Thu, Sep 19, 10:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:47 PM · edited Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quote - You need the companion poser files to use the Genesis Baby. You can either create them yourself in DS or wait for the vendor to release them.

Here's a pic with Basic Child and Hitomi at .5 - its great that we have new kids in Poser that can fit in most clothing items (using discretion of course, some outfits are just not meant for kids).

Will the figure take Gen 4 clothes (and textures as long as I'm asking), or do you need an addon for that?

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:52 PM

And BTW...omg...I got the GenEvolution Morph bundle and she has LOWER EYELIDS! I'm floored ;).

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:57 PM

The Daz store says I have nothing in my cart, but when I try to get the importer it says the maximum quantity allowed is 1. This is not encouraging.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

mada ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2012 at 11:59 PM

Quote - The Daz store says I have nothing in my cart, but when I try to get the importer it says the maximum quantity allowed is 1. This is not encouraging.

Are you logged in? I had the same thing until I logged in and clicked on my cart and it was in there.

...faith, trust and pixiedust

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:02 AM

I didn't have any problems.

Laurie

mada ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:09 AM

Quote - Will the figure take Gen 4 clothes (and textures as long as I'm asking), or do you need an addon for that? Laurie

It would be possible to autofit Gen 4 clothes in DS and save as a .duf file + poser companion file to use in Poser. Without smoothing and collision the results might not be as good as clothes created specifically for Genesis. Gen 4 clothes loaded directly in poser won't work, you need autofit in DS.

Genesis will take V4, M4 and K4 maps - I think its possible to change uv's by using the MC6 presets first and then loading your map but I haven't played with that yet.

...faith, trust and pixiedust

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:12 AM

Thanks Mada :)

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:26 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:30 AM

file_487557.JPG

Very pretty :). Her default texture is a bit blue, but I think I can fix that ;). See?!...lower eyelids ;).

These are the Genesis Evolution head morphs btw. They were all I was willing to buy until I saw how this worked and if I like ;). So far, I like it. Heh. To be brutally honest, I was still expecting a lot of hoop-jumping and to have DS installed. Pleasantly surpised. It's fairly seamless and easy.

Laurie

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:34 AM

Thanks Mada and I'll have to make textures for the baby.  My next question is, I want to put muscles on M5 but when I buy them at DAZ, how do I install it?  Do I install it in the Poser library or DAZ?  This is all very confusing.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:35 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 12:39 AM

Install it the way you installed the GenesisEssentials you installed with the plugin. Point to the folder you installed the other genesis stuff in. It should all work, IF the morphs you bought have been updated that is ;). I made a new runtime for Genesis. That's where I installed the content. You can refresh the Genesis folder and when you load the figure it scans for the content.

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:07 AM

This makes me happy. It's a good thing.

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:09 AM

Quote - Install it the way you installed the GenesisEssentials you installed with the plugin. Point to the folder you installed the other genesis stuff in. It should all work, IF the morphs you bought have been updated that is ;). I made a new runtime for Genesis. That's where I installed the content. You can refresh the Genesis folder and when you load the figure it scans for the content.

Laurie

Thanks Laurie, I'm gonna go buy them now.  I hope this works :-)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:11 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:12 AM

Quote - > Quote - Install it the way you installed the GenesisEssentials you installed with the plugin. Point to the folder you installed the other genesis stuff in. It should all work, IF the morphs you bought have been updated that is ;). I made a new runtime for Genesis. That's where I installed the content. You can refresh the Genesis folder and when you load the figure it scans for the content.

Laurie

Worked fine for me :)

Oh, and thanks SM for opening up the plugin architecture and Daz for the plugin. I thought you and Genesis were a lost cause really ;). Glad to be proven wrong...lol.

Laurie

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:16 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Install it the way you installed the GenesisEssentials you installed with the plugin. Point to the folder you installed the other genesis stuff in. It should all work, IF the morphs you bought have been updated that is ;). I made a new runtime for Genesis. That's where I installed the content. You can refresh the Genesis folder and when you load the figure it scans for the content.

Laurie

Worked fine for me :)

Oh, and thanks SM for opening up the plugin architecture and Daz for the plugin. I thought you and Genesis were a lost cause really ;). Glad to be proven wrong...lol.

Laurie

Laurie

I know I'm doing something wrong but when I installed it, I can't find anything.  I put it in the Smith Micro folder.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:21 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:23 AM

You mean the content folder or the program folder? You really DON'T want to put it in the program folder. Especially if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7. Those are write protected.

Laurie

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:23 AM

Quote - You mean the content folder or the program folder? You really DON'T want to put it in the program folder.

Laurie

I put it in the main program folder of Poser.  That's where I put the starter essential stuff.  Should I put it in an external runtime and then name it Genesis?

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:25 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:27 AM

Quote - > Quote - You mean the content folder or the program folder? You really DON'T want to put it in the program folder.

Laurie

I put it in the main program folder of Poser.  That's where I put the starter essential stuff.  Should I put it in an external runtime and then name it Genesis?

Yes, but I would defintely uninstall them first and then reinstall them to you new Genesis folder. You should never put content into the Poser 9/Pro program folder. There is a folder in Documents (if you have Win7/Vista) that contains all the Poser content.

Laurie

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - You mean the content folder or the program folder? You really DON'T want to put it in the program folder.

Laurie

Yes, but I would defintely uninstall them first and then reinstall them to you new Genesis folder. You should never put content into the Poser 9/Pro program folder. There is a folder in Documents (if you have Win7/Vista) that contains all the Poser content.

Laurie

Okay, I'll give it a try.  Wish me luck :-)

meatSim ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:53 AM

I'm glad to see both companies making moves that make sense again.  I kinda figured that SR3 would open the door to genesis actually working close to correctly in poser.  That being said.. the depth of the money pit that I see looking at genesis will probably keep me from investing much into it. Unless there happens to be some MUST HAVE content coming out, though nothing I've seen so far has stirred me greatly.

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 1:57 AM

Quote - question..how does clothing poke through gets solved without the option to apply smoothing?

I haven't seen an answer to this question and hope this will help you:

Step 4 - Help! It Does Not Fit! (scroll down to this step)

ProudApache ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:18 AM

I give up!  I don't get it!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:42 AM

Ha ha!

I wasn't on the forum / online / checking emails for a day and check back in to both Genesis in/for/plus Poser (or whatever it's being called) being released (a month or so earlier than I expected) and SR3.1.

Nice...

It's a good thing for future proofing folks V4 and M4 content investments, I think??? Apart from anything else...

...but yeah, hopefully I can finally make use of the Genesis Evolution Morphs I bought a while back, in Poser. Yay! I hope...

Look forward to having some time to try it out...

😄 

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 2:45 AM

Quote - > Quote - Will the figure take Gen 4 clothes (and textures as long as I'm asking), or do you need an addon for that? Laurie

It would be possible to autofit Gen 4 clothes in DS and save as a .duf file + poser companion file to use in Poser. Without smoothing and collision the results might not be as good as clothes created specifically for Genesis. Gen 4 clothes loaded directly in poser won't work, you need autofit in DS.

Genesis will take V4, M4 and K4 maps - I think its possible to change uv's by using the MC6 presets first and then loading your map but I haven't played with that yet.

I wonder how Wardrobe Wizard will do on this? ...I'll definitely be picking up Phil's Genesis figure definition now, I reckon.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Will the figure take Gen 4 clothes (and textures as long as I'm asking), or do you need an addon for that? Laurie

I wonder how Wardrobe Wizard will do on this? ...I'll definitely be picking up Phil's Genesis figure definition now, I reckon.

I suspect the Genesis support will have to be updated. I have no doubt Phil C will do so.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:21 AM

file_487559.jpg

I have been avoiding installing DS 4.5, but I do have some content that comes with .duf as well as .dsf

Luckily, I was able to use the small python scrap to convert .duf to .cr2 inside of Poser.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 3:42 AM

file_487560.png

"Poser and Genesis Together at Last".

Just a quick render. Off to a busy day.

Karth ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:10 AM

file_487561.jpg

The stuff works great.

I converted my DAZ Slippers in minutes and it works fine in Poser now :-)

ashley9803 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 4:44 AM

Does the mesh subdivision thingy produce more detailed models so that I have more to polys to play with using the Poser morph tool?

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:17 AM

I am presently surprised at this thread and my initial 'yawn' reaction was due to my thoughts that it would quickly became another flame war.  I think the Poser heaven is over-egging it a little, althought I guess it might be for some (and in fairness there is a question mark at the end of the title).

So now I am following this thread with interest and what I really want to see now is some really stunning renders of Genesis in Poser.  I have not downloaded the new importer as I do not see me using it at this point and, although it is free, I have enough stuff filling my hard drive that I have purchased that I 'might' use to add more data I will not use.  My reason for not using it is quite simple, any money I had saved up, once a new Daz figure was rumoured, has long since been blown on V4 (now she is weight mapped) and new figures.  I may use Genesis if the expense is worth it but I am not blind to the fact that this will be a not unsubstancial outlay.  So I will start saving again and look make a decision in a years time or so time but if it is to be spent on Genesis it will because the renders I have seen show me it is a solid investment.

I will follow this thread and the galleries with interest.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:25 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 5:25 AM

The title of the thread is a reference to a DAZ promise from awhile back - that if Poser users stuck with DAZ, they'd be in heaven soon.  I think we can assume this plugin is what they were hinting about.

For those having problems "purchasing" the plugin...that's a problem many have been having for awhile now.  If logging in doesn't fix it, delete your DAZ cookies, clear your cache, and start again.  Their new web site really is a pain.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:47 AM

Following just for understanding if it's really worth or not.

Add it into the cart is easy, to install it... maybe.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quote - Does the mesh subdivision thingy produce more detailed models so that I have more to polys to play with using the Poser morph tool?

Chances are you won't be able to use the morph tool on Genesis and keep the results easily. Morphs are dynamically read from the dsf files, so you need to be able to put your morphs back into a dsf file, which the morph tool won't do. Also, you need to morph using the base cage, which is unsubdivided. If you try, do it with the unsubdivided mesh.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:09 AM

hhhmmmm .... for those of us that have created quite a few conforming clothes for V4, do you think there would be enough interest in the new Daz figures now to make converting the V4 clothing for use with Daz Figures in Poser 2012 worth the time it would take? Just thinking outloud. There would be quite a learning curve to figure out how to make them work on Genesis.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:11 AM

Starting to give up the readme at DAZ is lously its really bad it does not explain properly and now everytime I try to run genesis the text appears at the top but the scene is completely blank and after reinstalling Poser and all the genesis stuff I am not even getting it to show up in the DAZ people folder!

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

P2010 , P2012 , P2014 , Reality 3 , Max 2014 , Lightwave 11 , Showcase 2014 

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:23 AM

Another question, for who downloaded it

Since is impossible to know the file size, what are the sizes?

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:45 AM

According to chrome the genesis starter file is 429MB the rest dont go any bigger than 12MB

Desktop : AMD FX4100 , GT-630 1GB, 4x BD-RE , AOC e2343 23in LED Monitor , 1TB External (120mb/s write speed)(stores my all poser stuff and photo's from camera) and 1TB internal HDD

Website @ www.steadyrabbitdesign.freezoy.com (New site still under construction) & Dev art : Tim2700

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:48 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:49 AM

Hi fonpaolo

Most are pretty small, less than 10 meg. The biggest one I downloaded was the main file for use with Windows 7 64 bit. That file was almost 450 meg.

Edit: yep ... cross post with Demon.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

raven ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:53 AM

DSON Importer for Poser Win32 is approx 8.5mb

DSON Importer for Poser Win64 is approx 9mb

GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6 is approx 12.5mb

GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6trx is approx 440mb.

These are the approx sizes for windows.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 7:56 AM

@demon2330, are you running Poser Pro 2012 with SR3, or SR3.1 even, installed? I'd guess SR3 is the minimum requirement, is that right? Not tried installing yet myself... hopefully have time and feel up to it later tonight 😉

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quote - @demon2330, are you running Poser Pro 2012 with SR3, or SR3.1 even, installed? I'd guess SR3 is the minimum requirement, is that right? Not tried installing yet myself... hopefully have time and feel up to it later tonight 😉

Its running Poser 2012 x64 SR3 reinstalled the update after reinstalling poser.

Demon2330 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:04 AM

I forgot to add SR3 is the minium requirement for DSON

monkeycloud ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:16 AM

Thanks - I reckon I'll go with installing SR3.1 first perhaps.

I'd be surprised if there isn't stuff in there that is responding to the Poser + Genesis product's beta tester bug reports... aside from anything else.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:34 AM

Many thanks to everyone! :biggrin:

Order submitted, waiting to find the time to download all.

Vestmann ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:36 AM

Ok. I installed it and gave it a go. Here's what I think:

The subdivision works like a charm. It gives great rendering results AND lightens the load when posing - Fantastic!

After loading the 'Sample Jeremy' mat I can use M4 materials. After loading the 'Sample Lana' mat I can use V4 Materials. - Fantastic!

The bending of the figure with the weight maps... Fantastic!

All I need now is a way to convert my gen4 clothes to Genesis and I'm completely sold!!

Vestmann's Gallery

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:37 AM

If the DSON installer uses python, should it be in the main (Ppro2012 runtime)?

The runtime Genesis_essentials are placed?

Does not matter..?

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:42 AM

I installed the DSOI importer to my Poser runtime and I created a new runtime for genesis and installed both essentials installers into that.

That worked for me

I think both if the essential installers have to be in the same runtime and the add-on needs to be in the program files poser runtime for the importer to work

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 8:57 AM

Just for imformation, for Poser users who would like to make morphs for Genesis, new UV sets etc, but really, really don't want to install and use any of DS4.5, there is one other option, though not free.

Dimension3D has made a product called DSF Toolbox (for sale at the DAZ store).

Just to explain quickly first for those not up on this. DAZ's new file format includes two types of file: .duf and .dsf. .duf files are User facing files (that is, the ones the user interacts with, like cr2s, pz2s etc in Poser. .dsf are Support files which sit in a data directory and the average user doesn't use them directly, kind of like obj files in the geometries folder in Poser.

Now, unlike Poser, pretty much all the data for a figure is in the .dsf support files. One .dsf file in the data directory contains the geometry (but NOT the UVs), default rigging and just a call to the default UV set (which can be overriden by the .duf file that calls for the Genesis, telling it to load with a different UV set). UV sets are each a separate .dsf file in a UV set folder alongside the base .dsf for the product; and each morph is also a separate .dsf file (which also contains the channel information, morph grouping for the morph, ERC, dependent parameters for the morph et al).

Now, Dimension3D's DSF toolbox lets you work with the .dsf files without using DS. With it, you can extract objs from base .dsf files. So you could e.g. use the DSF toolbox to produce the base mesh of Genesis in standard obj form to load into a modeller like ZBrush or whatever for some morphing - or even into Poser as a single obj for morphing with magents or morphing tool. The DSF toolbox also lets you turn compatible objs into .dsf morph files. So if you used the Toolbox to extract the Genesis base mesh as an obj and morphed it in ZBrush, or Poser itself, you can then use the DSF Toolbox to turn that obj into a .dsf morph file so the morph is then in Genesis next time you import Genesis into Poser. And DSF toolbox also contains a .dsf channel editor, so after creating the mmorph as abaove, you can then set up all the channel parameters for the morph.

And one final thing: if you extract the obj from Genesis as above and remap the UVs, DSF Toolbox will then create the UV set .dsf file so that when you nezt load Genesis the new UV set is available.

You can do all these things without the DSF Toolbox within DS4.5, of course. But the DSF Toolbox lets you do them without DS; and if that's all you want to do, then it's simpler than finding those functions within DS's interface,

And when I say Genesis above, of course it also applies to any other product in DSON format, like adding morphs to DSON/Genesis only clothing.

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:01 AM

That worked for me.

Thanks for that. I'm sure many will stumble on this as most new DAZ installs are tricky

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:08 AM · edited Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:14 AM

The DSON installer should be in your main Poser folder (/2012) so that the python scripts will run.

HeHeHe. I soon found that the content files cannot go in the programs directory of my C: drive, no matter what I do, but I did not put it there. I put it with all of my other runtimes on my E: drive. But, years ago, because of problems Poser had finding my runtimes, I put them all in a directory called "programs". LOL, it seems Vista protects EVERY folder named "program". I moved my Genesis folder out of that directory and everything runs well.

Even with all of the specific face part morphs that are presently offered as DSON compatable, there is less variety than we had with GEN3, and GEN4 figures. The eyes are particularly hard to alter effectively. With all of the morphs available for M4 and V4, I could make those figures look like about anyone. Not so with Genesis. The specific body part morphs are also scant.

Remember, with one of the unhide dial python scripts, you can unhide partial morphs. Some of these will work independently from their full body morph. You can use the M5/V5 head with several bodies, and visversa.

Also, some of the full body morphs produce too much change in some body parts, but you can't dial them back unless you change their Parameter Settings. If you add a -1 to Min Limit, you can dial back a morph that is set too high. Most of the morphs with a Min Limit of 0.0 don't do anything if the value of the dial is less than 0.0. Which is an unfortunate waste. :(

Individual body parts or areas do not scale well for Genesis. Seeing that figures made according to Poser specifications can scale better. The converted Genesis figure is still not Poser compliant on scaleing.

I may have to learn how to convert DS4.5+ content to Poser usable format for myself. Ninty-eight items are not many to choose from. Maybe we should have a thread for DS items that are not on the DSON list at DAZ3D, but which still work in Poser?

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2012 at 9:29 AM

Thanks for the reviews, all.  Reading them with interest.

Still have not downloaded or installed this plugin myself, partly because I don't have time to figure it out this week, partly because I'm a little nervous at the reports some are having trying to uninstall it.

Do I have to buy something to try it out?  Or is there a figure to test it on in that Genesis starter essentials thing?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.