Thu, Sep 19, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: so, lets see your P9 renders :}P renders, pleeez

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:34 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:27 PM

you luckies.  the entire internset is slowed down by your poser downloads. 😄

(with any luck i'll find p9 in my christmas stocking this year.  and 64bit compy under the tree.  can only hope and dream, c'ept i'm surely made it to Santa's naughty list. tee hee )

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:40 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:46 AM

file_473006.jpg

Here are some Poser Pro 2012 renders I did just for kicks and testing.

no lights in the scene:

Dregon:

James Johnson:

and I've attached a pic of Dregon with the Sub-Dragon 

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:40 AM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:46 AM

Simon G2 LightSabre
The "not visible to camera" IDL emitter enables the LightSabre to cast light, and the subsurface scattering shows this light passing through Simon's right ear.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 11:42 AM

Quote - you luckies.  the entire internset is slowed down by your poser downloads. 😄

(with any luck i'll find p9 in my christmas stocking this year.  and 64bit compy under the tree.  can only hope and dream, c'ept i'm surely made it to Santa's naughty list. tee hee )

Just a tip...if you do manage to swing a 64 bit computer, you may wanna think about Pro 2012 rather than 9 since 9 is 32 bit and Pro is 64 :).

Laurie

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 12:33 PM

is P9 giving more Z depth?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:47 PM

You know, I honestly don't know if we did anything with that. So much got tweaked and enhanced in this version, kinda hard to keep track.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 1:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here is my render done with Poser 9 with IDL, SSS and AO used the default lights that come when P9 starts. It came out ok but still got to work on it lol. :)

IDL & SSS

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:47 PM

Quote - Simon G2 LightSabre
The "not visible to camera" IDL emitter enables the LightSabre to cast light, and the subsurface scattering shows this light passing through Simon's right ear.

Damn, that right there is worth the upgrade. Everything else seems about the same. I guess Firefly render engine, huh?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:55 PM · edited Tue, 20 September 2011 at 3:58 PM

Firefly render.  It seems to render faster than in P8/PP2010.  I re-rendered that LightSabre scene (1920x1200 pixels) several times during testing, and even with twelve raytrace bounces, it finished in eighteen and a half minutes.

LightSabres (P8 version and P9 version) are in the Community Gifts area of the RDNA forum.

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:06 PM

file_473013.jpg

5 Million+  Poly sculpt of Andy 2's head from ZBrush taken into Poser directly (no decimation) and rendered in Poser Pro 2012 using a shader setup from Baggins Bill and all in under 30 minutes.  You can't beat that.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:15 PM

Don't forget to tell them it is 10x too large - otherwise the skin would look very different. You almost think there is no scatter here. But there is - just scatter distances are off by 10x.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:17 PM

YES! Very important to remember that too! :) lol

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 4:55 PM

Looking good have to wait until tonight to dl my 2012 and 9, on sat with a fap..grrrr Renders look pretty good though.

Deeee ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 5:39 PM

Anyone else having a render problem with Poser 2012 Pro?  Any render with the new content - sketch or firefly - generates a flat gray screen and the machine seems to lock up.  

Importing Poser 8 content renders fine.

Any suggestions?  Am using a Mac i7 3.4 Hz 4gig and Snow Leapard 10.6.8.   Install went fine and program loads new Poser 2012 content, just can't render any scene with it.

Help appreciated!

Thanks.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 6:21 PM

file_473019.jpg

Decided to render Alyson 2. The only thin I changed was to plump up the lips.:biggrin:

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 7:24 PM

Attached Link: Lothlorien - 1920x1200

My first subsurface scattering test scene...

nap time in the knothole

Self-lit low-poly buildings which also cast light onto their surroundings, to fill the neighborhood around TinkerBell's Drive-In Cafe'

low-poly buildings

Pixie dust!  Not postworked, it's a simple four-node Poser material.  :D

Pixie dust!

Glowy IDL effects...  ^^

Lothlorien

Cirdan's pier

Poser 12, in feet.  

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 7:48 PM

Wow, the lighting is definitely a big improvement. A lot of the stuff I've seen posted here is lightyears ahead of what I could do with Poser 8 out of the box. I think I will have to seriously consider getting Poser 2012 Pro and upgrading my system to 64 bit.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:26 PM

Thanks everyone for posting- awaiting my Ppro2012 physical version. Luckily. I have Lightwave to play with SSS and skin- nothing really pre-set though. I've yet to get the ear glow right. Patience, must....have....patience! :-)

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:41 PM

file_473022.jpg

Ok here's that render done right.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 8:42 PM
Site Admin

These are so cool. I can't wait to try it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:22 PM

file_473024.jpg

I'm not really into photo-realism. I'm concentrating more on my art in my comics. But thought I post another Render of Alyson2 doing some extreme bending and handling it rather well.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2011 at 9:55 PM

file_473025.jpg

render speed is much improved when using IDL.

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 7:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_473042.jpg

I'm not very experienced in Poser at all, but here's my first Poser Pro 2012 render.

Called Finally.

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 7:47 AM

the promo page says they improved the hair room

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 7:53 AM

What promo page? The rendering of dynamic hair is faster and that's the only description I found. There are no changes to the hair room.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:01 AM

i thought i had read faster dynamics.

there's still 9 days to get the p9 upgd for 99.99.

i went near my piggy bank with a hammer, but it started cringing ...

quote:

Faster Dynamic Hair
Our engineers spent time under the hood to speed up Dynamic Hair. Now Poser’s powerful Dynamic Hair calculates collisions faster and renders it faster as well.

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser9-poserpro2012/index.html?/#new

722 ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:11 AM

Quote - Ok here's that render done right.

Amazing skin, how you do that

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:13 AM

Quote - Ok here's that render done right.

iz that normal maps magic?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:15 AM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:15 AM

Oh, I see. The way I parse English, I do not consider the hair simulation to be the same as the hair room. Yes you do the sim faster, but the hair room itself is not improved, not in the same way that the material room has improved (with new nodes.)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:17 AM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:21 AM

file_473043.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - Ok here's that render done right. > >   > > Amazing skin, how you do that

I did that skin - it's a 100% procedural skin that I gave up on a while back until we have real SSS. Now you see what it can do.

Here's another example, a hybrid procedural and texture skin.

There is a color map here, but no bump map, and the blemishes and spots are procedural.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:19 AM

Quote - > Quote - Ok here's that render done right.

iz that normal maps magic?

It may become that, but no. I started a thread about elderly skin at RDNA. Teyon jumped in and made that face in a few frickin minutes in ZBrush, and then he put the shader on it.

The face on the right is over 5 million polygons.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:24 AM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:25 AM

The elderly skin thread is here.

http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?64446-Elderly-Skin

I get the impression that a lot of Rendo users are not aware of what is going on in the official P9/PP2012 forum at RDNA. There is 10,000 times more information over there, whereas here is mostly people talking about installation problems.

I already posted over 100 renders there.

Suggest you catch up over there.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:26 AM

file_473044.jpg

Renders such as this.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:26 AM

file_473045.jpg

And this.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:27 AM

file_473046.jpg

This.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 8:29 AM

file_473047.jpg

And this.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 11:49 AM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 11:50 AM

file_473049.jpg

Well? Nobody playing yet?

Post simple but surprising stuff - like this Poser cylinder, a point light, and the ground.

Render time - 2 minutes 50 seconds on my I7 860.

The wax material is just four nodes - Reflect, Fresnel_Blend, Scatter, and Blinn.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 11:57 AM

file_473050.jpg

No lights at all. Added a glowing sphere - lighting done by IDL only.

Render time - 1 minute 12 seconds.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:07 PM

bagginsbill,

How was the rendertime on the green eyed girl? And has the camera been improved?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:12 PM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:16 PM

Do you mean depth of field? If so, yes that is vastly improved.

The green eyed girl was a demo of scatter and DoF and IDL with transmapped hair. Altogether a generally impossible task for PP2010. PP2012 rendered that in about 21 minutes.

[EDITED] Quoted wrong render time.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:18 PM

file_473051.jpg

Again - no lights at all. The bulb in the lamp is set with ambient value = 20.

2 minutes 49 seconds

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:23 PM

You answered all my intended questions. Looks like you are doing all the work again..

The eyewhites on Simon are some of the best I've seen. Is there sss attached to them?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:26 PM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 12:30 PM

[EDITED]

Correction - I said yes but I misread your question.

The image of James (not Simon) on this page (2) has Scatter on the eyes.

The image of Simon on the previous page does not - only the skin head.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:36 PM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:40 PM

Well I only just got nime last night so I havne't been playing a LOT yet. But done a simple render:

First Proper render done with Poser Pro 2012

With the P8 Soft Lighting Scene from BB - that one has been my startup scene since I first tried it. 

I let the Material Room add SSS to the skin. Not quite sure what I think of it. But it is of course dependent of the light in the scene...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:50 PM

Anybody tried a glass of 2% Milk in the morning light with blurred DoF, Fresnel, Refraction on a checkerboard tiled tabletop yet?  Physical shipments of PPro want to know.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:52 PM · edited Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:53 PM

TG - The wacro? Trouble with it is it is trying to do skin really simple, and guess what - it's just not simple. It's a heck of a lot simpler than before, but a good quality skin shader has to recognize that there are three different effects (specular, diffuse, scatter) that have to be balanced and built in the right way, and second it has to have a really good bump map, and third it has to recognize that we have hair painted on our skin maps, and deal with it.

You want to use my setup that I posted in the RDNA thread regarding SSS on humans.

And no shader should be excused because of the lighting. It should look like skin that is being lit however it is you're lighting it, even if you're lighting it in a poor way.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:54 PM

Quote - Anybody tried a glass of 2% Milk in the morning light with blurred DoF, Fresnel, Refraction on a checkerboard tiled tabletop yet?  Physical shipments of PPro want to know.

Hang on. I gotta find that glass of milk prop I made years ago.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 1:57 PM

Here's the important thread for milk - best I could do in 2008.

Let's see what I get now.

http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/showthread.php?34646-liquid-shaders

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 2:00 PM

Damn. RDNA lost the zip file there of my morphing glass. I'll have to make it from scratch unless somebody has it and can give it back to me. I don't really have time to build it right now.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 2:03 PM

will Poser Pro 2012 run on a 32-bit pc?   if i buy it before i can afford a 64-bit pc?

it looks like a sidegrade from P8 is 199.99 for next week?

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2011 at 2:09 PM

bagginsbill,

No rush. That glass is worth the wait (better than anything I have) and a side by side (then and now) would be neat. It could sell product if SM used it.

The milk in your dna thread does not convince although the last few renders were probably "at" the limit of the software. Once you convince, then you have to make it look delicious.. ;PP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.