

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:50 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:52 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

Heh! I bought Pro2010 last year in November when there was a deep discount and it was quite cheap.  However, I was on an extended break from Poser at the time and I didn't get around to installing it until about 3 weeks ago. Just in time for Pro2012 to come out!  LOL

Needless to say I'm not upgrading, hehe

If I can manage to convince someone to buy one of my kidneys I'll be upgrading :P I also have a firstborn...goin cheap.

Laurie

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:03 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Well I bit and pre ordered Poser pro 2012 yesterday so stuff DAZ4...LOL..

8 years on, 4  versions later  (all more stable) and you won't let it go? thats a real grudge right there. 

dude, thats like still blaming Ford for the Edsel...

Nope no grudge at all, if I had a grudge I wouldn't have baught P6, P7, and P8 but I didn't preorder them, I just made it a rule after that not to preorder because due to that experience I prefer to wait and see how stable a program is before plunking my money down on it.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:21 AM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:22 AM

If one pays all that money for the top notch DAZ Studio 4 thing and pays for the membership and all, will selling created content on DAZ3D then ever pay for ones initial investment?  Assuming getting back twice what was paid as being profit.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:29 AM

If PP2010 stability is any indication and from what I hear on the RDNA forums, I don't think stability is going to be much of an issue. Unless those ambassadors are keeping secrets from us... :biggrin:

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:41 AM

Quote - If one pays all that money for the top notch DAZ Studio 4 thing and pays for the membership and all, will selling created content on DAZ3D then ever pay for ones initial investment?  Assuming getting back twice what was paid as being profit.

Are you refering to Dynamic Cloth, Shawn? How would one get into that, I wonder. Last I read on their site, the software price is a dark and bloody mystery to all but the distributors. All very hush-hush... just spent the past 20 minutes researching this, and no one is saying anything. Still, there do seem to be Daz vendors who figure they will be making enough from sales to have purchased the software.

Metaphor of Chooks

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:48 AM

Quote - If one pays all that money for the top notch DAZ Studio 4 thing and pays for the membership and all, will selling created content on DAZ3D then ever pay for ones initial investment?  Assuming getting back twice what was paid as being profit.

yes absolutely, I only have one very inexpensive product for genesis out so far but it has already sold surprisingly well.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:49 AM

I'm refering to the high-end DAZ Studio version cost for someone that isn't upgrading, but paying the regular price.  And the additional cost of whatever plugin is still needed for creating one's own content.  I assumed that the high-end version of DAZ Studio had the ability to do dynamic cloth by now.

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 4:31 AM

No there isnt yet a dynamic cloth creation plugin for studio yet unfortunately, though one has been promised by optitex. but all the tools needed to create content other than dynamics are included in DS4 Pro no need for any other tools.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:26 AM

I read the feature list wrong then.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:31 AM

Quote - Daz Studio Pro is out, but you need to be a Platinum Club member to buy it.

It's a pre-release for Platinum Club members as a bonus for being a member.

Quote - In addition, there is something called the Content Creator Toolkit for a mere $195.95. I’m worried that Daz Studio Pro ($430 to non-platinum customers when available) is in reality ‘Daz Studio Semi-Pro’ with the content creation tools missing and only available for another $200. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

Robyns Veil wrote.

Quote - And a Cloth Room? Please tell me they finally have a Cloth Room!

DAZ Studio has had  Dynamic clothing for well over two years. As you well know you can only use premade clothing, but I do get better results in DAZ Studio than I do with Poser. I've been using the cloth room in Poser since it came out in Poser 5. I do wish we weren't stuck with a  proprietary format. Actually the cloth room is the only reason I still have Poser on my hard drive, I use it as a plug-in for DAZ Studio.

Robyns Veil wrote.

Quote - And an exporter to LuxRender.

Actually there are 2 exporters to LuxRender for DAZ Studio.

Robyns Veil wrote.

Quote - ETA: And what about Shader Mixer? Did they finally get that working?

It's worked fine ever since it came out, though it definitely needs better documentation. Luckily Zigraphix is working on it. Btw, does Poser 9 have 64 bit support yet, or is that only for people who buy Poser Pro? How about multi-select for materials? Or Sub-D, LOD, switchable UVs, partial mats? I haven't really looked at the full feature list for Poser to see what's there yet. Anyway, it's nice to see that Poser is finally catching up and getting some of the features that DAZ Studio users have enjoyed for years, like SSS , frame-orbit selected objects and multi-select drag and drop from the library. Very cool! :biggrin:

Acadia wrote.

Quote - Why not just create a fully loaded program from the get go and sell that?

They have. It's called DAZ Studio Pro. They also  sell everything al-a-carte for those who can't afford everything all at once and for people who don't need all of those features.

Coldrake

martial ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:39 AM

I have DAZ Studio 3 extended 64 bits and upgrade to DS4 pro.The auto fit working good for me with many V4 cloths on genesis .With pro version i have also some plugins .3D bridge for Photoshop bring directly the render in Photoshop on layers and change it if i modify the pose (Unfornatly i don't have photshop extended for 3d) I also used Goz for zbrush for modifying mesh (i have tried head and one cloth) and bring back in DS4 easily

I didn't use Content creator

I regret for now the lack of documentation and tutorials for DS4 and relied stuff 

The version downloaded seems a released one not beta Just the Platinium members can buy it now before all people

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:40 AM

Well, Shader Mixer pretty much consistently crashed DS3Adv - filed numerous bug reports but got no feedback or acknowledgement from the software developers or whoever was dealing with bugs. That's why I was wondering if that had finally been fixed.I guess they never will fix it now, now that Daz Studio 4 is out.

And the Dynamic Clothing Control Plugin refused to run in my copy of Daz Studio 3 Advanced - simply wouldn't load - also filed numerous bug reports but they were never acknowledged. So, my version of the programme never had a Cloth Room - all that money for the plugin and the outfits down the tubes.

I'm delighted to hear that your copy of DS4 is working great, however, Coldrake.

Metaphor of Chooks

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:45 AM

I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that.  But it took awhile for 3DS and Maya to work with Mudbox even though AutoDesk has the programming staff.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:50 AM

Quote - I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that.  But it took awhile for 3DS and Maya to work with Mudbox even though AutoDesk has the programming staff.

That would be an incredible programme, Shawn!

Metaphor of Chooks

shuy ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:12 AM

I do not use DS, because of poor dynamic cloth support and high price. Anyway DS and Poser ate toys. It is theirs business how much Daz or SM demand for theirs products. It is not cure for cancer and you can survive without them. If you think DS is too expensive just do not buy it.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 7:16 AM

Dynamic cloth is mentioned in the feature list.  So does this really only mean that you can only buy dynamic cloth that is already made for use in DAZ Studio Pro, not make your own dynamic cloth?

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 9:56 AM

"I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that."

Carrara and particularly Bryce probably have Alot of really old code base compared to Daz studio.
Combining them into one program would likely not be worth the effort for anyone
at DAZ.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:28 PM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 1:29 PM

Quote - Dynamic cloth is mentioned in the feature list.  So does this really only mean that you can only buy dynamic cloth that is already made for use in DAZ Studio Pro, not make your own dynamic cloth?

That is exactly what it means.  More specifically, you can only use dynamic clothing made by OptiTex.

As for a capability to make your own for DS, that's NEVER going to happen.  Anybody who says otherwise is lying to your face.  There is simply no way OptiTex is going to release software to hobbyists that will do the same thing they sell for $10,000.00 to fashion designers.

Anybody with any sense can compare the Poser rollout to the DAZ rollout and reach their own conclusions despite the DAZ fanbois here.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 2:43 PM

Tried hard to resist but failed. Have a look at this video and notice the software used and how old is the thing.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:01 PM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:02 PM

Quote -  Tried hard to resist but failed. Have a look at this video and notice the software used and how old is the thing.

Looks really, really nice, but most of us aren't Blender users and aren't going to be doing our posing and cloth sims in Blender. Your point is? Top of the page I believe it says Poser Forum ;).

Laurie

Mogwa ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:08 PM

I don't know for certain what is going on with Daz's product prices, but it seems reasonable to conclude that the company may be having some cash flow problems in this horrible depress...I mean, temporary economic slump.

I hope that isn't the case. Whether you like them or not, Daz provides a marketplace for some talented artists. Of course, they should offer their wares at Rendo too, but the more choices available, the better for everyone.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:14 PM

Quote - I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that.  But it took awhile for 3DS and Maya to work with Mudbox even though AutoDesk has the programming staff.

I like Hexagon just like it is, thanks.

Laurie

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that.  But it took awhile for 3DS and Maya to work with Mudbox even though AutoDesk has the programming staff.

Laurie

Well, yeah, they should probably leave well enough alone.  When DAZ touches software, the bugs outweigh the functioning part of the software.  In DAZ's world, "new and improved" means it will crash your computer twice as much as before, and have twice as many pieces labeled "coming soon."

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 3:39 PM

Quote - I don't know for certain what is going on with Daz's product prices, but it seems reasonable to conclude that the company may be having some cash flow problems in this horrible depress...I mean, temporary economic slump.

I hope that isn't the case. Whether you like them or not, Daz provides a marketplace for some talented artists. Of course, they should offer their wares at Rendo too, but the more choices available, the better for everyone.

Given the bugs in their shopping cart and forum software, I wouldn't give them my financial information if my life depended on it.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quote - Looks really, really nice, but most of us aren't Blender users and aren't going to be doing our posing and cloth sims in Blender. Your point is? Top of the page I believe it says Poser Forum ;).

It was just to point out that this subject is not rocket science; when I started 3D in 1997 there was a patch for POV Ray which provided cloth collision and it was all contained in a single source file.

Currently the challenge is to do this thing in real time, something that OptiTex demonstrated a couple of years ago using CUDA acceleration (if I remember well). Interested readers might also check cloth handling in CryEngine and Unrel Engine (both nowdays free for non commercial usage). I think that also the Bullett engine does cloth. In short: DAZ choice was "unwise"; going for a non-Poser compatible path even more (sadistic gloating expression here).

A last item: I don't think that the 10k $ OptiTex software is for cloth simulation; I think that it is a CAD tool to optimize the positioning of clothing patches (or whatever they are called) on the strip of cloth to be cut. I saw references to a 1500$ OptiTex product that might be what we are talking about.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

vintorix ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 4:49 PM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 4:50 PM

The Marvelous Designer team too has a high end fashion-line product called CLO 3D but the only difference between that and the normal version is the CAD DXF-AAMA import/export and Animation. Even the new Body sizing which is on development in CLO 3D will be included in Marvelous Designer plug in for Daz Studio Pro when it comes available.

So Optitex has got some formidable competition which might change things. Isn't it strange though that both these companies have chosen to work with Daz and not Poser?

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 4:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I always thought DAZ3D should absorb Hexagon, Carrara, and Bryce into their Studio software and sell a pro and lite version of that.  But DAZ3D doesn't have the programming staff for that.  But it took awhile for 3DS and Maya to work with Mudbox even though AutoDesk has the programming staff.

Laurie

Well, yeah, they should probably leave well enough alone.  When DAZ touches software, the bugs outweigh the functioning part of the software.  In DAZ's world, "new and improved" means it will crash your computer twice as much as before, and have twice as many pieces labeled "coming soon."

I find DS very stable, on the other hand I find Poser very unstable, it crashes or just freezes up and for me is an impossible program to learn.

I couldn't believe it when I realised that you cant select more than one surface at a time in the materials room., among other things that are so simple to do in DS

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 5:07 PM

Quote - The Marvelous Designer team too has a high end fashion-line product called CLO 3D but the only difference between that and the normal version is the CAD DXF-AAMA import/export and Animation. Even the new Body sizing which is on development in CLO 3D will be included in Marvelous Designer plug in for Daz Studio Pro when it comes available.

So Optitex has got some formidable competition which might change things. Isn't it strange though that both these companies have chosen to work with Daz and not Poser?

I don't think it's strange at all, actually.  Poser has a cloth room; DS doesn't.

But, as an owner of Marvelous Designer, I can tell you their stuff works great in Poser.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:04 PM

Quote - ... A last item: I don't think that the 10k $ OptiTex software is for cloth simulation; I think that it is a CAD tool to optimize the positioning of clothing patches (or whatever they are called) on the strip of cloth to be cut. I saw references to a 1500$ OptiTex product that might be what we are talking about.

That was what I was looking for last night, Alex: those references. I can't imagine Daz PA vendors plunking down $10,000 for software... the ROI would be - negative. :biggrin: Thanks for the reality check (no pun intended 😉)

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:11 PM · edited Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:14 PM

Quote - I find DS very stable, on the other hand I find Poser very unstable, it crashes or just freezes up and for me is an impossible program to learn. I couldn't believe it when I realised that you cant select more than one surface at a time in the materials room., among other things that are so simple to do in DS

Good on you! I'm glad you've a positive experience in DS. I'd suggest you stay with it, then.

I work in the material room a lot in Poser: I can't believe you practically have to have a degree in programming to write shaders in DS, where in Poser the material room (and just about the rest of the application as well) can be easily scripted in Python. So, I can quickly and easily make highly sophisticated shaders for an entire scene in matmatic. Tried to do that in DS3Adv's Shader Mixer - couldn't believe that something so core to a 3D programme as texture management would cause it to turn instantly into vapourware. As in: poof... DS3Adv disappeared off the screen without a warning or a trace. :blink:

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - The Marvelous Designer team too has a high end fashion-line product called CLO 3D but the only difference between that and the normal version is the CAD DXF-AAMA import/export and Animation. Even the new Body sizing which is on development in CLO 3D will be included in Marvelous Designer plug in for Daz Studio Pro when it comes available. So Optitex has got some formidable competition which might change things. Isn't it strange though that both these companies have chosen to work with Daz and not Poser?

I don't think it's strange at all, actually.  Poser has a cloth room; DS doesn't.

But, as an owner of Marvelous Designer, I can tell you their stuff works great in Poser.

And judging by this interesting relationship they have with Optitex, I don't see it happening anytime in the near future, either.

Metaphor of Chooks

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 6:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/Advanced-Material-Manager.html

quote:- "you cant select more than one surface at a time in the materials room., among other things that are so simple to do in DS"

semidieu has a python script at RDNA for poser that can find materials by name eg skin and change all at one hit in anyway you like.

I've included the link, and it's currently on sale for 10 bucks and he has promised me to upgrade it for poser pro 2012!

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2011 at 7:53 PM

Ah, the power of Python scripting: amazing stuff!

Now if only Shader Mixer would stop crashing my DS3Adv so I can finish those DS shaders I've been trying to work on. Wonder if that will ever get fixed. :blink:

Metaphor of Chooks

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 3:37 PM

I'm not even sure it's the same thing but from the bit of looking I did at a few Renderman shaders, the coding isn't overly complex - and I haven't written any C since BIll was chasing Monica around the Oval Office. I'll bet you can handle it & ditch the buggy GUI.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 11:12 PM

Much as Poser frustrates me I just can't make the change.   I pre-ordered Poser only to learn the dates to use the pre-order voucher are dates I wont be home.  Hopefully SM will work with me on that.  

...... Kendra

Chaosophia ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 12:37 AM

This is just my personal experiance, but I started using daz studio 1.7, and have pretty much used it all the way up to DS4 release. OK so I was siked about DS4 until I loaded it, the layout (UI) changed ok so look it up and get ready to try it out, and the workflow of doing my creating like doubled from what DS3 did, ok so voice my opinion on forum to be met with snyde remarks, ok I play well in that environment, if you know what I mean, but eventually calm down from the die hards that think Daz can do no wrong, then they announce that there will be a reverse back UI to DS3 but it is gonna cost, so the logic within me, is why is it gonna cost but the new UI the "standard" of Daz now, which just seemed bass ackwards to me, you pay for upgrades not downgrades, so again voice my opinion of that, and mind ya I was doing it nicely, until I opened my eyes to the change of the regime polocies they were instilling, which at that point I said f it, and started learning my version of Poser 7 that I bought merely just for rigging models, instead of saving up for the fig setup tools, and have pretty much used Poser since, I thought ok i will still buy the content people create from them but just switch to Poser for my workflow,  I see Genesis, or as i call it Hermaphromesh, arrive. At this point I have stoped even trying to voice a solid opinion in the forums, cause it is pointless, they don't listen even though they say they do. I see more and more frustration and given Daz's bug fix record, and over promises and under deliverance, for the money they are asking, I can put forth into buying, Poser Pro 2012, or even put it in an account and save up for far superior 3d programs, that are more likely to keep the end of their product description. Now don't get me wrong, this might be a kewl thing for new user, but I am not a new user and feel as though Daz is pretty much casting out their loyal customer base, thinking they are gonna make a buck, in the long run, by rebranding this new atrocity that is now Daz3d.com. Just my opinion from experiance, and I have avoided buying from the site because I feel they are or have had their minds taken out by a rouge group of zombies. and I will not support that kind of greed in sheep's clothing. You can say all day long that they give away alot of stuff cheaply, but really if you look at the prices, and with all the snazzy plugins, render aids, new and improved this for this, but you have to rebuy something you already have to work for this, is the big saving feature worth it, my opinion NO... It seems though alot of the places seem to forget without US they are nothing... Sorry if this is an unwarranted rant, but I am really ticked off at them, more about the new "image" they are trying to project, than cost, even though i do think their costs are as laughable as Bozo the Clown. But then again what do i know... I aint working for Pixar, or Lucus Films, so I don't know Jack, but I do know Jack left town...

alexcoppo ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 4:44 AM

To mahakali: in December 2009 some people predicted really bad things out of Gizmoz merger; as usual for us Cassandra-s (remember that lady? the only person to get it right in Troy while all the others idiots were celebrating?) we were lynched by the True Believers (currently known as the Positive Brigade). Now the rotting corpses are starting to flow by in the river and, judging from the volume of transits, the thing is going to be "interesting".

Signed: a bystander, sitting on the river bank, enjoying the view and sipping the sweets of all nectars: revenge.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 5:53 AM

Is this seat taken? 😄 I'd like to enjoy the view, too. I love history, don't you? The wheel turns and the same spoke keeps turning up.

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.