Thu, Sep 19, 11:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: SR3 is ready...

cspear ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quote - That's cool.  I'm glad those of you with the latest toy are getting an update.  For those of us still working with, say, Poser 7 how do we find out if OURS is the most current version?  For some reason my P7 has no Materials tab where the other general file tabs are located on the right side of the screen.

IIRC, the materials tab only shows up when you're in the materials room in Poser 7.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:26 AM

Im not sure if this is a bug with SR3, in the cloth room i add a square prop (the hi res one) and set the constrained group to one edge in the idea that this edge will stay where it is(like a sheet hanging on a line). but on running the cloth room the whole square drops to the floor. i have also inverted my selection and still it ignores my constrained group. am i doing this wrong? or is this a bug...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Hana-Hanabi ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:40 AM

I think you must have things constrained to a figure. Parent the prop to a figure (even if it's not touching) and see if that helps with the constraining issue?

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:55 AM

thanx hana will give it a try tomorow,i have tried parenting to another prop but no joy either.dont know how im gonna get a sheets on a washing line without a figure there

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:06 AM

...it seems I am a pirate!  Argh, Mateys!!!

"Hmm - the number you entered didn't pass our validation. It shows in our records that we've marked it for investigation of piracy."

LOL!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:06 AM

Thanks, Deecey.  I couldn't find it when I looked a while back.  Downloading as we "speak."

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:07 AM

My download came from an Amazon fullfilment site. Anyone else notice that?

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quote - ...it seems I am a pirate!  Argh, Mateys!!!

"Hmm - the number you entered didn't pass our validation. It shows in our records that we've marked it for investigation of piracy."

LOL!

No laughing matter...contact them immediately.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:11 AM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:12 AM

Quote - Im not sure if this is a bug with SR3, in the cloth room i add a square prop (the hi res one) and set the constrained group to one edge in the idea that this edge will stay where it is(like a sheet hanging on a line). but on running the cloth room the whole square drops to the floor. i have also inverted my selection and still it ignores my constrained group. am i doing this wrong? or is this a bug...

Yes you're doing it wrong. First step - read the manual.

Quote - Constrained vertices “stick” to corresponding polygon faces of the underlying figure and are useful for cloth areas that have to follow the movement of the underlying body part.

Quote - Choreographed vertices can follow keyframed movement or be excluded from the cloth simulation.

Constrained is the wrong tool for what you're doing. Choreographed vertices go where you put them, nowhere else.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:20 AM

aside from reverse deformation, as well as creating full body morph ERC setups for you, one of the major benefits of PoserMorphLoader was that it corrected all of the horrific rounding errors introduced by Poser when exporting/importing -- rounding errors that would #%@$ up your morphs and symmetry.

i am very happy to hear about GoZ, but if Poser rounding errors are still present when using it then it is absolutely useless to me.

Letterworks ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quote - I'm hoping to see some real teen characters in the MP soon and not just young V4 heads with 30 yr old female bodies.  This would be really neat for my comic.

Love esther

Well she;s not for V4 but if you look at Real Candy 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/realcandy/91297

used NEXT to V4 she makes a reasonable teen female.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:18 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:19 PM

Just been playing with the single axis scaling and the morph brush. Both seem to work beautifully.

I'm not sure how it was done, but the morph brush seems to have much better selectivity and control. I'm now able to get into places where the brush would be unpredictable before and do very subtle things. 

Truly amazing!

Also, not sure what was done (if anything) to the render engine, but at least subjectively, things look even more "real" when using SSS and IDL. Anyone else seeing any changes?

$.02

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:25 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - Fastspring are these guys:

http://www.fastspring.com/

Thanks, I was already there. Seeing their web site didn't change anything for me. I gave my trust to SmithMicro because they earned it, those other guys...I'll wait and see. Personal information isn't trivial. Just wait until some day if your phone number gets into the wrong hands and you start getting 60 marketing phone calls a day then you'll understand.

i don't wanna give fastspring my personal info.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:41 PM

I'm not griping at you for posting the issue here, however... Who you give your personal information to is an issue between you and Smith Micro. Perhaps if you contact them directly you could resolve the issue.

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote - No laughing matter...contact them immediately.

I upgraded, canceled and upgraded again to P9 a while back...so that I could take advantage of a special offer.  It has always confused the automated system for my account.

It's all good, SM Chat support got it resolved in < 3 minutes.  All good.

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Fastspring are these guys:

http://www.fastspring.com/

Thanks, I was already there. Seeing their web site didn't change anything for me. I gave my trust to SmithMicro because they earned it, those other guys...I'll wait and see. Personal information isn't trivial. Just wait until some day if your phone number gets into the wrong hands and you start getting 60 marketing phone calls a day then you'll understand.

i don't wanna give fastspring my personal info.

Since the SR3 is free and you don't need to give any payment info, you don't need to give accurate info for the rest. At least, other than my name (which I did give), I didn't bother with a real address or phone number. Unless it's necessary to verify CC's, I never do.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:11 PM

Well GoZ works nice!!!

Had to have a quick look in the manual to see how to set it up, but it was easy to follow!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:13 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:15 PM

Had to have a quick look in the manual to see how to set it up, but it was easy to follow!!

Thanks! Tried to explain it as best I could.  8-)  And also while jumping up and down on my chair in excitement and screaming "Yeah, baby!"

I literally wrote an email to all the guys in engineering and told them I was going to kiss every one of them (LOL)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:17 PM

Well it took me about 2 minutes to do the bit on where to point Zbrush to Poser.

So easy!!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:19 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:23 PM

@Deecey

Sorry darling, we can not believe that unless we see you jumping on youtube............

Make that;  Jumping and shouting :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - No laughing matter...contact them immediately.

I upgraded, canceled and upgraded again to P9 a while back...so that I could take advantage of a special offer.  It has always confused the automated system for my account.

It's all good, SM Chat support got it resolved in < 3 minutes.  All good.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:26 PM

Quote - @Deecey

Sorry darling, we can not believe that unless we see you jumping on youtube............

Make that;  Jumping and shouting :-)

Cant oblige ... No web cam! (good excuse lol)

DarrenUK ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:28 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:45 PM

Quote - My download came from an Amazon fullfilment site. Anyone else notice that?

I keep getting that as well but it's just a long name with no file suffix on the ensand when I go to save it, nothing happens can anyone help?  

Ok, just tried again. This time got a SmithMicro page saying that Poser sr3 was not available. I think I should get suppost. Remember the good old days when you could just download updates from your account page? :)  ...

GRRR! And now the support link that they gave in the email is down. Updating the website etc just before a big software update, probably not a great idea. Will wait till tomorrow and try again.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:39 PM

file_485130.jpg

Well GoZ works both ways!!! LOL.

Playing with Michelle, took into Zbrush with GoZ, had a play and dropped back into Poser, again with GoZ!!!

All the best.

LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:43 PM

Quote - Well GoZ works both ways!!! LOL.

Playing with Michelle, took into Zbrush with GoZ, had a play and dropped back into Poser, again with GoZ!!!

All the best.

LROG

If you press the X key in Zbrush before you use your brush you will turn on symmetrical mode and it will make symmetrical morphs. You'll only need to morph one side and the other will follow. Press x again to turn it off.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thanks!!! One quick question, if someone doesn't have ZBrush4 etc. would it work with Sculptris?

Just wondering.

All the best.

LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:52 PM

Quote - Thanks!!! One quick question, if someone doesn't have ZBrush4 etc. would it work with Sculptris?

Just wondering.

All the best.

LROG

I don't have Sculptris, so I can't verify ... But a quick search seems to indicate that ZBrush is needed.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 1:53 PM

I don't think it will work. GoZ connects apps to ZBrush not to other GoZ apps as far as I'm aware. So Sculptris to ZBrush and ZBrush to Poser but Sculptris to Poser probably won't work any more than say...Sculptris to modo via GoZ or modo to Max via GoZ.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:00 PM

Yup ZBrush is required for GoZ... I was humming and hawing about the expense of ZBrush... then just bit the bullet and got it a few months ago when thinkcoop made the announcement about GoZ being added...

...SR3 now installed and the GoZ integration is totally awesome!

Plus the additional instructions in the Poser Pro manual regarding using it are pretty damn clear and easy to follow too 😉

I think this will accelerate my personal ZBrush learning curve exponentially...

...couldn't use ColorCurvature's PoserMorphLoader before, unfortunately, as I'm on a mac...

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:05 PM

Show us your morphs!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thanks folks, the reason I asked was when I hit trhe GoZ button in Zbrush it popped up a looking for Sculprtis screen, like the one for Poser!! Lol.

I just clicked on the Not Installed bit and it now goes straight to Poser.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:13 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:14 PM

file_485132.jpg

Making Pixie ears is fun!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quote - Making Pixie ears is fun!!! Lol.

All the best.

LROG

Yay, nice one!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:42 PM

I know they are not that great, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere!!! Lol.

Liking what I'm seeing with this SR.

All the best.

LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:51 PM

file_485135.jpg

Alyson 2, before and after about 5 minutes in ZBrush with GoZ ... and EZ Skin applied.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:53 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:54 PM

I could never get past the almost Asian eye folds she's got ;). Hard to get rid of em. Don't have Zbrush tho. Might make it easier. She doesn't really have an upper eyelid :P

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:56 PM

Quote - I could never get past the almost Asian eye folds she's got ;). Hard to get rid of em. Don't have Zbrush tho. Might make it easier. She doesn't really have an upper eyelid :P

Laurie

It's doable, just takes time. I'll take a stab at it later.

martial ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 2:58 PM

I have Zbrush 4R4 (not use Zbrush often but have it) and Poser pro 2012 sr3.Now i see where to import-export Goz file

But now how to put some  morph on face (for example) in Zbrush and import this morph in Poser after and put on the character face .Some tutorial around ???

And another thing :see the difference in poserStarup.py in poserscripts folder If you compare to the last one you will see some reference to loading addons which was not there before

Reality 3 coming to Poser???

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:00 PM

You just press the GoZ button in ZBrush and switch back to Poser. The morph will be there readyt tp be named.

It is all explained in the manual

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:02 PM

Ok...I orderded the update about 4 hours ago. The "fastspring.com" website says this on the conformation page:

"Thank you for placing your order. We appreciate your business.

Your order is processing and you can expect to receive a receipt and delivery information via email within the next several minutes.

Note about SPAM filters: We are sending important information to you via email. If you haven't received an email regarding your order within 30 minutes, please carefully check any SPAM folders and filters to see if the message has been blocked."

As I said, it's been about 4 hours and still no email. Checked my spam...not there either.

I wonder if they are using the email notices to slow down how many people are downloading the program at any particular time?

Getting annoyed mainly because there is no information as to what to do if an email doesn't show up!

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:02 PM

The instructions for GoZ are on pages 713-723 of the manual.  Depending on whether you want to morph the entire figure, or a single body part, you choose Figure > Export Figure Mesh to GoZ, or Object > Export Object Mesh to GoZ.

If you use that method, you'll be prompted to enter a name for the morph when you GoZ it back into Poser.

It's super easy, and super fast.

Yes ... Reality 3 is coming to Poser! 8-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:08 PM

To take the morph back to Poser:-

Look in the Tool section on the right hand side of the screen:-

The one with Load Tool, Save As etc.

Look down the box and you will see a GoZ button on the line where it says:-

All  Visible

Click on that and you will be taken back to Poser and you can then give it a name before it loads onto your figure.

All the best.

LROG

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:19 PM

Quote - Note about SPAM filters: We are sending important information to you via email. If you haven't received an email regarding your order within 30 minutes, please carefully check any SPAM folders and filters to see if the message has been blocked."

I have Comcast, and I have had a problem with spam not showing up in my SPAM folder at all, it's like it disappears into the ether somewhere. There are cases where I have to contact software companies for updates directly to set up another method, or to request that they send the email to an alternate email address.

I would contact SM with your order number, and let them know you haven't received it yet. You might be suffering a similar problem.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:29 PM

How precise is the goz when morphing extreme poses?

MarianneR ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:29 PM

@Deecey:

Alyson 2 doesn't seem to be symmetrical in the head part, at least I haven't succeeded in using symmetry in Modo. Does symmetry work in ZBrush or did you morph the left and right side separately?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:34 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:37 PM

Quote - @Deecey:

Alyson 2 doesn't seem to be symmetrical in the head part, at least I haven't succeeded in using symmetry in Modo. Does symmetry work in ZBrush or did you morph the left and right side separately?

Used Symmetry in ZBrush.

Modo is VERY VERY VERY VERY picky about symmetry. Because of that it's the app that I use to make sure that any content that I make is symmetrical. I played with a few apps, actually, and Modo is the only one that really complained.

ZBrush is more lenient and yes, symmetry does work in it.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:41 PM

I'm guessing that the GoZ isn't in 9, only in 2012?

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

MarianneR ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thank you Deecey, that sounds great. Might make an investment ... :)

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:44 PM

Yes, GoZ is PP2012 only

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quote - I'm guessing that the GoZ isn't in 9, only in 2012?

I believe so.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.