Thu, Sep 19, 6:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: SR3 is ready...

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:52 PM

Quote - How precise is the goz when morphing extreme poses?

I'm not the world's greatest ZBrush expert and so far have only used it for fairly simple morphs, and it seemed to work pretty well for (say) an arm up morph.  Maybe some other ZBrush experts can comment on this one.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:56 PM

has anyone rendered anything yet with the new SR3 installed, my image seems to be taking a long time to render just one figure, env sphere, background plane and two light emitters. 

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 3:58 PM

Mine stops and sits for a while at transparency maps (still) but overall seems to take about the same amount of time.

Laurie

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:02 PM

Okay, maybe that is what is going on, it is on the lashes, ans seems to be taking forever! lol 

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

wingnut1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:14 PM

Anyone else having a library display issue? My library previously opened up in its own window and had a minimize button. After the update it's gone back to the old Poser way of only having an x to close it, ie no option to minimize the library now.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quote - Anyone else having a library display issue? My library previously opened up in its own window and had a minimize button. After the update it's gone back to the old Poser way of only having an x to close it, ie no option to minimize the library now.

Do you see the small gray docking square in the upper right corner, just under the X to close? Click that square, and choose "Floating." Does that fix it?

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:19 PM

Customer service say the update should have created an order over at Content Paradise...no such order yet.

Let me compare how I ordered the update with what other people have done:

1. Received email from Smith Micro informing me of the SR3 update.
  2. Clicked on the link in the email and was taken to this page: http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html
  3. Clicked on the "Win SR3 Update" button and was asked to provide my serial number, which I did
  4. Was taken to "fastspring.com" to complete my order
  5. Entered personal information and completed my order
  6. Was taken to a conformation page that told me I would be emailed a receipt and download information within 30 minutes.

There was nothing said about using Content Paradise.

Is this similar to how other's ordered the update, or did I do somthing different?

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:22 PM

I'm finding I can no longer drag and drop into Morphing Clothes from the library. Also, EZSkin now says Michael4 and Victoria4 are not supported. Is it just me?

wingnut1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quote - Do you see the small gray docking square in the upper right corner, just under the X to close? Click that square, and choose "Floating." Does that fix it?

No but I figured it out. In preferences, set libray to open externally instead of embedded.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So far it looks good. Deleting items from a scene no longer results in an age long wait for the scene to refresh. Same after rendering, no long wait for the preview after you click the preview tab. I often had to wait a couple of minutes for the preview to reappear.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:33 PM

Quote - I'm finding I can no longer drag and drop into Morphing Clothes from the library. Also, EZSkin now says Michael4 and Victoria4 are not supported. Is it just me?

Having no problem with either - I have not, however, updated to EZSkin v2 yet.  I'm using EZSkin 1.7

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quote - > Quote - Do you see the small gray docking square in the upper right corner, just under the X to close? Click that square, and choose "Floating." Does that fix it?

No but I figured it out. In preferences, set libray to open externally instead of embedded.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So far it looks good. Deleting items from a scene no longer results in an age long wait for the scene to refresh. Same after rendering, no long wait for the preview after you click the preview tab. I often had to wait a couple of minutes for the preview to reappear.

Thanks!!!! That fixed the Morphing Clothes problem.

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:45 PM

So happy you all like the improvements.
There are barrels of them.
:-)
And do not forget to thank Dee for the manual.....completely updated.....right up to the last minute. :-)

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:52 PM

So, I guess I managed to confuse the customer support guy. See, I originally purchased Poser Pro 2012 through Content Paradise, so he thought I got the update through them as well.

All he had to do was forward the info email from fastspring.com and that had the link to the download (at the amazon fulfillment site...just like everyone else)

More complicated than it should be...

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:54 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 4:59 PM

Quote - So happy you all like the improvements.
There are barrels of them.
:-)
And do not forget to thank Dee for the manual.....completely updated.....right up to the last minute. :-)

ROFL Got that right.

No rest for the wicked. 8-D

And I love EVERY minute of it!!!!!!!

wingnut1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:00 PM

Quote - Customer service say the update should have created an order over at Content Paradise...no such order yet.

2. Clicked on the link in the email and was taken to this page: http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html
  3. Clicked on the "Win SR3 Update" button and was asked to provide my serial number, which I did
  6. Was taken to a conformation page that told me I would be emailed a receipt and download information within 30 minutes.

Is this similar to how other's ordered the update, or did I do somthing different?

That's exactly how it worked for me.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:14 PM

Hmm...I got my email with the link IMMEDIATELY. It arrived sooner than the confirmation email for crying out loud...lol.

Laurie

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:15 PM

Quote - > Quote - Customer service say the update should have created an order over at Content Paradise...no such order yet.

That's exactly how it worked for me.

Same here, and email with link for the download was almost instanteous.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:18 PM

How fast it works it probably a function of timing. I downloaded about 8AM eastern, ahead of the rush for most of the country. No problems. If you try when 10,000 others are also trying, expect delays.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:19 PM

A very BIG THANK YOU to all that worked on the SR3 update and the documentation.

I think it is right to give those praise that help us to enjoy our Poser experience.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

samhal ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:25 PM

Ok anyone else have this issue? Downloaded SR3 no problems, installed no problems, runs no problems EXCEPT for this annoying pop-up:

Everything seems ok, renders ok...just this pop-up pops up about every 3-4 minutes. Anyone have any quick ideas before I go to SM?

Thanks!

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yeah, many thanks to all involved for an outstanding result with SR3... lots of great stuff in this update :biggrin:

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:29 PM

Quote - Ok anyone else have this issue? Downloaded SR3 no problems, installed no problems, runs no problems EXCEPT for this annoying pop-up:

Everything seems ok, renders ok...just this pop-up pops up about every 3-4 minutes. Anyone have any quick ideas before I go to SM?

Thanks!

I didn't get that. And I was working in it for awhile. You didn't do anything and it just popped up?

LilWolff ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:33 PM

I just clicked on the link here in the thread. Gave my serial number and then was asked for user name and password. In fact my user name was filled in for me and then got the update.

The process was very fast and easy. Just checked and SR3 is at content paradise also. 

Perhaps it is a different in the email? Then I am glad I saw it here before I read mail.  Thanks cspear!

samhal ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:34 PM

Yep. Just normal posering and I get this pop-up.

I'm wondering if it's conflicting with, or has something to do with, Queue Manager 2012? Hmmm...

i7 6800 (6 core/12 thread), 24 GB RAM, 1 gtx 1080 ti (8GB Vram) + 1 Titan X (12GB Vram), PP11, Octane/Poser plugin, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:35 PM

Send SM a ticket :)

Laurie

samhal ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:36 PM

BTW, while I'm trying to trace this problem down, how does one go about the single-axis scaling? Is there a particular something I should be looking for?

Oh, and a wiener dog!

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:42 PM

I think it just means you can now scale limbs and things and not have it look bad ;). Can make dwarves and little people and use the Kids 4 and Freak without weird things going on ;).

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:47 PM

Quote - I think it just means you can now scale limbs and things and not have it look bad ;). Can make dwarves and little people and use the Kids 4 and Freak without weird things going on ;).

Laurie

When using characters that have body parts that are scaled up or down like this, you'll need to select the BODY actor of the clothing and switch to the Properties tab. Make sure that "Include Scales when Conforming" is checked for each piece of clothing that he/she wears. That way, the clothing will follow the scaling of the body parts on the character.

samhal ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quote - I think it just means you can now scale limbs and things and not have it look bad ;). Can make dwarves and little people and use the Kids 4 and Freak without weird things going on ;).

Laurie

Ah, understand. Ok thanks!

SM ticket opened.

Oh, and a wiener dog!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:50 PM

Quote - Yeah, many thanks to all involved for an outstanding result with SR3... lots of great stuff in this update :biggrin:

It's amazing to see how it all comes together after weeks and weeks of pouring over code. They are wizards at what they do, and they will appreciate the thanks.

samhal ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 5:55 PM

Quote - Yep. Just normal posering and I get this pop-up.

I'm wondering if it's conflicting with, or has something to do with, Queue Manager 2012? Hmmm...

Yep it has to do with QueueManager2012. Terminated the app and the problem went away...in case anyone else runs into this. PP2012 SR3 works great!!

Oh, and a wiener dog!

thinkcooper ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:03 PM

We were not expecting that our new fulfillment partner Fastspring would require our customers to enter email and contact data for a free download, but the cart they have provided to us seems to be doing just that. We don’t feel that entering data other than a serial validation should be a requirement of a free service release, so we have redirected our links back to our own cart for the service release. We’ve heard your concerns, and this change hopefully will address those.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:05 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:05 PM

Oops..I'm too trusting ;). And very very unobservant...lol.

Laurie

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:07 PM

My thanks to all involved. Great update. Doubt I'll ever buy Zbrush, but you never know.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:26 PM

thanx also for the update, dont think i will ever afford zbrush either,lol.also thanks bagginsbill for the help, dont get much time on the computer to access poser manual or poser.had my alotted hour for this week to try something out,next time i shall do some reading,lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 6:52 PM

No Zbrush here either and probably never, but the old fashioned way wasn't hard at least ;). Thanks guys for the update.

Laurie

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yep. Just normal posering and I get this pop-up.

Yep it has to do with QueueManager2012. Terminated the app and the problem went away...in case anyone else runs into this. PP2012 SR3 works great!!

So does this mean there's a problem using Queue Manager with this update then?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 7:58 PM

Hmmm ... according to the updater page, the Queue Manager should be installed with SR3.

There is a separate Queue Manager installer to use on remote render nodes ... for what that's worth.

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 8:03 PM

Quote - Hmmm ... according to the updater page, the Queue Manager should be installed with SR3.

There is a separate Queue Manager installer to use on remote render nodes ... for what that's worth.

SR3 is downloading (very slowly....) at the moment, but I didn't see any mention of Queue manager anywhere. Wondering if the problem with the popup error message was resolved?

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 8:06 PM

Well according to the update page, if you install Poser SR3, the Queue Manager SR3 updater will be installed WITH that.

There is a separate Queue Manager SR3 updater for use on render nodes (in other words, if you don't have Poser installed on other computers on your network, but you use the Queue Manager to spread the load to other computers).  THOSE are the computers that you install the separate Queue Manager SR3 updater onto.

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 8:10 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 8:15 PM

I was wondering about this problem and if it was resolved? I don't want an error message popping up every few minutes!

Quote - > Quote - Yep. Just normal posering and I get this pop-up.

Didn't see any mention of Queue Manager on the CP update page so thanks for the extra info.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:38 PM · edited Tue, 14 August 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quote - We were not expecting that our new fulfillment partner Fastspring would require our customers to enter email and contact data for a free download, but the cart they have provided to us seems to be doing just that. We don’t feel that entering data other than a serial validation should be a requirement of a free service release, so we have redirected our links back to our own cart for the service release. We’ve heard your concerns, and this change hopefully will address those.

Nice of them to tell us now bit too late for some of us. I mean why didn't they just send it to content paradise in the first place instead of what we got given. (Note to self be wary of hopping on board too soon.)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 12:03 AM

Quote - > Quote - We were not expecting that our new fulfillment partner Fastspring would require our customers to enter email and contact data for a free download, but the cart they have provided to us seems to be doing just that. We don’t feel that entering data other than a serial validation should be a requirement of a free service release, so we have redirected our links back to our own cart for the service release. We’ve heard your concerns, and this change hopefully will address those.

Nice of them to tell us now bit too late for some of us. I mean why didn't they just send it to content paradise in the first place instead of what we got given. (Note to self be wary of hopping on board too soon.)

The info they've collected is protected in our merchant account with Fastspring. We are partnered with them for distribution of trial versions and ESD versions, we merely did the switch for SR3 to simplify the process to download.

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 1:57 AM

I was afraid that providing too much false information would make me have to deal with claims that I was pirating poser.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 2:07 AM

Wow! Some pretty good things seemed to have happened for conforming clothing functionality in SR3, eh?

😄

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 2:20 AM · edited Wed, 15 August 2012 at 2:22 AM

Quote - I was afraid that providing too much false information would make me have to deal with claims that I was pirating poser.

As far as I know, purchasing software, and then later moving to a new address and changing one's phone number or email address does not constitute piracy or invalidate the license. :)

ETA: Even changing one's name shouldn't, though I suppose moving to a different country might.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

chris1972 ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 3:52 AM

I had a dynamic swimsuit I had finished that would open with the mesh scrambled and I believe the mesh is fine. With SR3 it opens perfectly in tact!

Ometeotl ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 4:35 AM

Quote - A very BIG THANK YOU to all that worked on the SR3 update and the documentation.

I think it is right to give those praise that help us to enjoy our Poser experience.

All the best.

LROG

AMEN to that!

You guys and gals are AWESOME! :thumbupboth:

Ometeotl ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 4:41 AM · edited Wed, 15 August 2012 at 4:44 AM

Quote - We were not expecting that our new fulfillment partner Fastspring would require our customers to enter email and contact data for a free download, but the cart they have provided to us seems to be doing just that. We don’t feel that entering data other than a serial validation should be a requirement of a free service release, so we have redirected our links back to our own cart for the service release. We’ve heard your concerns, and this change hopefully will address those.

Thank you for the quick reaction!

It shows that the people at SM really listen to their customers, IMO.

It's a rare thing and very much appreciated

PS: Sorry for the double-post, but I didn't know how to quote two different posts in one reply

wingnut1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 August 2012 at 4:46 AM

Quote - No Zbrush here either and probably never, but the old fashioned way wasn't hard at least ;). Thanks guys for the update.

Laurie

With the Poser Morph tool, do we even need Zbrush for this?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.