Tue, Oct 1, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue 10 Pricing

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 1:34 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

Anyone seen any pricing info yet, can't see any over at e-on..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 2:36 PM

No, need to wait for the final release I guess.

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 2:52 PM

Yea, I just thought they might have given an indication, November isn't that far away..

Cheers..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 9:59 AM

I haven't seen a thing about pricing yet. I guess we need to stay tuned same time, same channel.

My Facebook Page

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 1:24 PM

head north from "Expensive" and you'll be in the right area :biggrin:

(I'm still using 8.4!)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 3:46 PM

That's where they have you by the short and curlies Frank, slip too far behind and you end up not getting any upgrade price, kind of forces you to upgrade at some point or have to stump up a really big number if you want to be current again..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

CobraEye ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 4:38 PM

I use Vue 6 and will upgrade around Vue 15.  In these bad economic times these upgrade prices need to come down or else no one will upgrade at all.   It is just not worth it to upgrade but better to skip 5 to 10 versions.  It is a way better savings.  I'm doing this with all my software except those who have fair upgrade prices like Bluff Titler. 

Renderholic ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 4:53 PM

I'll probably wait til next fall when they have a big price reduction before Vue 11 come out. I can see maybe waiting a couple of versions, but 5+ is too much. You'll lose out on the upgrade pricing and probably have to pay full price.

But speaking of pricing, I got an email from Eon about the printed manual for Vue 9 being on sale half off and I was ready to buy until I realized that they charge $13 for shipping! That's half the cost of the book! I cancelled the order when I saw that.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 1:44 PM

I don't think I'm going to be upgrading to infinite anymore, I just can't justify spending that amount of cash on what is basically a hobby.  Dunno exactly which version to go for though

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

CobraEye ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 2:23 PM

Yeah, I lost out on the upgarede price but if you do the MATH I still save more especially NOW since that POS maintanence scam came into affect making incremental .5 upgrades COST. 

All the other soft companies I deal with do not charge for incremental updates only e-on.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 3:56 PM

Maxon does too.

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2011 at 6:20 PM
drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2011 at 3:03 PM

I'm anxious to see what Vue 10 complete costs.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 5:32 AM
forester ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2011 at 4:29 PM

So does Next Limit, Right Hemisphere, and almost everything I use.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 7:12 AM

Quote - That's where they have you by the short and curlies Frank, slip too far behind and you end up not getting any upgrade price, kind of forces you to upgrade at some point or have to stump up a really big number if you want to be current again..

Ain't that the truth !

(been there)

CobraEye ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 8:32 PM

Well, Sony Vegas Pro does not.  Bluff Titler does not.  Web Easy does not.  Paintshop does not. Magic Bullet does not.  Boris Red does not.  DVDA does not.  The list goes on and on and on.  Should I continue?

The FACT is that most software companies did NOT start out with these BS incremental charges and it is something that developed later on.

I vote with my money.  By not buying I am showing that I won't put up with extra charges that did not exist before.  Vue has lost a lot of my money.  :)

Now, in the land of online gaming something similiar is happening.  If you rent a game you can not play that game online unless you buy an additional code to play online.    This extra charge never existed before EA started it and now others are starting.  Is this right?  No way!  But people of less fortitude still pay the extra charge.  Go figure?  I watch my money and vote with it to tell a company or a service if they are doing a good job. 

I'm on the side of the consumer and by the looks of the world economy you should join in.  If you like giving your money away for something that was once free and you don't have the ambition to say otherwise doesn't mean I have to think or do the way you do. 

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 30 October 2011 at 10:46 PM

Likewise.

No one even mentioned you, never mind claimed you should think 'their way'. So what is your point, aside from trying to stir the pot with a swizzle stick and petulant attention getting?

If you need directions, there are plenty of windmills in the midwest. Tilt away, Quixote... because frankly, what credibility you once had you shredded a long time ago. You don't like some company's business practices? Cool. You voted with your money. You used your -one vote-, so drop it already. Nobody cares about your one vote; they have their own votes. And how they use theirs is none of my business, or yours. And this continual implication that you are somehow gifted with Glorious Awareness(tm) has really gotten stale; you have an agenda, but nobody is buying, in case it hasn't occurred to you.

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 8:55 AM

Vue 10 Complete would be the closest version to Infinite.  Vue 6 Infinite was the last version of that I was able to afford.  It is unfortunate, but when the Hollywood studios started using Vue the price of Infinite went through the ceiling--even for upgrades.  I thought I did see pricing for 10--but I might be wrong.  I thought they were essentially going to be the same of Vue 9, except subscribers get a discount on upgrades.  Another unfortunate thing is that you have to have a linear upgrade and can't down grade to a lesser version for the upgrade price--what they call an upgrade path.  I had thought of going from Vue Complete back to Espirit--but I would have to pay the full price for Espirit and they wouldn't give me that upgrade price--and the regular price of it was the same as the upgrade price for complete.  I also wish they would let you skip an upgrade and still get the same upgrade price--Photoshop and Sony lets you do that--but if you upgrade from an lower version than the one just previous the new release you have to pay a higher price.  It's too expensive for me to upgrade every year all my software--but that doesn't mean I won't want to do it some time in the future.

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 2:07 PM

Quote - Well, Sony Vegas Pro does not.  Bluff Titler does not.  Web Easy does not.  Paintshop does not. Magic Bullet does not.  Boris Red does not.  DVDA does not.  The list goes on and on and on.  Should I continue?

I've only ever heard of 2 of those apps - high end CG apps? I think not. 

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 31 October 2011 at 2:36 PM

Well I will say that Poser has very reasonable upgrades and sidegrades, I have to hand it to them for that--it's actually cheaper to get an upgrade now than it had been when Poser was owened by other companies.

I'll say it again, and it's worth repeating, it wasn't until Vue was being comercially used by movie studios that it's price sky rocketed.  If that hadn't happen I probably could still afford Infinite.

Renderholic ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 3:35 AM

Every year in September or October, just before the new version hits the shelves, Vue puts the current version on sale for 50% off. I stay one version behind that way, but I do save a lot of money. I had been using Vue 8 Esprit with added ecosystem module, but was able to upgrade to Vue 9 Studio for less money than Esprit plus module upgrade.

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 6:01 AM

Renderholic, I'm hoping for a similar deal but I'm not holding my breath.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 01 November 2011 at 8:16 PM

All Hail Zbrush! For which I haven't paid a DIME to upgrade since I purchased version 1.55!

My Freebies

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2011 at 6:00 AM

Quote - Renderholic, I'm hoping for a similar deal but I'm not holding my breath.

They already had their upgrade deal, I went from Vue8 Complete to Vue9 Complete for 100 dollars.

Tomsde ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2011 at 6:58 AM

Somehow I missed that offer.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:19 AM · edited Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:20 AM

Quote - Somehow I missed that offer.

A month ago.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:26 AM

Just had the upgrade pricing in an e-mail, $295 for Infinite, not too bad, I'll go for that again I think but this might be my last version...

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 4:34 AM

Considering that there hasn't really been much added to what would be called a major release, I am dreading to see whats missing from Complete.

This maybe my last version too.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 5:30 AM

Judging from the last round of pricing, since my last version of Vue was 8 Complete, it will probably cost $300 to upgrade to 10 for me--too rich for my blood right now.  I will have to wait for a sale, though I would love to be able to paint water into terrains.  I wish they allowed people who missed a version to get the same upgrade price as those with the last current version--Adobe and Corel do this.

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 10:37 AM

I get this today in my mail:

Dear Bodo,*
Vue 10 Infinite**, a major upgrade to one of your products under maintenance, is now shipping.*
As part of your maintenance contract, you have received this new product at no charge.

If you were using the pre-release version of Vue 10 Infinite, you may want to download the final relase now!

Mazak *:biggrin:

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Renderholic ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:12 AM

I have never quite understood how the maintenance contracts work. I got Vue 9 Studio last month and I think I'm still in the 30 day window to get the contract. Would it include Vue 10 and Vue 11 free? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the cost.

alexcoppo ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:31 AM

Quote - I have never quite understood how the maintenance contracts work. I got Vue 9 Studio last month and I think I'm still in the 30 day window to get the contract. Would it include Vue 10 and Vue 11 free? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth the cost.

With the maintenance contract, you have access to any new release of your product for the 12 month contract validity without any more expense. E.g., in a few days I will download 10 infinite because by 12 months period is still active.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:48 AM

I find all these scemes to be a bit confusing.  Apparently if I bought a subscription for Vue 9 Complete I'd get that upgrade for $50 less and when Vue 10 comes out I would be able to get that upgrade for 1/2 price--but the cost of the subscription (the highest for Complete) will cost as much as I expect to save on the upgrade price.  So in this case it seems it's either pay now or pay later, but I don't see much of a real savings in the long run.

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:49 AM

Its the flatrate for Vueholics :biggrin:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:56 AM

I used the early adopter offer for Maintenance user that cost me $195 per year (Vue Infinite). My subscription will end in November 2012. So I have Vue10.5/11 already in my pocket. I see it as an investment in future.👍

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 11:56 AM

Don't misunderstand maintenance (for Pro versions, Inf and xSt), and subscription (for Artist versions through Cornucopia)

Tomsde, if you have Vue 8, your subscription is for the next version, Vue9, not for Vue 10 (2 versions ahead). E-on doesn't sell upgrades the same price for 2 versions ahead (like Poser or Photoshop).

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:09 PM · edited Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:11 PM

That's what I thought, the description says that if you subscribe you get your next Vue upgrade at half price.  So I assume that means if I bought Vue 9 now with the monthly subscription, that when Vue 10 complete comes out I'd be offered that at half the upgrade price.  The price of $150 is $50 less than I'd pay for the upgrade without a subscription and my next upgrade according to the web page would be "up to 50% off your next upgrade".   So it may be more economical to do it that way if I want to upgrade to Vue 10 Complete than just doing the "sidegrade" from Vue 8. 

The question is would I really be saving anything by doing it this way if you add the  monthly subscription payments or would it be better just to "sidegrade" from Vue 8.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:14 PM

No, thats wrong. If you get Vue 9 Complete now and subscribe you get Vue 10 free as its part of what you are paying.

When it says 50% off what it means is, with paying the subscription you would only have paid about 50% off what it would cost for the Vue upgrade, you dont pay the subscription and pay for Vue 10 as well, its included in the subscription.

So you only pay the subscription and nothing else and you get Vue 10 thrown in.

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:22 PM · edited Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:25 PM

That sounds like a good deal, perhaps I should look into it more carefully.  I would like to get Vue 10 when it comes out and that would make it more affordable for me.  It's all very confusing, thanks for being patient with me.  I had a similar deal for Vue 7/8--but no subscription was required.

I assume that I'm obligated to keep the subscription for a certain period of time, that if after that period I decide to cancel my subscription that my Vue 10 Complete wouldn't change into a pumpkin or something.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:28 PM

Hmm, you lost me completely, guys! lol!

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:38 PM

Bruno, the wording on the E-on site is atrocious to be honest and badly marketed in my opinion, I had to read it a few times to understand it. So here goes :-

Basically if you get the subscription, you are basically paying for Vue by installments, as in you get the next version of Vue free as part of your subscription. But the total amount of the subscription is about half of what it would cost you to buy the Vue upgrade outright.

Hope that makes a bit more sense lol

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 2:39 PM

Yeah indeed Tomsde, you need to keep paying the subscription for 12 months, otherwise your license is invalid, after that its yours either way.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:14 PM

Ok here's one for you..

I've been quoted as $295 to upgrade to Vue 10 Infinite from 9....

I just checked my options to go on maintenance and it goes like this:

Cost per year and per license:

• Infinite: Setup: $295, Renewal (including extension of complimentary 30-day maintenance): $195

So if I go for maintenance right now it will cost me a whole lot more...Yes??

Or am I missing something...?

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:20 PM

Thefixer, if you don't get the maintenance, Vue 10.5 will cost you 295. If you get the plan, it will cost you 195.

If you're not interested in getting 10.5, don't buy the maintenance, since it will be dead by the time Vue 11 comes out.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:27 PM

Hey Bruno, I haven't bothered with the .5 release of 9 after they broke 8 with 8.5 IMO so for me just getting the upgrade price seems like the logical thing to do. I mean if I'm reading it right I would have to pay $295 and $195 up front now, is that right?? I can save myself $195 by not bothering...

Why do they have to make it so bloody complicated....LOL

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:36 PM

thefixer, have you ever seen e-on do something that was not complicated.........

ïÏøçö

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:38 PM

LOL, hey Iloco my friend, now that you mention it...hahahahaha..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:43 PM

The maintenance gets you the next update for free during a 12 months period. Full point releases are not includeed, so indeed, if .5 releases are of no interest to you, then don't get the maintenance, otherwise you'll pay for nothing (though I'm sure you'd use the .5 release if you paid for it, I would, lol!)

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:44 PM

The Update from Vue6 Infinite to Vue7 Infinite was the last time I purchased a Vue version. With Vue7 I started Maintenance plan. Since that I only update the subscription every year for $195. It pays of over the years.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2011 at 3:48 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.