Fri, Sep 20, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:31 PM

Quote - What I am enjhoying about Reality LUX is even if some shmoe like me will probably learn maps and stuff at his own pace, I am still managing to get some pretty sweet renders with just setting up scenes and lighting... I am going to be tackling hyper reastic glass soon I may post for advice if stuck...

Interesting image, however, the paint brush looks out of place.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:34 PM · edited Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - What I am enjhoying about Reality LUX is even if some shmoe like me will probably learn maps and stuff at his own pace, I am still managing to get some pretty sweet renders with just setting up scenes and lighting... I am going to be tackling hyper reastic glass soon I may post for advice if stuck...

Interesting image, however, the paint brush looks out of place.

Thanks thats because its part of a sequence where she is suddenly grabbed and its flying out of her hand. I see you had a nice pose image on D/A

I am building a kitchen scene from a 3DC appt scene I noticed that even thought I was able to hide most of it save the ceiling and floor which are in one peice it would have been a long time to render with only 2 mesh lights. I hid the floor created a plane with DS tile shader and hid the ceiling & side wall and set the scene inside a cube this seems to be reducing the time on a quick test...

AbiJ ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:40 PM

Quote - > Quote - Devotion

Interesting image. Doesn't look very comfortable though.. One might think you have been reading  50 Shades of Grey..

Hehe, I was thinking more along the lines of "i bet that flooring cost a fortune!" (just put a load of laminate down this week).

The pose looks good to me 😉

Abi.

WARNING: This user is officially A TEASE!

Rendo Gallery...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=730935

DA Gallery...

http://abijen.deviantart.com/gallery/

Proud artist on...

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalStardust

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Devotion

Interesting image. Doesn't look very comfortable though.. One might think you have been reading  50 Shades of Grey..

Hehe, I was thinking more along the lines of "i bet that flooring cost a fortune!" (just put a load of laminate down this week).

Abi.

Doc is one of the masters...

AbiJ ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 5:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Devotion

Abi.

Doc is one of the masters...

I know, i've used his work as inspiration for ummm....  "other things" before  hehe.

Abi.

WARNING: This user is officially A TEASE!

Rendo Gallery...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=730935

DA Gallery...

http://abijen.deviantart.com/gallery/

Proud artist on...

http://www.facebook.com/DigitalStardust

SweetT81 ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 8:13 PM

Attached Link: Wedding Night

So, since my husband decided I needed my own account and I am completely addicted to rendering now, here is my 2nd render EVER...Could be better and I need to learn my way around more, but thankfully my hubby is a great tutor! 

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 10:46 PM

Quote - "Why don't you start by importing the obj of that bottle instead of loading it as a prop. This way we have no texture or anything else loading with it, so we will see if its the geometry or the supplied textures that are not right."

How do I import one of the vases as an object?  Is the file an .obj file or something else?

I'm afraid that the vases are pure Studio models so they don't have the obj files, just the proprietary Studio geometry files. This is one of the reasons I'm not fond of that format: no way to load the OBJs in other modeling applications. You could export the model to OBJ but that would be too much work for what you need to do. I have an easier option :)

What you need to do is to simply place the model in the scene, call Reality and remove the texture from the Transmission channel. Also, set the Liquid material to be of type Null. 

You can then add any color that you want to the transmission channel to make the vases more interesting. Once you come up with textures that are not so incredibly dark, they will work great with the vases.

Hope this helps 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 11:23 PM

Quote -  

Abi.

I feel ya on that.. my wife is an interior design major at the same school i'm going to and all I ever hear about is the cost of even the samples she has to use for her schoolwork

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 2:16 AM · edited Sun, 24 June 2012 at 2:20 AM

Paolo some folks at Giantess City where I also post my work are taking notice of my Renders I have posted a link to your Rendo store. Hope it generates you some sales. Cheers!

A general question best seetings to create a hyper realistic drinking glass?

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 2:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Is there anything you would like to ask?

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 2:20 AM

Quote - Is there anything you would like to ask?

Yaooza

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 3:07 AM · edited Sun, 24 June 2012 at 3:10 AM

file_482932.jpg

Hope you like my little doggie in his England colours :)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62714/view/5/3D-Model/RealitySpots

Braintickler has tested the latest two props and we feel they are ready to go.

Notes -

While making the spotlight3 I actually learnt something about the DS-Hex bridge, the rotation morphs are not perfect but at least the flaps move (you get weird results if you take the morphs above 100%).

Please set the Softbox diffuser to mat translucent in Reality.

Braintickler ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 3:40 AM

Spot+box 

Here she comes again - my studio girl with the latest props by John3D. This time a spot and a softbox ...

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quote - A general question best seetings to create a hyper realistic drinking glass?

Both colors at white, tick the hyper realistic box and I feel an IBL in the scene helps as it gives the glass something to reflect.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quote - Hope you like my little doggie in his England colours :)

Notes -

While making the spotlight3 I actually learnt something about the DS-Hex bridge, the rotation morphs are not perfect but at least the flaps move (you get weird results if you take the morphs above 100%).

Nice work John!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - A general question best seetings to create a hyper realistic drinking glass?

Both colors at white, tick the hyper realistic box and I feel an IBL in the scene helps as it gives the glass something to reflect.

[/quote

What would be a good IOR setting?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:33 AM

Ok, here is my latest distraction. testing out a new texture and the chair, enjoy! (click for full size)

Finally, genesis has some heels, LOL. I used one of my favs for V4 and took the time to parent them to genesis.

Lounging

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:34 AM · edited Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quote - Ok, here is my latest distraction. testing out a new texture and the chair, enjoy! (click for full size)

Finally, genesis has some heels, LOL. I used one of my favs for V4 and took the time to parent them to genesis.

Lounging

Nice where did you get the heels?

Edit if those are from Fisty I already have them

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:36 AM

Quote -
What would be a good IOR setting?

I usually use 1.5200000 crown common, but you could try the others.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:40 AM

Quote - Hope you like my little doggie in his England colours :)

Notes -

Woof! Very nice indeed John!

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 9:40 AM

Quote - Nice where did you get the heels?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/shoe-pack-2-for-v4-a4/58794

I picked the ones that had no straps, saved as seperate .OBJs and parented them to genesis. Worked well but tedious, so I saved a scene with them for future reference.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 10:21 AM

Latest Reality offering.  Not happy with the lights on this one.  Lighting still remains my number 1 issue; but, fairly pleased overall.  Not sure what the issue was but my computer was rendering like 6 times faster last night than normally.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 11:21 AM

Attached Link: Valerie scavaging for food..

file_482949.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - Nice where did you get the heels? > >   > > http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/shoe-pack-2-for-v4-a4/58794 > > I picked the ones that had no straps, saved as seperate .OBJs and parented them to genesis. Worked well but tedious, so I saved a scene with them for future reference.

I read that somewhere. What does saving them as obj 1st do as oppose to simply parenting them and making manual adjustments do that make it work better?

I find using the transfer utility with boots also help since once retains the morphs..

Anyhoo a new set no post in this one.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 12:20 PM

OT another bonus with using the utility tansfer tool. My scene actually loads up without my genesis charactes clothing being all distorted so another big thanks for the tut Sharkey

Xandi ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 1:37 PM

John, your models are fantastic, beautifully made.  I love your little doggy too. Is it possible to purchase him?

Michael, very nice render, I kept my eyes on the great heels and the little ankle bracelet.  Where did you get the bracelet?

Is there somewhere that has tutorials on parenting an object? Also, I need one on the IBL thingie. I'm still clueless about which ones to use.  I know what one is, I think, but no idea on how to use it. I think I need alot of tutorials...lots... many...maybe multitudes.

And thank you everyone for the help you've given me so far!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 1:54 PM

Parenting an object is easy: right-click the item and select Change Parent. From the popup menu, select the item you want to parent it to. The list is not in alpha order, so you may need to scroll up and down to find what you need, especially if you have a lot of items.

IBL: Image Base Lighting. Easiest way to learn is to use the included ones with Reality. For my render above, I used the Alex_Apartment one. One can only rotate an IBL to change the direction of the light. Play with it :)

Yep, I too want to know what anklet that is.

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 2:27 PM

Thanks all. The anklet is just a small chain OBJ I made up for the render. I wish we had dynamic chains for belly chains, anklets, necklaces, etc. Can't believe there hasn't been one released in any of the marketplaces. I use the dynamic pearls from Stegy in the freestuff area all the time in poser.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

RLSprouse ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 4:30 PM

Michael, could you raise the camera angle by a foot or so?  ;-)

I just want to see the heels from a slightly different angle, is all...

~ Russ 

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 6:11 PM · edited Sun, 24 June 2012 at 6:14 PM

file_482970.jpg

Ok question I swapped my ceiling area light for the alex appt IBL with no map. Then have another mesh pre seted to sun for daylight my question is that noise on the grils shirt reflective caustics that will form or fireflies? If the latter how do I get rid of them?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 6:37 PM

When combining an IBL and sun light, one can get weird results. Certain IBLs also give a strange effect, so it's a matter of letting the render run till it disappears. Not sure why you'd need an IBL and sun, though.

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 6:39 PM

Quote - When combining an IBL and sun light, one can get weird results. Certain IBLs also give a strange effect, so it's a matter of letting the render run till it disappears. Not sure why you'd need an IBL and sun, though.

Cause the sun is consistant with the rest of the lighting in y story il let it bake later and see how it goes to me it looks like it may form some light reflection pattern.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 7:20 PM

Attached Link: Munchies

file_482973.jpg

Munchies

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 1:11 AM

Lookin' better than decent, Bob. What'd you end up using for your lights?

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Reggie68 ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 2:02 AM

You give a girl 1 job to do, turn your back and she's forgot what she's doing.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:17 AM · edited Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:26 AM

Attached Link: Valerie spotted

file_482997.jpg

> Quote - Lookin' better than decent, Bob. What'd you end up using for your lights?

Thanks 2 Mesh lights one area above and a sun coming in from te side.

Here is another one. One nice thing about using Genesis for kids you can apply any clothing to it, not being limited to only kids clothing and vice versa. One can apply kids clothes to adults.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:23 AM

Quote - You give a girl 1 job to do, turn your back and she's forgot what she's doing.

Fantastic work Reggie.. like how this plot line is turning out.  :-))

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:30 AM · edited Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:31 AM

Quote - Ok question I swapped my ceiling area light for the alex appt IBL with no map. Then have another mesh pre seted to sun for daylight my question is that noise on the grils shirt reflective caustics that will form or fireflies? If the latter how do I get rid of them?

It's the former. Fireflies are white and increase in size and number (in extreme cases your render will look like it is being carpet bombed). I presume, anyway, that you never have diffuse colour, glossiness/specularity too high—you are too much of an old hand to be making those mistakes. You can see that the unresolved reflections on the face relate to the glass. They will resolve, but it may take some time.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:50 AM · edited Mon, 25 June 2012 at 8:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - Ok question I swapped my ceiling area light for the alex appt IBL with no map. Then have another mesh pre seted to sun for daylight my question is that noise on the grils shirt reflective caustics that will form or fireflies? If the latter how do I get rid of them?

It's the former. Fireflies are white and increase in size and number (in extreme cases your render will look like it is being carpet bombed). I presume, anyway, that you never have diffuse colour, glossiness/specularity too high—you are too much of an old hand to be making those mistakes. You can see that the unresolved reflections on the face relate to the glass. They will resolve, but it may take some time.

I like Reggies stuff nice helpful guy too.

They are cleared up for the most part. I am aware that by using hyper realistic glass increases render times quite a bit. It is looking real good. Will post once finished..

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 3:34 PM

Just finished up the last character for the concept art, this one titled "Old Man".

See what y'all think.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 3:44 PM · edited Mon, 25 June 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quote - Just finished up the last character for the concept art, this one titled "Old Man".

See what y'all think.

I think if you would of added some care takers or other old folks out of focus would of been cool, nice all the same..

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 4:01 PM

Thanks Bob. He's concept art :-) Just a simple scene to flesh out his character a little more than the white background that I used on my first gal.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 4:07 PM

Quote - Thanks Bob. He's concept art :-) Just a simple scene to flesh out his character a little more than the white background that I used on my first gal.

I get that was just sayin'

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 5:17 PM

Quote - Just finished up the last character for the concept art, this one titled "Old Man".

See what y'all think.

George Foreman? Very nice indeed!

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 5:49 PM

Attached Link: Valerie in peril

file_483015.jpg

Here is my finished render after 17 hours had to clean up some minor noise. Am very pleased with hyper realitic glass. Thanks to John & Mike for the setting suggestion.

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:28 AM

Quote - George Foreman? Very nice indeed!

Good lord, is that who he looks like? I was aiming for something between Alfred Hitchcock and Ben Kingsley.

callad ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:37 AM

@ SuperBoomTurbo: Very impressive character and render!

@ Bobvan: your latest series (this render too) show your overall quality has improved a lot! ~This particular image left me with a craving for chocolate cake!~

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:52 AM · edited Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:52 AM

Quote - @ SuperBoomTurbo: Very impressive character and render!

@ Bobvan: your latest series (this render too) show your overall quality has improved a lot! ~This particular image left me with a craving for chocolate cake!~

Thanks alot :) 5 months almost to the day stayed about feb 28th,,,

superboomturbo ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 1:00 AM · edited Tue, 26 June 2012 at 1:04 AM

Thank you callad! I must report my failure to swing by and poke you with a stick. Consider yourself poked.

And Bob, that glass is very good indeed! Time for you to take the plunge for skin settings! Trial by fire...

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 8:57 AM · edited Tue, 26 June 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quote - Thank you callad! I must report my failure to swing by and poke you with a stick. Consider yourself poked.

And Bob, that glass is very good indeed! Time for you to take the plunge for skin settings! Trial by fire...

I prolly will get into that and normals maps at some point. Its not that I dont want to utilize them its just knowing what to do LOL! This is why i got Reality, I wanted something simple that would give me nice results. So far I am not dissapointed. I am steering ppl towards it on the fetish boards I post on. Speaking of normals, Dominique as something like normals pointing outward on her diagram for rendering a glass with liquids. What are the normals that one needs to point out?

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 11:13 AM

Somebody in my forum is asking for your help insetting up materials. See if you can help this person: http://preta3d.com/forum/general-discussion/need-help-rundown-of-settings-for-the-skinbumpdisplacement-maps/#p4645

Thanks in advance. 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.