Thu, Sep 19, 10:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:56 pm)

Subject: Does the (L.I.E) Layered Image Editor work in version 4.5.1.6?

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 9:14 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

Hi,

I am just learning DS.

1. Can you tell me if  the  (L.I.E) Layered Image Editor works in version 4.5.1.6?

2. Is it an extra plugin I need to purchase or is it part of the version 4.5.1.6 software?

cheerio

lululee

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 10:24 AM

LIE is part of package. It works, but scripts cannot access it at present.  Any entries have to be done manually.

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 11:00 AM

"Q"  Why doe DAZ3d not tell its' users of any and all updates ???

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quote - "Q"  Why doe DAZ3d not tell its' users of any and all updates ???

http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-whats-new/ 

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 11:43 AM · edited Tue, 08 January 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi, thanks for the great info. I appreciate it.

Can you tell me if I make a tatoo as a png file on a character texture (like I would for the layered image file) and save it as a material file in Poser will it load it or does it still have to be done manually.

I have not worked with DS shaders so I am still trying to figure out how things work.

I wonder if the (L.I.E) works in the new beta version that is now available?

cheerio

lululee

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 11:57 AM

I'd like to know about that tattoo question myself, actually.  Can it be placed on a transparent backing and put anywhere?

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 12:10 PM

file_490276.jpg

You can make the tattoo as jpeg or png depending on what back ground and blending options you use.  The material preset must have all textures referenced at this time.

In this shot, I use tatt on jpg with white background and multiply out.

lululee ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 12:20 PM

Hi Medzinatar,

Again, Thanks so much for the valuable info. It really helps.

cheerio

lululee

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 12:23 PM

ok Peeps I have Qs  How can I fix a hole in the mesh of the Left leg within DAZ3d? and How can I upload an immage so all can see it to help with it?  I have tried the Browse and it will not load

cedarwolf ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 12:25 PM

Medzinatar, this is exactly what I was wondering about.  When you say "multiply out," what exactly do you mean?

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quote - Medzinatar, this is exactly what I was wondering about.  When you say "multiply out," what exactly do you mean?

on blend mode, use multiply and not add, subtract, or alpha

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 5:58 PM

Sorry to bother again, but is there a "for dummies" tutorial with pictures that explains how to find the LIE and use it?  I can't find the tabs in my layout.

lowpoly ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 6:08 PM

You access the LIE from the surfaces tab.

In the screen shot I see posted here, it shows the location.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 7:39 PM

file_490321.gif

Ok, here is a screen print of what I have with the Surfaces tabs.  I do not see LIE anywhere, but there is so much going on that I may be missing it.  Where in the world might it be hiding?  Did it take Waldo with it??

AlanaDale ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 8:03 PM

Just click on the left side of the surface you are going to use.

It's the 3rd choice

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 9:27 PM

Ok, I still don't get it.  AlanaDale, when you say click on the left side of the surface, what does that mean?  I found the Atlas, the Shader, but nothing that says Layered Image Editor.  I have this horrible feeling that when I finally find it, it will have been obvious all the time and I just didn't see it.

AlanaDale ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 10:09 PM · edited Wed, 09 January 2013 at 10:13 PM

file_490324.jpg

I saw it in other screen shot that somebody posted,

but here it is again

left side would be either the texture icon or the blank tab.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:26 PM

I'm starting to think this whole L.I.E. thing is an urban myth!  Either I'm too stupid to be able to find it, it's hidden so well that only a few can ferret it out, or DAZ is yanking my chain, but I still can't find it.

I downloaded and installed the latest update to DAZ Studio thinking maybe I was not using the same version...still can't find it.

I can teach semi-literate college freshmen the art and skill of professional composition, abstract concepts in literature and literary theory, and the theortetical base of literature in comic books and graphic novels, but I can't find this.

Is there, some where, an illustrated step-by-step tutorial on L.I.E. that begins with the idea that you know nothing but have the urge to learn how it works?  If it were a marketplace item, at this point, I would buy it just to get past this confusion.

I have Daz Studio 4.5 pro version 4.5.1.56.

This is incredibly frustrating!

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 10:12 PM

file_490351.jpg

Put your pointer over the tiny image of a map (in this case there isn't one) and hold down the left mouse button. You should see it.

I know how frustrating it is when one can't find something. we have all been there.

Hope this large screen shot helps.

AlanaDale ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 11:18 PM

Well, this makes the 3rd screen shot of the same thing.

A step by step tutorial wouldn't be too productive if you can't get past the first step

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 2:14 PM · edited Fri, 11 January 2013 at 2:18 PM

file_490371.gif

I'm sorry I seem to be annoying some people with my ongoing search for an answer I can understand.  This truly has me stumped.  Here are two screen shots of attempting to find the LIE:

I followed the directions given me, hovered over the area shown in the other graphics, but I can't get that little box to appear which allows access to the LIE.  I've got to be doing something wrong somewhere and I keep hoping someone will look at the examples and say something like "Oh, you need to click this other thing first, then this next thing, and then..."

I'll keep asking the question until I understand how the process works.  If this bothers some of the respondants please, feel free to ignore the thread.

AlanaDale ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 2:26 PM

After about 1:40, this person opens the LIE on video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D6doMGuudg 

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 3:22 PM

YES!!  Thank you, AlanDale!  Now all I have to do is figure out how to save the new image because the version of Studio used doesn't have the same settings available as mine.  Do you know if you have to purchase LIE in order to save, or does the free version do the job, if you know where the save button is?

AlanaDale ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 3:58 PM

Just press "Accept"

AFAIK, LIE is fully functional in all versions of DS4

Only DS3 users have to purchase it separately

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 4:12 PM

Next step: Scaling the new layer to match the other layer.  My thanks for everyones patience.

lululee ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 4:47 PM · edited Fri, 11 January 2013 at 4:48 PM

Cedarwolf,

Thanks so much for your persistence and everyone's patience in this.

I have really learned a lot from it.

Thank to all of you so much.

cheerio

lululee

AlanaDale ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quote - Next step: Scaling the new layer to match the other layer.  My thanks for everyones patience.

If both layers were designed for the same figure, scaling is pretty straight forward.

e.g., 4096 x 4096 base layer and 4000 x 4000 overlay, overlay scale 102.4% (4096/4000)

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 10:30 PM

My thanks yet again, AlanaDale.  I've always wondered about that.  I was more referring to needing to possibly resize some of the images I have that I want to use as tattoos.  I did a quick run through the LIE and while everything look correct before rendering, upon render the results were, well, let's just say it ain't pretty. 0o}

AlanaDale ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 10:39 PM

I wasn't sure what type of image you were scaling.

On things like second-skin items or tan-lines you would scale to size of texture.

On a tattoo or scar, you would more likely size to look good and use the offsets to position is in desired spot.

Post some screen shots, maybe something will jump out for a fix

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 10:45 PM

ok

AlanaDale ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 11:16 PM

file_490390.jpg

I don't know if this will help, just click to get a full size image. I just slapped this one on M5 and rendered with default lights

linnymac ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 9:13 AM

Yep, that would be it.  Great tattoo, btw.  Was there a trick to getting the sizing correct on the tat so it fit properly onto the chest area?

AlanaDale ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quote - Yep, that would be it.  Great tattoo, btw.  Was there a trick to getting the sizing correct on the tat so it fit properly onto the chest area?

Just take another look at full size of screen shot, it shows the scaling and position have been adjusted

AlanaDale ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 12:32 PM

file_490414.jpg

If you are going for an image that crosses seams, like on the back, scaling options are applied differently since it has to fit over base texture

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.