Thu, Sep 19, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:31 pm)

Subject: Daz peeing on it's loyal customers and gave dazstudio PRO for free

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:18 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:32 PM

Daz peeing on it's loyal customers and gave dazstudio 4 PRO for free.

**many people have bought this 3 months ago for $$$

and now they give it away for free.

very very incorrectly to it's loyal customers!

- this confirms the news genesis figure not sell enough and fails against the WMV V4 for poser as daz lose customers.

- daz goes bankrupt.

Never again i buy any product from daz3d!

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:26 AM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quote - Daz peeing on it's loyal customers and gave dazstudio 4 PRO for free.

very very incorrectly to it's loyal customers!

this confirms the new genesis figure not sell enough and fails against the WMV V4 for poser as daz lose customers.**

- daz goes bankrupt.

Never again i buy some product from daz3d!

your stament is incorrect and you have NO proof of what your saying..

So please stop spreading incorrect info about things you CANNOT know..

HERE are my FREEBEE's

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:33 AM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:35 AM

what about all the people that have paid $$$

3 month's ago for the dazstudio 4 PRO software?

**I paid 429$ and now it's free...

what about that statement?

**I make a legal case against this and find me a lawyer.

kylumi ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:52 AM

Mr Durf.....I think you need anger management.

Also, this is another of those negative and slanderous threads that need deleting.

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:01 AM

does the truth hurt?

dude, I lost much money to this program and now it's "free"!

Isn't this normal, that I'm angry

kylumi ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:09 AM

There you go again......you are making assumptions about me and what I believe to be truth or/otherwise.

I own 2 of the 3 free versions which are being offered as "freebies".....I am not complaining in fact the exact opposite, I am very happy for those members who are now able to access the power of Genesis for free whereas, they may not have afforded to do so before.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:13 AM

Well they said some people would be happy and some would be unhappy.  I do agree that the Genesis figure is not making enough money for them and they had to do something to move forward, this is their step.  We will see if it is the right direction for them.  I have to say I installed my version and will see if I can make the transition from Poser, but not sure if I can and if it is worth having the genesis figures to use this software.

Sharen

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quote - I do agree that the Genesis figure is not making enough money for them and they had to do something to move forward

yeah, there must indeed be something seriously wrong.

why else would daz do this.

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:41 AM

I have thought from the very start that GENESIS & V5 should have been an add-on or plug in to DAZ3. I like all the the different things you can do with genesis but i also have issues some of it.  The problem is that we have to re-do a number of things. This way we could have only ONE DAZ. Some items work great in DAZ3 but not in DAZ4 and vicversa.  DAZ could have saved a lot of money and heald on to the meny loyal DAZ fans

vitachick ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:43 AM

Making room for Daz5???  Still do not understand why they didd't incorporate this Genesis figure into Daz3...

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quote - Making room for Daz5???  Still do not understand why they didd't incorporate this Genesis figure into Daz3...

yeah they could saved a lot of $$$ not invest in some new ds4 interface.

and just stay at the fine working DS3 program.

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 10:48 AM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 11:10 AM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182614

While I understand that earlier buyers aren't nessesarily happy with DAZs latest decisions I would very much prefer this thread would not go too much into attacks.

Thank you.

Please be aware that there is a similar thread at DAZ where you are much more likely to be heared. That being said, feel free to continue here.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 11:29 AM

Quote - While I understand that earlier buyers aren't nessesarily happy with DAZs latest decisions I would very much prefer this thread would not go too much into attacks.

Thank you.

Please be aware that there is a similar thread at DAZ where you are much more likely to be heared. That being said, feel free to continue here.

you are right, no reasons for attacks!

only looking for answers and join forces  "for our rights from daz"

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:02 PM

If you bought it within the last 30 days, you can get a refund.

If after 30 days, there is nothing you can do, nothing legal etc.

You bought it, it was fit for the purpose you wanted and have waited util this time to try to make a case.

Any lawyer would give you the same advice. Nothing you can do.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Klebnor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:31 PM

I have been purchasing and using Carrara since version 6.  I would be prefectly happy if DAZ gave it away.  Larger user base = more vendor support and continued viability.   Life is too short for me to be infuriated by the good fortune of others.

Then again, I'm a live and let live kinda person.

Klebnor von Unterpremstaetten

Lotus 123 ~ S-Render ~ OS/2 WARP ~ IBM 8088 / 4.77 Mhz ~ Hercules Ultima graphics, Hitachi 10 MB HDD, 64K RAM, 12 in diagonal CRT Monitor (16 colors / 60 Hz refresh rate), 240 Watt PS, Dual 1.44 MB Floppies, 2 button mouse input device.  Beige horizontal case.  I don't display my unit.

durf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:45 PM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:45 PM

Quote - If you bought it within the last 30 days, you can get a refund.

If after 30 days, there is nothing you can do, nothing legal etc.

You bought it, it was fit for the purpose you wanted and have waited util this time to try to make a case.

All the best.

LROG

may be in the US, in my country this is not legal!

or the company have to be bankrupt

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:51 PM

I don't think anyone is upset at the good fortune of others.  But certainly some of us who paid just a few months ago (and I firmly believe it is this short time between "pay quite a bit" and "free for all" that is upsetting people) for DS4Advanced and Pro are understandably a bit upset.   I said over at Daz and I'll say here that I am glad for those who are happy, and hope they will just have empathy for those who aren't so happy and not be mean to them or tell them they shouldn't feel as they do because..[fill in the blank]. 

People make choices with the money they have beyond filling basic needs such as food and a roof over their heads.  People who chose to buy the programs do not necessarily have any more disposable income than those who didn't - they just chose to spend their money on something that the others chose not to spend theirs on.  No value judgements in that.  And those who chose not to spend their money then are happy now.  Very understandable and I'm happy for them.  You can be happy for some people and sad for yourself and for others.

I think that discussing this at Daz's forums WITHOUT being insulting to them, without calling them names or threatening legal suits is more productive than talking about it here.  In my experience, when people nicely point out things they see as unfair, Daz often does something to compensate them.  Not always, but often.

As others have said, there is no basis at all for legal action, and threatening it is probably not a very good plan in either having Daz listen or other posters empathize. 

Daz has a very generous no-questions-asked 30 day money back guarantee that goes WAY beyond what any of the other big 3d stores have.  They are not under any obligation in my mind to do anything beyond that, but I hope they will make some gesture to help people who bought versions of the software only a few months ago feel better.

So, go discuss this at Daz, but I URGE you to be polite and respectful to Daz and to other posters there.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 2:08 PM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 2:12 PM

*"If you bought it within the last 30 days, you can get a refund.*If after 30 days, there is nothing you can do, nothing legal etc.

All the best.

LROG"

from Durf:

**"may be in the US, in my country this is not legal!

or the company have to be bankrupt"

I understand your feeling upset about this situation, but I am curious, in what country is it it only legal for a company to give away a product that they previously charged for if they are bankrupt?  Can you point us to a copy of that law? 

Even if it IS a law in some country, I would think that when you purchase something the laws in the country of purchase are what would apply.

I certainly hope you don't waste money on a lawyer....

Cheers,
Alisa

klown ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 2:16 PM

Did everyone go this @p3$#!+ when Adobe Creative Suite 5 became Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and it was a $400 upgrade if you purchased outside of the 30 day window?

kylumi ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quote - Did everyone go this @p3$#!+ when Adobe Creative Suite 5 became Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and it was a $400 upgrade if you purchased outside of the 30 day window?

You are spot on my friend....I had that upgrade...and, also the re-purchase of Adobe CS5 when, I dropped the Creative Suite.....but, those are mostly professional users and therefore gentleman like you and I.....hehehehe!

klown ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 3:06 PM

One way or another someone will miss out, it's only 28 days of free then it goes back to retail. Someone will be out of the country, in a hospital, forget to put it in their account, or discover they want to be a 3D artist the day it comes off sale and goes back to retail.

If you bought 1 title I could see you being a little pissed but unless you bought all four it's a little extreme to state Daz is urinating on them for offering free software for 30 days IMHO.

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 3:28 PM

it seems that DAZ is off line I have not been able to log on all day. 

any way if you buy a computer at 10am and walk out the door with it, by the time you got home your $3000.00 new computer is already out of date, what do you do,take it back?? NO you live with it untill you can get another better and faster and it too will be out of date by the time you get it home, point is DAZ is trying to gather more hidden artest who are out there to join us and creat bigger and better stuff, yes i have problems with DAZ4 but i like it and for me the problems with DAZ is byfar, far less then i have trying to work my way through POSER!  to help you all get over this, just get up go to the mirror ,look and say , ***"God I love you!" *** then come back and creat some great art. 

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 4:37 PM

I wouldn't be too upset about this if it wasn't for the fact that just a few months ago, DAZ had a big forum thread on telling the customer base that the days of many, many sales and deep, deep discounts were over.

They got the early adopters to jump through hoops & now those adopters know it for for nothing.

I think the real problem is going to be when DAZ attempts to sell DS5.  I don't see DS5 being a big seller for DAZ in the future, because the user base knows that if they wait a few months, they can get it for free or heavily discounted.

Genesis has been out about 6 months.  Based on content released, it isn't exactly taking the world by storm. 

The only content developer making Genesis products here seems to be Sickleyield.  Great products by the way, I have picked up a number of things they have made for the Gen4 characters.

Runtime DNA has less than 6 products.  DAZ doesn't actually have that much either. 291 items & that includes bundles & stuff that is both V4 & Gen.

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:49 PM

Any one who paid for DS4 Pro and is unhappy with the free give away:

Give DAZ a chance to make this right -- Ask them NICELY for a refund, regardless of when you made your purchase.  You might be pleasantly surprised.

durf ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 12:59 AM

Daz remove all negative comments in this thread from all it's loyal users!

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=182614&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=432ff0e3ee137596bdf1eca0877f866b

Fight back and all ask for refunds.

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 1:06 AM

I'm quite happy :biggrin: I had Bryce 7 PRO before, but still happy. Don't feel anything warm running down my back I must say.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 8:34 AM
Site Admin

I suspect it's a marketing strategy. A lot of the people who got it free will start buying content for it, and that's what Daz is counting on. If you ask me, it is a very smart decision on their part.  Expand the user base a little over the next month, get them hooked and sell them content...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:23 AM

Attached Link: Daz forum thread as mentioned...

Actually Daz have got a seperate thread in which they are encouraging disgruntled Studio purchasers to suggest solutons to this.  You really should get your fact straight before bad-mouthing people, durf.

Jellybean ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quote - I suspect it's a marketing strategy. A lot of the people who got it free will start buying content for it, and that's what Daz is counting on. If you ask me, it is a very smart decision on their part.  Expand the user base a little over the next month, get them hooked and sell them content...

They already had that hook dangling in the water with the basic DS4 which has been available for free from the launch date.

durf ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 1:22 PM

Quote - Actually Daz have got a seperate thread in which they are encouraging disgruntled Studio purchasers to suggest solutons to this.  You really should get your fact straight before bad-mouthing people, durf.

yeah, and daz is deleting comments like hell in that thread!

only messages, like we love you daz, happy daz will not be deleted.

If your comment is to hard and true.

al negative comments from all angry people will be removed.

very professional!

Me very disappointed in daz.

from now on, i only download freebies and stop buying from daz.

durf ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 1:34 PM · edited Fri, 03 February 2012 at 1:34 PM

Quote - I suspect it's a marketing strategy. A lot of the people who got it free will start buying content for it, and that's what Daz is counting on. If you ask me, it is a very smart decision on their part.  Expand the user base a little over the next month, get them hooked and sell them content...

yeah it's all marketing, I know.

real poser users will not change, weightmapped victoria 4 works fine in poser.

this offer is not fair to daz loyal people that all bought the software for $$$

between now and 6 months ago!

these people are now angry and disappointed.

how would you feel like, if you have $$$ money invested and hope for a nice working 3d tool.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 3:04 PM

durf, I am one of those not happy about what happened,  But you are spreading INCORRECT information.  Again.  Most of that thread is people who aren't happy about this situation and that's the whole POINT of the thread! The thread has LOTS of negative comments.

If you violate the TOS at Daz, just like if you violate the TOS here, yes, your posts will be deleted.  If you even bothered to read what I wrote above,  I talked about being polite and respectful.  if you are doing that, your post will not be deleted.  If you start out with "Daz is peeing on it's loyal customers" and threaten lawsuits, they probably WILL delete it.  And they SHOULD.  I am actually a bit shocked and disappointed that Renderosity is allowing this thread given the nasty title and the incorrect things that are being said

By the way, you didn't respond to my question:

"I understand your feeling upset about this situation, but I am curious, in what country is it it only legal for a company to give away a product that they previously charged for if they are bankrupt?  Can you point us to a copy of that law?"

Cheers,
Alisa

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 4:50 PM

I understand that you guys are upset by what Daz has done. But I think that this has gone long enough.

Voicing your anger here will not be seen by Daz. So its best you let them know here

I'm only going to keep this locked instead of deleting for other members to see if they want to voice to daz about this issue.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.