Tue, Oct 1, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 8:55 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Lyne's Creations Freebies Thread! New offerings often!

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2012 at 12:53 PM

It has come to my attention that some may not know that UVMAPPER CLASSIC is FREE!! I have re-mapped some of my other products as well, so please do get the FREE classic mapper, and follow the instructions in my special readme, in the zip... it's really easy and you will then have a better map!

and ... you are all very welcome! It makes me HAPPY to share at this time in my life! :)

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

foxylady1 ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2012 at 3:01 PM

I just love the Artic Fox.  Everything you have given us has been incredible.  Thank you so much.

shante ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2012 at 3:22 PM

Bummer. UV Mapper no longer works on my Mac. Seems my newer version of OS doesn't work with whatever the last version of the free UV Mapper for Macs is still available out there. I am so bummed!!!!!!   :(

MarianneR ( ) posted Wed, 07 March 2012 at 1:36 AM

@shante:

Try Winebottler to run the PC version of UV Mapper: 

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

I am running OSX 10.6.8 and I dont' know if Wine will work on the latest OS, but Wine will run the PC UV Mapper on my machine. The old installation files from DAZ that I have tried also worked.

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 6:51 PM · edited Fri, 23 March 2012 at 6:58 PM

Lyne's Free Wolves & Wild Dogs!

12 different wild dogs, plus 3 Siberian Husky morphs/maps, with many body poses and Face/Expression Poses! DETAILED instructions on how to do the re-mapping to get the new obj from your current Poser (or DAZ) Wolf model!

See the illustration in the Free Stuff Gallery here:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2312790

All characters in one 15 mb zip! Be sure and read the TWO README's inclosed to enjoy your canines fully!  Find the zip here:

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree1.htm

There are many important notes on the web page as well as in the readme's to help you get that original obj changed into the new obj for the new maps! I tried to answer all the questions raised previously and even add more notes to help clarify the process! It's FREE and easy to use UVmapper Classic... just take it one step at a time.  I have re-mapped other models too, so getting to know the process is a good idea! :)

Enjoy!

Lyne
Lyne's Creations

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 6:55 PM · edited Fri, 23 March 2012 at 6:56 PM

Quote - Bummer. UV Mapper no longer works on my Mac. Seems my newer version of OS doesn't work with whatever the last version of the free UV Mapper for Macs is still available out there. I am so bummed!!!!!!   :(

oh shoot!! I will ask my mac friend who is a programmer too, and see if he has any suggestions for mac users!  DID the suggestion for the "winebottle" program to use the PC mapper version work??

Lyne

shante ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 7:05 PM · edited Fri, 23 March 2012 at 7:10 PM

No it hasn't. But thanks.

I am also having problems with DAZ installers for older stuff I paid good money for no longer working. DAZ is not really stepping up to the plate getting this stuff updated for new OS versions.

We are buying items in good faith but they do not consider that our forced obsolescence  is going to allow us to use these items when we needed long after they were purchased because it is too much work and not dollar wise updating installers for old work.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2012 at 7:20 PM

Wowie!  Thanks so much, Lyne!! :-)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Kerya ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 9:51 AM

Thank you so much!

foxylady1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 9:58 AM

Thank you.  You are the best, ever.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2012 at 11:34 AM

Lyne - Thanks so very much for your generosity and kindness in giving away these awesome animals.

shante - What went wrong when you tried to use UV Mapper with Wine?  It's working fine for me in Ubuntu, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to make it work on a Mac.

shante ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 10:29 PM

Quote - Lyne - Thanks so very much for your generosity and kindness in giving away these awesome animals.

shante - What went wrong when you tried to use UV Mapper with Wine?  It's working fine for me in Ubuntu, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to make it work on a Mac.

Short answer:

I can no longer focus on too many different things.

I went to the site and downloaded the utility. I installed and tried reading the readme file in the DMG. As I was trying, my eyes glazed over and I felt myself getting an anxiety attack. I had to close the window and lie down.

You see the past two years have not been too good for me. 3 deaths in the family followed by prolonged mourning, lonliness, severe depression and anxiety attacks have plagued me. The combined medications for all this make me sleepy and brain lax. I used to be able to read and enjoy to paperback novels a week before it started. Now its taken me 1 month plus to get through one.

I can no longer focus and have to maintain a slow easy regimen of practiced tasks or I fall apart.

Attempting anything new or complex sends me downward spiraling. I am forced to work for chump change in a library, a government subsidized job, because I can't go back to work full time.

I am getting better but trying to figure out anything more complex that firing up Poser putting the needed characters in the stage and blah blah blah...to get an image I can paint is the most I can do creative or technical right now. Apparently judging from the result of trying to figure out Wine I am still unable to do more than that.

I am just telling you all of this because I didn't want anyone to think I was just BS'ing here.

Thanks all for the help.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh, no, I didn't think you were BS'ing at all!  And I'm so very sorry this is such a horribly difficult time for you now.  No, I was asking because sometimes it does take work to get something to work in Wine and I was hoping I might be able to help you past a difficulty with UVMapper. My point about getting it to work on Ubuntu was really just what I said- it's probably possible (with no implication on simple or easy) to get it to work on the Mac.  But I've never used Wine on OS X, so I have no clue what particular steps would be involved with you doing this.

Anyway, nothing to worry about.  Fact is, if you're already painting over the Poser work, I'd focus on that.  I've been starting to get active on deviantART, and it's giving me an even greater appreciation for 2D work than I already have.  I'm still more 3d than 2d really, because of where my own skills and interests peak, but I can see how much more immediate 2D works can be.  if you're feeling overwhelmed by technical issues, you might try focusing even more on the painting and just putting 3d content issues on the backburner.

shante ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2012 at 11:28 PM

Quote - Oh, no, I didn't think you were BS'ing at all!  And I'm so very sorry this is such a horribly difficult time for you now.  No, I was asking because sometimes it does take work to get something to work in Wine and I was hoping I might be able to help you past a difficulty with UVMapper. My point about getting it to work on Ubuntu was really just what I said- it's probably possible (with no implication on simple or easy) to get it to work on the Mac.  But I've never used Wine on OS X, so I have no clue what particular steps would be involved with you doing this.

Anyway, nothing to worry about.  Fact is, if you're already painting over the Poser work, I'd focus on that.  I've been starting to get active on deviantART, and it's giving me an even greater appreciation for 2D work than I already have.  I'm still more 3d than 2d really, because of where my own skills and interests peak, but I can see how much more immediate 2D works can be.  if you're feeling overwhelmed by technical issues, you might try focusing even more on the painting and just putting 3d content issues on the backburner.

Sorry but by painting I meant F/X'ing in PhotoShop. I used to be a photographer and pen and ink and airbrush artist before Poser. I don't paint in PhotoShop though if I can afford it. I was doing a lot of photorestoration work and got tired of it I guess.

I have been using Poser since verion 4 and for some reason prefer getting most of the image worked out in the app (some stupid purist thing I picked up then and have been lugging around since!).

But have never been too good with the complex stuff...hell i still don't know how to use magnets. Now in Poser 7 I see what everyone else is doing with reflections and the cloth room, etc. and I get sick at not being able to get things to make sense enough to use them. it would really help me get my game up in 3D especially since I am getting bored with my stupid numb minded limitations!  :(

Got a piece published last year using Poser and a bit of PhotoShop. It was in the book:

The Future of Erotic Fantasy Art. But if I had to say it was due to technical expertise I would be lying. It was blind luck.

I too have a good sized gallery at DeviantArt (in fact the published piece was posted there and I was asked to submit it for consideration). Spend a lot of time there looking at others works. Love it. An incredible place to see what is going on in all genres and looking at all the work there is mind numbingly relaxing if you know what i mean.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 12:00 AM

What's your dA URL?  I'd really love to check out your work.  And yeah, it's really a great place to keep different types of work on my radar.  I'm seeing a lot more sculpture and crafts than I had anticipated.

shante ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2012 at 7:06 AM · edited Tue, 27 March 2012 at 7:08 AM

Quote - What's your dA URL?  I'd really love to check out your work.  And yeah, it's really a great place to keep different types of work on my radar.  I'm seeing a lot more sculpture and crafts than I had anticipated.

Here you go:

Main:   http://shantetoo.deviantart.com/

Published image:   http://shantetoo.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d1f0xcc

Stop on by and tell me what you think.

Personally, though I would have loved to include my earlier digital work and my scanned pen and ink and air brush work the task would have been too daunting. Got too much stuff and because I keep everything and can't decide what to include I just don't bother going there.

I am quite amazed in my more lucid moments I have managed to get anything decent in the digital environment considering my frustrating learning deficiency.  :(

In all fairness to everyone else following this thread I apologize for seeming to have grinched it. We can continue this off thread if you wish.

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2012 at 9:07 PM · edited Tue, 01 May 2012 at 9:09 PM

All my Bovine (Bulls, Cows, Calves) morphs, maps and props are ready for download!
NOTHING NEEDS DECODING!! YAY! All files needed to use the Bovines are included and ready to go in your Posers!

You can see the Gallery image here:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2325449

and you can go to my download page here:
http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree2.htm

Be sure to read the new ReadMe that comes with the set! I hope you enjoy!

Lyne
Lyne's Creations

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2012 at 9:12 PM

Wonderful - thanks, Lyne!!

Cheers,
Alisa

BecSchm ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2012 at 10:25 PM

Thanks, Lyn!  You're a sweetheart!  All the best to you.

shante ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2012 at 10:53 PM

Got it ALL....Again!

Bought the set years ago and decided to get it AGAIN in case I have problems with the original CD....like I have in the past Now I have insurance.

Thanks dear. I am glad I don't have to do too much frelling about with this set.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful work and offerigs....again!

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 12:54 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 1:17 AM

Mooo Moooo thank you

Eternal Hobbyist

mininessie ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 2:55 AM

thanks you sweetie....you are the best!!!

trumarcar ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 3:28 AM

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your generosity.

size8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 9:30 AM

Thank you so much for this fabulous freebie 

tulipe ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 12:11 PM

A big thank you! You are so sweet!

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 6:22 PM

YOU ARE SOOOO VERY WELCOME! Puts a smile on my face to make you all happy!

I am thinking to do my much requested moose and bunny rabbits next month... to help nature scenes.  :)

Hugs you all,

Lyne

shante ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2012 at 6:40 PM

Oh Buoy!  Wabbittts!

I hope we don't need to do any converting for those. I have missed out on most of your offerings so far I think except the bulls and cows because of that. I am sooooo bummed!

shante

Quote - YOU ARE SOOOO VERY WELCOME! Puts a smile on my face to make you all happy!

I am thinking to do my much requested moose and bunny rabbits next month... to help nature scenes.  :)

Hugs you all,

Lyne

JosephineAu ( ) posted Thu, 03 May 2012 at 5:57 PM

Wow Lynn... These are wonderful.

Pajama ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 3:09 AM

Thank you Lynn so much for your generosity :)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2012 at 3:22 AM

Thanks so much for your generous gift to the community.  I hope things have begun to turn around for you.

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 12:21 PM

So very kind of you....

Ninja-G33k ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote - YOU ARE SOOOO VERY WELCOME! Puts a smile on my face to make you all happy!

Hugs you all,

Lyne

Bunnies!  Huzzah!  Thanks for all the fantastic work you do!

Lyne ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2012 at 1:17 PM

RE: the Bovines:  If you do have them already:

I would strongly suggest removing the old cows/calves/bulls and install the new versions ... I really worked hard to update the texture maps and the BODY shapes too! Now they all load with JUST a jpg texture... you can plug that right into bump if you want to, tho not really needed.  The maps still "stretch" in places but I fixed some glaring (well to me) booboos, made the cow "toe" thingy the matching colors so they don't look as odd...fixed some holes in the maps... I really made too many cows at one time, way back then...got a bit obsessed on "oh just one more type/breed/color" ! and I was working too hard to get them out on my own deadline...Anyway, now they are all fixed up! :)

Hint: If your cow looks right at the camera -to help the stretched face area...select it, blur a TINY bit, add TINY bit of noise and then "motion blur" a tiny bit in the direction of the "hair" !

and no, rabbits and mooses do not need decoding....er... actually the RE- RIGGED moose at PlanIT3d would need decoding... but will look into including it READY TO GO with the original...

runs off thinking :)

Lyne

kenmo ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 10:37 AM

I really love your free models....they are fantastic...

mamba-negra ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 8:42 PM

This is amazingly generous. Thank you so much!

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 12:17 AM · edited Mon, 04 June 2012 at 12:21 AM

Lyne's Creations Freebie MOOSE FAMILY!

Picture here:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2336147

This set is not compatible with the re-rigged set, offered for owners of the older tif -mapped version of my moose at PlanIT3d. All the characters in this set will call to jpg maps. THIS PACKAGE IS COMPLETE with the obj's for both the original and the re-rigged version of the Moose characters! ALL the poses for both are also included.

It is VERY important to read the README FIRST readme! The poses will cause a bit of unexpected "leaping about" of these critters... but rather than hurt my hand/arm more by re-working the poses, I have written a detailed "how to use the poses" in this readme.

NOTE: my upcoming Reindeer and Okapi models are based on the same model and are NOT re-rigged. It takes a lot of work to do that and neither Jenny nor I are able to do that.

WILD and domestic RABBITS will be along as soon as I can convert their many tif/bum maps to the smaller jpg format! I just wanted to get you all something to play with while you are waiting. :)  HUGE THANKS TO JENNY FOR THE RE-RIGGING!! HER README IS INCLUDED IN THE SET. :)

Download page at my website:
http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree3.htm

Enjoy!

Lyne

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 12:20 AM

Thank you once again, so very, very much!

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 12:28 AM

very very welcome! Happy to share! :)

Lyne

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 12:53 AM

They are looking wonderful! Thank you!

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 1:06 AM

And another fabulous package - thanks so much, Lyne!!

Cheers,
Alisa

trumarcar ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 2:18 AM

WONDERFUL!! Thank you so much.

mininessie ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 2:59 AM

thanks so much dear!!!

Pajama ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 3:32 AM

Thank you Lyne so much for your sharing your lovely creations :)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 4:28 AM

Great! Thank you!

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 2:22 PM

just a quick "your very welcome" to let you know I do monitor this forum and SO enjoy your replies! :)

hugs you all!

danidh ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 2:23 PM

Oh, thank you so much!!!

jonnybode ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 3:01 PM

Thanks a lot Lyne, I've been longing for that good looking Moose of yours!

jecnodde ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 4:13 PM

Thanks Lyne for your all wonderfull gifts :)

foxylady1 ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 10:44 PM

Thank you so much for your generousity.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.