Sun, Sep 22, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 3:58 PM

Some really nice stuff showing up in here!  Clothing and renders too!  Nice job everyone.

imax24 ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quote - Most clothing for Anastasia is dynamic at the moment.

I would agree that dynamic clothing for Anastasia is easier to MAKE, which is why conforming clothes are slower in coming. I don't necessarily agree that dynamic clothing is easier to USE.

Anyway, that's an old debate. For better or worse, most of the Poser world uses conforming clothes. It would be easier and more profitable for vendors, who have the expertise to rig and conform clothing, to do so instead of trying to convert the mass market to dynamic. When most users see that a product they want is dynamic only, they move on. A lost sale. That's just the reality of the market, regardless of the pros and cons of either method.

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thanks for the shoes, outfit, etc, PhilC!

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quote - Most clothing for Anastasia is dynamic at the moment.  IMHO it is well worth experimenting with and gaining at least some level of competency.

That's a nice outfit.  I don't have a lot of dynamic stuff.  I'm sure it is well worth it and I really would like to learn it; especially to use Ana.  Unfortunately I'm still very green in Poser and I'm having to work with a learning disability and I just don't understand a lot of stuff that I have read.  I don't even think I classify as a hobbyist LOL.    

I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of it as well as expand my ability in PP12 by reading information in forums/asking questions when I can't seem to find any answers that I can understand.  However, some of the replies make me feel increasingly stupid/like I should have known better than to even ask even though a lot of this stuff I'm asking about is geared towards new stuff only in this new version.  I guess people forget what it was like to be new to something and overwhelmed/frustrated/not knowing where to look.  I've actually tried to use dynamic cloth and I've watched several tutorials on the matter, but I just can't get anything to work for me properly.  I guess I'm just too dense b/c it still doesn't make sense :/    

A lot of the stuff I have found for instruction is geared towards say Poser 7 or older and some of the menus just don't translate over well to me since I'm trying to learn 12 with tuts from say 7 in addition to never having done the process before.  Accurate screen shots are important in helping me learn.  It would be nice if somebody took some of the dynamic things in this thread and did a tutorial for dummies with them, but I know that's probably too much to ask b/c it would take a while to make.  I think once I learn how to do it on one thing in the new version of Poser I would have a better understanding and be able to practice it.    

I wish they had practicle poser 9 or 2012, but I haven't seen it out yet.  I hope they write one.  I have the one for 7, but most of the files that came with it just didn't want to work when I tried them in PS7, most of the websites it sent me to were also gone....which is why I had such a hard time learning Poser and gave up on most of the "rooms".  I just now ventured into the material room b/c it was so easy to use in 12.  Guess that is what I get for getting to the party late b/c now it seems like a lot of people expect you to just know your way around Poser before you get PP12.  I was asked the other day by I guess someone I offended with a simple question in a forum why I got PP12 if I don't know how to use half of it....well simple I wanted 64 bit support and I got it on sale for 22 dollars after a credit reward...sorry didn't know that I couldn't buy the new one and be clueless!

I also tend to agree with imax24 and their thoughts on conforming clothing....I'm personally not going to buy just dynamic alone...at least not right now....so for me conforming and maybe a tad bit more casual would be good :)  I know it won't happen overnight, but it's hard waiting!

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quote - That's a nice outfit.  I don't have a lot of dynamic stuff.  I'm sure it is well worth it and I really would like to learn it; especially to use Ana.  Unfortunately I'm still very green in Poser and I'm having to work with a learning disability and I just don't understand a lot of stuff that I have read.  I don't even think I classify as a hobbyist LOL.

Look at the date I joined Renderosity. I'm just now tiptoeing into dynamic clothing. There are a LOT of things in Poser that I still don't know how to do.

Quote - I'm trying to learn the ins and outs of it as well as expand my ability in PP12 by reading information in forums/asking questions when I can't seem to find any answers that I can understand.  However, some of the replies make me feel increasingly stupid/like I should have known better than to even ask even though a lot of this stuff I'm asking about is geared towards new stuff only in this new version.

You're handling it correctly by asking questions. That's one of the things this place is for - learning. Let the rest roll off your back.

Quote - I guess people forget what it was like to be new to something and overwhelmed/frustrated/not knowing where to look.  I've actually tried to use dynamic cloth and I've watched several tutorials on the matter, but I just can't get anything to work for me properly.  I guess I'm just too dense b/c it still doesn't make sense :/   

You're not dense. Dynamics have me a bit muddled. I've only succeeded ONCE in getting it to work correctly. Now that I have an entire dynamic wardrobe for Anastasia I'm determined to figure it out.

Quote - Guess that is what I get for getting to the party late b/c now it seems like a lot of people expect you to just know your way around Poser before you get PP12.  I was asked the other day by I guess someone I offended with a simple question in a forum why I got PP12 if I don't know how to use half of it....well simple I wanted 64 bit support and I got it on sale for 22 dollars after a credit reward...sorry didn't know that I couldn't buy the new one and be clueless!

That's the very reason I went to PP12 this time around - to get full 64 bit support. I sort of feel like a Cesna pilot learning to fly a Boeing 747!

Quote - I also tend to agree with imax24 and their thoughts on conforming clothing....I'm personally not going to buy just dynamic alone...at least not right now....so for me conforming and maybe a tad bit more casual would be good :)  I know it won't happen overnight, but it's hard waiting!

Patience, grasshopper. Vickie 3 only had second skins and a bikini for months (hence a lot of naked Vickies in the galleries at the time) until vendors took that plunge. My only issue is that most of the clothes that are coming along for Ana seem to be of the slutty variety. :rolleyes: That was the reason I made the purchase at CP, and if Poserworld starts putting out clothing for her I may have to renew my membership there after all.

My mission this weekend? To learn the mysteries of dynamic clothing. Will I succeed? Who knows?

NP: Days of Future Past by the Moody Blues - yup, it's one of those days!

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:41 PM

If you go to my site and click on the side menu Tutorials > Cloth Room you'll be able to access 5 tutorials that have stood the test of time. Made them when Dynamic Clothing first came out, still relevant today even if the GUI's have changed slightly.

VonCroy ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:50 PM

file_477500.png

*Absolutely :)*

Good job with the V3 clothing. Which set is that? I'll have to dig it out.

I think it was V3 Everyday clothes. The package included a set of conforming items together with a set of dynamic clothes. With this I have outfitted Anastasia with a set of, well, ordinary clothes. I do not know if PhilC could make it available again

My point is that I am a hobbyist. I do not spend much time on this. However if I can get reasonable results with dynamic clothes then anybody can. Attached is Anastasia with a dynamic set SVDL did for V4.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Absolutely :)

Good job with the V3 clothing. Which set is that? I'll have to dig it out.

I think it was V3 Everyday clothes. The package included a set of conforming items together with a set of dynamic clothes. With this I have outfitted Anastasia with a set of, well, ordinary clothes. I do not know if PhilC could make it available again

My point is that I am a hobbyist. I do not spend much time on this. However if I can get reasonable results with dynamic clothes then anybody can. Attached is Anastasia with a dynamic set SVDL did for V4.

Very nice!!!! Keep it up 8-)

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 6:35 PM

Quote - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_10/file_476828.jpg

i have a basic lingerie set ('hanes' type tank and panties) done that is intended for freestuff. i just havent had the time to conform it yet.

Was this made available? There was a lot of pages to go through and I may have missed it.

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 7:41 PM

file_477504.jpg

I finished modeling and UVMapping this set.  I'm going to work on the firearm before I get it into Poser though.  It'll still be a while.  :-(

Click the pic for a larger view.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 7:43 PM

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Are there enough exclamation points there?)

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 7:51 PM

Very nice! 👍

Brynna

Photoshop.

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quote - Was this made available? There was a lot of pages to go through and I may have missed it.

I'm Freestuff Coordinator and I haven't seen it come through yet. Keeping my fingers crossed, though. 😄

Brynna

Photoshop.

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quote - I finished modeling and UVMapping this set.  I'm going to work on the firearm before I get it into Poser though.  It'll still be a while.  :-(

COOL!

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:09 PM

file_477505.jpg

Well, I've been reluctant to post a WIP until this was further along, but with all of the talk of street clothing (I don;t think of these as ordinary, LOL, however conceited that sounds) I figured I'd give a preview.

So far this set is conformed,but still needs a few morphs, displacement mapping and textures.Oh, sorry no flats. Then again no Business woman with Ana's legs would be caught dead in public in flats. Maybe a while down the road...

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:11 PM

For a good quick Poser Dynamic Clothes Tutorial, I always go back to Corinthianscori's youtube tutorial (LINK)  It is 10 minutes, and if you follow along, it works!  It doesn't explain the in's and out's of every setting, it is a quick, do this, and you'll be on your way!

I rendered some "free" jeans above, and to be honest, they came out quite good using PhilC's WW2 update for Anastasia.  I would be hard-pressed to buy Jeans (or other basics) for her, since these convert so well.  I assume a basic tee would do the same.

On the flip-side, I am definitely interested in some outfits like ElorOnceDark's above, Uzilite style or Bobbie25...those never convert as well, as they are more intricate.  (...and still interested in the Alyson 1 version, so I can use her in Carrara! 😉 )

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:14 PM

Quote - Attached is an example using PhilC's clothes originally designed for V3. I am just a hobbyist and no artist. However I wonder if the power of dynamic clothing is being missed by many people. IMHO it is well worth experimenting with and gaining at least some level of competency. I feel it should not be shrugged off as being too difficult for mere hobbyists.

I just went, dusted off an old CD and damn, there that set was! Thanks for the tip. :thumbupboth:

Brynna

Photoshop.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:30 PM

Quote - Well, I've been reluctant to post a WIP until this was further along, but with all of the talk of street clothing (I don;t think of these as ordinary, LOL, however conceited that sounds) I figured I'd give a preview.

So far this set is conformed,but still needs a few morphs, displacement mapping and textures.Oh, sorry no flats. Then again no Business woman with Ana's legs would be caught dead in public in flats. Maybe a while down the road...

This is magnificent!!! Very sexy and stylish!

thinkcooper ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:46 PM

Quote - I finished modeling and UVMapping this set.  I'm going to work on the firearm before I get it into Poser though.  It'll still be a while.  :-(

I've a hunch this is going to be a fantastic set.

kerwin ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 8:48 PM

It looks liike it will be worth the wait.

-K

brynna ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 9:12 PM

Attached Link: My second attempt at dynamic clothing

It's pretty basic. Had to turn off collisions in the arms, because the bodice of the dress was developing some very strange deformities.:blink:

BTW, PhilC ----- THANKS FOR THE HIGH HEELS! The black ones were perfect!

Brynna

Photoshop.

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 9:18 PM

Quote - Well, I've been reluctant to post a WIP until this was further along, but with all of the talk of street clothing (I don;t think of these as ordinary, LOL, however conceited that sounds) I figured I'd give a preview.

Wow!  Gorgeous style!  I can't wait to see it textured!

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 9:24 PM

Thanks EOD, I'm looking forward to your set as well!

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 10:13 PM

Quote - > Quote - Was this made available? There was a lot of pages to go through and I may have missed it.

I'm Freestuff Coordinator and I haven't seen it come through yet. Keeping my fingers crossed, though. 😄

I really hope it becomes out soon, it looks great, perfect for Ana. :)

Quote - For a good quick Poser Dynamic Clothes Tutorial, I always go back to Corinthianscori's youtube tutorial (LINK)  It is 10 minutes, and if you follow along, it works!  It doesn't explain the in's and out's of every setting, it is a quick, do this, and you'll be on your way!

I rendered some "free" jeans above, and to be honest, they came out quite good using PhilC's WW2 update for Anastasia.  I would be hard-pressed to buy Jeans (or other basics) for her, since these convert so well.  I assume a basic tee would do the same.

Do you have a link to the jeans, that is of course, if the "free" part means legally free. :p

I saw your render and they looked really good. :)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 14 January 2012 at 10:21 PM

Sure, they are on ShareCG, Hip Jeans for V4++

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 2:20 AM

Awesome, thanks!

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 1:30 PM

file_477516.png

I am having much fun with Anastasia and dynamic clothing. Here is another sample with Grappo's jeans and shirt, originally meant for V4. Naturally PhilC's shoes are used.

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 1:32 PM

file_477517.png

Lastly items from HMan originally meant for V3.

Yokasobi ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 1:42 PM

@VonCroy— do you have links for those things? I especially like the skirt, pants, and the first shirt.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 1:58 PM

I've had some great success with dynamic recently.. Also often works well as a fitting tool.

I'll work with both the cloth item and the figure to get the figure into the item without pokethrough anywhere, scale them both down a few percent then skip to frame 30 or so and return the figure to 100% scale and zero any morphs and roatations I did to get it into the outfit and run the cloth sim... assuming the outfit doesnt fall into pieces on the floor I then export the clothes as an obj and re-import it into a blank scene then run it through the setup room to steal the figures skeleton... presto conforming outfit.  

With the weightmapping eliminating the need for as many JCMs in the figure the setup room does a really good job of setting up the rig by itself.  Auto grouping is also much improved in P9/pp2012.

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 2:07 PM

Grappo:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dynamic-blouse/80579

and

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dynamic-jeans-for-v4/80340

HMann may have metamorphosed to Majix 101 here is a link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dynamic-clothes-for-poser-5-6-version-3/14935

This looks similar to the outfits I have. I did buy this many years ago though.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 2:16 PM
Site Admin

Are you running the dynamic clothes through WW first?

I followed Phil's instructions to get the Anastasia_WW.obj but I forgot to turn off the nipples and now everything that's close-fitting has them, guess I need to redo it.

Yokasobi ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 2:31 PM

Thanks, VonCray!

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 3:07 PM

Quote - Are you running the dynamic clothes through WW first?

I followed Phil's instructions to get the Anastasia_WW.obj but I forgot to turn off the nipples and now everything that's close-fitting has them, guess I need to redo it.

I do not run dynamic items through WW first. I just re-scale the item and adjust the position over the figure. Sometimes I move the figure's arms slightly so that they are completely inside the sleeves before I run the simulation. I am only getting started on this, but I am getting encouraging results.

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 3:43 PM · edited Sun, 15 January 2012 at 3:43 PM

Quote - ... I then export the clothes as an obj and re-import it into a blank scene then run it through the setup room to steal the figures skeleton... presto conforming outfit.   With the weightmapping eliminating the need for as many JCMs in the figure the setup room does a really good job of setting up the rig by itself.  Auto grouping is also much improved in P9/pp2012.

Which is why I don't understand a commercial developer's rationale for making a dynamic outfit and stopping there. Freebies, sure. Stuff you just want to share with fellow dynamics lovers, sure. But commercially? The market for conforming clothes is so massive, why not go the extra step and include a conforming version as well? Watch the money go to other vendors just on principle, because you personally like dynamic better? I just don't get it.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 4:05 PM

Really nice outfit Letterworks! I would never wear those shoes with that suit tho...lol. It screams classic pumps :P.

Laurie

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 5:09 PM

file_477522.png

Last post from my adventures with dynamic clothing. Set made for V4 by Grappo2000.

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 8:34 PM

file_477525.jpg

Still hate dynamic cloth.  Got the shirt to work, but the pants don't like me and neither do the shoes ;)  I applied the high heel morph that I found on Ana, but the shoes still had poke through not matter what I did with them.....so I just hid the toes LOL.  They are very pretty shoes.  I might try to run them through WW and see if they would fit V4 ROFL.    

I think I will pretty much just stay with my conforming clothing.  I'm still not impressed with dynamic enough to invest in the time it needs.    

Hopefully this time the pic will upload :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 8:54 PM · edited Sun, 15 January 2012 at 8:55 PM

Hm..I thought they looked fine. Other than her amazing invisible toes of course...lol.

Did you try a magnet? You could have easily narrowed/moved the toes with one. I love magnets myself. So useful :).

And VanCroy your stuff looks great. When I'm able, I'll have to take a stab and fitting some V4 dynamic things to Anastasia :).

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 10:08 PM · edited Sun, 15 January 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hiding the toes is a time-honored way of dealing with poke-thru even with conforming shoes. Of course it doesn't work very well with open-toe pumps or sandals!

Speaking of shoes, I am very fond of vendors who make both shoes part of the same CR2 instead of two separate ones. 😄

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 11:04 PM

Quote - Hiding the toes is a time-honored way of dealing with poke-thru even with conforming shoes.

Yep, I do it all the time, especially if you won't see the toe anyway ;).

Quote - Speaking of shoes, I am very fond of vendors who make both shoes part of the same CR2 instead of two separate ones. 😄

Me too :).

Laurie

shannonsuzanne ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 11:10 PM

uh I don't know much about magnets.  Guess I need to learn!

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Sun, 15 January 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quote - Speaking of shoes, I am very fond of vendors who make both shoes part of the same CR2 instead of two separate ones. 😄

I always used to set up my shoes as a pair, but ever since I started using D3D's Content Mirror, I found it way easier to set up one shoe with all the JP's and morphs, and then just make a mirrored one. 

brynna ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 12:01 AM

Quote - Me too :).

Me three. ;-)

Brynna

Photoshop.

Yokasobi ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 12:06 AM

Quote - > Quote - Me too :).

Me three. ;-)

Me four. Makes it way easier to load, apply textures to, adjust fit, etc.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 5:05 AM

You've done a good job shannonsuzanne. Yes the readme does suggest to hide the toes, but here is a tip:-

If you open the Hierarchy Window,
Find the toe,
Click on the little eye icon whilst you have the ALT key held down,
You'll hide not only the toe but all the little toe parts below it.
Great time saver.

I included both conforming and dynamic versions of the pants, so use whichever you are most comfortable with.

I do like the pose, hair, lighting... well all of it :)

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 5:09 AM

file_477537.jpg

Free High Heel shoes with a 1950's automotive theme. Just a little bit of Poser fun and nonsense :)

Conform to the Alyson2 figure with the Anastasia and High Heel morphs applied. Hide the toes.

Hosted at ShareCG:-
http://www.sharecg.com/v/58878/view/11/Poser/Anastasia-High-Heel-Shoes-3

OK now back to being serious ;)

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 7:50 AM

Quote - I always used to set up my shoes as a pair, but ever since I started using D3D's Content Mirror, I found it way easier to set up one shoe with all the JP's and morphs, and then just make a mirrored one. 

I'm sure the vendors who put both shoes in one figure do the mirror thing somewhere along the way.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 8:53 AM

Hahaaaaaa PhilC...they are AWESOME!! LOLOL.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - I always used to set up my shoes as a pair, but ever since I started using D3D's Content Mirror, I found it way easier to set up one shoe with all the JP's and morphs, and then just make a mirrored one. 

I'm sure the vendors who put both shoes in one figure do the mirror thing somewhere along the way.

I mirror mine in the modeling program then bring them into Poser together for in the setup room.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.