Sun, Sep 15, 5:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:51 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hmmm. I just went to check to see if my last orders were sorted yet and downloadable and I got the issue with the wrong username remembered.

This is a session cookie id problem of some sort, I'd guess. It shouldn't represent a personal information security risk... I don't think... well actually, not sure about that.

Anyway...still can't download though. Its the M4 muscle morphs I'm waiting for... so I can start my Forum comp entry ;-)

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:56 PM

What I find hard to understand is that at the beginning of the year they said the new website was just around the corner. I think everyone was expecting it to be released in a few days or a week at the most and that it had already been thoroughly tested. Just round the corner turned into 4 months. It makes me wonder what they were doing all that time and why create hype when things are not even ready for release. All it does is to make them look very silly and very incompetent. 😕

Byrdie ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 3:48 PM

Well, my order is still "pending". I am a PC member -- annual, due to renew the end of October, so it can't be the new members Paypal bug affecting it in my case. Or at least, it shouldn't be but Murphy's Law always applies. I can log in to the PC forum but in the store it's as if I hadn't. I see no PC prices, not even in my wishlist, which was fine last night. Looks like when they migrated, they brought Fickle along with 'em. How else to explain such a mess? :rolleyes:

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:31 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:32 PM

Every time I see "Aiden for M5" my brain keeps changing it to "Alan Alda for M5" ...ugguuu...

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

fam0314 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quote - Hmmm. I just went to check to see if my last orders were sorted yet and downloadable and I got the issue with the wrong username remembered.

This is a session cookie id problem of some sort, I'd guess. It shouldn't represent a personal information security risk... I don't think... well actually, not sure about that.

Anyway...still can't download though. Its the M4 muscle morphs I'm waiting for... so I can start my Forum comp entry ;-)

This is correct about the logged in as a differnet username. As soon as you click on the name or cart or my account it asks you to log in, so no personal info is at risk. The cookie thing is what we are thinking is the issue.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hmmm. I just went to check to see if my last orders were sorted yet and downloadable and I got the issue with the wrong username remembered.

This is correct about the logged in as a differnet username. As soon as you click on the name or cart or my account it asks you to log in, so no personal info is at risk. The cookie thing is what we are thinking is the issue.

Thanks - yeah, I guess I'd expect to see this sort of thing if either the server was reassigning the session ID extremely early (which seems unlikely) or if there was some sort of truncation of IDs occurring... as in the session id, which is quite possibly a long integer, somehow being in a range outwith the scope of a code statement somewhere that is truncating the long integer to a shorter data type (probably a string type)...

Some of the other issues I've seen would also make me suspect some kind of truncation of long data type numerical ids (e.g.) when they're parsed into a string data type...

...and I guess that this kind of problem would be consistent with an issue occuring post data migration, that somehow wasn't captured in test; e.g. if the initialization of an index key somewhere started out at a much higher value, post migration, than it ever got to in the test phase.

But that's all pure speculation on my part of course... sorry! Getting carried away there... LOL.

Hopefully we'll see the horse brought back into the paddock shortly ;-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:23 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:25 PM

Quote - Thanks - yeah, I guess I'd expect to see this sort of thing if either the server was reassigning the session ID extremely early (which seems unlikely) or if there was some sort of truncation of IDs occurring... as in the session id, which is quite possibly a long integer, somehow being in a range outwith the scope of a code statement somewhere that is truncating the long integer to a shorter data type (probably a string type)...

Some of the other issues I've seen would also make me suspect some kind of truncation of long data type numerical ids (e.g.) when they're parsed into a string data type...

...and I guess that this kind of problem would be consistent with an issue occuring post data migration, that somehow wasn't captured in test; e.g. if the initialization of an index key somewhere started out at a much higher value, post migration, than it ever got to in the test phase.

But that's all pure speculation on my part of course... sorry! Getting carried away there... LOL.

Hopefully we'll see the horse brought back into the paddock shortly ;-)

Well, I thought it was a recursive gribble in the squonkulator that was the problem.  But on reflection yours may be a bit more testicle.  I mean technical. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:26 PM

Quote - Well, I thought it was a recursive gribble in the squonkulator that was the problem.  But on relflection yours may be a bit more testicle.  I mean technical.

Somehow your theory sounds just as plauisble to me though Samtherapy...

Oh wait! ...unless its just a null byte red herring stuck under the left outer joined spam pipe... that could definitely be  the problem!

;-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:33 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I see that you too have had the joy of talking complete bollocks to middle management when they asked why their computer rolled over and died.

My Store

My Gallery

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:57 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:58 PM

He he. That's my favourite part of my day Samtherapy ;-)

By the way, in the absense of those M4 muscle morphs, I'm working on something with your Necros type dalek in it... lots of fun :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:14 PM

Oddly enough, my pic includes a Dalek.  :D

BTW, call me Sam, or Paul.

My Store

My Gallery

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:42 PM

Cool - cheers Sam / Paul... will look forward to seeing your comp entry ;-)

My name's actually Chris, not Monkey or Cloud... and really I should have made the username Monkey McCloud on account of my geographic locality...

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:45 PM

Or Jimmy. ;)

My Store

My Gallery

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:05 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:06 PM

;-)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:51 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:54 AM

He he. Just got a report of the uptime of one of my web servers this morning, prior to it being shutdown for a physical location move.

The uptime was 1002 days, 12 hours and 36 minutes. I think that's a personal record...

Its worth noting that I've changed nothing on that server in that whole time (beyond some critical security patches).

Most of the time, to some extent, change = disruption. Despite the best laid plans... that might be because change always opens up a new window for human error.

But I think it's probably more often just sod's law, or a similar principle.

;-)

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:17 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:31 AM

Just experienced something odd with my DAZ3D account, so just mentioning it here in order that other folk know there are hiccoughs:

1. Reset works, as far as getting one goes.

2. The reset archives appear in my downloads, but so do some other items !

3. The downloaded archives (in my case, the DragonFish) are executables ( .exe files), but they do not install !  I downloaded the PC versions twice, and get a 27+MB item both times, but the installer will not install on my Windows 7 32-bit system, even when I am installing to some other directory other than the program files location.

4. Fortunately (for DAZ), the extra items (in my case, the microlight plane) in my available downloads are failed links, when I try to get them. Har har.

SO.

There are still bugs, although the system happily took my money under the monthly rollover Platinum Club renewal scheme.

I have posted a comment at DAZ's facebook, since their forums are still in read-only mode.

Eternal Hobbyist

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:30 AM

I can't see the platinum club anywhere.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:34 AM

Esther, the PC Forum is here, but no PC prices are showing up in the store...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewforum/3/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:40 AM

I see. I thought something wasn't right there.  

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 9:30 AM

I think they have done the DAZ3D "Grand Reopening" prematurely. There are so many things messed up now that I can't make heads or tails of it. As for the forum currently being read only, I thought a forum was for discussion purposes, and users helping each other. That read only situation is not good at all. So, in order to learn more about the different software and products, I am searching for other unaffiliated forums. As an artist that is new to the digital arts, I need all the help I can get. Most of the youtube tutorials are lacking in professionalism.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:11 AM

Curiously, they haven't posted anything to Facebook since Thursday.  Their page can be viewed withoout a Facebook account...

https://www.facebook.com/DAZ3D.FanPage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:41 AM

Probably too busy getting the new store/forums up and running as they ought.  I guess they all had little or no sleep the past week or so.

My Store

My Gallery

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quote - Curiously, they haven't posted anything to Facebook since Thursday.  Their page can be viewed withoout a Facebook account...

https://www.facebook.com/DAZ3D.FanPage

The comments are interesting though.  The natives are restless it seems......

Hopefully, they will get it together before June.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:11 PM

They have taken the site down completely.  Hopefully that's a sign of progress, but the Down for Maintenance page is the one from the old site...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:49 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote - Just experienced something odd with my DAZ3D account, so just mentioning it here in order that other folk know there are hiccoughs:

1. Reset works, as far as getting one goes.

2. The reset archives appear in my downloads, but so do some other items !

3. The downloaded archives (in my case, the DragonFish) are executables ( .exe files), but they do not install !  I downloaded the PC versions twice, and get a 27+MB item both times, but the installer will not install on my Windows 7 32-bit system, even when I am installing to some other directory other than the program files location.

I suspect that's one of the older installers, with the (old) DAZ logo as its icon. Those do seem to be failing to run, though the later (Bitrock) installers do appear to work, both for new items and for resets. This has been reported. -------------------------------------- The forums are read only (when the site is up) as store and account issues obviously take priority.

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:12 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:14 PM

Update from DAZ via Facebook:

Just a Brief update on the Store: We are working through the bugs and issues as fast as we can. While some people have appeared to be logged in as other people, it should not let anyone into private areas (account info, checkout) with someone else's login. (I tested this myself when I was showing up as someone else.) If the store isn't issuing you DLs for product purchases, we will get that caught up as well. Don't worry, we are tracking all of it, and will get it right. We are working to get the Forums and Support up ASAP as well, so we can better deliver info and resolve any issues. Thank you for your patience during this transition! We just want you to know that we really truly do appreciate you all sticking with us during this transition! THANKS FROM ALL OF US HERE AT DAZ3D!

EDIT: The old Forums can be found at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/**

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 1:31 PM

Quote - I think they have done the DAZ3D "Grand Reopening" prematurely. There are so many things messed up now that I can't make heads or tails of it. As for the forum currently being read only, I thought a forum was for discussion purposes, and users helping each other. That read only situation is not good at all. So, in order to learn more about the different software and products, I am searching for other unaffiliated forums. As an artist that is new to the digital arts, I need all the help I can get. Most of the youtube tutorials are lacking in professionalism.

The new forums will be business as normal, but without the older pages. I'm sure anybody in the new forums can help you out or point you to an old thread with the info you need.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:15 PM

Daz3D store is back up

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:24 PM

Still cannot download anything I bought since the 17th, though. 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:24 PM

It's still messed up.

Steglon need Edwardian outfit for David????

No PC prices.

Information not filled in to show what software or 3d model required on certain items.

Yep, it's working!!!

I wouldn't buy anything until it is actually working right.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:36 PM

PC Prices are working for me now, albeit labled as "Special Price".

There are no items under the Michael 4 category, the only item under the V5 category is the V5 Ponytail, and M5 Aiden needs the Multiplane Cyclorama...

3anson ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:37 PM

exactly, if it wasn't sorted in 4 months plus, 2 or 3 hours ain't going to get it fixed.................

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:37 PM

Now Steglon needs Summer Fashion for Vicky 3.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:38 PM

Keep your money in your pockets!

All the best.

LROG

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:41 PM

There you go with the negative waves; have a little faith, baby... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:45 PM

A wise man one said:-

If you don't stand for something. You'll fall for anything.

All the best.

LROG

boggers ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:45 PM

Quote - Now Steglon needs Summer Fashion for Vicky 3.

Just thinking how nice that would look on him! 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:48 PM

Come on, when it starts working, put it in the dress!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:51 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:55 PM

Quote - A wise man one said:-

This is a website issue, not a matter of principles... :rolleyes:

The Store will happily allow me to put items I've already purchased into my cart.  It does show me as logged in.

There is also no Cararra Pro upgrade.

Edit  There are also no sort options for the wishlist; it'ssorted  by date

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:55 PM

They did mention before the site changed about the previous purchase thing.

That should have been on a high priority point.

I clicked on some items in the store and got the 404 Alien!!!!!

Now, that does not sound like it's ok.

All the best.

LROG

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:58 PM

At least they seem to be about to address the lack of documentation, well at least according to the welcome on the documentation forum that is the hope.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:59 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:59 PM

Quote - A wise man one said:-

All the best.

LROG

And another one said

Quote - A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

boggers ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:02 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:12 PM

Now Stegolian needs the anime school girl uniform - he'd look a star in that too!  If I didn't know better I'd think someone was having a laugh. On a less frivolous note - has anyone managed to pay with Paypal and download successfully yet?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:03 PM

And another said:-

Don't ever write a check with your mouth that you can't cash with your ass.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:04 PM

With the big lips it needs an Angelia Jolie leg pose!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - A wise man one said:-

All the best.

LROG

And another one said

Quote - A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Oh, that's not nice! :blink:

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:08 PM

paganeagle2001, we know that DAZ messed up with the transition.

Do you really have to repeat that every 5 minutes....

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:10 PM

When someone says the store is working, and it isn't then people need to know.

All the best.

LROG

fam0314 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:22 PM

The store is back up is all thats being said. Nobody said everything was fixed, although I'm sure you'll be repeating yourself to let everbody know that.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:25 PM

Sure will, better to save people wasting money on products that may or may not require items shown.

All the best.

LROG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.