Mon, Sep 23, 12:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Is there any demand for content for Alyson2 (anastasia)?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:03 PM

The more MAT zones the better for me, plus when you do promos for the store do a promo showing the front and back MAT zones.

The reason for this, as a add on MAT maker I like to see what I can texture with both materials an template material via Stitch Witch.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:09 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:18 PM

no store promo, this is going to be a redistributable freebie resource.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:11 PM

Even better!!!!

Looking forward to using it!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:26 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:28 PM

file_481743.jpg

hmm, on second thought it will have to be done with masks, not mat zones.

the best meshes for the cloth room use delaunay triangulation, which gives a randomized pattern of triangles -- which are unsuitable for clean mesh group lines.

as long as the mesh has good UV maps, however, masks are an excellent compromise.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:35 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:37 PM

Is that Alyson_dev for alyson or alyson2?  Ihavent used it because I figured it was for Alyson1

Quote - Ok, now I normally use AGE:-

LINK

This sets up my groups for the item. What you might have done is mixed up some areas when grouping ans so get the problems you have encountered.

Once you have a grouped mesh, just import in to Poser. Make sure Centred and Percentage of size is switched off.

Now, I normally don't have any figure in the scene, but that is my preference.

Go to the Setup room.

Now rigging isn't hard, you just need the right Dev rig to do it with.

If you have a look in your PoserCharacters sectionPeopleAlyson, you will see a figure called:-

Alyson_DEV

That is the rigging that you need, so pull into the scene and the bones will now appear.

Back to the Pose room. At this point, if you get an error message saying things are not grouped, then you have missed something in the grouping with AGE and need to find out where the problem is back in AGE.

If everything has gone right, you are now back inthe Pose room. Load in Alyson 2 and now do a conform of your new item to the figure.

Now, the pain begins!!!! Lol.

You may need to check fall off zones as things stay in place or elongate when you move or ben a limb.

I can't go into doing that in this little post, but it's not hard, I used to think it was impossible, but now it holds no fear.

Once everything is done, fall off zones working etc. you can then save it to Your Character section in a folder of your choice.

If all works as well, dance around like a loom and shout outto all that can hear that it works!!! Well, you don't have to but you will feel like doing it!!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:53 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:58 PM

It should work with both.

If not, I'll make one for people to use.

All the best.

LROG

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 1:13 PM

file_481751.jpg

just a viewport cap, WIP

philebus ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 2:03 PM

Wow! These clothing items look amazing...I'm glad I found this thread, I've nipped over to the store to buy Shae, which I somehow failed to spot earlier - great looking morph (I always love the Blackhearted faces - from nia, through V3, SP3, and V4 and these.) and now I can look forward to giving her something good to wear.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 3:50 PM

file_481759.jpg

triangulated version optimized for the cloth room

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 3:51 PM

file_481760.gif

UVs

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 3:52 PM

file_481761.jpg

UVs again

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 4:30 PM

file_481763.jpg

I really am still working on these Jeans (Click for a better view) and the business suit for Ana (and adding morphs for Candy and Shae now), but the learning curve on the rigging has side tracked me far too much. Not to mention several side projects I've rigged for others.

I just suffer from wanting them to work RIGHT! and having a harder time accomplishing that than I at first thought there would be.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 4:45 PM

Letterworks, I like the jeans. I am looking forward to purchasing them.  Where are the shoes from?  My A2 needs some.

Take your time & make it right.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 4:59 PM

I wouldn't think it should.  Alyson 2 being weightmapped and alyson not.  Plus are their default poses not slightly different?

Quote - It should work with both.

If not, I'll make one for people to use.

All the best.

LROG

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 5:03 PM

One more question..  what is our best workflow?  Model and rig to Alyson2 then morph to fit Anastasia?  Or is it just as easy to model to Anastasia and rig with Alyson2s skeleton?

toastie ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 6:11 PM

Quote - I really am still working on these Jeans (Click for a better view) and the business suit for Ana (and adding morphs for Candy and Shae now), but the learning curve on the rigging has side tracked me far too much. Not to mention several side projects I've rigged for others.

I just suffer from wanting them to work RIGHT! and having a harder time accomplishing that than I at first thought there would be.

Like the jeans, even though everyday clothing isn't something I use much.

Still looking forward to EOD's Tailgunner set :)

I was hoping when the Little Red set came out for Ana that there might be more similar stuff in the works, but nothing else so far.

I've found the best way for me to convert V4 clothing to Ana is just to refit manually - and hooray for the Morph Tool! Having very little luck with WW and no XD licence for A2, so I'm going to have to stick with pushing and poking her into other figures' nifty sci-fi clothing for now.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 6:19 PM

Ok, my bad, it does appear that there is differences:-

Link

So, we do need a Alyson 2 Dev rig to start with.

As to which wayt to go, I did my top for Alyson 2, and then did a slight bit of work for an Anastasia version.

Did a quick test, imported the Alyson 2 versions, then load in a Load Morph Target, both worked fine.

It was only a little bit of modification, but it did work.

All the best.

LROG

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 8:19 PM

well  I now have this long list of stuff to make ..  as long as I think I'll sell at least 10 of each I don't mind giving it a whirl.

I'm about to buy Shiae (?) the new girl, so I can make magnets for her as well.

first up is going to be the bodysuit.  So if any vendors following this want to make textures for it, drop me a line and we can talk.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of vendors are used to vicky. Alyson is shaped slightly differrently, and rigged differrently. I had a couple bobbles myself but I cheated ... I asked Nerd heh.  For people used to working by rote a change as big as that is scary :)

I've made conformers for all sorts of weird things like elephants and dinosaurs as well as other third party figures so it's just one more cr2 to mangle to m. But really .. breast bones? just made me laug, though I can udnerstand why.

Yeah six months is a while to wait for new stuff for a figure, but we're here now. So why not ask for what you want? this seems to be a big thread now with lots of eyes on it.

Let the vendors know you are interested. On good terms with some? message them and ask for content.  It seems to have worked for the people wanting mens clothing so here your chance to proive you can lobby for another figure.

Yes I do intend to be making a proper devkit, optimised for subd modelers.

Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 8:29 PM

things to know:

alyson 2 and alyson 1 are VERY DIFFERRENT. you can NOT use the a1 devrig for a2 content

Aly2 uses the weightmapping layer on top of the regular rigging, so tools made to work with classic cr2's will barf on her. In theory one could take the wm layer off and resave the cr2 but cough I havent figured out how yet

Helpful tip: Export aly2 in the zero position. this will work as your grouping item in AGE

Posers grouping tool is Evil.  If thats what you have though, remember, after grouping in poser you MUST open the mesh in Uvmapper or similar and Weld Vertices. Poser still chops them at group lines. This will do bad things to you later

You can group or regroup thngs in Uvmapper, though AGE is my preference.

Always try to model to the base shape, or strange things happen when rigging/moving.

Alyson2's feet do odd things , so if you are making non-flat-pose shoes (very high heels) you need to be careful.

Lyrra

LilWolff ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 9:44 PM

Blackhearted, I don't have luck with dynamic and I prefer conforming. It is my personal choice for the software I purchased, this is a hobby to me. I really try not to spoil it with needless arguments, disagreements and differing opinions, to each their own. 

My answer  to Lyrra's question was an honest one and it was not meant as an insult to you or anyone else. I am sorry if anyone felt i was targeting their work in a negative manner, that was truly not my intent. 

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:04 PM

file_481771.jpg

so the dynamic dress resource is pretty much finished.  ill release it tomorrow since i still have to write the readme, and triplecheck it for any issues.

i created several different masks, with components of them on separate layers of a .PSD file, so people can add more masks, recombine them, etc to get different dress cuts. pictured are 4 combinations, short and long skirt with both short and long sleeves.

the fact that masks are used is a double-edged sword. you can run one simulation, and then swap to different dress lengths without having to re-run the simulation, or if you run into issues with the sleeves in a sim, you can swap to the short-sleeved one.  the downside is that there may be some slightly unpredictable results when using the short sleeve/skirt masks in some simulations. since its redistributable (read conditions in the readme) you can even cut up the mesh in a 3D app, remap it, add to it, or whatever you want. 

theres morphs for Shae and Anastasia, someone just mentioned Candy to me so ill see what i can do about adding that as well.

cheers,
-Gabriel

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:06 PM

Attached Link: Bagginsbill Sequin Shaders

file_481772.jpg

quick sim.

there are no textures, so this is using BB's excellent sequins shader available on his site for free.

Karth ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:02 AM
Online Now!

She is such a beauty in this dress. Well done :)

rjjack ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:27 AM

Quote - quick sim.

there are no textures, so this is using BB's excellent sequins shader available on his site for free.

gorgeous, i use the BB sequins all the time

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:18 AM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:26 AM

Hi all, made a dev rig for Alyson 2 but.......

It's 7 plus meg?????

I stripped out all the magnets, the material and the morphs as I do normally

So, why is it this high????

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:43 AM

Just wonder if the weight mapping is going along with the rig.

Also wondering, if it does, can I redistribute this cr2 as a resource for others to use.

All the best.

LROG

toastie ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 6:44 AM

Quote - well  I now have this long list of stuff to make ..  as long as I think I'll sell at least 10 of each I don't mind giving it a whirl.

Lyrra

Definitely interested in the body suit!

Trouble with anything else is I don't know what I want 'til I see it and it says "buy me!" ;)

Generally though my list would be conforming sci-fi and fantasy stuff.
(Morph for Candy would be a plus!)

(If it helps, things I wouldn't buy are everyday clothing (don't use it) and dynamic clothing (make my own).)

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 7:12 AM

ah. ok now I'm looking at that one. hrm.  Still need to get that bodsyuit done or I won't have anything to do promos in

Lyrra

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 9:51 AM

Technically you probably cant without permission... though through our experience with v4 wm that may be true of the basic rigging.  There is probably a lot that could be dis allowed by the strictest legal reading of the liscence, its a matter of what SM will allow.  Perhaps PM one of the SM guys at RDNA and ask

Quote - Just wonder if the weight mapping is going along with the rig.

Also wondering, if it does, can I redistribute this cr2 as a resource for others to use.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:09 AM

Ok, will pop over to RDNA!!!

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:21 AM

Message posted, so hopefully there will be a response shortly.

If SM give permission, then this will be a  freebie for othes to make content for Alyson 2 and so to Anastasia etc.

All the best.

LROG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:11 PM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:17 PM

i've been wanting one of those Baywatch one piece suits and the floaty thing they carry when they are running to the rescue.  i forget her name, not thinking of Pamela, but the brunette

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:37 PM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 12:49 PM

The advantage of a bodysuit with X amount of mat zones is that people can make so many things from them.

EXAMPLE OF LOTS OF MAT ZONES

Lyrra, will the bodysuit you are working on have hands and feet?

All the best.

LROG

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 1:16 PM

Attached Link: GND Slinky Dress resource

the dynamic dress has been approved as a freebie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 1:17 PM

file_481787.jpg

Not hijacking, but showing what can be done with a bodysuit I posted a link to.

As long as it has the right mat zones you can make most things.

Miki3 has popped along to show how you could make a Baywatch outfit very easily.

Now back to our usual transmission!!! LOL.

All the best.

LROG

toastie ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quote - The advantage of a bodysuit with X amount of mat zones is that people can make so many things from them.

EXAMPLE OF LOTS OF MAT ZONES

Lyrra, will the bodysuit you are working on have hands and feet?

All the best.

LROG

Yup, yup - lots of mat zones please!

Like the A3 ultra catsuit that can turn into just about anything. Was thinking of converting that for Ana (fun job I don't think!), but hopefully won't have to bother now. Yay! :)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 1:19 PM

And off to play with new resource!!!

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 2:00 PM

file_481791.jpg

I've done 7 all one colour Glitter MATs for the dress.

her ewe see the Ruby version.

All the best.

LROG

Rhiannon ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 2:26 PM

Modeling, mapping and morphing are not a problem, but I am definitely in need of the Dev Rig for Alyson 2.  Maybe it will help the projects I've been trying to get finished.  That's where I am getting stuck and really frustrated, rigging for Alyson 2.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 2:33 PM

Once I know everything is ok, I will rlease the Alyson 2 Dev Rig, I just need to make sure 1000% that it is legal to distribute.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:16 PM

file_481796.jpg

I will post the link once I have the MATS up and running.

All the best.

LROG

Rhiannon ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quote - Once I know everything is ok, I will rlease the Alyson 2 Dev Rig, I just need to make sure 1000% that it is legal to distribute.

All the best.

LROG

Awesome, that will be great, thanks muchly!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:38 PM

Here you go folks, 7 Glitter styles for you to render with.

LOG GND Slinky Dress Glitter

LINK TO ZIP FILE

Have fun and lets see renders!!!!

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 4:24 PM

file_481800.jpg

How about latex???

All the best.

LROG

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 5:05 PM

Quote - the dynamic dress has been approved as a freebie

Thank you so very much for this. The velvet shader looks nice and I like the heart shape that comes up using BB's sequins. It makes a great pattern. Now to get to work on some trans maps.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 5:18 PM

LOG GND Slinky Dress Latex

LINK TO ZIP FILE

10 Latex styles for you to enjoy!!!!

All best.

LROG

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 5:58 PM

I'm glad its not just me!!  

Paganeagle, thanks for doing up the dev rig

Quote - Modeling, mapping and morphing are not a problem, but I am definitely in need of the Dev Rig for Alyson 2.  Maybe it will help the projects I've been trying to get finished.  That's where I am getting stuck and really frustrated, rigging for Alyson 2.

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 6:35 PM

well setting up for alyson 2 is a headtrip if you are used to classic rigging in poser. For best conversion the clothing needs to be grouped coming in, for the bones to adhere properly, but it looks like the groups vanish after rigging. Plus they did something strange with the feet which is making foot conformers troublesome.

I've about got a clean rig on my devsuit, once I get that nice and tidy I don't mind people swiping the rig off of it.  I will get a couple people to check my work though, just to be certain.  I'm new to poser's weightmapping and I dont want to do somehting amazingly dumb (which is oh so very easy)

I'll post a WIP of the bodysuit with zones shortly. I'm still setting those up. Feet yes but not hands. In my experiance tight gloves are often best done right on the skin surface.  No cowl either.

Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 7:04 PM

file_481803.jpg

wip front and back shots of the bodysuits material zones. I'm not done cutting up the chest area.

Still need to test it in poser, so I may have to go back and cut the mesh differrently. The first couple pieces for a new figure usually have some false starts.

Lyrra

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 7:05 PM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 7:05 PM

file_481804.jpg

and the back view

Remember, this is base alyson shaped. I'll be added in the morphs after rigging is done

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.