Fri, Sep 20, 2:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 12:11 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

MBusch ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quote - Hi Mario.

Thank you for your recognition about the Poser Add-on framework, it's very much appreciated. SM deserves, of course, the praise because they developed it trusting a perfect stranger, Yours Truly :)

I can't say anything but it's a good thing that you kept up with Poser because... aww crap I can't say anything. But you'll be glad :)

You deserve it, and I am sure that DAZ also knows about.

Hum, secrets about Poser... now you get all my attention! i will sleep with some dreams...

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:21 PM

Well, I spent hours on the Mac version of DS 4.5.1.6, or something like that, uninstalling and then reinstalling those Genesis files. The Duplicat ID #s problem persists. I could not get Smart Content to work. Finally, after reading many posts on the DAZ site, I uninstalled DS, uninstalled the CMS database, uninstalled Genesis Essentials (again), removed old Preferences files, etc. I installed the latest version of DS, Genesis Essentials, the CMS database. The result? Still Duplicate IDs, Smart Content still does not work, and Surfaces, which previously worked, is now as inert as Smart Content. A lot of work and it's worse than ever. I paid for the 4.5 PRO version, too, so, no, it's not exactly free for me.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:24 PM · edited Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:25 PM

Glad to see im not the only one.  I am running Ds 4.5 and have also spent thousands on content and wasted many hours trying to fix the errors to no avail.  It is what it is and unless i can import my installed content, I have no use for this new manager. It was 5 AM when I installed it and will be taken off when I get home..

MBusch ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:39 PM · edited Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:48 PM

Quote - Well, I spent hours on the Mac version of DS 4.5.1.6, or something like that, uninstalling and then reinstalling those Genesis files. The Duplicat ID #s problem persists. I could not get Smart Content to work. Finally, after reading many posts on the DAZ site, I uninstalled DS, uninstalled the CMS database, uninstalled Genesis Essentials (again), removed old Preferences files, etc. I installed the latest version of DS, Genesis Essentials, the CMS database. The result? Still Duplicate IDs, Smart Content still does not work, and Surfaces, which previously worked, is now as inert as Smart Content. A lot of work and it's worse than ever. I paid for the 4.5 PRO version, too, so, no, it's not exactly free for me.

I have DS 4.5.1.56 PRO, the last stable version, installed on My Mac running OSX 10.8.2 and can confirm again: no Duplicate ID problem. Smart Content works like a charm and I really like it. Ever so I need make some adjustments to the packged metadata, I cannot to think my workflow without Smart Content. It is so much easy and funny...

You can use the free "Fix Duplicate IDs" script from Richard Haseltine to fix the issue, but as said, the best path is update the troubled product downloading an updated installer or give a try to the new DAZ Install Manager.

I am available if you feel that I could help you to fix your issues. Currently I have zero problems with my DS installation, another than some random crashes when navigating on the content library which is caused by a specific bug in Valentina Database which is the database engine driven Content Library and Smart Content.

mustang2011 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 4:46 PM

I run DS4.5...I have a few Genesis items but don't use them too much because everytime I do, I always get the duplicate ID message popping up. I have re-load Daz several times trying to figure out how to fix it but it's still there so I prefere using Gen 4 figures and really I am happy with the results I get with them in my work.

As for the new install manager, I'm with Bob, I spent hours loading all my content and arranging them in Daz the way I wanted them it makes it easier for me to to find what I want. I don't feel like spending hours changing that or re-loading them. 

I got smart enough after loosing my hard drive last year along with everything I had installed for Daz  I have my hard drives partitioned and keep my library on F drive (my second drive) and I have everything backed up on an external drive too. I am not re-loading almost 400Gbs of files....re-organizing them again....just the thought gives me a headache.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 5:07 PM · edited Thu, 07 February 2013 at 5:07 PM

Same here I keep 2 runtimes my DS & pose. They equal approx 375 plus G in total I have a second 1T drive that I also back them up onto on a regular basis

yelocloud ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 5:11 PM

Quote - Hi Mario.

Thank you for your recognition about the Poser Add-on framework, it's very much appreciated. SM deserves, of course, the praise because they developed it trusting a perfect stranger, Yours Truly :)

I can't say anything but it's a good thing that you kept up with Poser because... aww crap I can't say anything. But you'll be glad :)

So saith the master of the tease hehehe.

Sounds like we'll have our own brand of "March Madness",in a good way, coming soon (and extending well beyond)

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 9:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I spent hours on the Mac version of DS 4.5.1.6, or something like that, uninstalling and then reinstalling those Genesis files. The Duplicat ID #s problem persists. I could not get Smart Content to work. Finally, after reading many posts on the DAZ site, I uninstalled DS, uninstalled the CMS database, uninstalled Genesis Essentials (again), removed old Preferences files, etc. I installed the latest version of DS, Genesis Essentials, the CMS database. The result? Still Duplicate IDs, Smart Content still does not work, and Surfaces, which previously worked, is now as inert as Smart Content. A lot of work and it's worse than ever. I paid for the 4.5 PRO version, too, so, no, it's not exactly free for me.

I have DS 4.5.1.56 PRO, the last stable version, installed on My Mac running OSX 10.8.2 and can confirm again: no Duplicate ID problem. Smart Content works like a charm and I really like it. Ever so I need make some adjustments to the packged metadata, I cannot to think my workflow without Smart Content. It is so much easy and funny...

You can use the free "Fix Duplicate IDs" script from Richard Haseltine to fix the issue, but as said, the best path is update the troubled product downloading an updated installer or give a try to the new DAZ Install Manager.

I am available if you feel that I could help you to fix your issues. Currently I have zero problems with my DS installation, another than some random crashes when navigating on the content library which is caused by a specific bug in Valentina Database which is the database engine driven Content Library and Smart Content.

Thank you for your offer. I should probably contact you some way other than in this thread, so that we wouldn't be off topic. I don't know what elese I can do, though.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 10:47 PM

Paolo looks like it is my scene that caused the crash. I re rendered another scene with simulated mesh sun after the sunlight caused some harsh shadows that made it look like there were tares in my characters skin and that scene loads and starts up without any issues...

Xandi ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2013 at 11:10 PM · edited Thu, 07 February 2013 at 11:12 PM

Callad, I once again followed your directions step by step.  It still won't work for me and I just can't figure out why.  Here is a snapshot of my window.  I used the node selector as instructed.  Hope this picture helps. 

Thank you for the help so far!  If  you click on this image you can see it better. 

• Stocking

UHF ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 1:05 AM

I'm having Reality Export crashes as well.

I only do 'Export Only'.  My guess is that Reality dies somewhere in there and leaves me with a half exported render, then lux dies when I try to render. It says there are no lights.

"[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #27 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_reactor_34.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #28 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_metal3_35.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #29 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_lights_36.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #30 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_fembotSkull_export:botteeth_37.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #31 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'none'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Error: 2] PLY loader error: Unable to open file

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Error: 2] Shape #31 (plymesh): Unable to read PLY mesh file 'none'

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Warning: 24] Missing end to luxAttributeBegin()

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Metropolis cooldown during first 356298 samples

[2013-02-07 23:35:09 Severe error: 46] No light sources defined in scene; nothing to render."

When I exit Daz, Daz says that it encountered a fatal error.  Hmm... Daz exit trace shows a stack trace ending with "RtUserThreadStart"

Hmm... I had been playing with material editing.  I just did a full reload of the original  materials and was able to export... however Daz still gives the same error.  Reality also seems to have gone capoof!

For this test render I'm just using Victoria 4.2 with fembot material settings morphs.  1 mesh light, and 1 camera.

Here's the fembot model;

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/xcc-990-fembot/70238

Yup. Poof...  Cannot render in Reality with that simple scene.  Same error.  Cannot export without killing Reality.

(I haven't had any troubles with other render exports, like 'Minotaur' which you just put in your Deviantart forum.)

If I'm right... you'll hear from Elianeck..  She loves that model!

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 1:19 AM

Quote - OT another genuis move by DAZ. They put out a content manager the catch you have to re install ALL of your content. I never saved the uninstallers and i have close to 200G. God forbid they could of provided an existing content importer... I know Mikey won't like this....

I don't know where you get that from bob.  I've used 3 different version of 4.0 and now like 4 version of 4.5 and have NEVER had to reinstall any content.  I've rearranged my content a couple times as it is shown in smart content(I go through the effort to do my own home-brewed metadata for nearly everything); but once my content is in my runtime it stays there until I delete it.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 2:13 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Latest render.  This time didn't do any tweaking of the model herself or her textures.  I'm going to try to go through all my content, one category at a time and delete the stuff out of my runtime that I no longer like or isn't as high of quality as I've grown accustomed to.  

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 3:41 AM

Xandi, I send you a mail (here on Rendo) :)

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - Latest render.  This time didn't do any tweaking of the model herself or her textures.  I'm going to try to go through all my content, one category at a time and delete the stuff out of my runtime that I no longer like or isn't as high of quality as I've grown accustomed to.  

Nice 'nudie' Sharky! :)

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:48 AM · edited Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:50 AM

Quote - I'm having Reality Export crashes as well.

I only do 'Export Only'.  My guess is that Reality dies somewhere in there and leaves me with a half exported render, then lux dies when I try to render. It says there are no lights.

"[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #27 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_reactor_34.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #28 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_metal3_35.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #29 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_lights_36.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #30 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'reality_scene-Resources/objects/Fembot Skeleton_Fembot Skeleton_fembotSkull_export:botteeth_37.ply'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Shape #31 (plymesh): Loading PLY mesh file: 'none'...

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Error: 2] PLY loader error: Unable to open file

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Error: 2] Shape #31 (plymesh): Unable to read PLY mesh file 'none'

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Warning: 24] Missing end to luxAttributeBegin()

[2013-02-07 23:35:06 Info: 0] Metropolis cooldown during first 356298 samples

[2013-02-07 23:35:09 Severe error: 46] No light sources defined in scene; nothing to render."

When I exit Daz, Daz says that it encountered a fatal error.  Hmm... Daz exit trace shows a stack trace ending with "RtUserThreadStart"

Hmm... I had been playing with material editing.  I just did a full reload of the original  materials and was able to export... however Daz still gives the same error.  Reality also seems to have gone capoof!

For this test render I'm just using Victoria 4.2 with fembot material settings morphs.  1 mesh light, and 1 camera.

Here's the fembot model;

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/xcc-990-fembot/70238

Yup. Poof...  Cannot render in Reality with that simple scene.  Same error.  Cannot export without killing Reality.

(I haven't had any troubles with other render exports, like 'Minotaur' which you just put in your Deviantart forum.)

If I'm right... you'll hear from Elianeck..  She loves that model!

look who it is long time you getting this with the new set up too?

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:52 AM

Did one of you try setting the Geometry format ( Output tab) to 'Lux Native'? I can remember having similair problems and this was the way to fix it I think..

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 7:08 AM · edited Fri, 08 February 2013 at 7:13 AM

Quote - Did one of you try setting the Geometry format ( Output tab) to 'Lux Native'? I can remember having similair problems and this was the way to fix it I think..

Paolo mnetioned trying this as well I will next time I work with that scene I just realized I dont have the previous version of Reality or I could of tested it with lux 1.1 see if the problem persisted then jsut to see if this new release is faulty forgot to mention I too get studio closing with errors following the crashes

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 7:30 AM

Update just had the problem with the scene switched to luxnative and it did indeed fire up! Hard to say if that is what hepled since it does start on & off at times but its encouraging. It is the same shut down error as UHF when closing studio..

UHF ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quote - Did one of you try setting the Geometry format ( Output tab) to 'Lux Native'? I can remember having similair problems and this was the way to fix it I think..

Thanks... I'll try that tonight.

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 3:45 PM

Coming up soon; "Reality Meshlights with Easy Positioning System"

I have managed to parent meshlight-to-camera in a way so Reality still sees the meshlight.

I have made a set with 3 meshlights, 3 curved lights and 3 mesh-spotlights. It comes with a guide.

At the moment it is in the hand of a tester to see if everything works OK.

It will be a freebie awf cuz..

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 3:46 PM

Nice!

UHF ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quote - Coming up soon; "Reality Meshlights with Easy Positioning System"

I have managed to parent meshlight-to-camera in a way so Reality still sees the meshlight.

I have made a set with 3 meshlights, 3 curved lights and 3 mesh-spotlights. It comes with a guide.

At the moment it is in the hand of a tester to see if everything works OK.

It will be a freebie awf cuz..

Lady... I'd kill just to use "Point At" with light sources.  Its been soo long since I've been able to do that since I use reality almost exclusively.

**I'd love to buy a cellphone-camera-picture-in-the-mirror pose set. ** (Bonus points if you can do a good duck face pose.)  So... basic mirror, a few cameras, some poses. (whole body, camera, and a few expressions), also a few material poses to set up reflective surfaces for a mirror for various rendering packages.

Yup, I'd pay for that.  I'm suprised no one has done it yet.  Here we are posing models, yet the most common pose on earth today is the cellphone shot in the mirror.

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 5:15 PM · edited Fri, 08 February 2013 at 5:17 PM

@ UHF

Just tried my set-up and ~yes~ since the mesh is parented to the camera, and 'point-at' works with a camera, you soon will have the 'point-at' feature available for your meshlights! :)

Uhm, you don't have to kill anyone, you will be getting them for free..

Oh, I forgot to mention it, but in the set are also 3 'Easy Pose' softboxes..

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 5:20 PM

Quote - ...Here we are posing models, yet the most common pose on earth today is the cellphone shot in the mirror.

All who has done that raise their hand plz..

raises hand

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - ...Here we are posing models, yet the most common pose on earth today is the cellphone shot in the mirror.

All who has done that raise their hand plz..

raises hand

Have never ever ever ever in my life done that.  As a matter of fact, don't own a cell phone and refuse to.  My wife, on the other hand, is the queen of the self-shot and can take better pictures of herself w/a cell phone while driving down the street than most ppl can with expensive slr's

callad ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:08 PM

Quote - ....also a few material poses to set up reflective surfaces for a mirror for various rendering packages.

This I don't understand since you can make any surface in Reality to be a 'mirror' with one simple click. So why do you want an additional 'material poses' for that?

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:23 PM · edited Fri, 08 February 2013 at 6:24 PM

UHF where you been? I also mostly use lux but did produce a 3Dlight today for my next chapter, (time was not really that much quicker due to cranking up the UE occlusion samples setting) I guess I should be off to Render prison LOL!

UHF ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 10:45 PM

Callad,

Thanks you!  Yep that cleaned it up.  No error on exit either.

Yes in reality, surfaces are easy to configure for reflection..  Not so much for 3DL.

bobvan,

Actually, I had an idea for your rendering.  Give one of your characters a camera.  Then use the lower quality rendering for the main story, but every now and again, have the camera character snap a shot.  Hey!  Make it a polaroid!  Then show that shot for the next frame.

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 10:54 PM · edited Fri, 08 February 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - Did one of you try setting the Geometry format ( Output tab) to 'Lux Native'? I can remember having similair problems and this was the way to fix it I think..

Callad,

Thanks you!  Yep that cleaned it up.  No error on exit either.

Yes in reality, surfaces are easy to configure for reflection..  Not so much for 3DL.

bobvan,

Actually, I had an idea for your rendering.  Give one of your characters a camera.  Then use the lower quality rendering for the main story, but every now and again, have the camera character snap a shot.  Hey!  Make it a polaroid!  Then show that shot for the next frame.

LOL im  fine with Luxrendering after using it for almost a year its more like to odd 3Delight render but all not that often. I have to admit its good to have options. For the most part when I try a 3Delight it does not beat Lux for some reason it worked well for the frame I wanted... The way I got my head around the render times is who am I in a hurry for? BTW did you try your scene with luxnative yet? Its working for me so far..

UHF ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quote - LOL im  fine with Luxrendering after using it for almost a year its more like to odd 3Delight render but all not that often. I have to admit its good to have options. For the most part when I try a 3Delight it does not beat Lux for some reason it worked well for the frame I wanted... The way I got my head around the render times is who am I in a hurry for? BTW did you try your scene with luxnative yet? Its working for me so far..

test render was OK... Now back to the salt mine and fixing all the textures the way I want.

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:00 AM

file_491453.jpg

Personally, I like the new Download+Installer Daz has just released, I've bought tons of content which one day I will install.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:09 AM

I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 4:41 AM

Here's my latest render fresh off the photoshop assembly line.  The original's shadows were really harsh and took a bit away from the render.  Since it took forever to clear up I didn't want to go through the correct-and-rerender phase.  Enjoy.

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 5:39 AM

Nice one Sharkbytes, how come redheads don't know how to sit on a chair :)

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 6:09 AM

I don't know John.. I'm a redhead and I have terrible knee problems because I always sit at my desk with one foot on the floor and one curled underneath me.  So, I'd say your question has merit somewhat.

Crystan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 8:02 AM

Here's a question I'd love to see someone answer. Is there a good way to simulate diamonds within Reality? I've been using glass with an IOR of 2.42 but it still ends up looking a lot like glass. I was thinkng that the use of thin film might help me get a bit of a rainbow sheen to them. On a similar note, I'd also be very interested if anyone had good settings for pearls as well.

Incidentally, is it better to use normal glass or 'hyper realistic' for the above? I recently picked up the Divine Hair from Rendo and I'm planning to render a pretty princess with a diamond tiara.

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 8:28 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 8:31 AM

file_491466.jpg

Crystan, you'll find diamond in the Gemstone material drop-down list, which will set the IOR for you. Personally I do not set it to Hyper Realistic.

There was a setting for Pearls but it was on the old Daz site, so cannot find it for you. There is a IOR setting for pearl in the same drop-down list though.

Sharkbyte, funny how we both rendered redheads with the simular poses.

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 9:10 AM

file_491467.jpg

I was just tinkering around and practicing abit.

ESarge ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 9:38 AM

Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

If your content is already installed then you don't need to reinstall. As far as creating a new location you can point the installer to your current location and it will install ok. If you do create a new location then you need to point DS to it.

Sarge

UHF ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 9:48 AM

Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

I usually install to a test library, then I rearrange the Poser library as necessary.  I also test the materials etc there.

After I'm satisfied, I move the test library on top of the main library.

You can use the exe installers to do this as well.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:49 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quote - > Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

I usually install to a test library, then I rearrange the Poser library as necessary.  I also test the materials etc there.

After I'm satisfied, I move the test library on top of the main library.

You can use the exe installers to do this as well.

What I was asking is do I need to lets say something like M4 morphs do I need go to go to my purchase history re select to download then redownload & install with the installer or! can I simply go to my product list find all of the installed scetion move them to a runtime folder and re merge it with my main runtime DS folder?

In any case its prolly won't bother I am just curious should I change my mind down the road as I mentioned with almost 200G of content....

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:53 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/307-353295773

file_491472.jpg

Anyhoo new renders.. Apperantly Angelina is talking about packing it in. I have a new role for her muahahahaha!

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:54 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:55 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:56 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:58 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 10:59 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/317-353295541

file_491477.jpg

Rendered as alpha and added forest pic bg worked out better then I expected

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:04 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

If your content is already installed then you don't need to reinstall. As far as creating a new location you can point the installer to your current location and it will install ok. If you do create a new location then you need to point DS to it.

_______

Sarge

Then you can import your already installed content?? I thought I read you need to reinstall everything from scratch on the forum..

MBusch ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:09 AM

Are you talking about the new DAZ Install Manager? If yes, so the answer is no, you don't need re-install nothing, but you should re-install if you want DIM track which products are installed. DIM will track only products which it installed.

You don't need use DIM to install your downloaded content. You can download your products and unarchive the downloaded zip file and install it manually. DIM will not keep track of what and where things were installed.

You can use a dummy folder to install a product with DIM and move the files to your working folders after arrange the stuff as you want, and by this way DIM keep track of what was installed.

An empty folder is not mandatory, is recommended. While the default path set by DIM, there is no requirement to use the default path, if for some reason that path does not suit your needs. You can add unlimited install directories and delete the default path set by DIM.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.